What's new

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Rodehazrd

Good afternoon Rodehazrd.

Glad to hear the widows are doing better. Be carful about using the cal/mag. I found out the hard way that too much of that is bad. Your soil allredy has the rock powders you amend with and might have enough cal in it. Once I had too much ca in my pots my plants fried quickly. If it's just the mag you need it might be best to get a mag only supplement. They use less the later they get into flower as well.

Thanks brother. This grow had issues but in the end I'm really happy with it. The yeild was more than expected. Even better than the yeild is the quality. This stuff is killer. Good thing I have another half pack of these seeds.
Your Larrys are looking great. Glad the are doing well for you. I have a little Larry left and I'm going to bust some out for smoking during a game of disc golf after work today.

Sounds like the cold front that went through here two nights ago made it all the way south to you. We had a cold night and it was cool yesterday but started warming back up in the late afternoon yesterday. Back to 80 today so it was short lived.

Sounds like a great camping trip you have planned. The more the merrier they say. That's cool that you have a good "extended" family. Sometime family has nothing to do with genetics, like you said "logical" family. We are all brothers and sisters in many ways. That's too bad you have a lot of bible bangers in your biological family. Religion can be a great thing for people but like anything, if you take it too seriously or literally it can be a bad thing. I wish everyone got along better and minded our own busness a bit more. It's ok to have opinions and values but to push them on others isn't good for anyone. That's great that you are involved in keeping the peace, the world need people like you to keep the extremists from killing each other.

I hope you have a great weekend brother...Fiddy.

Yeah Fiddy I will be careful on the calmag I had a burn with it before and blamed it on the 1-0-0 pushing my N up. I guess I was mistaken. I have seen some posts on slonickel about how gypsum affects mg but didn't really comprehend exactly how. I hesitate to ask those guys something i can research myself. One recent gift i received was George VanPattons cannabis enclclopedia. Im constantly searching for good gypsum flour all the gro shops have little jars of pellets. One of the kids is hooking up with a nursery and may find it this week. The larry never had an issue in this mix neither did headband and Im not rootbound so WW must like a lot of mg. Bangi Haze did to some extent. I may have been potting up just before this issue happened before.

packerfan79

Veteran
Hey guys, here's a few pics
picture.php
my stash,
Hehe.
picture.php
the babies and a couple clones I cut for a guy, my dad works with. Nothing exciting like monster flowering plants. Not yet at least.

Fiddynut

happening guys?

that looks like a great haul,fiddy
veg time/yield is something to think about when you grow
a lot of variables are working together and i think everyone has a certain grow style they prefer
i tend to let my plants veg a while
i personally prefer bigger buds and im also not worried about any time frames, so the extra wait isnt a problem
so this morning i find out i have spider mites in the veg tent
its kind of my own fault
ive been busy with summer stuff and work, plus ive been letting the dog hang out in the room
its been super hot lately and my dog is getting pretty old
cold dosent bother her, but some days you can see the heat is really taking it out of her
so i have been letting her sleep outside when she wants and when she comes inside, i will let her hang out in the grow room (the coolest room in the house)
im mixing up a citrus/neem spray but would be totally open to any other ideas
a friend said he would sit in his grow with a swab and paper towels and manually wipe the buggers from his plant
/aint nobody got time for that
im hopeing to get in on the 16oz cup challenge but i dont want to use mite ridden clones
so whats your loose timetable on this,f'nut
you say you are going wait till after labor day to crack fresh auto seed ?
Good morning pop_rocks.

Yep I'm stoked that this grow ended up getting me enough to keep me in buds for a while. It is great to see that less can be more with plant numbers as well. My goal for the next run is 2 plants in flower, each producing like that one. I'd have vegged her longer but the plan was to pack 3-4 plants into that run. Defenatly learned some things on the last grow that will help in the future.

I'm sorry to hear about the mites. Getting pests is my worst fear with growing. I've read so many stories here in the forums of how difficult it can be to get rid of them. It looks like there are many ways to deal with mites. Some seem to work better for some people and some environments and some it seems that nothing works.

I just skimmed through the spider mite sticky in the infirmary here is the link:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=171657

It looks like there are a couple ways to approach this. Azamax, spinosad, safers soap, neem, and Pyrethrin based products can all be effective. The other route seems to be using predator mites and or ladybugs. Keeping the environment cool and dry can slow down their ability to breed.

You are somewhat lucky that it's the veg tent because you can spray the product(s) on without having to worry about spraying on flowers. I'm not sure how effective spinosad is but it's probably the least harmful to plants and people. Neem is also pretty safe and azamax too I think. I'd be tempted to try the predator mites too. Maybe hit them with the neem, then get some mites ordered and use them when they get there, then after the mites had a chance to do their thing hit them with a couple more treatments of neem or spinosad.

I hope you get those little buggers. If the Mrs has house plants you might want to treat them as well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and your plants.

I'm always afrade that Rufus will bring pests back from the disc golf course. He rarely goes downstairs where the tents are but I'd think that if he brought them in the house they could find their way down there. I'm not sure if there are as many mites and other pests in this part of the country. The long winters make it tough on bugs in general here. The ones that have adapted for it do well enough though. We are having a bumper crop of mosquitos here right now.

Yep I'm going to get my cups going right after Labor Day vacation. As far as timetable for the challenge the rule is as follows: Harvest must be no more than 16 weeks from today, that's November 28, 2017 . You can enter and finish ANY time between now and and 11/29/17 but MUST be harvested with finished product pictures and smoke report by 11/29/17. I have strains that finish in less than 60 days from sprout and will probably finish quicker in the cups. That should give me plenty of time.

I hope the mites arnt rocking your weekend and you are still able to enjoy it. I have 1/2 a pork butt on the smoker and a lot of little projects to get done around the house today. Got to get some rest in too. Played 2 rounds of disc golf yesterday and one this morning so I got my exercise in already.

Fiddynut

Hey guys, here's a few pics View Image my stash,
Hehe. View Imagethe babies and a couple clones I cut for a guy, my dad works with. Nothing exciting like monster flowering plants. Not yet at least.

View Image
A couple black triangle mom's, just got a hair cut 2 weeks ago, already ready for another.

Good afternoon Packerfan.

That is an impressive stash for sure. I love the cases of jars. Do you cure everything in jars? I have always wondered if people who grow on a larger scale use a ton of jars to cure. I can get a little bit more than an ounce in a quart jar so a few pounds would be like 100 jars.

Moms and baby's looking great. The seedlings have a bit of streach to them don't they? How close is the light to them? Are you under t5's? It must feel great to be starting another run.

The black triangle moms look really healthy. Is that the bodhi strain that everyone was having such a herd time getting a few months back? I think I remember a lot of discussion in the bodhi thread about that strain and how hard it was to find for a while. How does the black triangle smoke?

packerfan79

Veteran

That is an impressive stash for sure. I love the cases of jars. Do you cure everything in jars? I have always wondered if people who grow on a larger scale use a ton of jars to cure. I can get a little bit more than an ounce in a quart jar so a few pounds would be like 100 jars.

Moms and baby's looking great. The seedlings have a bit of streach to them don't they? How close is the light to them? Are you under t5's? It must feel great to be starting another run.

The black triangle moms look really healthy. Is that the bodhi strain that everyone was having such a herd time getting a few months back? I think I remember a lot of discussion in the bodhi thread about that strain and how hard it was to find for a while. How does the black triangle smoke?

I use the bigger 1/2 gallon jars, they hold4 oz. Each. I am pretty nose blind to most plants in veg. I need to trim down the mom's and put my 4 ft. T5 in. Seedlings will get closer light then. Black Triangle is got a sleepy high with a mild og flavor, kinda has a little bite to it, meaningit will make you cough if you over do it.

I am excited for this next run. I got almost everything for the drip system. That's going to get going next .

Picked up a 48 gram slab of shatter after church this morning. Wifey left to Laughlin, so I am flying solo for a couple days.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
thanks for the link
i appreciate the help,friend
i gave the dog a bath and the neem/citrus spray seems to be working so i will just do what i can
being in a veg tent does gives me more options, like you said
/i wish i could incorporate natural predators into the garden,man ,but thats just not an option for me indoors
/can you imagine me telling mrsChicky"... we have bugs in the grow room, but im going to fix it by bringing MORE BUG into the house"
that would not go over too well
ive had luck with sprays in the past
i wont know for sure until later this week/maybe early next week

ended up frying up a bunch of chicken this past weekend
i breaded some breast strips and we had chicken soft tacos
also slow grilled a pork loin that i marinated in some apple/vinegar stuff i made
we also got into this
our friend who made the infused tequila for us last year had a week off for summer,so i gave him around 50-60g of blueberry larf
/ i think i gave him about 15-20g the last time and i wanted this batch to be stronger
he really outdidi himself this time!
oh man is this stuff good!
it has this fruity, flowery taste to it and it is definitely way stonier than the last batch
then we went for a walk-about through our neighborhood
it was after 10.30p and the me and the mrs just went out for a late night stroll
waht a great weekend!

Fiddynut

I use the bigger 1/2 gallon jars, they hold4 oz. Each. I am pretty nose blind to most plants in veg. I need to trim down the mom's and put my 4 ft. T5 in. Seedlings will get closer light then. Black Triangle is got a sleepy high with a mild og flavor, kinda has a little bite to it, meaningit will make you cough if you over do it.

I am excited for this next run. I got almost everything for the drip system. That's going to get going next .

Picked up a 48 gram slab of shatter after church this morning. Wifey left to Laughlin, so I am flying solo for a couple days.

I didn't know they made 1/2 gallon jars. I'll have to check those out.

Drip system sounds like a really handy thing to have. I hope you get it dialed in and running well. Someday I'd like to get something like that going.

That sounds like a nice piece of shatter. Is that from the trim you sent out last week? Sounds like you have dabs for a long time to keep you lifted.

packerfan79

Veteran

I didn't know they made 1/2 gallon jars. I'll have to check those out.

Drip system sounds like a really handy thing to have. I hope you get it dialed in and running well. Someday I'd like to get something like that going.

That sounds like a nice piece of shatter. Is that from the trim you sent out last week? Sounds like you have dabs for a long time to keep you lifted.

Yeah I get the 1/2 gallon jars at Wal-Mart, or tractor supply. They are like 12 bucks a case.

Hoping I can get drip system dialed, h oping to get close to a gram per watt.

Yeah the shatter came from my trim I sent out. I don't dab much.a gram last a month or so. So I will have plenty to dab on.

So I was changing the light in the closet, and the damn cat jumped on the bed, and landed on my tray of seedlings, wtf damn cat grrr. Luckily it looks like they will be ok.

Fiddynut

thanks for the link
i appreciate the help,friend
i gave the dog a bath and the neem/citrus spray seems to be working so i will just do what i can
being in a veg tent does gives me more options, like you said
/i wish i could incorporate natural predators into the garden,man ,but thats just not an option for me indoors
/can you imagine me telling mrsChicky"... we have bugs in the grow room, but im going to fix it by bringing MORE BUG into the house"
that would not go over too well
ive had luck with sprays in the past
i wont know for sure until later this week/maybe early next week

ended up frying up a bunch of chicken this past weekend
i breaded some breast strips and we had chicken soft tacos
also slow grilled a pork loin that i marinated in some apple/vinegar stuff i made
we also got into this
our friend who made the infused tequila for us last year had a week off for summer,so i gave him around 50-60g of blueberry larf
/ i think i gave him about 15-20g the last time and i wanted this batch to be stronger
he really outdidi himself this time!
oh man is this stuff good!
it has this fruity, flowery taste to it and it is definitely way stonier than the last batch
then we went for a walk-about through our neighborhood
it was after 10.30p and the me and the mrs just went out for a late night stroll
waht a great weekend!
Good afternoon pop_rocks.

I think if you caught the outbreak early you have a good chance of beating them. Some seem more resistant than others from what I've read. If you keep treating them every few days for a wile you can get them. I don't think that neem kills the larva so you have to keep treating for a couple weeks to kill all of them.

I suppose that you are right it sounds crazy to bring more bugs into the house to kill the bugs you already have. I think the predators are too small to see and die quickly after doing their job. Probably wouldn't be the easiest thing to explain though.

Fried chicken sounds great. It's been a long time since I had any good fried chicken. Won't be long until I get the outdoor frying station going and make some. Im already looking forward to fall and the return of indoor cooking season, roasts, country fried chicken and steak, gravy and all the fixens.

Pork loin sounds great too. Acidic apple marinades are so good with pork. I'm a huge fan of loin, you just need to cook it right so it doesn't dry out. I like mine medium to medium well done, not really pink but close. One of my coworkers brought in some loin that he'd made and sliced it with ham cheese pickles and mustard and we had cubano sandwiches a couple weeks ago. Man were they good. Its great breaded and fried for Sandwiches as well.

That infused tequila looks great. You can tell it's got some kick by the color of it. That bottle looks like it could get me into trouble, one of those edible induced comas following me drinking too much of it. It must be good if it inspired a late night all buzzed up walk through the neighborhood. Good going on that. A couple ounces of larf it must pack a punch.

Glad you had a nice weekend. Time to bust ass all week and try it again next weekend.

Fiddynut

Yeah I get the 1/2 gallon jars at Wal-Mart, or tractor supply. They are like 12 bucks a case.

Hoping I can get drip system dialed, h oping to get close to a gram per watt.

Yeah the shatter came from my trim I sent out. I don't dab much.a gram last a month or so. So I will have plenty to dab on.

So I was changing the light in the closet, and the damn cat jumped on the bed, and landed on my tray of seedlings, wtf damn cat grrr. Luckily it looks like they will be ok.

I'm going to see if I can find the big jars. Even with my small harvests I'd like to use as few jars as possible.

I'm sure you'll get the drippers dialed in. I have read that it can take a few weeks to really get them right though. Well worth the time invested.

A gram per watt is a goal of mine too. I was close to 1/2 gram on my first grow but haven't been able to replicate that as of yet. I'm going to experiment with coco a little bit in the cup challenge and would like to try it with big plants soon. Maybe just one in coco and the other in soil at first. Once I start using it in the cup challenge and I'm more comfortable with it we will see if I make the jump or not.

Cats are great but they don't make good growers helpers usually. Luckily plants are tougher than they look hahaha. I hope they are fine.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
this one was made with vodka and i think i like it better than the one he made with tequila
you can really taste the weed in it and this one has a fruiter taste
i think next time im going to give him some other strain and see how that tastes
oh man, those sandwiches sound great!
i never thought about breading it and frying it up
i will have to try that one day
do you ahev one of those outdoor gas rings to fry on?
a good buddy has one and he deep fries a turkey for us every thanksgiving
its really tasty and moist and cooks kind of fast
he uses a ton of oil so he dosent mind doing up a few birds

i hope i caught it in time
the plants seem to be doing well and i am treating them every other day

keep grinding it out brother
im going to try and take a couple days off for labor day so i will prob just work straight through the rest of this month and not take any more time off
its tough when the water is in the 70's and you just feel like wearing shorts all day
hope you are having an ass kicking week
how is the painting going?

Fiddynut

this one was made with vodka and i think i like it better than the one he made with tequila
you can really taste the weed in it and this one has a fruiter taste
i think next time im going to give him some other strain and see how that tastes
oh man, those sandwiches sound great!
i never thought about breading it and frying it up
i will have to try that one day
do you ahev one of those outdoor gas rings to fry on?
a good buddy has one and he deep fries a turkey for us every thanksgiving
its really tasty and moist and cooks kind of fast
he uses a ton of oil so he dosent mind doing up a few birds

i hope i caught it in time
the plants seem to be doing well and i am treating them every other day

keep grinding it out brother
im going to try and take a couple days off for labor day so i will prob just work straight through the rest of this month and not take any more time off
its tough when the water is in the 70's and you just feel like wearing shorts all day
hope you are having an ass kicking week
how is the painting going?

Vodka is a great idea for making an infused liquor with. It really lets the flavors of the infusion come through. It's my favorite mixer because of that. Tequila has more flavor of its own and I could see how that would drowned out the herb flavor. Either way you can't go wrong with a double punch of liquor and bud.

Yep I love a fried pork loin sandwich. I cut the loin about twice the thickness I want then pound it with a meat tenderizer to make it bigger around and flatten it. After breading they fry up quickly and are really juicy.

I have a turkey fryer that I use sometimes but it's overkill for most things. I have a butane powered single burner that I use with an enameled cast iron Dutch oven for outdoor frying mostly. It's good until it gets cold and windy outside then it's hard to keep the oil hot enough.

That's cool your buddy does up turkey for you in his fryer. You are right they use a lot of oil and peanut oil isn't cheep these days.

Yep a couple more busy weeks to bring out for me. Already looking forward to Labor Day, even though that's about it for the summer around here. There will still be nice days but summer will be over. In fact fall is really nice here many days but it still means winter is coming.

Painting is going allong slowly but surley. We have done a lot of reorganization and it will be nice when it's complete. Then on to the next project. Got just about all growing stuff down and hidden in basement, it's kind of sad to see but it looks like there has never been anything growing down there now. Time to call the contractors and get the work done now.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i cant believe how fast this year is going
i am just getting used to this heat but fall is rightjust around the corner
luckily, we have a couple more months of nice weather left here in san diego
/hahah like its going to get crappy soon in san diego
september is often one of the warmest months of the year and octobers are nice too
thats when its still warm in the daytime but the nights drop down into cooler temps
i lvoe the warm days and cool nights the most
plus all the tourist have let town and the kids are back in school so the crowds thin out a lot
that pork sandwich sounds bomb! i prepare this katsu chicken/pork dish i make about the same way
/pound flat and even then bread it and fry that baby up
hope the home repairs go smoothly and wrap up in a timely manner,man
i can imagine how it feels to not have your set up running,(sometimes the time in the garden is the best time of the day)
have you got a contractor lined up yet?
sounds like you have a lot of irons in the fire there,brother

hope your week is going well, fiddy
lets enjoy the summer while we can!

Fiddynut

i cant believe how fast this year is going
i am just getting used to this heat but fall is rightjust around the corner
luckily, we have a couple more months of nice weather left here in san diego
/hahah like its going to get crappy soon in san diego
september is often one of the warmest months of the year and octobers are nice too
thats when its still warm in the daytime but the nights drop down into cooler temps
i lvoe the warm days and cool nights the most
plus all the tourist have let town and the kids are back in school so the crowds thin out a lot
that pork sandwich sounds bomb! i prepare this katsu chicken/pork dish i make about the same way
/pound flat and even then bread it and fry that baby up
hope the home repairs go smoothly and wrap up in a timely manner,man
i can imagine how it feels to not have your set up running,(sometimes the time in the garden is the best time of the day)
have you got a contractor lined up yet?
sounds like you have a lot of irons in the fire there,brother

hope your week is going well, fiddy
lets enjoy the summer while we can!
Good morning pop_rocks.

You are right the summer is flying by. I had planned on doing more this summer and, like it usually does, it flew by and has left me wondering if I made the most of it. I get a short reprieve this afternoon from work I'm going to the brewer game. It's grateful dead tribute night at Miller park and I just can't miss that. What a cool promo to do on the day that Jerry died, 22 years ago now. We are going to tailgate and hope the parking lot scene is slightly like at a dead show. I guess it depends on how many deadheads show up.

Hahaha bad weather in sanD, I doubt it. Up in Oakland I think that September and October were the hottest months of the year. I think it was the Santa Anna winds or something. I think that we have some of the nicest days in fall here. Once it cools down a little it's really nice. Lots of in season local veggies and apple season. I love apple picking. I want to make some hard apple cider this fall.

I too like the warm days and cool nights of fall. I sleep better when it's cool in the house. It's easer to keep the grow tents cool as well. The heat saps my energy.

I'm going to call a couple well company's in the next couple days and have them come out and give me some estimates. I hope they can get in and out in a reasonable time frame. The more I put this off the longer I'm going to have to wait to get back up and running.

At least I have the outdoor projects to give me a little something to do. The first one is just about done, and except for one plant that seems to be a diffrent strain that is getting much bigger and looks like it could go another month. My bros are doing well too. I'll throw up a couple pics of them when I get a chance.

I hope your week is going well too buddy, you are right make the most of each day...Fiddy.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i think we all have ideas in may and june about how we are going to spend our summers
this year i swore i was going to go to the beach more often
ive been twicethis year and one time was just sitting on the sand
i ahve been hiking up a storm tho, and i cant believe how competative we have all become wiht our fitbits
we just gotr back from a family walk in a canyon by the house, then me and the mrs went around the neighborhood, taking the long way home
im not doing much better in the garden
i have some plants in veg but never got those autos to my buddies house
what im tihnking is at this point im ogign to take cuts of what i have and then bring the teens over to my friends house and let them finish up there
we all know what becomes of the best laid plans of mice and men
that brewers game sounds awesome!
that is so cool they would celebrate with a dead day at the park
i hope there are other fans in tye die and you guys have a great afternoon at the park
i doubt they would ever do somehting so cool here in san diego
oh so i was talking burgers witha friend at work today and she mentioned a burger called a juicy lucy?
its two beef patties with cheese sandwiched between thema dn then cooked
ive never heard of such a thing!
half the people in the conversation thought it sounded like too much and the other half thought it was jsut right
you can imagine where i fall on that scale
i think i am goignto amke some juicy lucies this weeeknd!
hope your week is wrapping up and you have a great time at the ball park!

Fiddynut

i think we all have ideas in may and june about how we are going to spend our summers
this year i swore i was going to go to the beach more often
ive been twicethis year and one time was just sitting on the sand
i ahve been hiking up a storm tho, and i cant believe how competative we have all become wiht our fitbits
we just gotr back from a family walk in a canyon by the house, then me and the mrs went around the neighborhood, taking the long way home
im not doing much better in the garden
i have some plants in veg but never got those autos to my buddies house
what im tihnking is at this point im ogign to take cuts of what i have and then bring the teens over to my friends house and let them finish up there
we all know what becomes of the best laid plans of mice and men
that brewers game sounds awesome!
that is so cool they would celebrate with a dead day at the park
i hope there are other fans in tye die and you guys have a great afternoon at the park
i doubt they would ever do somehting so cool here in san diego
oh so i was talking burgers witha friend at work today and she mentioned a burger called a juicy lucy?
its two beef patties with cheese sandwiched between thema dn then cooked
ive never heard of such a thing!
half the people in the conversation thought it sounded like too much and the other half thought it was jsut right
you can imagine where i fall on that scale
i think i am goignto amke some juicy lucies this weeeknd!
hope your week is wrapping up and you have a great time at the ball park!

Just like you as summer begins I have high hopes and goals for what I want to do during the summer. I wanted to get up north more and do a couple camping trips but I only got up to the cabin once and no camping as of yet for me. Maybe I should go back to school so I can have a real summer vacation hahaha. I know that July and August are very busy and I didn't make the most of June. I will try to make September count. I have gotten in a lot of rounds of disc golf in this summer so I have that going for me.

Taking the plants to your buddies to finish sounds like a great idea. Are you taking all of them? If so that should take care of your spider mite issue for good. Will they be outside? Like you said the best plans are just that and sometimes things just go in a diffrent direction.

The tail gate scene was great at the game last night. We got there about 3 hours before the game and so did many others. In our section of the parking lot there were a lot of tie dyes and it was great to see. I can't believe how many teens and 20 somethings seem to be embracing the dead. 50 year old music and they can't get enough of it. We went in for a few innings and just walked around the park, then back out for post game tailgating. I had many drinks and was up late so I'm dragging a little today. There were a lot of tributes to Jerry on the score board and dead music in between innings. Lots of joints being puffed in the lot as well.

You are speaking my language with the juicy Lucy. I think they were invented in the twin cities of Minnesota. They are very good and I recomend them for sure. It takes a little practice to get the ratio of meat and cheese down right. You want to avoid making them really fat or they are hard to cook. I like mine with cheddar cheese but any cheese will be good. In fact I'd love to try them with the blue marble jack cheese that I recently discovered. Go thin on the patties and don't overdo the cheese or they will be super messy. It's been a while since I made them I may have to join you this weekend and make some too.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
hahah i knew you would be the right guy to ask about the juicy lucy
/i even thought of you at the time
you are preaching to the choir here about thin patty being appropriate at tiems
im sure you know all about in n out burger, out here in the west
a friend was on this quest to make the perfect in n out at home but felt like he couldent nail it
i explained to him that his patties were too thick and that he needed to "be like in n out"
/thier patties are about 1/8" thick
if you want to stack 4 patties (4x4's) on your bun then go for it, but that is part of the secret
/i presonally feel that a double double is the perfect ratio of meat cheese and bun
i press my fresh ground between two dinner plates so i dont mind making them super thin and cooking them really quick

that is awesome about the brewers game!
im glad it had a good vibe for you and someitmes half the fun of baseball at the park is the atmosphere!
its been a while since ive been down to petco, but i used to love to walk around the park and just enjoy the scene
i dig what you mean about seeing the 20somehtings at the game
hay man, we were once like they were. just the music wasnt that old ( f-me and all brother, fifty years ago)
even tho i wasnt around in the 60, i remember as a kid when everyone else was listening to wham! rocking the hendrix and ol yardbirds albums
heck, i listened to even older stuff back in the day, i was into this ragtime/jazz kick and would toast and listen to scott joplin and billy holiday stuff
/im listening to cab calloway right now

yeah my buddy will be growing these babies outdoors
i never thought about how this would rid me of the mites too
im totally going to do this!

its funny you mention school because i was telling "the girl" about how she should appreciate every moment of her youth
i guess we all can bite off more than we can chew when planning for our summers, but thats what next summer is for
im not about to close the book on this years summer and its not too late
but what i dont do this year can wait on the backburner till next year
lets rock this friday and get on to the weekend brother!
thats our time to be kids again!

packerfan79

Veteran
This has been a boring summer, 1 camping trip, we will be going to mission beach next month. Last summer we did Disney land, Sand Diego zoo, and sea world. And camping and the beach.

Probably going to do one more campout next weekend.

More yummy food talk. Can't beat in-n-out. Double-Double animal style, all day long. We have family that live in Colorado, in-n-out is their first stop every time. Juicy Lucy sounds familiar, and delicious. I have done the stuffed burgers bomb for sure, I like cheddar and bacon. Or jalapenos.

Pop Rocks sorry to hear about the mites, that's always a freaking pain in the ass brother.

Fiddynuts, deadhead night sounds like a super chill event. I had a lot of friends who were all about the dead. We used to go to something called "Dead on the mountain " back in the mid 90s, awesome shows no Jerry Garcia �� though. We would get lots of kind bud, shrooms , acid and hash their. It was a trip, about 8,000 ft in elevation, up past a ski resort . People would camp along side the road. I was kinda surprised no body ever walked off the side of the mountain while tripping on acid or shrooms.

Fiddynut

hahah i knew you would be the right guy to ask about the juicy lucy
/i even thought of you at the time
you are preaching to the choir here about thin patty being appropriate at tiems
im sure you know all about in n out burger, out here in the west
a friend was on this quest to make the perfect in n out at home but felt like he couldent nail it
i explained to him that his patties were too thick and that he needed to "be like in n out"
/thier patties are about 1/8" thick
if you want to stack 4 patties (4x4's) on your bun then go for it, but that is part of the secret
/i presonally feel that a double double is the perfect ratio of meat cheese and bun
i press my fresh ground between two dinner plates so i dont mind making them super thin and cooking them really quick

that is awesome about the brewers game!
im glad it had a good vibe for you and someitmes half the fun of baseball at the park is the atmosphere!
its been a while since ive been down to petco, but i used to love to walk around the park and just enjoy the scene
i dig what you mean about seeing the 20somehtings at the game
hay man, we were once like they were. just the music wasnt that old ( f-me and all brother, fifty years ago)
even tho i wasnt around in the 60, i remember as a kid when everyone else was listening to wham! rocking the hendrix and ol yardbirds albums
heck, i listened to even older stuff back in the day, i was into this ragtime/jazz kick and would toast and listen to scott joplin and billy holiday stuff
/im listening to cab calloway right now

yeah my buddy will be growing these babies outdoors
i never thought about how this would rid me of the mites too
im totally going to do this!

its funny you mention school because i was telling "the girl" about how she should appreciate every moment of her youth
i guess we all can bite off more than we can chew when planning for our summers, but thats what next summer is for
im not about to close the book on this years summer and its not too late
but what i dont do this year can wait on the backburner till next year
lets rock this friday and get on to the weekend brother!
thats our time to be kids again!

Yep thanks for bringing up the juice Lucy, it's been a few years and I almost forgot about them. I've been looking to cook something that I don't do often and I think these are just the thing. It's been a lot of years since I had one n out burger but I have fond memories of them. You are right about that style of burger it's thin and cooked quickly, a lot like a culvers burger. Your technique of using plates to press patties thin and evenly should be a great one for the Juci Lucy's. My only other advise is to be carful not to burn yourself, that cheese is hot and will burn your mouth if you don't let it cool some. Enjoy your Lucy's this weekend, you've earned it.

Tailgating is my favorite part of going to games for sure. Miller park has a huge parking lot and every game it's like a small city pops up out there. Some people are really well equipped for tailgating with pop up tents and couches. The lot is full of the smell of people's grills cooking up burgers, brats, and dogs. Lots of people set up those bag toss games. Everyone has a great time. Tits like that for packer games too but as the season goes on it gets very cold and only the very hearty can do a tailgate when it gets below zero.

You are right the kids now arnt so diffrent than when I was in my teens in the 80's. Even then the dead was old and many considered it to be just a leftover from the 60's. Free thinking people have always been more interested in the alt scene. The more straight laced kids listen to the pop music. Many of us who don't fit into the "normal" crowd rebel against the pop culture and find our alternatives. One thing is for sure, good music dosent go out of style, but pop music does. My wife is a huge Billy Holiday fan. Her and her dad listened to a lot of that type of stuff. Now that her dads gone it reminds her of him when she turns it on. Good stuff!

That's a great ide to get those plants out side where that can be happy and the bugs have natural predators. Once the plants are out you can clean up everything and make sure the mites are gone. You don't want them to get a hold in your environment. I think that's when they become almost unstoppable. I think I've read threads here where the mites get so bad grow after grow that the grower has to move to a diffrent house to be rid of them. Pests in the grow really freak me out and I'm glad I have only had to deal with the gnats.

People always told me to enjoy my youth when I was young. I always wanted to grow up fast and was attracted to the freedom of adulthood so it was a conflict for me. I think that's why I got into so much trouble when I was a teen, I refused to let anyone tell me what to do or when to do it. I'm an adult and now middle aged by years but I remain a kid at heart.

Yep every summer I fall short on all the things I thought I'd do. Like you said, there is always next year. And there is still a couple months of great weather coming up here to get busy and get stuff done too. This weekend will be super busy but it will get a lot more chill the next couple weeks and it will be time to enjoy some late summer and the great season of fall.