What's new

Finally i got a puppy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROJO145

Veteran
Pig ears and a spray bottle,lotta dogs do better with praise training than strong arm style.Not alotta critters wanna get yelled at and smacked,specially with about a 30 second attention span.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
. And I was suprosed to see VG suggest a cage...

hi GMT - i have found a cage a very useful thing with puppies and it keeps them safe - they cant be allowed free run of a house when they are that young as theyt can chew electric cables, or eat something that gets stuck inside them or whatever. the cage is home to the dog, they feel secure iin there and will quite happily go in sleep in there of their own accord. sometimes you cant be around to keep an eye on a puppy all the time so then you can shut them in the cage for a short while and know that the dog will be safe. also sometimes they get tired of being poked around by kids etc and you can tell the kids that if the dog goes into it's cage it must be left in peace.

trust me, it's not cruel -i have an english bull terrier that i love dearly. cages are also useful and safe if you need to take the dog in the car.

V.

C

Cookie monster

Well the law needs to be changed me thinks, animals are not property any more than kids are property.

I have to question what sort of "breeder" places a pup into the hands of this guy, he obviously hasn't got a clue what he's let himself in for or the space needed for that breed and the training needed.
I'm guessing he has no idea how much it costs or can cost to care for a dog.

The 2 breeders that my pups came from insisted on a home inspection, it's a great idea it stops the wrong people getting the wrong dog.

Styles P

Well the law needs to be changed me thinks, animals are not property any more than kids are property.

I have to question what sort of "breeder" places a pup into the hands of this guy, he obviously hasn't got a clue what he's let himself in for or the space needed for that breed and the training needed.
I'm guessing he has no idea how much it costs or can cost to care for a dog.

The 2 breeders that my pups came from insisted on a home inspection, it's a great idea it stops the wrong people getting the wrong dog.

kids are human beings dogs are not. so if someones dog bites you they should not be held responsible? they should just arrest the dog? hahaha.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
kids are human beings dogs are not. so if someones dog bites you they should not be held responsible? they should just arrest the dog? hahaha.

actually the person gets arrested, the dog gets the death sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.