What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

firearms in the house?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mexilandrace

lol... home invasions are not reported most of the time... amd they happen a lot... and are not carried out with respect towards the victem..

until i got smart, years ago, i was invaded 3 times...i had no gun and the worst that happened was humiliation, but thats not the case for others... lots of the time they are severly beaten, pistol whipped, etc.

this is not a case of media manipulation. this is a debate about safety. In the end, if you are happy with hoping for the best and having faith that your would be attacker has class and will only STEAL all your hard earned work at best... then good luck. I personally am not going to put my life and limb at risk unless I have at least SOME type of a plan for what to do to would be theives/murderers... whether it be a gun that i know how to use, or various martial wepaon that i know how to use... point is... you have to know how to use em... and if your planning on killing a group of people who sport guns, with a sword, your going to need some ninjitsu training... not your run of the mill karate crap. im talking real ninjitsu... otherswise you risk cutting yourself in the battle.... which is another reasonn i will choose a gun. Last I checked,we do have the right to bear arms... Dont let the media manipulate your mind into thinking otherwise.HM

I have a baseball bat in every room of my house, 7 total bats.

Like I said, if he has a gun I am fucked regardless. I am not risking a fire fight with my children in the house.

I don't believe in people owning guns, just how I am.

M

mexilandrace

Let's say that tomorrow all firearms are to be banned and we must turn the guns in at the sheriffs office... Guess who is still going to be armed and ready to rob knowing that most people don't have any sort of defense.

Every home should have a gun or two. You want to allow the government to take all our weapons which will take away what little bit of protection we DO have against(in case) a tyrannical government attempts to fully control the people

not just my 2 cents but its the god damned truth

Most of the guns on the street started out as legal guns, sorry man, more guns isn't the answer.

JohnnyATL

Veteran
so did anyone answer the question. If i had a lb and a handgun and got popped how much worse would it be?

etinarcadiaego

Even in Arcadia I exist
Veteran
That depends on the DA, judge, etc. But here's something relevant that answers your ?

Taken from here

Associated Press - August 19, 2009 4:25 PM ET

MEDFORD, Ore. (AP) - A federal appeals court has ruled that simply carrying a weapon while growing marijuana is a crime in itself.

The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals affirmed the conviction of a Medford-area man who argued that keeping a .45 caliber semiautomatic pistol within reach while sleeping in a tent at a marijuana operation was not a separate crime.

Somkhit Thongsy was charged with possession of a firearm in furtherance of a felony after U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration agents raided a large marijuana farm in the remote Wolf Creek area of Southern Oregon in the spring of 2007.

The appeals court ruled Monday the evidence the pistol was part of the drug operation was overwhelming, and it was not used for hunting or kept in the tent by accident.

JohnnyATL

Veteran
i guess i could see how that could apply to some crack dealer with some hot gun thats not registered, but if you live in the city and need protection from robbers and stuff i dont see how they can try to tie it to drugs.

especially if its registered and clean

etinarcadiaego

Even in Arcadia I exist
Veteran
Handguns have short barrels, often too short to abide state hunting regulations, so if you have a handgun and a pound of weed I'd say it'd be "A LOT" worse.

You probably wouldn't get out on PR or sig bond . . . lol

etinarcadiaego

Even in Arcadia I exist
Veteran
i guess i could see how that could apply to some crack dealer with some hot gun thats not registered, but if you live in the city and need protection from robbers and stuff i dont see how they can try to tie it to drugs.

especially if its registered and clean

Man, if you own a handgun AND you grow pot, it doesn't matter AT ALL why you have the gun. If a correlation CAN be made, it WILL be made. In other words, you'd be effed

JohnnyATL

Veteran
i just dont understand the difference. so if you have pump and say its for hunting its cool unless its loaded?

etinarcadiaego

Even in Arcadia I exist
Veteran
It would depend on what you could prove, where the gun was found in your home in relationship to the op, and what the arresting officers suspicions were and what went into the report.

You live in the US yah? Justice isn't always served. Sometimes people go down for more than they should, sometimes less . . .

All I'm saying is that it's a BIG risk, and a gray area.

No one can answer this question outright. It would depend on the circumstances of the bust/raid whatever, and the police involved. Case-by-case basis i'm saying.

Just to add, if you're talking about a semi-automatic handgun, I'd say you'll be charged. That's my guess.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
It would depend on what you could prove, where the gun was found in your home in relationship to the op, and what the arresting officers suspicions were and what went into the report.

Totally bum info. If you have a FIREARM of ANYKIND you are going down for that firearm at a grow. The pigs would rather catch you with 10 plants and a firearm than with 90 plants and no firearm.

etinarcadiaego

Even in Arcadia I exist
Veteran
It's not bum info man. Lol. I told him it depended on the circumstances, which it does and would. Some circumstances guarantee the added charge, others don't. Regardless it's also unprovable, from both sides.

There are always circumstances, and making a blanket statement like "If you have a FIREARM of ANYKIND you are going down for that firearm at a grow." will almost always prove to be untrue.

It would depend on the size of the grow, location and type of firearm. Further more it would depend on the arresting agency, the officers, and the conduct of the suspect at the time of arrest.

Im referring to hunting rifles, black powder weapons, target or match guns, etc. If you have a goose shotgun and decoys and a jon boat, and an attorney you'd be surprised.

Point being, in the end, there is no way to know without getting caught and finding out. and it will be a different result for different individuals . . .

G

good drown

i think a really bad thing, guaranteed to add time is this...
if you get ratted on, and they say "oh yea, and joe blow ALWAYS has a pistol on him and a shotgun on the table, whenever i go get shit from him"

Ajunta Pall

It's not bum info man. Lol. I told him it depended on the circumstances, which it does and would. Some circumstances guarantee the added charge, others don't. Regardless it's also unprovable, from both sides.

There are always circumstances, and making a blanket statement like "If you have a FIREARM of ANYKIND you are going down for that firearm at a grow." will almost always prove to be untrue.. . . .

You're out'cher mind man, because there are laws in effect that specify extra charges if caught w/firearms. For example, in my state, anytime you are caught commiting felony assault or whatever, with any kind of weapon, or non combat item being used as a weapon you will be charged with armed criminal action.

So depending on where you live if caught growing with a gun no matter how modern or antiquated you will recieve an additional charge. Besides the pigs love racking charges on a motherfucker any way. They don't give a shit if 90% of them don't stick. Just another day at the office for the fucking wankers.

etinarcadiaego

Even in Arcadia I exist
Veteran
You're out'cher mind man, because there are laws in effect that specify extra charges if caught w/firearms.
Again, here we go. You call them pigs, you refer to laws but don't cite the statutes . . . . you speak of what you do not know.

Circumstances will always play a role, and my answer cannot possible be wrong, because my answer was that it will be different for different people in different situations.

It's sad to me that you even felt it was necessary to quote what I wrote, which is that there is no way of knowing what would happen if a specific situation to specific person without being in that situation. And of course an assault has a "charge modifier" for people who use deadly weapons, but that's not even relevant here.

Read then post

Ajunta Pall

Again, here we go. You call them pigs, you refer to laws but don't cite the statutes . . . . you speak of what you do not know.

Circumstances will always play a role, and my answer cannot possible be wrong, because my answer was that it will be different for different people in different situations.

It's sad to me that you even felt it was necessary to quote what I wrote, which is that there is no way of knowing what would happen if a specific situation to specific person without being in that situation. And of course an assault has a "charge modifier" for people who use deadly weapons, but that's not even relevant here.

Read then post

I know I'm sad but what are you? You tell me to read but apparently even with huge giant brain and awesome super intelligence, you can't comprehend. What I used was an example. Not anything that had any relevance. All I was saying was if you commit a crime at a certain level, a felony of course, a secondary charge can and usually will be filed if allowed.

You want me to site specifics. Well I'm not. Because the state where I know this to be true at is the one I live in. And I'm not gonna say which of the 50 I live in. I'll give as much info as possible though.

First in order for a mj plant to be a felony it has to be over 5 grams. Second, when there are over 3-5 (not sure which) it is considered a manufacturing operation. Third the pigs will charge you with armed criminal action (or whatever) if guns are found in conjunction with a manufacturing operation, or large quantities of drugs.

The circumstances and other bullshit you yammer on about maybe of some interest to the prosecutor, who will take that in light of the charge and feel that it maybe not worth pursuing. But the pigs, yes the pigs, don't care. Not their job to.

To sum up, your wrong where I live. What goes on where you live is not my concern. You maybe right where you live, but anyone in my state hearing your words will get a another charge, because you know not of what you speak. How do i know? I know a couple people who were charged like this. Sure the charges were dropped when they pled out, but so what? They still were charged anyway.

Fuck yeah I call the police pigs cause thats what the fuck they are. I know some of them too. A lot are fucking pshycos with badges, wife beating, steroid/perscription drug popping, assholes that abuse their power with impunity. Pigs.

etinarcadiaego

Even in Arcadia I exist
Veteran
Wow. That wasn't even coherent.

You don't know if i'm wrong where you live cause it hasn't happened to you. Maybe we live in the same place. There is no way to know how it'd work out without having it happen. But believe me, circumstances do matter. I SPEAK FROM FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE!!

Whatever. responding to your post is a waste of my time. Either way, call the cops on your own grow, have a gun IN THE HOUSE, and be sure to report back and let me know how it worked out.

I thought I'd add, where in my post did I say I was super smart? Did you come up with that on your own? Why are you attacking me? Lol. You're clearly upset here, and you think you have some point to prove perhaps, but my point what that there is no way to know without doing. Your opinion on the subject may be of great value to others here, but it's not knowing. Remember that.

Ajunta Pall

Wow. That wasn't even coherent.

How did I attack you? I'm sad and incoherent, remeber, silly? Any put downs were done by you. I did nothing but shower you with compliments. All I said where I live they have zero tolerance for drugs+guns. Any guns at what they consider a manufacturing operation gets a suspect an additional weapons charge. Its a lesser charge w/a max under ten years I do believe. That's how the pigs roll here. Your advice that it "depends on circumstances" where I am is not good. The best thing to do here is get rid of your guns before you grow. Or grow at another location that is gun free.

etinarcadiaego

Even in Arcadia I exist
Veteran
Dude. I never called YOU sad. I said "It's sad" meaning it was saddening (to me) that you felt it necessary to quote me.

I also didn't call YOU incoherent, I called your post incoherent.

And this crap:

I know I'm sad but what are you? You tell me to read but apparently even with huge giant brain and awesome super intelligence, you can't comprehend.
Is a sarcastic attempt to discredit my post. Did you even read this thread? Clearly you just "jumped in" cause you took exception to something I posted. Well here is my original post, enjoy:

I love debates like this.

All things in life, ALL THINGS, are a trade. To gain something, you must first give something up.

If you want to add a gun to the scenario, you may have to give up "peace of mind" in terms of risk. Depending on the state it's a big risk. Is it worth it to you? Would you kill a man in your home? Have you ever had a human target in your sights with the intent to fire? Would you shoot to kill?

Male bravado and maintaining a "bad ass" image is great in the forums for some, but in real life what does it get you? What comes after this life, and are our sins held against us? There is a bigger question here that should be answered first, and from it all other answers will become clear.

There is no right or wrong there. For some people, a gun is worth the risk, and it doesn't matter at all what anyone else thinks. For others it's foolish and will only lead to more trouble should any trouble ever arise.

Gun or no gun, keep your head down and your mouth shut and it shouldn't ever matter . . ..

hence the "read then post" comment.

I think we're done here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts