What's new

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Fiddynut

I always torture my girls in too small pots anyway so Im in for the beer cup. I'm thinking some sativa leaning strain would be tall skinny. go for one bud. Feeding from the bottom constantly seems the only way with daily 2 hr drying out.
I gave the WW 1/2 t per gal of epsom in a foliar and drenched with the excess. I had just regular salts I don't know if it matters. also watered in a little dolemite.
thanks
Rodehazrd
Good evening Rodehazrd.

I'm looking forward to the challenge as well. I know how pissed off my plants get when I don't pot up soon enough so I know this will be tough. I'm going to read through the previous challenges and try to find a method thet works.

I hope the Epsom salts get your girls happy. The threads I skimmed through seemed to suggest that if you have a mag deficiency it will clear up quickly. Keep us posted brother.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that is an awesome story,rode!
i spent some time in the gulf area and really enjoy the culture and food i found there
/its amazing how passing a joint breaks down walls no matter where you are
if you dig that scene, check out the mummers if you ever find yourself in philly
/exquisite dress and loud high kicking music all in a festival atmosphere
i too use epsom salt for mg
it works pretty fast so you should see an improvement in no time

Rodehazrd

I think I will use a larry clone and go straight to 1212. No room for a big root anyway and thats my focus when in veg growing a big root ball. I think ten weeks in a puddle of fish hydro would make a nice bud. How to keep the puddle small and not dry up there's an issue.
I'm going with my peat mix I guess
Rodehazrd

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
will definitely check out that beer cup thread, fiddy!
it sounds like fun
i agree with rhode that sativas might not be the showstoppers they are looking for but you never know
/can you enter more than one plant?

the beatles have a bunch of great songs too, but like pink floyd can get kind of played out
one of my favs is called happiness is a warm gun
/turns out its hard to find a version that is not a cover but im sure you know the song

looks like we just about made it through another week guys!
i am so ready for the weekend

Rodehazrd

that is an awesome story,rode!
i spent some time in the gulf area and really enjoy the culture and food i found there
/its amazing how passing a joint breaks down walls no matter where you are
if you dig that scene, check out the mummers if you ever find yourself in philly
/exquisite dress and loud high kicking music all in a festival atmosphere
i too use epsom salt for mg
it works pretty fast so you should see an improvement in no time

Those were different times I would never do that now.
Sad
Rodehazrd

Fiddynut

I think I will use a larry clone and go straight to 1212. No room for a big root anyway and thats my focus when in veg growing a big root ball. I think ten weeks in a puddle of fish hydro would make a nice bud. How to keep the puddle small and not dry up there's an issue.
I'm going with my peat mix I guess
Rodehazrd
Good morning Rodehazrd.

I think that using a clone is a great idea. It will be interesting to see how she acts going right to 12/12. Since she is technically a mature plant would she go right to the streach? That would be good for not making a bunch of roots and getting too rootbound.

It's the watering demands that make me nervous as well. I have a feeling that I'm going to be a slave to the cups for a good part of this grow. I'm figuring a couple waterings a day and if they get really rootbound top watering might not work and then its multiple soakings a day to keep them moist. This part is where having some knowledge of those dripper auto watering systems would really kick ass.

Fiddynut

will definitely check out that beer cup thread, fiddy!
it sounds like fun
i agree with rhode that sativas might not be the showstoppers they are looking for but you never know
/can you enter more than one plant?

the beatles have a bunch of great songs too, but like pink floyd can get kind of played out
one of my favs is called happiness is a warm gun
/turns out its hard to find a version that is not a cover but im sure you know the song

looks like we just about made it through another week guys!
i am so ready for the weekend
Good morning pop_rocks.

You can enter up to 5 plants in the challenge. I think you have to pick one to be judged though. I think it's going to be fun for sure. I think a sativa would be a great cup plant. If I remembered right the contest is all about creativity and not just yeild. It's about adapting to and getting the plant to adapt to an environment that is not normal for most of us. But I think the most important part will be having fun doing it and maybe learning something.

For sure the Beatles and Floyd got over played here. We had a lot of classic rock stations in the 80's and 90's and it was lots of the same few songs from Beatles, pink Floyd, led Zeppelin, and others like that. Too bad they had to overplay the crap out of everything. The only good part was that they would only play the same few songs. So many great songs that didn't get played too much and they were some of the best songs anyway. The radio stations wanted songs of a certain length that fit into their format. That left many of the best songs unplayed. I can still enjoy a song like stairway to heaven for instance sometimes now that it's been a few years since I heard it on the radio everyday.

Yep another week is allmost in the books. I've been working way too much and can't wait for it to slow down in a few weeks. My ass is dragging and it's only going to get worse the next week or two. I have to try to make the most out of my short weekends. The wife has another painting project going and I've been mostly too exhausted to help much after 10-11 hours on my feet at work all day. She took a few days off work to paint the kitchen cabinets and it's taking longer than she expected. The kitchen is unusable while the project is going on. It's really bad timing with my work schedule right now. Sorry to go off on a tangent.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
agree fiddy, a clone would be a good choice
you definitely could go straight to flower once your cut has rooted
maybe you could just get a timer to control the watering, like the kind you would use for the lights
the ones i have can be set in 15m increments so soemthing like that might work for you
/plug your water pump into the timer and let her do all the busy work

no need to apologize for going off on a tangent, friend
when posting in most other threads i try to stay on topic but the jungle is a different spot all together
/this is one thread that i let my mind flow freely and not worry too much about going off in different directions
at least she is painting in the summer when you can leave the windows open
are you guys cooking outside or eating a bunch of take out since your kitchen is down?
i tip my hat to you brother, 10 hour days would get old for me really fast

one more day to go guys, we got this week in the bag!
can you believe its already august?!?

Rodehazrd

Hey Fiddy you got a woman who can paint, Damn
Ms Hazrd gets more on her and the floor than the wall I always say leave it for me I love to do it. And I do somewhat enjoy painting. Just did the bedroom in Aqua Blue, smoked a fattie and spread the color. Ceilings not so much fun, But changing the color of walls I like.
Rodehazrd

Fiddynut

agree fiddy, a clone would be a good choice
you definitely could go straight to flower once your cut has rooted
maybe you could just get a timer to control the watering, like the kind you would use for the lights
the ones i have can be set in 15m increments so soemthing like that might work for you
/plug your water pump into the timer and let her do all the busy work

no need to apologize for going off on a tangent, friend
when posting in most other threads i try to stay on topic but the jungle is a different spot all together
/this is one thread that i let my mind flow freely and not worry too much about going off in different directions
at least she is painting in the summer when you can leave the windows open
are you guys cooking outside or eating a bunch of take out since your kitchen is down?
i tip my hat to you brother, 10 hour days would get old for me really fast

one more day to go guys, we got this week in the bag!
can you believe its already august?!?
Good morning pop_rocks.

I'd love to run a clone in the challenge. With no lights on in the jungle and no seeds popped yet I don't think I'd have time to get any ready in time. I think running an auto will be simplest for me. I might try a couple diffrent grow mediums though. I was thinking of doing side by sides with coco and soil and see which works best. Maybe I'll have clones ready for the next one. Next challenge will probably be in yogart cups.

I'm thinking that I'll wait until after my Labor Day vacation to get the challenge cups started and then I'll be around to hand water. Setting up pumps and timers and all that is going to take time and a lot of trial and error and I'd rather get experience with that when I'm around to keep an eye on it. I may play with that kind of thing in a normal grow soon though. I'm thinking I'll do one plant in coco in the next couple grows to get a feel for it. Maybe I can set up drippers for that pot when I get it going. It would be fun to play with the timers and flow control and defenatly something new to me.

You are right that the jungle is a place to get things off your chest. After a little argument the wife and I came to a compromise on the painting project. She got about half of the cabinets painted this week so we put the stuff back in the other half. Now we can put away the stuff in the side she got done and the kitchen can be used again. I told her I couldn't be without a kitchen for over a week. I said I'd help her do the other half one cabinet at a time so it wouldn't be so chaotic. She resisted a bit but I think she realized it was just too much to do at once. We will get the others done in the n st couple weeks and I'll have a kitchen to cook in in the mean time.

She was hoping the project would only take 3 days so the plan was to eat take out for those days. I usually eat more during the day at work that at home in the evening anyway. But with the weekend approaching I need the kitchen. She planned well to do the painting this time of year. windows open is the way to go when painting for sure. I actually had to close some windows this morning. After a hot week a cold front moved through last night and temps dropped into the mid 50's. How strange there is a high of like 67 degrees today and it feels like fall.

These long days are taking their toll on me but it's like this every year. I just have to plow through and keep working. By next month it will slow down a lot. The few days off for Labor Day will feel great.

The weekend is allmost here and I can't wait. I hope your week went well and your weekend kicks ass!

Fiddynut

Hey Fiddy you got a woman who can paint, Damn
Ms Hazrd gets more on her and the floor than the wall I always say leave it for me I love to do it. And I do somewhat enjoy painting. Just did the bedroom in Aqua Blue, smoked a fattie and spread the color. Ceilings not so much fun, But changing the color of walls I like.
Rodehazrd
Good morning Rodehazrd.

Yep the wife kind of likes painting. At least she does at the start of the project. By the end she is usually talking about how much she dosent like it anymore. She does a good job though and she is the one with the eye for colors. She likes bright colors just did the kitchen in a bright yellow a few months back. She did a nice Aqua blue in the bathroom that looks great. I am not a good painter. I don't have a great eye for detail. If the decorating was left to me we'd be in trouble.

Your cup challenge entries look great. The wick is a great idea. I think you will do well. Getting started right away is also a great idea. I still have to decide how I'm going to approach this grow and won't start for awhile.

Fiddynut

Harvest update.

Harvest update.

Greetings jungle tribe.

My gorilla bubble harvest is dried and starting to cure in jars. I am super happy with the quality of the buds. They are so frosty and sticky. The flavor is unique and it's hard to describe but I love it. The buds arnt too dense that I need a grinder but not loose by any means.

I've been cautiously optimistic about yeild. This morning I did the weigh in and I'm pleasantly surprised with the results. I got 8 full jars and 212.8 grams or just over 7-1/2 oz. That isn't my biggest harvest but it's not too far off. It's more than 3 times as much as I've got off a single plant before.

packerfan79

Veteran
Greetings jungle tribe.

My gorilla bubble harvest is dried and starting to cure in jars. I am super happy with the quality of the buds. They are so frosty and sticky. The flavor is unique and it's hard to describe but I love it. The buds arnt too dense that I need a grinder but not loose by any means.

I've been cautiously optimistic about yeild. This morning I did the weigh in and I'm pleasantly surprised with the results. I got 8 full jars and 212.8 grams or just over 7-1/2 oz. That isn't my biggest harvest but it's not too far off. It's more than 3 times as much as I've got off a single plant before.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=72539&pictureid=1770232&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=72539&pictureid=1769018&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=72539&pictureid=1769017&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Hey Fiddynuts, that's a hell of a pull off of 1 plant. Nice to have stack of jars full. Nothing much going on here, seedlings are chugging along. Sent 3 pounds to trim to the "extract artist "lol. Aka wax snob. To damn hot to fire up the rosin press in the garage. I need to make some bubble, so I might wait till it cools off and get it done. Hard to keep it cold when it's so damn hot

Fiddynut

Hey Fiddynuts, that's a hell of a pull off of 1 plant. Nice to have stack of jars full. Nothing much going on here, seedlings are chugging along. Sent 3 pounds to trim to the "extract artist "lol. Aka wax snob. To damn hot to fire up the rosin press in the garage. I need to make some bubble, so I might wait till it cools off and get it done. Hard to keep it cold when it's so damn hot
Good afternoon Packerfan.

I'm really happy with the yeild and quality of this harvest. Since I was going to grow 3 plants I didn't veg that long and she still put out nicely. This result has me convinced that I should be growing fewer plants in that tent. I'm thinking 2 max per run unless I'm on a pheno hunt.

I'm glad to hear your seedlings are doing well. I have to get some popping here soon. Are you turning the trim into BHO? Love me some of that. When does it start to cool off by you? I hope summer isn't over already it's in the 60's here today.

packerfan79

Veteran

I'm really happy with the yeild and quality of this harvest. Since I was going to grow 3 plants I didn't veg that long and she still put out nicely. This result has me convinced that I should be growing fewer plants in that tent. I'm thinking 2 max per run unless I'm on a pheno hunt.

I'm glad to hear your seedlings are doing well. I have to get some popping here soon. Are you turning the trim into BHO? Love me some of that. When does it start to cool off by you? I hope summer isn't over already it's in the 60's here today.

We don't cool off till October 😣, I wish it was in the 60s. Lowest temps here have been 75, and that's at like430 in the morning. Grrrrrr. I hate the desert. I was hoping to get on the cup challenge but it ending quite early Nov 28th, I don't think I will have anything in flower by then. I might be able to pull it off outside straight from seed or clone not exactly sure.I would have to start in a few weeks. The problem is that my dumb dogs like to kill plants. I had a sparky, my electrician buddy bred it from (chemdog × master bubba) x bubble gum. Dogs destroyed it in less than a day.

Rodehazrd

Hey Tribe
Well the Widows responded well to the epsom
I guess my mix runs out of Mg in 4 weeks. Got a bottle of cal mag from earth juice for my future efforts. I may go with more dolmite too

Wow Fiddy almost half a pound on one indoor plant with short veg. I want to be like you when I grow up.
Yeah I got in the party cup with a larry 4 clone , thats her at three weeks in my regular mix third reuse. I gave her the fish every week so far with a good dose of kool bloom the first week of flower.
Also put in a fruity chronic juice It's way taller and slower to get going I have high hopes for the Larry4 though. I chose her for her early flowering and medium stature.
I hope everyone has a good weekend It's cooled to the 50s at night now so all the heat went south, they can have it. I'm gathering up for another camping trip next weekend . Plan to spend some time at the lake. a lot of the kids are coming. God children, Biological children and some who call us their logical family, the original family sometimes does not seem to fit. I have no interest in hanging with most of my biological family they are mostly Jesus freaks who quote the old testament a lot. Make no mistake Jesus was a cool dude but most miss his message and go right to Judgment of others. I sometimes am a peacekeeper we wear orange vests and form a line between protesters and their opposition. Usually gay rights or women rights. Our instructions are to not engage anyone but sometimes when the assholes are yelling Leviticus quotes I respond with beattitudes from my red letter edition of the bible. You know Blessed are the meek, poor. sick, downtrodden. They never know what to do with their anger. and most don't know the meaning of their mans words. Just no accounting for some peoples children.
Rodehazrd

Attachments

• IMG_2151.jpg
    IMG_2151.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2152.jpg
    IMG_2152.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 10

Fiddynut

We don't cool off till October 😣, I wish it was in the 60s. Lowest temps here have been 75, and that's at like430 in the morning. Grrrrrr. I hate the desert. I was hoping to get on the cup challenge but it ending quite early Nov 28th, I don't think I will have anything in flower by then. I might be able to pull it off outside straight from seed or clone not exactly sure.I would have to start in a few weeks. The problem is that my dumb dogs like to kill plants. I had a sparky, my electrician buddy bred it from (chemdog × master bubba) x bubble gum. Dogs destroyed it in less than a day.

Well our cold spell only lasted a day and we are back to a nice summery 80 today. Sounds like you have a couple months before you cool down. The way time is flying by it will be October in no time.

I'd like to get going on the challenge too but I don't have any lights on right now. Luckily for me I have some auto seeds that finish in less than 60 days from sprout. Maybe you can put a cup or two outside up out of the reach of the dogs or something. In the heat and sun you might have to water that cup several times a day that could be a chore.

Have a great weekend brother...Fiddy.

Fiddynut

Hey Tribe
Well the Widows responded well to the epsom
I guess my mix runs out of Mg in 4 weeks. Got a bottle of cal mag from earth juice for my future efforts. I may go with more dolmite too

Wow Fiddy almost half a pound on one indoor plant with short veg. I want to be like you when I grow up.
Yeah I got in the party cup with a larry 4 clone , thats her at three weeks in my regular mix third reuse. I gave her the fish every week so far with a good dose of kool bloom the first week of flower.
Also put in a fruity chronic juice It's way taller and slower to get going I have high hopes for the Larry4 though. I chose her for her early flowering and medium stature.
I hope everyone has a good weekend It's cooled to the 50s at night now so all the heat went south, they can have it. I'm gathering up for another camping trip next weekend . Plan to spend some time at the lake. a lot of the kids are coming. God children, Biological children and some who call us their logical family, the original family sometimes does not seem to fit. I have no interest in hanging with most of my biological family they are mostly Jesus freaks who quote the old testament a lot. Make no mistake Jesus was a cool dude but most miss his message and go right to Judgment of others. I sometimes am a peacekeeper we wear orange vests and form a line between protesters and their opposition. Usually gay rights or women rights. Our instructions are to not engage anyone but sometimes when the assholes are yelling Leviticus quotes I respond with beattitudes from my red letter edition of the bible. You know Blessed are the meek, poor. sick, downtrodden. They never know what to do with their anger. and most don't know the meaning of their mans words. Just no accounting for some peoples children.
Rodehazrd
Good afternoon Rodehazrd.

Glad to hear the widows are doing better. Be carful about using the cal/mag. I found out the hard way that too much of that is bad. Your soil allredy has the rock powders you amend with and might have enough cal in it. Once I had too much ca in my pots my plants fried quickly. If it's just the mag you need it might be best to get a mag only supplement. They use less the later they get into flower as well.

Thanks brother. This grow had issues but in the end I'm really happy with it. The yeild was more than expected. Even better than the yeild is the quality. This stuff is killer. Good thing I have another half pack of these seeds.

Your Larrys are looking great. Glad the are doing well for you. I have a little Larry left and I'm going to bust some out for smoking during a game of disc golf after work today.

Sounds like the cold front that went through here two nights ago made it all the way south to you. We had a cold night and it was cool yesterday but started warming back up in the late afternoon yesterday. Back to 80 today so it was short lived.

Sounds like a great camping trip you have planned. The more the merrier they say. That's cool that you have a good "extended" family. Sometime family has nothing to do with genetics, like you said "logical" family. We are all brothers and sisters in many ways. That's too bad you have a lot of bible bangers in your biological family. Religion can be a great thing for people but like anything, if you take it too seriously or literally it can be a bad thing. I wish everyone got along better and minded our own busness a bit more. It's ok to have opinions and values but to push them on others isn't good for anyone. That's great that you are involved in keeping the peace, the world need people like you to keep the extremists from killing each other.

I hope you have a great weekend brother...Fiddy.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening guys?

that looks like a great haul,fiddy
veg time/yield is something to think about when you grow
a lot of variables are working together and i think everyone has a certain grow style they prefer
i tend to let my plants veg a while
i personally prefer bigger buds and im also not worried about any time frames, so the extra wait isnt a problem
so this morning i find out i have spider mites in the veg tent
its kind of my own fault
ive been busy with summer stuff and work, plus ive been letting the dog hang out in the room
its been super hot lately and my dog is getting pretty old
cold dosent bother her, but some days you can see the heat is really taking it out of her
so i have been letting her sleep outside when she wants and when she comes inside, i will let her hang out in the grow room (the coolest room in the house)
im mixing up a citrus/neem spray but would be totally open to any other ideas
a friend said he would sit in his grow with a swab and paper towels and manually wipe the buggers from his plant
/aint nobody got time for that
im hopeing to get in on the 16oz cup challenge but i dont want to use mite ridden clones
so whats your loose timetable on this,f'nut
you say you are going wait till after labor day to crack fresh auto seed ?