What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

firearms in the house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMAJAY

If your growing in a non med state its called felony cultivation. If you have any gun period its concidered possesion of a firearm while commiting a felony. Its up to you what your willing to risk. No gun be it long gun hand gun is acceptable while growing. Its your freedom and anyone who don't take the laws of guns seriously. Your right to have arms period will be stripped forever if caught so i guess your willing to chance that? I won't continue to elaborate again on this subject and i know the whole senario sux but its the law.

poina

Good home defense are strong doors and windows. Better defense, doors, windows, and dog. Best defense, doors, windows, dog, 12 gauge.

Hand guns are just too attractive to the young. I own one and keep it locked up and trigger guarded, and I still worry about my kids around the damned thing.

G

good drown

If your growing in a non med state its called felony cultivation. If you have any gun period its concidered possesion of a firearm while commiting a felony. Its up to you what your willing to risk. No gun be it long gun hand gun is acceptable while growing. Its your freedom and anyone who don't take the laws of guns seriously. Your right to have arms period will be stripped forever if caught so i guess your willing to chance that? I won't continue to elaborate again on this subject and i know the whole senario sux but its the law.
thanks man, you make such a good point.
im already doing one thing bad, and i cant not have the other, at least one of them. so both stay, ill move the access ammo

dexter840

i live in a state with some of the worst grow laws and having the gun didn't make the grow charge a lot worse... and in fact it wasn't even a gun it was a bare frame for my glock that was stripped clean no parts whatever, turns out dumb ass cop called it a "gun missing a barrel" long story short i now everyone in robbery homicide. it did not affect my state charges a bit and in fact and all my gun stuff was released to me while still on probation

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Damn PK, even tho you're medical? Someone told me I could have guns at my place in California if I had a legal grow, but I'm still not convinced.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
Carry guns on you at all times, peek out of the blinds and pace ALOT.

Neighbors will think it is NORML for sure

medmaker420

Veteran
Under federal conviction it will BOOST you up felony wise. State law, sure you are protected BUT it isn't the city/state to worry about.

When you get busted it will be from fed bullshit and they WILL add as many additions that they can find.

Live within 1k of a school - fed don't care about 420 or 215
Have a gun with "drugs" - don't care
Have kids, drugs, within a school zone AND guns - good luck fed wise.

get the picture.

When it comes down to it, the state/local laws to protect us doesn't protect us when the federal hammer falls.

Damn PK, even tho you're medical? Someone told me I could have guns at my place in California if I had a legal grow, but I'm still not convinced.

ddrew

Veteran
I'm not getting shot to death in my own house by some thieving f**K because I was unarmed.
My family would want me to do everything possible to make it out alive, they would rather visit me in jail then leave flowers on my grave.
What's a matter with you people?
Never had a break in while your home?
All that no guns and green shit will go right out the window when someones in your house and your life is on the line. U go after them with the rolling pin, lol, I'll keep my gun.

G

good drown

yea i figured as much. luckily no schools or kids
hows the super lemon haze going?

medmaker420

Veteran
Love the super lemon haze my man, almost done.

also to "ddrew"

just because it is against federal doesn't mean we don't have arms in the house. We would get busted just the same with the plants so whats an additional charge or two WITH the ability to protect yourself and family.

All I can say is "911" isn't in my vocabulary and if you can't protect your home and need someone else to do it then you really need to man up. Take care of your own because the cops take too damn long to do any real good in the time that they would actually be helpful.

ddrew

Veteran
Love the super lemon haze my man, almost done.

also to "ddrew"

just because it is against federal doesn't mean we don't have arms in the house. We would get busted just the same with the plants so whats an additional charge or two WITH the ability to protect yourself and family.

All I can say is "911" isn't in my vocabulary and if you can't protect your home and need someone else to do it then you really need to man up. Take care of your own because the cops take too damn long to do any real good in the time that they would actually be helpful.
I'm with that

dude just stash a few tasers around your house or better yet keep one on u. make sure you have plenty of long ass zip ties and duct tape so you can tie the fucker up and drown him your bath tub. No fire arm to jack up your charges, no worries about ur kid shooting his foot off, no blood to clean up after dealing with the fucker. There problem solved!

Is there any wiggle room for shotgun's with non lethal rounds-if they even sell those to the public.? I doubt there is but there should be.

Hash Man

of course the answer to this debate lies in how far you are willing to go to protect your crop... and if needed your own health and life. I dont know about most of you, but having lived through home invasions and robberies...when I had no gun... is a huge incentive to own one... or more. I would much rather deal with the gun charge than face down 4 thugs with baseball bats and gold clubs... or worse with guns themselves... How are you going to tie up guys with weapons? You will be lucky if they tie you up and not shoot you in some cases. If you are medical or not, you need to seriously consider your right to own a firearm and know how to use it... no point in owning a gun if your scared of it... If you seriously think you will be able to handle an group of strong armed men with the intent on stealing your assets at the cost of your wellbeing, without training or planning, or with toys like stunguns, you most likely have another thing coming if your privacy is ever invaded. just my thoughts on the subject...

A

Aerokush101

Touchy Touchy Subject.... First, you should consider what kind of industry you are in. You grow marijuna. So it would be perfectly understandable for you to protect yourself. A handgun in the home would be great, alarm system, and a dog would also help. But, further than that, consider who you keep in your home. If you grow at home, the only people who should see your closet, room or complete house full of plants should only be the people who go down for the crime you maybe committing. So, if your buddies down the street aren't going to jail for your grow operation then, they shouldn't see it. PERIOD!

Not only the friends you have, but family too. You wouldn't believe hw much of a snitch your cousin is until you get busted and the warrant has her listed as the informant.

So rule of thumb for growers, if your buddies ain't going down with you then they shouldn't see your operation.

johnnyla

Veteran
what if you have a gun in your home in california, medical patient, and garden at different location?

don't you actually have to be using the gun during a commission of a crime to get charged?

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
make sure you have plenty of long ass zip ties and duct tape so you can tie the fucker up and drown him your bath tub.

Man, that's a lot of extra work, if you even have a bathtub. All you need is to keep a few of the plastic shopping bags you get when you buy groceries, at least if you've correctly employed the zip ties and duct tape. One or two of those over the antagonist's head and problem solved. Another thing to consider is these handy things that are like great huge bread bag twist ties, basically rubber coated flexible wires. Much better for tying people up than zip ties since you don't have to guide thru the little hole, and can't get it backwards. Lowe's sells them in the same display as the tie downs and bungee cords.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am very pro gun, but here is my logic. If you shoot some one in your house the cops are gonna come, and you are going to jail for the plants and probably man slaugher. you will get at least 20 years. REALLY! You could just tazer them and beat them with a bat then drag them out to your car and drop them off in the middle of the county, or on the other side ofg the city.

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
To really answer the original posters question. A firearm in the vacinity of a grow is a min mandatory extra 5 years in most states.....that's the min. Now is it a good idea to take the risk? Let me put it this way, If you are merely protecting your house and you don't have a card to grow, the minute you shoot a burgler you know damn well the cops are gonna show up and to them the grow is a bonus. Personally I've owned guns since I was 10 and I'm not about to give them up. Pot should be legal anyway.

On a side note, theres alot of places to hide a gun that the cops won't find, wink wink.

Status
Not open for further replies.