What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happein p'man! hope you are doing well brother
so how have things been with the kids back to school?
have you had any covid scares yet? how about the mask situation?
the boys college has gone entirely online so he decided to move back instead of paying for dorm room
glad you and the mrs got to spend a nice night just the two of you and i hope you two had fun
there are so many great places around silverwood lake outside of the lake itself from what we saw that would be great for a nice moonlight drive or to park and just chill
you cant go wrong with a good tri tip and i hope everyone had a great time
i doubt we are going to see better times and less unrest before the elections
there seems to be so many different factions taking advantage of the situation and causing trouble
unfortunately, there is no united message from the protesters and the signal to noise ratio is off the charts
stay safe my man and enjoy the rest of your summer
/this is the best time of year in socal!

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
Happy Monday!
I hope y'all had a great weekend. I had a relaxing weekend myself but had time to play some disc golf on Saturday after work. On Sunday I had a nice mountain bike ride and went to the bunker bar to see Earthmother play some live music. I'm really looking forward to getting this week over with because I've got some time off coming up starting on friday.

@Packerfan. Thanks brother! The plants seem extra happy this round. Maybe it's the longer veg they got and the extra root mass of something.
I hope you find a great spot for your long weekend!
A tri tip sounds great. I use to grill them up all the time when I lived in the bay area but I can never find them around here for some reason.

@pop_rocks. Thanks for the kind words! These will go about 9 weeks. I put my rooted cuts of the gorilla bubble in soil this morning so they should be ready by the time the CL's are done and might push them out of the flower tent a little early. I'll worry about that in a few weeks.
I'm glad the girl is doing well and everything went smoothly at the dentist office. I waited way too long to have mine done but it still went pretty well.
The whole defending your self and property is a tricky thing. I absolutely believe you should be able to do whatever it takes to defend yourself and your property but should you be able to defend someone else's property? The kid in Kenosha came from a town across the border in Illinois. Under the ideal circumstances it seems reasonable that we should be able to help out others with securing their property. There are a lo of facts that we don't know about the case but it does seem like bringing a gun to a protest isn't the best idea. On the other hand it looks like the 3 people he shot were all criminals and at least two of them were attacking him. It's going to be interesting to see the facts come out when this case goes to cort. One positive is that since Tuesday night things have been peaceful. One thing that doesn't sit well with me is the baseball, basketball, and football teams that cancelled games out of "solidarity" with the protesters. If you wanted to make a difference to down to Kenosha and clean up some of the mess and graffiti or play a game in someone's honor. Just staying home from work for a day or more isn't a statement to me.
the show was a lot of fun and one of the highlights was when they played "staying alive"! You don't hear jam bands cover disco songs very often.
Here is a pic of the tank and the attack chopper at the bunker bar!

packerfan79

Veteran
happein p'man! hope you are doing well brother
so how have things been with the kids back to school?
have you had any covid scares yet? how about the mask situation?
the boys college has gone entirely online so he decided to move back instead of paying for dorm room
glad you and the mrs got to spend a nice night just the two of you and i hope you two had fun
there are so many great places around silverwood lake outside of the lake itself from what we saw that would be great for a nice moonlight drive or to park and just chill
you cant go wrong with a good tri tip and i hope everyone had a great time
i doubt we are going to see better times and less unrest before the elections
there seems to be so many different factions taking advantage of the situation and causing trouble
unfortunately, there is no united message from the protesters and the signal to noise ratio is off the charts
stay safe my man and enjoy the rest of your summer
/this is the best time of year in socal!

Hey Pop Rocks,

I got sick back in April, didn't get tested dr said it probably wasn't Covid19. Other than that, no scares. I wear a mask when I go out in public. Otherwise I try to keep my distance at work.

Kids are adjusting well. The wife has started her master's last week.

It was really nice to get out.

Can't wait to get out to the lake. I saw a ton of lights around the lake. With nothing open, fishing is one of the few things you can do.

I agree nothing will change, and if the election goes the "wrong " way it's really going to get really bad.

That sucks for the boy. Kinda ruins the going off to college fun, when you never leave the dorm.

@Fiddynuts, I hope everything settles down there in the land of beer and cheese. I just can't understand how destroying your own neighborhoods helps stop bad cops. If anything the cops will be more aggressive, with more crime, and danger.

Sounds like you guys are getting back to normal, with the bars open. I am super bummed, me and the wife were supposed to go to a concert this weekend, canceled of course. On the bright side, ticket hub gave me 120% of the value on credit. I just worry they go out of business, before I can use the credit.

I am just about done with all professional sports. I love my Packers, but the shit is getting out of hand.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening guys!hope everyone had a great weekend

the whole shooting at the protest thing is kind of crazy to me, i heard the kid was only like 17 and his mom drove him to the protest?
/please correct me if im wrong
in one video i saw he was definitely acting in self defense, when a guy with a hand gun ran up to him while he was one the ground
but what happened before that im not too sure; they say he had just shot someone
now im hearing a trump supporter was shot
are these things going to get more violent to the point people show up armed?
also defending yourself goes out the window when you are instigating a fight but i guess we will have to wait for more facts to some out
thats great that you got to enjoy the show and its awesome they played a disco song during their set
how is the food at this place? what do you guys usually drink there?
/like is there a classic wisco beer? here in san diego we have at least a half dozen world class breweries (and dozens more so so ones); the beer game is very strong
that is a bad ass piece of flying machine and it must be cool to check out the things they have on site
sounds like a fun bar!

it was the boys idea to move back and stay home this semester
if he is going to school online there is no reason to hang around campus and he is saving a ton of money
schools here in san diego opened today but i hear amost are still online
in some ways i feel bad for a lot of the kids and parents who cant be home all day and facilitate their childs education
hope you enjoy the fishing and hook up with some big ones

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
I hope the week is going well and moving along for everyone. Just a couple more days until a nice long weekend and a few extra days off for me. I've only taken a couple days off all summer up until now and I need a break.

@Packerfan. I hear you buddy. People are stabbing their own backs when they trash the citys. They turn a lot of people away from their cause when they act like little kids. Just like throwing bricks and stuff at cops isn't a good way to.get them to join your cause of leave you alone.I get the anger but being pissed doesn't give you the right to thrash someone else's property.
Things are more or less getting back to normal depending on where your at around here. In Milwaukee and dane (madison) county many bars and other places of gathering are still closed and they are enforcing the mask policy. But once you get out of the city's most places are open and you don't see a lot of people tripping about masks.
It totally sucks that we are going to miss all of the bigger music acts this year. I had over a thousand bucks out there and it took plenty of time for ticketmaster to get me my cash back.
These professional athletes are getting to be bigger baby's every year it seems!

@pop_rocks. For sure there are no need for guns at a protest and bringing them is just asking for trouble. If anything it puts the cops on the defensive and gives them a reason to be more defensive.
Yes the kid that shot the three people a week ago was only 17. Not sure how he got up to Kenosha but he lives across the border in Illinois. He was part of a group of people that said they were pro police and trying to help local business owners with the looters. In the video it looked to me like he was alone during the shooting so not sure where the rest of his group went. Other than that there are a lot of facts that we don't know so I'm waiting for those to come out before making judgments. Oddly the three he shot all had some pretty long criminal records if the reports are right including pedophile and kidnapping.
It was weird to hear the disco song but everyone knows stayn alive and it was a hit with the fans. The bunker has good burgers and fries and stuff like that. I usually have a beer or two and then switch to vodka and seltzer.
Milwaukee has always been a huge beer town. Miller, Schlitz, Pabst and many other national favorite are all from here. Milwaukee has had the largest population of German people outside of Germany and they all brought their beer recipes with them. We have had micro brewery beer here way before it got popular. I bet there are over 100 good small breweries here and a lot of them are very good. Some of my favorites are New Glarus, Sprecher, and lakefront brewery. I had a really good beer from San Diego a few weeks ago but I forgot the name of the brewery, it was an IPA called jucy swell or something like that.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
no your kind of place, huh art?
i think it looks cool and would enjoy checking it out

yeah Milwaukee is a classic beer town, wasnt that where laverne and shirley from?
the micro brew scene here is really popular but im not a big fan of most places
we have a friend who brews his own beer and he makes a great variety or styles
the last one he gave us was a pilsner with a full flavor but super crisp and light
i think too many of the micro brews here in san diego over hop their beers and our friend says its often to cover up bad beer
i wish you remember the name of that beer company, a few really good ones here are stone, ballast point and green flash
ballast point was bought out by a big brewer but their sculpin is still pretty good for an ipa andhtey have some nice dark beers
thats crazy that the people who were shot might have had criminal records
i can only hope for the country and wish one day we can all come together again as americans
got any plans for the long weekend coming up brother?

Fiddynut

Professional sports for millions of dollars and that idea for young kids all over, is just as stupid as having a rifle at a military bar for auction :tiphat: :peace:
You are talking about protests like you do not agree or have understanding. I'm protesting that bunker place, here online, on its looks alone :2c:

[youtubeif]BLNDqxrUUwQ[/youtubeif]
https://www.cc.com/video-clips/7nno...rontline----clayton-bigsby-pt--1---uncensored
Good afternoon art.
So it was a rifle they had for auction a few weeks ago when I was there but last weekend it was a combat shotgun. You sound like you've been in the place.
I believe I have as much of an understanding of the protests as someone who has my life experience can have and I support the protesters in this case. In fact I support everyone's right to protest whatever they want to because we should all be able to stand up for what we believe in.

Fiddynut

no your kind of place, huh art?
i think it looks cool and would enjoy checking it out

yeah Milwaukee is a classic beer town, wasnt that where laverne and shirley from?
the micro brew scene here is really popular but im not a big fan of most places
we have a friend who brews his own beer and he makes a great variety or styles
the last one he gave us was a pilsner with a full flavor but super crisp and light
i think too many of the micro brews here in san diego over hop their beers and our friend says its often to cover up bad beer
i wish you remember the name of that beer company, a few really good ones here are stone, ballast point and green flash
ballast point was bought out by a big brewer but their sculpin is still pretty good for an ipa andhtey have some nice dark beers
thats crazy that the people who were shot might have had criminal records
i can only hope for the country and wish one day we can all come together again as americans
got any plans for the long weekend coming up brother?

Good afternoon pop_rocks.
Yep, Laverne and Shirley was based in Milwaukee as was Happy Days while That 70's Show was based in Kenosha which is about half an hour south of milwaukee. The beer business was huge in the 1800's here. A lot of places in town are still named after the old breweries like the Pabst theater.
That beer I had a while back was from stone brewing and it was called stone ripper IPA. It was pretty hoppy, but in a good way. I'm not to into the super bitter hoppy beers either. That full flavor pilsner sounds great.
My aunt and uncle use to own a home brew shop back in the 90's and have brewed a lot of beer over the years but not lately. Id like to give it a try sometime but I'm busy enough right now. Ever fall I tell myself I'm gong to make some hard cider with all the apples we have here but I never get around to it.
I'm totally with you on needing to come together in order to make progress, if not as Americans than at least as humans. But people seem so happy to pick sides and fight with one another that it's going to take a lot for that to happen. We can only hope.
I've got some plans for the weekend including getting some relaxation in and some live music but more on that later.
Happy hump day brother!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
wait what? they auction off guns at this bar too?!
oh man, i would totally go there and enjoy myself
was the shotgun they had a benelli? if i ever go out that way i will be sure to bring my check book (does anyone even use those now days?)
first round is on me my friend
your aunt and uncle must have some fun stories to tell about home brewing
that sounds like fun owning a home brew shop
we tried home brewing once but its a lot of work cleaning bottles and a lot of waiting
they even had a place where you could go and brew with their recipes and then come back later to pick up your beers
stone beer is pretty popular across the us, good full flavor beer with nice punch
hope you are having a great week and it only gets better from here!

Fiddynut

wait what? they auction off guns at this bar too?!
oh man, i would totally go there and enjoy myself
was the shotgun they had a benelli? if i ever go out that way i will be sure to bring my check book (does anyone even use those now days?)
first round is on me my friend
your aunt and uncle must have some fun stories to tell about home brewing
that sounds like fun owning a home brew shop
we tried home brewing once but its a lot of work cleaning bottles and a lot of waiting
they even had a place where you could go and brew with their recipes and then come back later to pick up your beers
stone beer is pretty popular across the us, good full flavor beer with nice punch
hope you are having a great week and it only gets better from here!

Good afternoon pop_rocks.
They do have a gun auction at the bunker. It's a different gun every time I've been there so I'm thinking it's a monthly auction. Last time I was there it was an ak47 style rifle but on Sunday it was a Kel Tec ks7 12 gauge shotgun. I think that benelli makes some really nice high end shotguns. I've never been a hunter but have spent plenty of time blasting pop cans and paper targets since I was a young kid. My gramps always had a 22 cal target pistol that we use to shoot up north by the cabin.
My aunt and uncle did love the home brew business but it never caught on with the public enough to have a steady business to make a good living with. I suspect that's because it's a lot of work as you mentioned. You have to take the sterilization really seriously or you end up with really bad beer. There was a little brewery here that had classes where they would set you up with all the equipment and teach you how to brew beer like the one you mention. They would even bottle it for you when it was ready. It's a great idea but still probably too small of a market to make a living doing it.
Do you have anything exciting planned for the weekend?
Anything fun on the menu?
How are your plants doing? It's been a while since we've seen them.
I hope your having a great week too and let's get the work over with and get to party time brother!

Rodehazrd

Hello folks
Well it's PM season here on the ridge I can see it on some of the briars but not on the girls yet
I'm spraying green clean at half oz per gal and removed any leaves touching buds on pineapple express. It's been flowering since mid July. Working on the others that got topped and are dense leaves . when they all get their haircuts I'll put up some pix.
@art
I don't like seeing assault weapons in civilian hands anywhere. It's a shitty hunting rifle and most of the ammo is too powerful for most locations. If you need personal protection the reasonable choice would be a Judge or a Snake Slayer.
Now a good skeet gun I would buy a chance and show up. We had a church raffle a gun each Sunday for attendance first week he did a shotgun had 50. Second week 9mm full church. That's your old time religion in KY. So a bar doing it seems normal In these times.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happeing guys! hope everyone is ready for a nice long weekend

you are so right about how im long overdue for pics!
i kind of got down with so many males but the plants are doing well

here is the big lady,cherry rider

picture.php

View image in gallery

i guess if i had to do it over again i would have topped her at least once, but i wanted to see how she would grow out on her own
there is a lot of stretch but i think thats because of the moderate light levels she gets
otherwise she is filling in nice and we might pick her in the next couple weeks

here is the late arrival and she is doing a little better
smaller but has nice coverage

and here is the group shot of the two

its been another fun year but im kind of disappointed about all the males
i will have to start earlier next year and see about getting more female plants in my friend yard
we also are talking about using larger containers to get bigger plants and possibly doing some pollen chucking
.22 are fun and the ammo is cheap so they are great for plinking
i have a few ny strip steaks im going to lay on the grill this weekend plus ive been craving enchilladas so we will prob go out to our favorite mexican place and get some take out
other than that im just going to enjoy every bite and spend the time with the mrs
there has been a really nice full moon the past couple nights and the walks have been really nice
/we notice a lot more people out at night lately
how about you my friend? whats on the menu for this weekend?
are you guys hitting up the water anytime soon

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
yeah they are nice fat bulbs! firm and really pungent
its really elongated but i think that is because of the lower light the top gets later in the day because of the shade
how is your jungle

packerfan79

Veteran
Looking great Pop Rocks,

I started my long weekend lastnight. Went fishing, caught a nice Stripped bass, and had a nice trip, if you know what I mean.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
awesome p'man!
with the full moon and nice temps at night this would be a great time to enjoy
how are you cooking up that fish?

packerfan79

Veteran
awesome p'man!
with the full moon and nice temps at night this would be a great time to enjoy
how are you cooking up that fish?

It was a great night. Tripped balls for about 4 hours. The moon was crazy, the reflection off the lake was very interesting. I catch and release, silverwood has some issues with toxic algea. The weather was perfect. I was amazed how many people were there, I found a nice beachy cove, that I had all to myself. As I was leaving a group of older folks were hiking in. They were struggling, I hope they were able to make it out. It took me 30 minutes to hike in. 45 to hike out, some pretty wicked hills.

I hope you guys have a great long weekend.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i read about the toxic algea and avoided the water when i was there, but i would also be sketched about the fish too
/there are times when you dont eat shellfish because of toxins in the water

you have a great weekend too brother!

Latest posts

Latest posts