What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Rodehazrd

Fiddy
Just saw the well post
Just because it leaked on your end doesn't mean it leaks on the other
House uphill or downhill from the well?
Rodehazrd

Fiddynut

Hey guys
I've been out of internet while in the mtns
Cell never does work in the good places.
I gave out all my clones to someone who distributed them to others. Got a msg back from one indoor guy clones available anytime I want it back.
The outdoor people said they flowered already I was at 24 hrs I guess they th I ought it was fall. Should they be pulled and start over. I had one year outdoor when it rained a lot and some flowered stopped then started again lousy yield
Rodehazrd
Good afternoon Rodehazrd.

Welcome back! You are right phones never work in the good spots. Good thing too because it's too easy to get distracted by the damn things and loose touch with nature.

That's cool of you to give clones out to others. That's the real deal sharing spirit there I think everyone should be that kind. And if the people who received them can keep them going they are backed up so to speak. Now if you want them back all you have to do is ask. Are you starting over popping seeds now? Larry's? I hope they do well for you. I'm sure you'll find some winners.

I'm surprised that they started flowering this time of year. There should be plenty of hours of light to keep them vegging. I'd imagine they would reveg but not sure. You say that you were vegging them on a 24 hour light cycle? Maybe they will reveg if they give them a chance we are less then a month from longest day of the year. Do you think they would have started flowering if they had been vegging on an 18/6 cycle. I have no experience with reveg or outdoor so I'm not much help.

Yes the rain has been crazy here. I bet it has rained for 45 of the past 50 days. Not normal for us. The poor farmers can't even plant the fields are too wet more like ponds. Very few nice days and just soggy conditions.

Glad to see you back bud...Fiddy.

Fiddynut

Fiddy
Just saw the well post
Just because it leaked on your end doesn't mean it leaks on the other
House uphill or downhill from the well?
Rodehazrd
Hi again Rodehazrd.

The well head is only about 15-20' from the house and it's pretty level. I think the water is coming out a relief pipe that is kind of an over flow drain of some sort. It's still holding steady at about the same leakage as it has been. I'll take some pics when I get home to show you how it's set up because it would be easer than explaining it. Will post them up tonight and we can put our heads together and I'd love your input.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
rode', you are sure living the life my brother!
on day camping by the sea and the next getting away out to the mountains
/ you are officially my new hero and i want to be just like you one day!

the mrGibbs is a sweet plant but just not all she can be
i still have the last cut i took, and might just let her veg out in the back of a tent somewhere
i really liked her fast finish and yeild, but she wasnt as dank as the other stuff i have access to
im prob going to run with the dog treats for the next cycle and see how some new gear looks down the road

hope you and rode' can get the pipe problem sorted
i hate spending money when i dont need to but i would be worried about the water if it could be bad
ive seen pictures of some of the sturgeons in the 100#+ range
do they also have aligator gar there?
at those sizes you are looking at a med size shark,man!
250# is a lot of fish and i bet it would be a hell of a thing to land

sounds like you are doing the lst thing on the GB's
like you said, you tie one down and the next set erupts in a new growth spurt
just keep tieing them back until the fit into the space you have,brother
you will be suprised at the yeilds you get when you train a plant like that

Fiddynut

Ok Rodehazrd I got some pics so you know what I'm looking at here. I popped the cap off the well pipe outside this evening and it's dry down at least 10 feet or so and maybe much more.
Here is a pic down the pipe.

So the water is coming out of a small overflow or relief pipe that is in the casing whare the water supply comes into the house and the power goes out to the well. When we last were talking about this I was mistaken and thought the leak was at the casing whare it comes into the house but as I looked closer there is a little like 1/2" pipe that comes out of the cap on the casing and that's whare it's dripping from.
Here are some pics of that.

It seems to me like that 1/2" pipe is for overflow and maybe so that a leak comes into the house and not back down the well. I stuck a 10" dowel in there and it goes all the way in.

Since the water level in the well casing outside isn't up high enough to be leaking into the casing that comes over to the house my only thought is that it must b a very slow leak in the supply pipe. It's a galvanized pipe so it's pretty old. I just don't know where else it could be coming from. If I here was a split in the casing over to the house I'd see it dumping into the well when I look down the casing and I don't see that.

I don't know a lot about plumbing but I'd say that I can tell my wife that the well isn't getting contaminated so that's a good thing. She isn't very mechanically minded so it will be a bit hard to explain it to her. It will need to get fixed eventually so I think I might as well do it after this run. I wish I knew a 420 friendly well guy around here.

Let me know what you think I may be missing something...Fiddy

Fiddynut

rode', you are sure living the life my brother!
on day camping by the sea and the next getting away out to the mountains
/ you are officially my new hero and i want to be just like you one day!

the mrGibbs is a sweet plant but just not all she can be
i still have the last cut i took, and might just let her veg out in the back of a tent somewhere
i really liked her fast finish and yeild, but she wasnt as dank as the other stuff i have access to
im prob going to run with the dog treats for the next cycle and see how some new gear looks down the road

hope you and rode' can get the pipe problem sorted
i hate spending money when i dont need to but i would be worried about the water if it could be bad
ive seen pictures of some of the sturgeons in the 100#+ range
do they also have aligator gar there?
at those sizes you are looking at a med size shark,man!
250# is a lot of fish and i bet it would be a hell of a thing to land

sounds like you are doing the lst thing on the GB's
like you said, you tie one down and the next set erupts in a new growth spurt
just keep tieing them back until the fit into the space you have,brother
you will be suprised at the yeilds you get when you train a plant like that
Good evening pop_rocks.

Loving the good life for sure Rodehazrd is. Camping and mountains and don't forget rubbing elbows with the classy folks at the derby. And the mint Julips hahaha just kidding. Sounds like good times I too want to be like him someday.

Mr Gibbs sounds good but I think you said everything with "wasn't as dank as other...". At the end of the day I'm after the dankest weed I can grow. I will keep looking for more and more potent buds as long as I'm able to grow. Progress. Variety is nice but danker is better.

I've never seen or caught a sturgeon and my understanding is that they are usually caught by spearing them through a big hole in the ice. Not sure about alligator gar here but I've seen some fish with long noses. There are pretty good size salmon in the Great Lakes and the biggest fish I've ever caught were king salmon on Lake Michigan close to 40 pounds.

I did a little LST with a couple of the autos I grew but just tied the main stalk down on those. So far the LST is working on the GB#1. I tightened the strings a little when I got home and she is a lot shorter now. That reminded me I recently saw a tutorial where a guy was LSTing his main stem to go around the rim of the pot and then it just grew up colas from a ring around the pot. Really kept hight low and looked like a cool set up. I've got lots of practicing to do before I get good with it but no time like the present to learn a bit. I'm going to use this to deal with aggressively growing plants from now on.
Here are a couple of not so great pics of what I did to her.

Rodehazrd

Hey Fiddy
I can.t see the pipe in The well but I suspect you have to haul out the pump a.d replace the pipe to the house no digging just pull the old one out you'll have the sleeve to push in some pex not overly difficult but may be pipe thread on the end you can't do yourself then it's plumber time.
I got pipe threaded at home depot. If you feel like trying go for it I would but the wife is used to me taking too long to fix the stuff I try. You mY bear the wrath of a.showerless woman.
Rodehazrd

Fiddynut

Hey Fiddy
I can.t see the pipe in The well but I suspect you have to haul out the pump a.d replace the pipe to the house no digging just pull the old one out you'll have the sleeve to push in some pex not overly difficult but may be pipe thread on the end you can't do yourself then it's plumber time.
I got pipe threaded at home depot. If you feel like trying go for it I would but the wife is used to me taking too long to fix the stuff I try. You mY bear the wrath of a.showerless woman.
Rodehazrd
Good morning Rodehazrd.

I'm glad I took the pics last evening because it made me look more closely at things. I hadent popped the cap on the well until I took the pics. Now I think I know what I'm dealing with.

You bring up a good point about the wrath of a showerless woman. Come to think of it I'd hate to be without water while I scramble around trying to fix it. I think I will let the pros handle this one. They should be able to do it quick and shouldn't charge an arm and a leg.

If I time this right I'll only have to take the flower tent down for a week or so and I can veg plants in my upstairs closet so I won't loose much time.

Thanks for helping motivate me to take a closer look...Fiddy.

Rodehazrd

Good luck Fiddy
I would expect two guys to do it in a day or less. $500?
Yeah Pop we are loving our camp rig hope to pick up a small.4' trailer to keep packed in the barn so we stay ready. We got a good spot on st Joe for next April. I want to go up to indiana dunes soon we plan Red River Gorge for next month. Camp on the river and hike some. We decided we would push our knees and see the gorge again. We have good sticks and that helps the knees a lot. We did well on the beach walking several miles a day. I've gained ten pounds (170) and think I'm strong enough.
Yeah it's a new moon I plan to pop the Larry soon. Also trying a fruity chronic juice
The Bangi didn't thrill us greatly so I'm saving those. A friend had some Larry and it was the fire. Don't know if it was clone or cc. Hoping for a keeper in there anyway. The chronic I hope is good for pain and sleeping.
Smoke em if you got em
Rodehazrd

Floridian

Veteran
We have gator gar in most lakes down here,it sucks when you think your have a 13 pound bass on your plastic worm and it turns out to be a gar.Except for the bass breaking the water jumping it's the same ride.They will live 4 hours or more out of the water too,truly dinosaur fish.I remember that when I was throwing a dead gar back after a full day bass fishing,I kicked it off the shore to feed some birds and critters and it swam away like nobody's business

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
dinosaur fish is exactly how i would describe them too,floridian
they look primitive af and bad ass through and through
that is crazy about them being able to live out of water like that

now that you mention it fiddy, i wonder what a sturgeon eats?
salmon are good eating and one of the few fish i like
40# is a good catch for sure, fresh or salt water
one of the main reasons i am hasitant to cut her loose is that i wouldent mind crossing her wiht something else and seeing if i can bring out the best in her
i am planning on cracking some new seed here and most of what i have are reg so i might have some males
it would be fun to make a crosses and see what it turns into

you are livin the life rode'!
how big is your main camp rig?
if you could manage several miles on a beach in soft sand you should ahve no problem out on the trail
do you usually crack new seed on a new moon?
ive never really given it much thought but am always eager to learn more
is the aim to ahve the seeds sprout during the new moon or do you just start the soak

taking the day off tomorrow and starting my long weekend
lets get this party started!

Fiddynut

Good luck Fiddy
I would expect two guys to do it in a day or less. $500?
Yeah Pop we are loving our camp rig hope to pick up a small.4' trailer to keep packed in the barn so we stay ready. We got a good spot on st Joe for next April. I want to go up to indiana dunes soon we plan Red River Gorge for next month. Camp on the river and hike some. We decided we would push our knees and see the gorge again. We have good sticks and that helps the knees a lot. We did well on the beach walking several miles a day. I've gained ten pounds (170) and think I'm strong enough.
Yeah it's a new moon I plan to pop the Larry soon. Also trying a fruity chronic juice
The Bangi didn't thrill us greatly so I'm saving those. A friend had some Larry and it was the fire. Don't know if it was clone or cc. Hoping for a keeper in there anyway. The chronic I hope is good for pain and sleeping.
Smoke em if you got em
Rodehazrd
Good afternoon Rodehazrd.

Yes I was thinking a few hundred bucks should cover it. Now I just have to find someone good and honest that isn't going to try to sell me a bigger job than I need.

That's a great idea to get a little trailer to keep your camp stuff in so you are always ready to go. Should be pretty easy to find a small trailer for a reasonable price. Trailers are a dime a dozen around here.

Sounds like you have some nice trips planned. I hope the weather is nice for you and you have a great time. Glad to hear you are putting on some weight. If you keep it up you'll be fat like me in no time hahaha. Just kidding. Glad you are feeling up to doing some hiking. A good walking stick is a great thing.

Good luck with the Larrys. I'm sure they will be fire. Even though I had a bad experience with my fem seeds the buds that I got that wernt seeded were nice, potent, tasty. I wish I had some left. Also looking forward to seeing and hearing about the chronic.

I hope your Holliday weekend is nice and you and your family is healthy and happy...Fiddy.

Fiddynut

We have gator gar in most lakes down here,it sucks when you think your have a 13 pound bass on your plastic worm and it turns out to be a gar.Except for the bass breaking the water jumping it's the same ride.They will live 4 hours or more out of the water too,truly dinosaur fish.I remember that when I was throwing a dead gar back after a full day bass fishing,I kicked it off the shore to feed some birds and critters and it swam away like nobody's business
Good afternoon Floridian.

I just looked alligator gar up and they are crazy. We don't have those up here. Looks like they are only in the southern states. Those teeth look like they coule do some damage. The record size is like 325 pounds and I'd be it was a hell of a fight to bring it in. When fishing for Muskie and pike with those kinds of teeth here you would have to use a steel leader so that they don't cut the line. The internet also says that they have a air bladder so they can breathe air and survive out of water for quite some time.

I hope your week went well. I also hope your mom is recovering from the hip surgery and is getting around. Is she home yet? Hope you two have a good Holliday weekend...Fiddy.

Fiddynut

dinosaur fish is exactly how i would describe them too,floridian
they look primitive af and bad ass through and through
that is crazy about them being able to live out of water like that

now that you mention it fiddy, i wonder what a sturgeon eats?
salmon are good eating and one of the few fish i like
40# is a good catch for sure, fresh or salt water
one of the main reasons i am hasitant to cut her loose is that i wouldent mind crossing her wiht something else and seeing if i can bring out the best in her
i am planning on cracking some new seed here and most of what i have are reg so i might have some males
it would be fun to make a crosses and see what it turns into

you are livin the life rode'!
how big is your main camp rig?
if you could manage several miles on a beach in soft sand you should ahve no problem out on the trail
do you usually crack new seed on a new moon?
ive never really given it much thought but am always eager to learn more
is the aim to ahve the seeds sprout during the new moon or do you just start the soak

taking the day off tomorrow and starting my long weekend
lets get this party started!
Good afternoon pop-rocks.

I believe sturgeon are scavengers and bottom feeders. They have the same sensors as catfish, like barbs on there mouth that detect food on the bottom of the lake or river.

That's a great idea to breed the mr (or Mrs) Gibbs. Cross her with a nice dank male and see what happens. Sounds like fun project. Sounds like you will have some pollen to work with. What strains are you planning on using? Go for it. I'd love to see how a breeding project goes.

That's great you have a 4 day weekend. Do you have any plans or just taking it easy? I have to work today and Saturday but plan on spending the rest of the weekend relaxing and disc golfing if the weather cooperates. I'm going to try to hit up a few different courses over the weekend. Maybe I'll even get the bicycle out and peddle around a bit.

I hope your weekend is off to a great start and you and the Mrs and your plants are happy and healthy...Fiddy.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
caelibrated a friends birthday last night
me and the mrs spent the day just trolling around and running errands
i got a hair cut and we went to the store to get stuff for a cook out we are going to tomororw
its nice when we are both off
today she is volunteering at some gymnastic tournament
im goign to throw some meat on the grill later

still need to take down some plants but i have had them sitting in the dark for the past 24h so i can start that whenever

im not sure what i can use to cross with the mrGibbs
i will have to see what seed i have and next time i get a male move him to his own batchlor pad and collect his pollen

the weekend is already off toa great start,friend!
im only one day in and already feel in full holiday mode!
hope the weather cooperates and you get his the disk golf
will you be bringing rufus along?

Fiddynut

caelibrated a friends birthday last night
me and the mrs spent the day just trolling around and running errands
i got a hair cut and we went to the store to get stuff for a cook out we are going to tomororw
its nice when we are both off
today she is volunteering at some gymnastic tournament
im goign to throw some meat on the grill later

still need to take down some plants but i have had them sitting in the dark for the past 24h so i can start that whenever

im not sure what i can use to cross with the mrGibbs
i will have to see what seed i have and next time i get a male move him to his own batchlor pad and collect his pollen

the weekend is already off toa great start,friend!
im only one day in and already feel in full holiday mode!
hope the weather cooperates and you get his the disk golf
will you be bringing rufus along?
Good morning pop_rocks.

Sounds like you guys had a nice productive day yesterday. It's nice that you both had the extra day to get stuff done but be able to do it at your own pace. And never miss an opportunity to celebrate a birthday, one of the best excuses to have a party.

I haven't had a haircut in quite some time. Probably like 20 years. When it's short I just shave it down with the electric clippers. These days it's pretty long. Haven't cut in like 4 or more years. I remember it's kind of nice to go in and get pampered especially if it's a hot chick doing the cutting.

You are speaking my language with meat on the grill. I've been to busy to do much cooking latley so I'm going to try to make up for it this weekend and do a lot of grilling and maybe smoke some ribs as well. St. Louis style are my specialty. Gotta get to Costco after work and see what looks good.

Sounds like you can take the plants down at your leisure. Maybe do a couple branches at a time over the weekend so it's less work and more fun. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the mr Gibbs and whatever lucky male you find.

I have a good feeling about this weekend as well. I'm not in full Holliday mode yet but give me a few hours and I think I'll be there. The weather looks beautiful today, maybe more rain tomorrow and a chance Monday as well but hope for the best. Dosent look like all day rainouts the next couple days. Rufus just got a grooming yesterday so I think he may have to stay home depending on which courses we go to. My favorite place is still really muddy and he loves to run through the puddles. My wife likes a clean dog and I like to let him have fun and get a little dirty.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
you haevnt had a hair cut in 20y?!?
oh man, your hair much be long!
growing up i wore my hair long and a few years ago i let it grow out again
well down past the middle of my back and i even grew this crazy mountain man beard to go along with it
i kept it nice so no one at work really said anything about it and i before i grew it out i let people know i was planning on donating it
after a couple years i dident want to cut it off so i milked it and just let it grow
i did end up donating it in the end and i like to think that maybe somewhere out there is someone rocking my old hair that i loved so much!

if rufus just went to the groomers i can understand not wanting him to get dirty so soon
im sure he wont miss it if you had to leave him behind, just throw a few extra treats his way and im sure you will be square

i will prob take the tops off the plants at some point,the main colas and a couple nodes down then prob just strip the rest off for the bubble bags
we will see how the mrs feels when she gets home

im ready to grab another cold one, enjoy your weekend brother!

Floridian

Veteran
I look like Clark Kent anymore its just too damn hot down here to be hippified lol.Mom came home yesterday afternoon after almost six weeks,I thought her Chihuahua's were going to savage her.Pretty funny dogs a bit on the emotional side

Fiddynut

you haevnt had a hair cut in 20y?!?
oh man, your hair much be long!
growing up i wore my hair long and a few years ago i let it grow out again
well down past the middle of my back and i even grew this crazy mountain man beard to go along with it
i kept it nice so no one at work really said anything about it and i before i grew it out i let people know i was planning on donating it
after a couple years i dident want to cut it off so i milked it and just let it grow
i did end up donating it in the end and i like to think that maybe somewhere out there is someone rocking my old hair that i loved so much!

if rufus just went to the groomers i can understand not wanting him to get dirty so soon
im sure he wont miss it if you had to leave him behind, just throw a few extra treats his way and im sure you will be square

i will prob take the tops off the plants at some point,the main colas and a couple nodes down then prob just strip the rest off for the bubble bags
we will see how the mrs feels when she gets home

im ready to grab another cold one, enjoy your weekend brother!
Good morning pop_rocks.

Hahaha not no cut in 20 years just not been to barbershop in 20+ years. Yes that would be some long shit. I just use to grab the electric clippers and buzz it down from time to time. Sometimes every couple months and sometimes every few years. It's been 4-5 years sonce I cut it and I'm having a hard time keeping it from going to dreadlocks. In fact it's about 1/2 dreads and 1/2 normal hair now. I never had the mountain man beard though. Whenever I let my facial hair grow out I get too itchy and it looks like I have a face full of pubic hair. Not a good look.
Donating hair is a great thing. And a great excuse for growing it and not having the boss mess with you. My grandmother survived breast cancer back in the 50's when there were few treatments for it and most were fatal. She was a strong woman.

We had mixed weather this weekend but I got to play 5 rounds of disc golf including a couple at 2 courses I hadent played before. They were both fairly long courses and I got a lot of exercise. Rufus got plenty of walks around the neighborhood and lots of attention.

Did you make time for your harvest? I hope it went well and your enjoying that fresh cut grass scent in your house. I love the smell of drying plants. Everything seems to be going well in my jungle. The girls are growing like crazy. I haven't gotten pics latley but I'll grab some and do an update soon.

I hope your long weekend went well and good times were had by all. I had an interesting meal this weekend and I'll make a post about it.

Fiddynut

I look like Clark Kent anymore its just too damn hot down here to be hippified lol.Mom came home yesterday afternoon after almost six weeks,I thought her Chihuahua's were going to savage her.Pretty funny dogs a bit on the emotional side
Good morning Floridian.

Yea long hair kind of sucks in the summer not sure how much longer I'll be able to hold off cutting it. Every time I'd buzz it down with the clippers it was like a relief. And I'd get out of the shower and it was dry immediately. The damn mop takes hours to dry now.

That's great news about your mom. I didn't know she had dogs I'm sure they missed her very much. Now I have this picture in my head of someone being "savaged" by chihuahuas and I can't help but crack a smile. I'm sure it will be good for her to be around them as well. Dogs are so special and are great for mental health and positive mental attitude. I'm sure she will appreciate getting off the hospital food and back to a normal diet as well.