What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

firearms in the house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
.......On a side note, theres alot of places to hide a gun that the cops won't find, wink wink.

Exactly, a ´Colombian Safe´ as it is known.....

Someone I know who used to do naughty things in the States told me the best thing for protecting a valuable/vulnerable place is a good old fashioned Sword, no extra jail time, does not jam or run out of ammo, yet utterly lethal, at times a match for a gun.

ItsAllOver

Devil's Advocate
I don't know if this has been said, but to me:

The extra penalty if caught is worth the peace of mind that if someone enters my house with the intention of harming me or mine, I can fucking kill them. Which is worse, a bigger problem in the even of being caught, or possible death in the event of home invasion? Easy answer. Easy choice. It sucks but it's the only way to go.

No reason to have 1000s of rds at home, though. Just a shotty loaded to the brim and one in the chamber with 00 buckshot and/or a Glock (or your choice, I say there's about no other) .40 or .45 loaded back and forth HPs and FMJs (if they are standing in front of you, the HPs will work, if a door/wall is between you and the assailant, the FMJs will hit him). Extended clip gets you to 17. That should be enough.

Be safe. Just because you are a nice, well tempered hippie doesn't mean the meth head down the street is. It's reality. If we let the killers kill all of us good people, we just fucked up big time. That's why I own.

etinarcadiaego

Even in Arcadia I exist
Veteran
I love debates like this.

All things in life, ALL THINGS, are a trade. To gain something, you must first give something up.

If you want to add a gun to the scenario, you may have to give up "peace of mind" in terms of risk. Depending on the state it's a big risk. Is it worth it to you? Would you kill a man in your home? Have you ever had a human target in your sights with the intent to fire? Would you shoot to kill?

Male bravado and maintaining a "bad ass" image is great in the forums for some, but in real life what does it get you? What comes after this life, and are our sins held against us? There is a bigger question here that should be answered first, and from it all other answers will become clear.

There is no right or wrong there. For some people, a gun is worth the risk, and it doesn't matter at all what anyone else thinks. For others it's foolish and will only lead to more trouble should any trouble ever arise.

Gun or no gun, keep your head down and your mouth shut and it shouldn't ever matter . . ..

ItsAllOver

Devil's Advocate
That's absolutely right etinarcadiaego (wtf how do you say your name lol)
This one is not cut/dry at all. It's all about what amount/type of risk a person is willing to put up with. I still say my way is right. haha

G

good drown

thats a joke right?
tasers?
tasers are proving inefective with people on certain drugs, and being large also helps.
if 5 huge people kick in your door with guns, whats tasers going to do??

M

mexilandrace

If some dude is in my house with a gun intending to do me harm, I am pretty fucked with a gun or without, fire fight in my living room with a burglar all under the guise of "protecting" my family with a hail of bullets?

less guns means less bullet holes in people

How common are home invasions really? Don't let the media make you their bitch and put needless fear in your mind.

Stop buying guns, they end up in the wrong peoples' hands eventually, just how I feel about it.

G

good drown

Don't even have an electronic scale, let alone firearms...
yea i know that one.

but i've said this a few times. i have dogs, but i dont want them shot attacking the people, but its gonna happen, they shoot my dogs, and all hell breaks loose as they ARE my kids.

i am ONLY wooried about home invasion. nobody but this place knows what im doing, and I keep it that way.

a house alarm is stupid, if you leave and it gets set off, you want the cops "locking up" for you???????

im not sure about non lethal shotgun rounds

where can i hide a gun and have fast access? maybe one in a holster behind the headboard?

basically its have a gun or 2 and hope i never get raided, as it adds a few years, or not have a gun and if i get invaded face possible death. also, if you house gets robbed and they dont even find you grow and they dont harm you, are you gonna call the cops???

invasions are huge down here, i personally know 3 people within like 20 miles. the news its usually at least 1 a day in my county, more like 2-3

kigy

...and/or a Glock (or your choice, I say there's about no other) .40 or .45 loaded back and forth HPs and FMJs (if they are standing in front of you, the HPs will work, if a door/wall is between you and the assailant, the FMJs will hit him).

Do not mix different types of rounds in the same magazine, different magazines of the same type (FMJ, JHP, etc.) are more desirable. Do know what is behind the attacker especially if using FMJ rounds inside your home, larger calibers tend to go through more than 1 wall especially if it is just drywall.

M

mrdizzle

you didnt watch that 20/20 haha j/k but kinda not, it showed how even well trained people dont react fast enough when a threat comes their way. basically they were saying you having a gun doesnt really protect you it may actually get you killed.

now if you sit with a gun looking out your window 24/7 you could probably get the drop on some rippers, but if your eatting dinner and someone kicks in your door with a gun in your face your not going to have time to do much of anything but just giving them the stash. making a dash for your gun could cause you more problems than not having one

round here window and door are covered with steel bars, a swat team would have to knock on the door to see if they can come in and wreck my house

plus I would say 99.99% of rippers are there to rob you, not commit mass murder. murder happens when you shoot that them and they shoot back.

ill prolly catch some flack for this post, but its a different perspective on how not to end up in a shoot out, and just end up getting robbed ( but still alive).

all in all Im sorry you even have to worry about that type of shit bro

chiefofnotribes

Where im from the media actually has reported atleast 4 times in the last 2 months of people defending themselfs or others successfully with a fire arm. If somone is going to invade your home while you are there they are more than likely in the mind state to hurt you and your family or worse. Before i go on i will put my favorite outhere " CRIMINALS PREFER UN-ARMED VICTIMS "
1) If you can put a fence up around your house as much as possible with locks and no trespassing signs! ( it uses alot of laws in your favor )
2) sounds silly but put some stickers on your doors letting people know your residense is armed and GOING to defend its perimeter. ( more than likely it would be an inside job..... face it!! :wallbash: those stickers will get comments that means its noticed )
3) DOGS DOGS DOGS mans best friend I have 2 very loving german dogs. I dare you to even look like you are going to hurt my family or house , my lap dog/hunting partners wont stand for it. along with that a couple motion detecters outside to chime a doorbell inside when people get close the dogs go crazy. it is a nice easy cheap set-up at ant home improvement store.
4) Guns yes. one at the entry point , and one in the sleeping area, if you are that concerned find a nice comfy holster and wear it around the house. ( i do ) your firearm is a huge responsibility respect it. if you are not fimilar with firearms get educated first and get to know them . i do competive high power match shooting and only keep 2 handguns in my house. If you do not have the gun holstered do not have the clip in it, if you do have it holstered do not have a round in the chamber. ( in my area that is where you get into the armed drug house charges) .

Excessive amounts of ammo or " Scary" looking guns will get the DA excited. It really comes down to if anything like that happens how do you want to deal with it? life is precious i dont want somone else ending mine or changing it drastickly and not being able to do anything about it. My main concern is staying safe, the more people defend themselfs against criminals the more it will make people think about being a criminal. i hope i didnt offend any one. sorry if i did!

G

good drown

well i am only worried about a home invasion just for my electronics or whatever they get out of them. nobody would even know to look for my grow.
the only time i think they have a good chance is if they kick in the door as i am walking past it. my front door is the farthest spot from both guns. also where the 2 guns are are where i am at 95% of the time.
the dogs will at least draw their focus for a couple seconds, enough time to react.
awesome post chief. also, "beware of dogs" signs do wonders
ill store my access ammo.
i dont want to walk around the house with it, but having it without the clip in it seems scary, and could cost me those ever so precious few seconds to shoot. the scary gun may have to go though :(

Megas

buy a couple Katanas lol. You chop someone in half I'm pretty sure everyone else would start screaming and run away.

I

icmag.is.#1

If some dude is in my house with a gun intending to do me harm, I am pretty fucked with a gun or without, fire fight in my living room with a burglar all under the guise of "protecting" my family with a hail of bullets?

How common are home invasions really? Don't let the media make you their bitch and put needless fear in your mind.

Stop buying guns, they end up in the wrong peoples' hands eventually, just how I feel about it.

Let's say that tomorrow all firearms are to be banned and we must turn the guns in at the sheriffs office... Guess who is still going to be armed and ready to rob knowing that most people don't have any sort of defense.

Every home should have a gun or two. You want to allow the government to take all our weapons which will take away what little bit of protection we DO have against(in case) a tyrannical government attempts to fully control the people

not just my 2 cents but its the god damned truth

G

good drown

you better have something in baltimore!!! HIYA!!!!!
its crazy how a gun can add 5 years, but a sword or 2 attack pitbulls wont?

Hash Man

lol... home invasions are not reported most of the time... amd they happen a lot... and are not carried out with respect towards the victem..

until i got smart, years ago, i was invaded 3 times...i had no gun and the worst that happened was humiliation, but thats not the case for others... lots of the time they are severly beaten, pistol whipped, etc.

this is not a case of media manipulation. this is a debate about safety. In the end, if you are happy with hoping for the best and having faith that your would be attacker has class and will only STEAL all your hard earned work at best... then good luck. I personally am not going to put my life and limb at risk unless I have at least SOME type of a plan for what to do to would be theives/murderers... whether it be a gun that i know how to use, or various martial wepaon that i know how to use... point is... you have to know how to use em... and if your planning on killing a group of people who sport guns, with a sword, your going to need some ninjitsu training... not your run of the mill karate crap. im talking real ninjitsu... otherswise you risk cutting yourself in the battle.... which is another reasonn i will choose a gun. Last I checked,we do have the right to bear arms... Dont let the media manipulate your mind into thinking otherwise.HM

Status
Not open for further replies.