What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

firearms in the house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Don't listen to any bum info about guns and grows. I don't care what state you are in or what the gun is for- you have a gun at the grow and the pigs bust in you are doublefucked. My knowledge comes from many years inside listening to the whinning of the doublefucked from all over the US.

etinarcadiaego

Even in Arcadia I exist
Veteran
Don't listen to any bum info about guns and grows. I don't care what state you are in or what the gun is for- you have a gun at the grow and the pigs bust in you are doublefucked. My knowledge comes from many years inside listening to the whinning of the doublefucked from all over the US.

Ya i think this thread summed it up pretty well in saying it's a major risk and in the event of a bust can and typically will add an additional "mandatory" charge, and that for many that will be enough to dissuade them, and for those that it doesn't dissuade, perhaps nothing will be enough to get them to go no gun.

No one gave bum info tho, except you that is, and the only info given was that it was a major risk, but that circumstances can and may play a role in specific, albeit few, instances. Just the same, nothing is EVER cut a dry in the US justice system. otherwise everyone with a given charge would receive the exact same sentence provided the same criminal history and level of "aggravation." We know this isn't so, and that sentences are handed out on a case by case basis.

As a side note, I often find myself disgusted with law enforcement, but reading your post I find myself shaking my head. I, and others like me that grow, know the penalties of our actions if caught. Would i blame the "pigs" that busted me? Myself for knowing the consequences and doing it anyways? Or legislators for passing laws that make cultivation of this one specific plant illegal?

I'm not sure it's fair to blame police for enforcing a law most of them had no hand in putting into legislation. This isn't to say all cops are good decent people, but i wouldn't say all growers are good and decent people either, but based on your post i can read I've had a LOT more first hand experience in that department than you, and that i've found many LEO's to be decent people tasked with enforcing laws they don't necessarily agree with, though sometimes they do. I've also sonsofbitches who abused the authority they had.

For the majority i've had the displeasure of interacting with its a job, not a calling for many. I digress. I just read in your (and others > see Adjunta Pall) posts a strong distaste for LEOs based on nothing but naive fears and a misunderstanding of where our laws come from and lack of responsibility for your own illegal actions. They are obviously the easiest target, certainly the most visible, but rest assured they are NOT the source of the problem. for that very reason your (and many others here) hatred towards them is unfounded, and lends itself more to showing your own ignorance as to whats really going on here regarding laws, enforcement, and justice.

Make no mistake about which side I'm on, but at the end of the day, even after all the time I've spent locked up, i only have myself to blame . . .

We're all in this together, and if you want to be bitter and hateful, try writing your state legislature about the unjustness of the current cannabis laws, rather than making blanket statements in this thread based on so-called second and third hand "experience" which isnt knowledge, and probably could have just been skipped altogether.

Common sense should tell people guns + grows aren't a good idea . . .

lvmcgoo

Gun with erb on ya = double trouble. Join Krav Maga then you'll have advantage without a weapon it's brings a sense of security

This question is very simple. Instead of asking a bunch of people here who have very different opinions, save some cash up and consult with an experienced attorney. No offense to everyone offering up their opinions, but how many here have complete knowledge of the laws? I personally have a 40 cal handgun and shotgun with a minimal amount of ammo and 3 Rotties. Use common sense and be responsible with those weapons. Good luck dude.

WeedChuck

This question is very simple. Instead of asking a bunch of people here who have very different opinions, save some cash up and consult with an experienced attorney. No offense to everyone offering up their opinions, but how many here have complete knowledge of the laws? I personally have a 40 cal handgun and shotgun with a minimal amount of ammo and 3 Rotties. Use common sense and be responsible with those weapons. Good luck dude.

when it comes to the law inovlving weapons during the comission of a felony(growing weed) I know lots..............he doesnt need a lawyer to tell him that this is a BAD combination. THIS IS NOT AN OPINION

K

KermitTheHermit

Pistol in the nightstand next to the bed. Revolver in a dresser by the basement door. Revolver in my car. Wifey has her own little revolver. Scoped .22 Marlin rifle for the varmints. All legal, no permits required.

I had a shot at a skunk with a snub nosed revolver today, and missed the little bastard. So much for being prepared!

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Break one law at a time people.

I was in the military. If this was legal I wouldn't have a problem putting a bullet through a someone's head that was trying to rob me. I would be eat my Lucky Charms and read the paper after. Call it "big man" or "macho" or whatever. If you break into my home and threaten my life, you or I is going to die. You are a predator at that point. Nothing more than a rabbit trying to eat my carrots to me. It's called the animal kingdom.

NOW...given all that and the current legal circumstances. I would never house a gun at my op. That's guarantee fucked in the ass where I'm at. Run your op where you don't need guns. If you think you need a gun to do a deal or run your op, then you've fucked up somewhere and need to reboot.

Dr.lecter

first off i wanna say how lucky you americans are to have your 2nd ammendment! but with great freedeoms comes greater punishment for abusing that freedom. i wouldnt have any ILLEGAL guns in the home, but hunting rifles i would. i wouldn't have a concealed carry permit iether. here in the Republic of canuckistan you pop a burglar in your house with your hunting shotgun your lookin at best case loss of firearm ownership for life, worse and most likely scenario is 20 for murder. we have whats called 'use of force' meaning use only the amount of force necessary to subdue your attacker eg hes got a knife you stab him youd be ok, hes got a knife you got a gun and shoot him 20 ft away your fucked! too much force.

B

bordercollie

i am a medical cannabis guy and i have a concealed weapons permit (washington state)
I hunt as well. do i have a legal issue is johnny laws comes snooping?

B

bordercollie

either way Im staying strapped... but just curious. legally speaking...?/

bucshott

Fuck just get a steel Door and a Buzzer with a Video Camera intercom, Nobody will be getting into yer place (Cops included) Without sometype of Mini Tank haha. Thats what the Bikers Do on their Clubhouses. That and some Big mean Dogs would work just as well at keeping people out as having a Pistol or Shotty.

But i also live in Canada and Wouldnt know Where to Get a HandGun even if i wanted one :(

Status
Not open for further replies.