What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Fiddynut

Feeling hungry?

Feeling hungry?

Greetings friends. Anyone feeling hungry? This challenge was impossible but I gave it my best shot. The sandwich was 4 half pound hamburger patties, cheese, 6 slices bacon, one pound each pulled pork, beef brisket, and BBQ turkey plus a chicken breast and a hand full of onion strings. And if that wasn't enough it comes with a pizza pan of fries, onion rings and potato chips plus a side of cole slaw, green beans, baked beans and Mac-n-cheese. And a big piece of cornbread to wash it down with. No wonder no one has ever finished it. I ate about half of what was in front of me and had leftovers for the weekend. Everything was delicious.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
wearing your hair long can be hot in the summer
plus i am active and dont like hair in my eyes
i had all kinds of hair bands and headbands i would wear and would often rock all these crazy "do's" on the weekend
mrsChicky was always such a sport about it

oh sh!t!!!!
that looks amazing,brother!
everything on that plate looks so good and its enough to feed the whole family!
and for $30, thats some real value right there
/plus the leftovers could take care of the munchies for another day!
looks like a legit burger joint too! not one of those chain places

kept so busy this weeeknd that i never did finish the trim
took the tops off and left the rest
the sample buds are drying nicely and i like what im tasting so far

glad to hear your mom is back home floridian
hang in there buddy and if you ever need to get stuff off your chest you know we are all here for you

Fiddynut

wearing your hair long can be hot in the summer
plus i am active and dont like hair in my eyes
i had all kinds of hair bands and headbands i would wear and would often rock all these crazy "do's" on the weekend
mrsChicky was always such a sport about it

oh sh!t!!!!
that looks amazing,brother!
everything on that plate looks so good and its enough to feed the whole family!
and for $30, thats some real value right there
/plus the leftovers could take care of the munchies for another day!
looks like a legit burger joint too! not one of those chain places

kept so busy this weeeknd that i never did finish the trim
took the tops off and left the rest
the sample buds are drying nicely and i like what im tasting so far

glad to hear your mom is back home floridian
hang in there buddy and if you ever need to get stuff off your chest you know we are all here for you
Good evening pop_rocks.

I'm with you on the hair in the eyes thing. I never can get use to that. It's a problem all day at work as I move around so much. In the past I've shaved it off when I got sick of it and I'm starting to feel like I might be doing that again soon. I may have to look into some headbands.

Yes all the meats on the burger were very tasty and sides too. It's a bar and restaurant you are right not a chain, they have a few bars around Milwaukee but they are local. I hadent been to the place before but saw the challenge on the sign out front. Once I read it on the menu I just had to try it. I was hungry after a couple rounds of disc. I'll be going back for food but probably not going to try the challenge again. They make it clear that they don't want someone ordering it to take home and feed the family with. I honored that by trying to eat everything and really stuffed myself. We figured that for 30 bucks the worst that could happen was that we had a bunch of BBQ for the next day. It was a good experience but I now know what my limits are and there is no way I can eat several pounds of meat, cheese and sides. Probably not good for my figure as well hahahah.

That's great your digging the new buds. I wonder if you could just let the lower buds dry on the plant and snip them off when just about dry. I hung the whole auto plants so not too diffrent than letting them dry right side up. Glad you had a good fun filled weekend. Time for me to go down and see how the lady's are doing.

packerfan79

Veteran
How did i miss this show. That is a hell of a burger. I prefer good local spots not a chili's, Applebees kinda guy

What's up pop rocks long time. Hope all is good on your end.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
snipped: a bunch of friendly banter

I wonder if you could just let the lower buds dry on the plant and snip them off when just about dry.

i think you can
i remember once hearing a story about the strain,(acapulco gold, i think) that said what they would do is strip the plant of leafs and let the buds dry on the stem while the plant was still standing
when i grew outdoors i would take down the plant in two stages
the first cut would be the showcase upper buds
i would then come back in a week or so and cut down the rest of the plant
i dont usually do this with my smaller plants grown indoors, but with the larger outdoor plants, it was worth it
i def notice a difference in color when i let the plant stand a bit and dry out
im still on the fence about the quality of the high but its not something i do all the time...

before you chop your locks, try a pony tail or headband look
it gets the hair out of your face when you need it and you can rock all kinds of crazy cool looks

good on ya' for sticking the the spirit of the challenge
i can tell you right now that there is no way im eating over five pounds of meat,plus cheese, plus a chicken breast and all the sides in one sitting
/add all that up, its like 7-10 lbs of food!
but i would give it a try!
shit looks grinding!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
whats up pack'fan!

if you enjoyed the burger you should check out this guys meat!
/fiddynut grinds up a mean sausage

im doing great and hope you and the lady are doing well
/thanks for asking,brother
so how is your set up doing, still doing the stadium thing
you should be a couple (??) cycles in by now and i bet you are really getting her dialed in
/pull up a chair and join in anytime

packerfan79

Veteran
whats up pack'fan!

im doing great and hope you and the lady are doing well
/thanks for asking,brother
so how is your set up doing, still doing the stadium thing
you should be a couple (??) cycles in by now and i bet you are really getting her dialed in
/pull up a chair and join in anytime

Stadium is in hibernation for the summer, just finished trimming a seed run in the small room, got some fire there. Yeah I got 2 runs in befor the heat came, first run ran 3 weeks long but I hit my goal 7 pounds, 2nd round got rushed into flower kinda small still pulled over 5. I have been stacking some awesome seeds to run next round come September, I will start popping the regular seeds, gems will be a few weeks behind them.

Still got the black triangle, but variety is the spice of life. So going to run cherry sunshine, pure ghost, Las Vegas triangle kush, black triangle, sour grapes, cobra lips may get a spot also.

Been making tons of hash and rosin. Going through a bunch of crazy shit right now so the stress level is off the charts, good thing I have mucho mota.

So I read you are cutting down. What are you working with?

Sorry for gunking up the thread fiddynut, I am going to have to check out the 50 pages I missed....

Fiddynut

How did i miss this show. That is a hell of a burger. I prefer good local spots not a chili's, Applebees kinda guy

What's up pop rocks long time. Hope all is good on your end.

packerfan79 said:
Stadium is in hibernation for the summer, just finished trimming a seed run in the small room, got some fire there. Yeah I got 2 runs in befor the heat came, first run ran 3 weeks long but I hit my goal 7 pounds, 2nd round got rushed into flower kinda small still pulled over 5. I have been stacking some awesome seeds to run next round come September, I will start popping the regular seeds, gems will be a few weeks behind them.

Still got the black triangle, but variety is the spice of life. So going to run cherry sunshine, pure ghost, Las Vegas triangle kush, black triangle, sour grapes, cobra lips may get a spot also.

Been making tons of hash and rosin. Going through a bunch of crazy shit right now so the stress level is off the charts, good thing I have mucho mota.

So I read you are cutting down. What are you working with?

Sorry for gunking up the thread fiddynut, I am going to have to check out the 50 pages I missed....

Good morning packerfan79.

Thanks for checking out my grow. I'm a cheesehead in my first year learning how to grow this great plant. I've learned a lot in my first few grows and have much more to learn. I just finished up some of bodhi's lemon wookie and I've got some gorilla bubble bx1f1 just over a week into flower right now.

Yes the chain places kind of suck. The locally owned places seem to do a better job and I'd rather support a local business anyway. Wisco is full of great local bars and restaurants so it's easy to find somewhere that is new and interesting.

I've seen you post in the gorilla bubble thread and the girls got skills thread but haven't checked out your grows. Sounds like I should have a look you seem to have good knowledge and successful grows. I learn a lot form seeing what others are doing.

Man a 7 pound run must be a lot of trimming but very rewarding when it's done. Looks like you did a great job and get to take the summer off. I'm with you on the variety being the spice of life and want to grow as many diffrent strains as possible. Even when I have some favorite moms I'm going to pop beans every couple runs to keep it fresh.

Don't worry about "gunking up the thread" at all bud. This thread is for all to enjoy and we talk about all kinds of stuff. We like to talk about food, dogs, recreation amongst other things and of course we talk about our plants too. You are welcome to post anything you like.

Thanks again for stoping by and I'm going to see if I can find any threads with your grows to check out...Fiddy.

packerfan79

Veteran
Checkout the 4k weed shed, my only real thread. Yeah I am not thrilled with trimming that much. At all it was a ton of work. I kinda dropped off posting when the first round finished. Sounds like you have good taste in breeders. I am a big fan of bodhi. I mixed it up for my next run. Got some pure ghost og and a freebie Las Vegas triangle kush, both fems from cannaventure , also got some sour grapes from BOG, also super excited to tr y these bodhis cherry sunshine. I have been at this for about 6 years, still much to learn. After 6 years it gets to be a lot like work so that's why I take the summer off, that and the fact that I live in a godforsaken desert and the wife freaks when the power bill approaches a grand. I have been thinking about doing a small run but the wife put her foot down. Lol I just have a couple mom's in a closet.

Fiddynut

i think you can
i remember once hearing a story about the strain,(acapulco gold, i think) that said what they would do is strip the plant of leafs and let the buds dry on the stem while the plant was still standing
when i grew outdoors i would take down the plant in two stages
the first cut would be the showcase upper buds
i would then come back in a week or so and cut down the rest of the plant
i dont usually do this with my smaller plants grown indoors, but with the larger outdoor plants, it was worth it
i def notice a difference in color when i let the plant stand a bit and dry out
im still on the fence about the quality of the high but its not something i do all the time...

before you chop your locks, try a pony tail or headband look
it gets the hair out of your face when you need it and you can rock all kinds of crazy cool looks

good on ya' for sticking the the spirit of the challenge
i can tell you right now that there is no way im eating over five pounds of meat,plus cheese, plus a chicken breast and all the sides in one sitting
/add all that up, its like 7-10 lbs of food!
but i would give it a try!
shit looks grinding!
Good morning pop_rocks.

I'd think the buds should be fine with the plant left standing. Maybe they would dry more slowly until all the moisture is out of the soil and branches.

That's interesting about the harvest method for the Acapulco gold. My wife's sister also harvests her outdoor in stages and diffrent parts of the plant at a time. It makes sense to let the lower buds have some extra time to finish. I think you are right that it's probably not worth it for indoor smaller plants.

Speaking of outdoor looks like the outdoor grow will be happening this year for sure. My friend is insisting on doing it and won't let me talk her out of it. I'm going to start her with some autos and probably move the 2 GBs that I'm not flowering out on this run over to her as well. If all goes well we have plenty of time for a second round of autos or a late photo grow. It's going to be a learning process for me. I'm glad we have talked in this thread about gorilla growing and you have given me some good info to use.

Yelp I usually rock the pony tail at work it helps keep the hair out of my face and eyes. In the winter I can just stuff it all in a hat too. A good headband would be nice for when I'm more active though. Now that hat I've got it this long I might as well rock the hippie look for a while.

I had to give the challenge my best shot. When we were asking about the rules the bar tender said they didn't use to let you take the leftovers with you to prevent someone from just ordering it to take a bunch of food home. I think they changed it to allow you to take home b cause too much food was being waisted. I'm looking forward to going back and trying some of their other menu items. They should have a wall of shame for the guys like me who couldn't do it.

pop_rocks said:

Thanks pop_ rocks your too kind. It's about time to make up a batch of brats. Summertime in wisco is brats on the grill season for sure.

Fiddynut

Checkout the 4k weed shed, my only real thread. Yeah I am not thrilled with trimming that much. At all it was a ton of work. I kinda dropped off posting when the first round finished. Sounds like you have good taste in breeders. I am a big fan of bodhi. I mixed it up for my next run. Got some pure ghost og and a freebie Las Vegas triangle kush, both fems from cannaventure , also got some sour grapes from BOG, also super excited to tr y these bodhis cherry sunshine. I have been at this for about 6 years, still much to learn. After 6 years it gets to be a lot like work so that's why I take the summer off, that and the fact that I live in a godforsaken desert and the wife freaks when the power bill approaches a grand. I have been thinking about doing a small run but the wife put her foot down. Lol I just have a couple mom's in a closet.
Good afternoon packerfan.

Your shed looks really nice. I can tell you aren't afrade to go big. Plants look healthy and happy too. Damn I think trimming 4 plants is a lot of work but over 100 your fingers must have been ready to fall off. I can see why you didn't have time to post while taking all those down.

Yes I've herd nothing but good things about bodhi's genetics. And anything with gg4 should be great so I'm giving the GBs a shot. To be honest before I started reading these forums I didn't know much about the diffrent strains and breeders. I still don't know much about most of them but I'm learning. I had mostly only heard of the classics like northern lights skunk 1 purple haze and the like. I love the old school roadkill skunk taste from the shit that would come around in the 90's and also the sours and diesels. Looking to find some favorites that fit that terp profile.

Have you had good luck with fems seeds? My first 2 grows were with calli connection fem seeds and I had hermies on both of them. They were my first grows so I made plenty of mistakes but it kind of turned me off to fem seeds. Ghost og and the triangle sound great. I've heard great things about BOG too. The cherry sunshine sounds great I may try to grab some next time I order from GLG. I recently tried some cherry (I think cherry og or cherry ak) that a budy had and it was tasty.

I'm still having a lot of fun learning and growing but I can see how it can become a chore. Some parts allredy are kind of a lot of work but it's worth it. I want to be able to take at least a couple months in the summer off so I can get out and go camping and socialize more. Living in the desert must be crazy. I bet you miss the nice Wisconsin winters hahaha just kidding.

packerfan79

Veteran
I am a native Californian, just have great taste in football teams. That being said I am looking to head north and east, when the wife finishes her degree. Haven't run fems before so we will see . Glg is my go to spot, everyorder I get tons of freebies. I have heard Cali connection is garbage, no personal experience though.

We are of like mind,apparently camping is my escape from the crappy real world. We are going next Friday can't freaking wait. Last year we went to the eastern sierras had an awesome time hoping for a great weekend in the mountains again. I love that fresh mountain air.

Floridian

Veteran
packerfan if you are interested in quality fem seeds you should check out Paradise seeds fem's I have grown out at least a half dozen or more strains and they are all real good quality.Their acid is the bomb and Nebula is just plain delicious and potent as hell.No freebies though,but you won't need any.If you're in the states and don't know about it,seeds here now will have them to you in 3 days and takes credit cards.I'm done scorin across the pond though gypsy has been a go to guy since the seeds direct days.Nothing is constant but change

packerfan79

Veteran
packerfan if you are interested in quality fem seeds you should check out Paradise seeds fem's I have grown out at least a half dozen or more strains and they are all real good quality.Their acid is the bomb and Nebula is just plain delicious and potent as hell.No freebies though,but you won't need any.If you're in the states and don't know about it,seeds here now will have them to you in 3 days and takes credit cards.I'm done scorin across the pond though gypsy has been a go to guy since the seeds direct days.Nothing is constant but change

Thank Floridian, but my seed stash is pretty extensive. Not like some of the guys here, but I will never be able to run all the seeds I have, especially with drag boats generosity with the freebies. I ordered 1 pack at Xmas time and got 4 packs of awesome freebies.

Floridian

Veteran
Now I'm jealous lol!Nothing like having what you need I always say,the only freebies that treated me right was the SK-1 gypsy was giving away a while back,they were actually authentic skunks.Not like the sensi skunk being advertised on the home page.Is it just me or does that look like something I never ever would want to grow lol.If that's a realistic pic of the strain there's either something wrong with my eyes or my head!Looks like a pile of trichome challeneged foxtails to me.Whenevr I look at it I shudder lol

Fiddynut

I am a native Californian, just have great taste in football teams. That being said I am looking to head north and east, when the wife finishes her degree. Haven't run fems before so we will see . Glg is my go to spot, everyorder I get tons of freebies. I have heard Cali connection is garbage, no personal experience though.

We are of like mind,apparently camping is my escape from the crappy real world. We are going next Friday can't freaking wait. Last year we went to the eastern sierras had an awesome time hoping for a great weekend in the mountains again. I love that fresh mountain air.
Good afternoon packerfan.

Sorry for the confusion I thought you were a cheesehead. Always nice to se another fan of Green Bay football.
Good luck on moving east and north. I've spent some time in the Idaho , Wyoming and Montana 3 corners area and the Tetons are beautiful. Not sure what the job market is there but the scenery dosent get much better.

Yep I love camping and getting up to my moms cabin in the northern part of the state. It's so peaceful and deserted. Last summer was my first that I really couldn't get away b cause I had plants to care for. Some of my friends think I'm becoming antisocial because I don't get out as much with the plants but what can I do. They aren't disappointed in the buds I smoke with them.

packerfan79

Veteran
Yeah it's hard when you have plants that need to be taken care of.we go to the mountains for new years eve every year and Las Vegas in Feb . It makes it hard , I don't trust people to handle it. I had my bro in law, tell me he would handle it one time, then I call to make sure. His response I can't now, but they,will be fine. Wtf he wasn't familiar with the situation. I had to make emergency calls to find someone to drive a couple towns over and get the keys and come back and water. I am looking to automate things for this next season.coco kicks ass with multiple feeds.

I really want to go off grid but it's not an option, I have an autistic son who is high functioning but has issues with communication, so solitude won't be good for him.

Fiddynut

Yeah it's hard when you have plants that need to be taken care of.we go to the mountains for new years eve every year and Las Vegas in Feb . It makes it hard , I don't trust people to handle it. I had my bro in law, tell me he would handle it one time, then I call to make sure. His response I can't now, but they,will be fine. Wtf he wasn't familiar with the situation. I had to make emergency calls to find someone to drive a couple towns over and get the keys and come back and water. I am looking to automate things for this next season.coco kicks ass with multiple feeds.

I really want to go off grid but it's not an option, I have an autistic son who is high functioning but has issues with communication, so solitude won't be good for him.
Yes I've seen some pretty nice setups here with coco and auto drip systems that can run themselves for a few days. I'd have a hard time trusting them while I was gone until they were up and running for a long time and proved to be reliable. I'm going to train my dad to do watering and some basic care in case I have to be away. My bro helps me with the plants but he usually goes up north with me so he's not around when I'm not. That sucks your brother in law crapped out on you, must be clueless about how much work goes into this and how easy it is to loose your harvest by killing your plants.

One of our good friends has an autistic son as well and I can see how much work it can be. Glad he is high functioning. It's such a frustrating condition. I hope the best for him.

Rodehazrd

Hey guys
I hate to hear the bad rap on swerve of cc I just started ten or his Larry's. They all cracked none above ground yet. I've grown his 818 a lot and have no complaints oh he says 800g square meter. I never saw over300. But we like it anyway.
In addition to that I cracked a fruity chronic juice and cotton candy cane.
I know Fiddy had Hermes on the cookies. But the Larry was seeded by cookies and they were fem the reg Larry I hope is clean . I hope to find some good in there. I'll be watching close for nanners.
My tubs are good for ten days when I water from top then fill the bottom one with another 3 gal. You lose a lot of headroom so it would be tight in a tent but it works well so far
Rodehazrd
I hope the rain stopped Fiddy and your well healed it's self.