What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Fiddynut

Sounds like a cool little vacation Fiddy,mom is 3 weeks in the hospital now and starting physical therapy.She's not in a good mood with this purree diet they've been feeding her.The poor kid is dying to come home.I keep telling her pretty soon mom what else can I say?Without being able to walk with a walker she just isn't ready yet.I never though being able to use a walker as being a godsend,but at this point it is.I cant handle her by myself the way she is now,hell I could barely do it before.Just getting her off the bed to the poddy chair a couple ft away was a chore.Growing old sucks ass and she doesn't deserve this shit,nobody does.They say glass inhibits about 10% of the usuable light I don't know about that,but it does kill some I'm sure.I'm sure you know Fiddy but its best never to mist the cuttings directly just keep the inside of the dome well misted.Humidity is everything I would mist the dome 4 or 5 times a day if I was around all day,which I normally was lol.Yea growing is a job.Pretty much full time and more for me.Especially trimming.Trimming,taking care of flowering plants,vegging plants and new clones kept me really busy trust me
Good morning Floridian.

I bet she is sick of the institutionalized hospital food (yuck). Maybe you can smuggle in a burger for her or something.
It sounds like she is healing up and will be back home in no time. She sounds like a tough woman and it's hard to keep her down. You are right walkers can be a great tool to help with mobility. No sense in rushing her home until she can get around safely though. Gotta get her moving again so that she can get around safely.
That 10% the glass takes from your light is what I've read as well. And I think that is really clean glass too. When it gets dusty I bet it robs a good bit more than that.
Yep even a couple tents are at least a part time job and more like full time during harvest. I'm looking forward to having just some plants to care for and being done trying to get the moisture right for cure.
Thanks for the reminder about misting the dome and not the clones themselves. I knew that but kind of forgot how important it was.

Fiddynut

whats happening fellas'

that is awesome that you are happy wiht the smoke so far
it will take a couple more weeks for it to reach its potential. but if your friend like it now, he will wow over it later
is this your first paid long weekend away, fiddy?
that is so cool that you were able to negotiate the time off and i hope you enjoy every minute of it!
so if your old lady is staying at home,who are you goign to the cabin with?
/ this is your familys' cabin you mentioned before isnt it?
that ride sounds like just the thing!
this past weekend was super rainy and cold plus mrsChicky is still on antibiotics so we just laid back and relaxed around the house
/ this includes a stoned battle wiht rising water on the back porch where i went out in sweat pants and slippers and "fought" rising "flood" waters with the push broom

keep us updated on this CMH idea!
ive read mixed reviews here and decided to stick wiht the good ol MH im used to but am really interested in your findings
they could be the next big thing in home growing
floridian is spot on re: the glass covers effect on your grow
it eats up a slight amount of light but also protects the bulb
it also providing a barrier between the reflector and the grow enviroment, so you can us an air cooled hood and place the light closer to the plants
like all things in life its a trade off
having seen bulbs burst from sprayed water first hand, i always use one in my grows

as far as the clones go, you can prob get away with not watering them for a couple days
just water them really well before you leave and then mist the inside of the dome
anotehr thing you could do is water heavily before leaving and place a wet sponge in the container to keep the air damp
as long as they are not dried out they should be fine and it will encourage the plants to throw roots in search of water

how muhc longer is your mom in the hospital, floridian?
i bet she is ready to go home and eat regular food
i guess we all take our health and mobility for granted, brother
all i can say is she is lucky to have you close by
keep taking good care of her
Good afternoon pop_rocks.

Yep I've only sampled a little bit but it's defenatly really stoney. A couple weeks and it should smooth out a bit. I've been reading that the wookie brings a laundry detergent or fabric softener flavor and the first sample of the frosty #1 has a good bit of it. It still has the lemon fuel but also like a fresh load of laundry coming out of the dryer. I'm not sure how much I like it but going to give it some cure time before I decide. The buds are fluffy but still lots of frost and very sticky. I had to stay on top of keeping my clippers clean during the trim.

Yep taking my first paid days off next week and hoping for nice weather. It will be relaxing no matter how the weather is. I hope I don't get too worried about my plants while I'm gone. Yep the wife works this weekend and will stay home. I was just going up to put the pier in but decided to take an extra couple days. It's my mom's place and she has a list of things she wants us to do while we are there. My bro will be there as well as mom and her husband so we will see what we can get done.

I hope Mrs. Chicky feels better soon. I remember you saying she was sick a couple weeks ago is it still the same or is she sick again? Maybe some chicken soup and rest will do her some good.

Sounds like you had some excitement with your battle with the flood water. That kind of stuff always happens when it's least convenient.

I've heard mostly good things about the CMH lights with a very few exceptions. I plan on adding a tent and the light in a few months and I'm looking at putting it in my 3x3 tent. I want to get a 4x4 for my 600w so the plants aren't so tightly packed against the sides of the tent.

If I can sex the rest of the GBs I'll take cuttings before I leave. I think my wife will be ok with misting the dome once a day. If they don't all show sex I'll wait until I get back. They still need their final repot and I was planning on another topping as well. I think I'm going to take a few inches off the top this time so they don't get too tall. The wet sponge sounds like a good idea. I don't have a trey yet so I'll be putting the rooters into styrofoam cups with perlite again and they hold moisture pretty well.

Rodehazrd

Hey Pop
thanks for the heads up warning on the open bullb. I saw one break from a flash bomb on top of the pa once in a gym. Sucker sprayed glass everywhere we ran around with free band t shirts for anyone upset. No one hurt but it was 35 feet up, you right there with it and that could sting. I may wash mine and put it back in and add another 1k to the room. I have 7x9 from wall to wall would two 1k hps be too much? I want to grow larger plants less of them.
I hear you on the trim work but don't really see it a that much work. I enjoy it and I get to keep it all. Those Chicamasa scissors are good if you dip them in water they barely gum up,
my 818 headband is without many upper leaves so I may be spoiled. seems the sativa leaners are easier to trim.
Was the Larry difficult? The one Bangi I grew had hardly any sugar either.

Floridian I agree sneak her in something she wants to eat. assuming its not going to hurt her stomach. Last thing you want is for her to stop eating.

Fiddy did the pipe stop leaking? You still plan to build a wall and ditch the tents?
Good luck wth the pier hope the motors all run.

Rodehazrd

Floridian

Veteran
Today I brought in chocolate marshmellow cookies and ice cold root beer.I remedied the stern look on the nurses faces by thanking them so much on nurse appreciation week!Who would have known lol,I heard it in passing on the news last night.These girls deserve a big thank you too they really do.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
no, its the same thing she had going a couple weeks ago
only it turned into a kidney infection
she has been takign antibiotics for the past 10 days and is doing so much better now
i also think she is kind of stressed from work right now so her recovery is taking a little longer
i tell her to slow down but she wont listen
/she is heading out to florida for a wedding this weekend so she refuses to take any additional time off work
at least she is eating again, but not like she usually does

that is awesome that you are using some of that time off!
sucks you wife could not join you but maybe she would enjoy having the house to herself for a few days?
/i love being the only one home

ahhahaha, fabric softeners?!?
thats somethign you dont hear a lot of
may be linaloo or another exotic terpene at work there
keep us posted on how she developes
/just like a fine wine or bourbon, weed changes as it ages

you are a great son, floridian!
marshmellow cookie and cold rootbeer would get anyones engine running!
im sure she will be abck to her old self in no time with the good care she is gettin

brilliant idea rhode!
it never occurred to me to wipe down the bulb
/i clean the glass cover whenever i change a bulb but i have never cleaned the bulb itself
to grow larger plants the best course is a larger root mass
added veg time and pruning early on will give you a much larger canopy
2k for a 7'x9' room does not sound like its going to be too much
what are you thinking here, going 2x2 plants or maybe a 2x3 spread?

Rodehazrd

Yeah I wash the bulb but I ment put the glass back too. Those things in gyms have screens for safety. I'm going back to the covered light when I finish this run.
I run the filter and light on one fan in summer that keeps the bulb cleaner I think. Filter the air first, that way I'm getting my cooling air from the ceiling, s o not cool air to start.
Right now I h ave two of the 30 gal tubs I'm thinking three with two plants each under the 1k for the fall I think that's about 6 x4 feet of netting. If I have a windfall ill add the second light I'm tempted to sell some to finance the light but being stocked up for 6 months is nice and cured a couple months well that's just a wonderful new eve n t for me and there is that rule no shows,sells,tells.
Any idea on a covert stash anyone

Yea root beer and cookies you rock Floridian
And I bet those nurses privately commend your efforts .
Rodehazrd

Ps those nurses eat cookies too.

Last edited:

Fiddynut

Hey Pop
thanks for the heads up warning on the open bullb. I saw one break from a flash bomb on top of the pa once in a gym. Sucker sprayed glass everywhere we ran around with free band t shirts for anyone upset. No one hurt but it was 35 feet up, you right there with it and that could sting. I may wash mine and put it back in and add another 1k to the room. I have 7x9 from wall to wall would two 1k hps be too much? I want to grow larger plants less of them.
I hear you on the trim work but don't really see it a that much work. I enjoy it and I get to keep it all. Those Chicamasa scissors are good if you dip them in water they barely gum up,
my 818 headband is without many upper leaves so I may be spoiled. seems the sativa leaners are easier to trim.
Was the Larry difficult? The one Bangi I grew had hardly any sugar either.

Floridian I agree sneak her in something she wants to eat. assuming its not going to hurt her stomach. Last thing you want is for her to stop eating.

Fiddy did the pipe stop leaking? You still plan to build a wall and ditch the tents?
Good luck wth the pier hope the motors all run.

Rodehazrd

Rodehazrd said:
Yeah I wash the bulb but I ment put the glass back too. Those things in gyms have screens for safety. I'm going back to the covered light when I finish this run.
I run the filter and light on one fan in summer that keeps the bulb cleaner I think. Filter the air first, that way I'm getting my cooling air from the ceiling, s o not cool air to start.
Right now I h ave two of the 30 gal tubs I'm thinking three with two plants each under the 1k for the fall I think that's about 6 x4 feet of netting. If I have a windfall ill add the second light I'm tempted to sell some to finance the light but being stocked up for 6 months is nice and cured a couple months well that's just a wonderful new eve n t for me and there is that rule no shows,sells,tells.
Any idea on a covert stash anyone

Yea root beer and cookies you rock Floridian
And I bet those nurses privately commend your efforts .
Rodehazrd

Ps those nurses eat cookies too.

Good morning Rodehazrd.

Two lights sounds great for that size room and I think you could even use 3 if you were going to pack it wall to wall. I think bigger plants would be perfect since you have the head room for them to stretch a bit. 2 plants per 30 gal tub should give them some room to build a great root mass.

The trimming has been more work this run for sure. I remember the Larry's being easer to trim but a lot of those didn't really get trimmed because they went into the hash pile leaves and seeds and all. These LW's were super leafy and the fluffy buds made it more work too. To be honest I didn't even do a very thorough job of trimming them. The sugar leaves are so covered in trichs that I left some of them on. I still have to order me up a set of those chickamasa trimmers.

The well pipe is still dripping and I'm still holding out some hope that the ground will dry out and it will stop. It's been dry for a few days but we had like 28 days of rain in April out of the 30 days of the month so not sure if it's just still saturated. It seemed to drip a little more when we were getting rain and slows a bit when it starts to dry up a bit. Not sure if that means it has anything to do with the rain or not though. I have a lake a few hundred feet away from the front and the water level is not too many feet below whare my front door is so I think it's a high water table here. Just have to wait and see if it slows down when we get a dry spell.

As far as building in grow spaces it's on my list but may have to wait a while. It's busy season at work and I want to get out of the house and play this summer a bit. Plus I'm really lazy. Im thinking its a winter project for next year.

I'm waiting for a windfall to get the CMH light too. I'd love to grow enough to have a 6 month stash and have time to give everything a long cure before smoking it. Also interested in getting a little return on investment and covering operating costs by getting rid of a little bit here and there. My buddy who grows locally sells just enough to cover costs. He said most growers he knows who got popped were caught selling it not growing it. Don't get greedy and only deal with people you know really well is best advise I've herd. Sometimes that means you need to discount it a bit so that everyone gets a nice piece of the pie and is happy. Your rules are good and in a perfect world you could follow them but sometimes rules are made to be broken. Just be carful.

Fiddynut

Today I brought in chocolate marshmellow cookies and ice cold root beer.I remedied the stern look on the nurses faces by thanking them so much on nurse appreciation week!Who would have known lol,I heard it in passing on the news last night.These girls deserve a big thank you too they really do.
Good afternoon Floridian.

Nice work on the cookies and root beer. A little something familiar like that can really cheer someone up. Kind of a little bit of normal in an abnormal environment. I bet she really appreciated that. She is lucky to have you for a son.

Great work smooth talking the nurses. Like Rode' says they have to understand that a little treat is ok once in a while. My wife works in a hospital with nurses all day and gets along well with most of them, but some have a bit of an attitude of being high and mighty. I think you are right they deserve a lot of thanks and have a tough job but do it well. I believe most people in health care are good people who do all they can to help. The problem is that they have to work in the system. It's the system that sucks not the people who work in it.

Glad to hear you were able to bring a little joy to your mom and it sounds like she is making progress. Keep up the great work...Fiddy.

Fiddynut

no, its the same thing she had going a couple weeks ago
only it turned into a kidney infection
she has been takign antibiotics for the past 10 days and is doing so much better now
i also think she is kind of stressed from work right now so her recovery is taking a little longer
i tell her to slow down but she wont listen
/she is heading out to florida for a wedding this weekend so she refuses to take any additional time off work
at least she is eating again, but not like she usually does

that is awesome that you are using some of that time off!
sucks you wife could not join you but maybe she would enjoy having the house to herself for a few days?
/i love being the only one home

ahhahaha, fabric softeners?!?
thats somethign you dont hear a lot of
may be linaloo or another exotic terpene at work there
keep us posted on how she developes
/just like a fine wine or bourbon, weed changes as it ages

you are a great son, floridian!
marshmellow cookie and cold rootbeer would get anyones engine running!
im sure she will be abck to her old self in no time with the good care she is gettin

brilliant idea rhode!
it never occurred to me to wipe down the bulb
/i clean the glass cover whenever i change a bulb but i have never cleaned the bulb itself
to grow larger plants the best course is a larger root mass
added veg time and pruning early on will give you a much larger canopy
2k for a 7'x9' room does not sound like its going to be too much
what are you thinking here, going 2x2 plants or maybe a 2x3 spread?
Good morning pop_rocks.
Aww man two weeks is way too long to be sick. And this time of year too. That sucks. You are right being stressed dosent help you heal any faster. I'm glad to hear she is feeling better and I hope she is 100% for her trip and the wedding. She has to be stoked to see some of her friends and to get out of town for the wedding. That should give you a nice quiet weekend too. Once her appetite comes back you'll know she is all healed.

I can't wait to get away this weekend. Still not sure about how the weather is going to treat me but not going to worry about it. Weather frorcasts are very inaccurate in these parts unless you want to get an idea of how it's going to be tomorrow. Anything more that 36 hours is a guess and likely to change. Even if I have to spend the first day doing projects for mom I can still enjoy Monday and Tuesday and chill. I think I should have all my harvest in the cure zone by the time I leave. The 2-4 plants are just about there and the #1 is getting closer. Still only 2 GBs showing sex so I'll probably wait until I get back to take cuttings.
The wife will be fine having the house to herself. She will have the dog to keep her company. Looks like she is going to take a week and go to 'bama to visit her sister next month so I'll have the house to myself for that trip. Party time hahaha!

Yep when I first heard about the detergent or fabric softener scent and taste I didn't think much of it. I also didn't smell it while they were growing and not until chop. It's going to be interesting to see how it tastes in a few weeks. Again not sure if I like it or not but time will tell.

I wipe down my lense and bulb every grow. I always put in my MH bulb for the first couple weeks of flower and wipe everything down when I put the HPS in. A little windex and let it dry completely before installing. Can't wait to see how a new high quality bulb affects my next flower cycle.

Fiddynut

Quick update and pics

Quick update and pics

Greetings friends.

Not a lot to update but it's been a while so going to do a quick one. The 2 GBs that were stunted never really recovered and I decided that they wouldn't be anything worth flowering out so I tossed them. Out of the 5 left 2 are lady's for sure. The other 3 are being stubborn and not showing enough yet. They are getting big already and I have a lot to do with them before flipping to 12/12. I want to take clones from them as soon as I know they are lady's. I also have one more transplant to do once I've got rid of the males. Planning on a second topping to get back up cuts after the flip. Not sure if I'll be able to get all this done before they get too big. I don't know fen know how long they have been veging at this point. I may need some advise on keeping them from outgrowing my tent depending on how much the topping slows them down.
Here they are looking happy.

Unfortunately I had a small tragedy a couple nights ago. I dropped and broke my favorite pipe. It's one that I've had a long time (about 20 years) and I'm very fond of. I've got a lot of other pieces but this one was special to me. Time to get a new favorite I guess.

Floridian

Veteran
Damn Fiddy I hate to lose my favorite anything,bummer for sure.Not to bring up the obvious but you have a good magnifying glass right?Its got to be a matter of days now they are looking sexable if you know what I mean.Using a good magnifying glass normally cut a week or more compared to bare eyed for me.I bet you get lucky lobster claws show early!

Fiddynut

Damn Fiddy I hate to lose my favorite anything,bummer for sure.Not to bring up the obvious but you have a good magnifying glass right?Its got to be a matter of days now they are looking sexable if you know what I mean.Using a good magnifying glass normally cut a week or more compared to bare eyed for me.I bet you get lucky lobster claws show early!
Good afternoon Floridian.

Yep I'm kind of bummed about the piece. No use crying over spilled milk though and time for a new Sherlock.

I have a couple choices of magnifiers but find thet the 10x loupe is best for sexing. I have a 30x I use to look at trichomes but it's too hard to aim it at the node and hold it steady enough to see anything. The plants look big enough to be showing and the two that are showing already have those tiny hairs on them. The other three it just looks like branching coming from the node or new leaf growth. I'm still getting the hang of this and I'll be looking again closely tonight. Maybe you are right and they will all be girls, if males show early then that may be because the 2 that have shown are very girly.

So if I do have 4 or 5 girls I'll have to figure out what to do with all of them. I really don't want to pack any more than 3 into the tent. Unless I left them in the pots they are in and flowered that way to keep them smaller. But that would be asking for rootbound plants in 2-21/2 gallon pots to flower. I could take cuttings from the ones I don't grow and grow them next time. I guess I'll worry about that if I get all girls.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
That sucks about the pipe, man
She looked like a beauty too!
You know it’s a treasured piece when you give her a name

Im sure you will have a great weekend at the cabin rain or shine
Its turned cool and rainy here
Im glad I didn’t put away the winter gear

You should be able to grow them big in a thirty gallon tub, rode
That is something I haven’t done in soil, (growing multiple plants in a single container)
No show, no tell, no sell is s solid rule
We have all sold smoke in the past for one reason or another
I agree with fiddy about only selling to people you know very well
Also, don’t let them know where you are getting it from
Its one thing for them to think you are sitting on some weed but its different if they know you are growing
What I would do is look for a very reliable middle man and try and only deal with him
Cut him a deal but make sure he knows not to tell who he is getting it from
Be safe brother and trust your instincts
I would rather be broke and safe than sorry

Fiddynut

That sucks about the pipe, man
She looked like a beauty too!
You know it’s a treasured piece when you give her a name

Im sure you will have a great weekend at the cabin rain or shine
Its turned cool and rainy here
Im glad I didn’t put away the winter gear

You should be able to grow them big in a thirty gallon tub, rode
That is something I haven’t done in soil, (growing multiple plants in a single container)
No show, no tell, no sell is s solid rule
We have all sold smoke in the past for one reason or another
I agree with fiddy about only selling to people you know very well
Also, don’t let them know where you are getting it from
Its one thing for them to think you are sitting on some weed but its different if they know you are growing
What I would do is look for a very reliable middle man and try and only deal with him
Cut him a deal but make sure he knows not to tell who he is getting it from
Be safe brother and trust your instincts
I would rather be broke and safe than sorry
Good morning pop_rocks.

Yes a treasured piece for sure. Felt so right in the hand and so familiar. Time to find a new favorite.

Looking forward to the weekend for sure. I gave the GBs a light watering this morning and they should be ready for a nice drenching right before I leave. Looking like I have a third plant showing its female. If I can confirm I'll get the cuts from the 3 Girls and those will be the 3 that I'll flower this cycle. If one or both of the other plants are girls I'll keep them as moms and get cuts for the next cycle. I think that is the best way to go. I really need to get the cuts this week so I can get them transplanted when I get back from vacation. Need to get them flowering soon.

I'm wondering what is cool for you guys this time of year? We are still in the 40's overnight and in the mornings. We got rain again yesterday after a few day break but it's been raining most days for the last 6 weeks. Not really normal for this area. The farm fields are like little lakes and the farmers can't get any work done or any planting.

For me it's a tough decision weather to sell any buds or not. Part of why I started growing is so that I can have good smoke without having to buy in quantity and get rid of some. On the other hand I don't make a lot of money at my job and can really improve my lifestyle with a little extra cash. I think I've decided to strike a balance and just get rid of a little here and there to cover expenses and put just a couple bucks on the pocket from time to time. Like you mentioned I have a reliable middle man that can get rid of it for me so I only deal with him. I give him an extra good deal so there is plenty to go around and we're all happy. If I'm going to keep upgrading my equipment and supplies and genetics and such I need to get a little back to help cover that. Trust your gut and be carful is best advise.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
spring temps here range from the mid 50's to the low 80's
the other week we were towards the upper end, with lows in the 60's and a few days getting up to the 80's
it felt like freakin summer and i was all decked out in shorts and tshirts, wearing flip flops right up till bed time
this past week its been in the 60's and the nights get cloder, maybe down to the mid 50's if i had to guess
im not sure how cool it got but it was good sleeping weather
it looks like things are getting back to normal now, temps should be in the 70's today and the rain has passed
i guess its all relative when i say cold and wintery but when im wearing socks in the house it feels like winter

the plants are loving it and are throwing off some nice colors
i will prob be taking down a few next week and the rest around the end of the month

i totally understand how hard it can be deciding weather to sell or not
because im not really growing much now i feel like each plant is special
but who dosent like a little extra money,especially when it helps to offset your costs
having someone you can trust is key to being safe and not sorry
give the person great deals but let them know you want to remain anonymous
even if they are selling to people you know, those people dont need to know you grew it
the more layers between your garden and the people buying the better

so when are you heading out to the cabin?
mrsChicky is catching a flight mid day tomorrow and wont be back until monday
we are going out to eat tonight and then i wont see her again until i get home from work on monday
i have a nice piece of meat im going to lay on the grill this weekend but other than that im jsut going to sit around the house and enjoy being alone

Fiddynut

spring temps here range from the mid 50's to the low 80's
the other week we were towards the upper end, with lows in the 60's and a few days getting up to the 80's
it felt like freakin summer and i was all decked out in shorts and tshirts, wearing flip flops right up till bed time
this past week its been in the 60's and the nights get cloder, maybe down to the mid 50's if i had to guess
im not sure how cool it got but it was good sleeping weather
it looks like things are getting back to normal now, temps should be in the 70's today and the rain has passed
i guess its all relative when i say cold and wintery but when im wearing socks in the house it feels like winter

the plants are loving it and are throwing off some nice colors
i will prob be taking down a few next week and the rest around the end of the month

i totally understand how hard it can be deciding weather to sell or not
because im not really growing much now i feel like each plant is special
but who dosent like a little extra money,especially when it helps to offset your costs
having someone you can trust is key to being safe and not sorry
give the person great deals but let them know you want to remain anonymous
even if they are selling to people you know, those people dont need to know you grew it
the more layers between your garden and the people buying the better

so when are you heading out to the cabin?
mrsChicky is catching a flight mid day tomorrow and wont be back until monday
we are going out to eat tonight and then i wont see her again until i get home from work on monday
i have a nice piece of meat im going to lay on the grill this weekend but other than that im jsut going to sit around the house and enjoy being alone

I could see 50's feeling a bit chilly especially if you get some days in the 80's. We are settling into days in the high 60's and low 70's and it's starting to stay a bit warmer at night so not too far off from SoCal weather up here in the north. I'm looking forward to some shorts weather but enjoying the cooler spring for now. As we get into summer it gets plenty hot with a good bit of humidity as well. The bugs get bad here when it gets warm as well as long as there is rain. I didn't miss the lack of mosquitos when we lived in Cali. I know what you mean by good sleeping weather.

I love the fall colors on the plants I've seen a lot of pics of such nice purples and reds. Good luck with your harvest. I hope you find something special in the dog treats. It's amazing that plants can have such a different smell and taste after harvest than they did when alive.

Looks like the forcast is for nice weather the next few days. As usual there is a slight chance of scattered rain for a couple days but that usually means it will be mostly nice outside. If I have to dodge a few rain drops so be it. Nothing new about that.
I'm going to head up Sunday morning I think. I work Saturday and Sunday is going to be a working day up there so I may as well get up early and hit the road. On Monday I might ride into the UP of Michigan. It's only about 40 miles north of whare I'm going to be and its is really beautiful and rugged up there. Very few people live there and there are moose herds and huge forests.

Sounds like some piece and quiet for you this weekend. I hope you enjoy it and get some relaxing done. Big hunk of meat on the grill and maybe some cocktails sound great. I'll be doing some grilling too. Have a great time this weekend and enjoy some you time. Time for me to do an update.

Fiddynut

Update and pics.

Update and pics.

Greetings friends.

There have been some new developments in the jungle so time to do an update. Last night I confirmed that GB#3 is a girl so I took cuttings this morning. I'm still using styrofoam cups with vermiculite to hold the rooter plugs. It'd kind of ghetto but it works well. I took an extra couple nodes off the plants to keep them short and even their hights out some and I think it's going to work out well. The timing isn't great since I'll be gone for a couple days this weekend into early next week but my wife agreed to mist the dome for me a couple times a day while I'm gone. She was a little reluctant to do it because I can tell she dosent like the plants much. Since she dosent smoke she sees them as a possible danger with no up side for her. Lucky for me she is cool and understands how much they mean to me.

The other 2 GBs were topped as well to keep them uniform since they are under the same light. I'm not going to flower them this time so I don't care how long they take to show sex. If one or both are girls I'll take cuttings and grow them out the next cycle.

They will all get a good watering and a nice feeding with PBP grow before I leave on Sunday. I will transplant them next week when I get back in town. I want to take back up cuttings from them in a couple weeks but have to start feeding them to avoid future deficiencies. I think I can just lay off the feelings for a week before taking the cuttings.

Here are the 3 lady's that will go to into the flower tent in a couple weeks or less. Looking nice and healthy to me.

The cuttings.

And a group shot of them. The tent gets full quickly.

When I leave on Sunday it will be the first time I've left my plants for more than a day or so. Let's hope I don't worry about them too much while I'm gone. That's it for the update. I hope everyone is healthy and had a great week and you're weekends are good...Fiddy

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
plants are looking nice, fiddy
like the cups with the rr'cubes
have you tried that method before?
i just leave the bare rooter in the humidity dome and wait for roots but your way will give you a larger root mass to start with
i tihnk it was packersfan70' i saw do it that way
he dident even use the rooter cube, just filled the cup with coco and stuck the cut straight into the medium
one think you could do is use a clear cup and place it into a colored cup
the colored cup will keep the light away from the roots but the clear cup will let you watch them develope

that sounds awesome and i hope you enjoy your long weekend!
are you taking mon/tue off?
that sounds like a great time and im sure there will be plenty of time to ahve fun after getting the work done
ive never been to michigan but it sounds like my kind of place!
im texting wiht the mrs right now
she is on a beach in miami
/im asking her to find me a sharks tooth or some neat shells
sounds like she is having a blast and she is bringing back a couple cuban sandwiches!!
even a day old those things are the bomb

hope you all are having a great weekend

Fiddynut

plants are looking nice, fiddy
like the cups with the rr'cubes
have you tried that method before?
i just leave the bare rooter in the humidity dome and wait for roots but your way will give you a larger root mass to start with
i tihnk it was packersfan70' i saw do it that way
he dident even use the rooter cube, just filled the cup with coco and stuck the cut straight into the medium
one think you could do is use a clear cup and place it into a colored cup
the colored cup will keep the light away from the roots but the clear cup will let you watch them develope

that sounds awesome and i hope you enjoy your long weekend!
are you taking mon/tue off?
that sounds like a great time and im sure there will be plenty of time to ahve fun after getting the work done
ive never been to michigan but it sounds like my kind of place!
im texting wiht the mrs right now
she is on a beach in miami
/im asking her to find me a sharks tooth or some neat shells
sounds like she is having a blast and she is bringing back a couple cuban sandwiches!!
even a day old those things are the bomb

hope you all are having a great weekend

I got the idea of using the cups last time I took cuts. The rooter plugs don't like to stand up by themselves so I had put some toothpicks in them to help but it didn't work that great. So the idea came to me to put some vermiculite in a cut down cup with plenty of drain holes in the bottom. It worked last time so I'm going with it.

I've seen variations with cups of coco and soil that people use for cloning and say it works well. I've also seen kind of a mini hempy bucket style with cups and just perlite whare the bottom of the cup holds water and it gets wicked up bu the media. So many ways to get results everyone has their own style. I still want to try cloning in a cup of plain water as it seem like the simplest method and many have great results doing it that way.

I've seen a lot of people start seeds in a clear cup of soil inside a colored cup. Makes it easy to pull the clear cup out and have a look at the roots to know when to do the first transplant.

I have Monday Tuesday and Wednesday off so looking forward to a nice bit of relaxing. Latest forcast is for 70 on Sunday and mid 70's for the first part of the week. 50% chance of thunderstorms on Tuesday so we will see how that works out for the ride home.

Northern Wisconsin and upper Michigan are beautiful. Huge national forests and lots of lakes and rivers for those of us who like to swim. Kind of like Yosemite without the mountains.

I hope the Mrs is enjoying the beach. I bet it's hot already in Miami. When we would go to Florida with the family when I was a kid we use to go to a beach in Venice that had millions of sharks teeth to be found. I'd always come home with a bag of them.

I'm with you on the Cuban sandwich. Love em. Ham, pork loin, mustard, pickles, and Swiss cheese is how I like them.

I hope your weekend is off to a good start. I'll try to check in from the north woods if I can find any internet....Fiddy.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
yeah there is something about a good cuban sandwich
we tried making them once ourselves witha hot brick but it just wasnt the same
they have a similar sandwich here called media noche thats the same stuff but not toasted

as long as your water is airated you can root in plain water
i made my first cloner box with a fish tank pump and air stone
you can also build a mister box that actually works really well too
the misters allow more air to get to the roots with out drying out
but i like using the simple rooter cubes now that i only take a few cuts at a time
i flip the cubes over so that the wide part is at the bottom, if i dont put them into a tray

hope you have a great time at the cabin and it sounds like next week is going to be a great week for you!
two day work weeks are where its at, esp when those two days are thursday and friday

Latest posts

Latest posts