What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
its been way too long since ive posted and i hope everyone i kicking off their fall on a great note!
the garden looks great and it sounds like you have a good rotation going
are you guys hosting your halloween party this year? i know you guys really enjoy the holiday and i hope the covid doesnt put a damper on you fun
i took down the cherry rider, a nice plant with good sugar and a fun smoke
ill get some pics up here soon

hope eveyone is enjoying the change in seasons
cherish the ones you love

Fiddynut

its been way too long since ive posted and i hope everyone i kicking off their fall on a great note!
the garden looks great and it sounds like you have a good rotation going
are you guys hosting your halloween party this year? i know you guys really enjoy the holiday and i hope the covid doesnt put a damper on you fun
i took down the cherry rider, a nice plant with good sugar and a fun smoke
ill get some pics up here soon

hope eveyone is enjoying the change in seasons
cherish the ones you love

Good afternoon pop_rocks.
It's been a while since I posted as well but its been a nice break too. I usually spend most of my lunch hour reading posts and responding and posting. Its always nice to change things up a bit.
The garden has been a lot of work lately. Between harvesting the cobra lips, to all pot up and flipping the gorilla bubble and taking care of the moms and new seedlings I've been spending a lot of time down there. Its a labor of love but sometimes I love it more than others.
My wife asked all the usual party goers if they wanted to attend a party this year and many responded that they probably wouldn't come this year due to the virus. My wife is bummed because she looks forward to putting the party on all year. But she is still decorating the house and yard and is looking forward to passing out candy to trick or treeters! For me its kind of nice to have the night free. Because of the party I never get to go out for a night on the town and the party is a lot of work. This year I will let someone else do the work and ill get to party it up. Two of my favorite local bands are playing at bars in the area that night and I'm thrilled to be able to go.
I'm glad your happy with your cherry rider and I hope you got a nice stash of bud to keep you in good shape for a long while!
The change in seasons is always abrupt in these parts. Last week it was quite cool and rainy every day in the 50's. We had a hard freeze yesterday morning and it got down into the 20's. Today its sunny and in the 70's so we are getting plenty of nice days too. As it dries out here I need to get as much mountain biking in as I can before the snow flys!
I hope everyone is having a great week!

smokingpeat

It's been a while since I posted as well but its been a nice break too. I usually spend most of my lunch hour reading posts and responding and posting. Its always nice to change things up a bit.
The garden has been a lot of work lately. Between harvesting the cobra lips, to all pot up and flipping the gorilla bubble and taking care of the moms and new seedlings I've been spending a lot of time down there. Its a labor of love but sometimes I love it more than others.
My wife asked all the usual party goers if they wanted to attend a party this year and many responded that they probably wouldn't come this year due to the virus. My wife is bummed because she looks forward to putting the party on all year. But she is still decorating the house and yard and is looking forward to passing out candy to trick or treeters! For me its kind of nice to have the night free. Because of the party I never get to go out for a night on the town and the party is a lot of work. This year I will let someone else do the work and ill get to party it up. Two of my favorite local bands are playing at bars in the area that night and I'm thrilled to be able to go.
I'm glad your happy with your cherry rider and I hope you got a nice stash of bud to keep you in good shape for a long while!
The change in seasons is always abrupt in these parts. Last week it was quite cool and rainy every day in the 50's. We had a hard freeze yesterday morning and it got down into the 20's. Today its sunny and in the 70's so we are getting plenty of nice days too. As it dries out here I need to get as much mountain biking in as I can before the snow flys!
I hope everyone is having a great week!

Hey fiddynut! I’m a new grower (just germinated first round of seeds this weekend) and after my intro post somebody mentioned you as a fellow dead head and just general guy I should say hi to. What are your favorite local bands?!? Anyway nice to meet you and glad you’ll be partying this year. My wife is turning the house into a enchanted candy forest for the one guaranteed trick or treater we will have this year. A couple rounds of Mario kart, too much candy, and a couple of raspberry diesel joints for the ah-dults sound like a decent Halloween this year Wish I could go see some good music though!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
who the fuck is this guy?^
its smokingpete from the new members thread! i saw his post today and thought he would enjoy checking out the jungle
/he mentioned he is a new grower and i know we can all help him going in the right direction
sounds like you guys really enjoy the holidays too! that is awesome you guys decorate and go all out
welcome again man

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
if its heat you want we got it fiddy
its been in the 80-90 along the coast and it stays warm into the nights
we just got back from a night ride and it was beautiful outside
what are the new seeds you are cracking into? (sorry if you mentioned them and im spacing it)
the cherry rider was a nice plant and i wish i got more girls in the last run
/p'fan said there was some fire in that mix
i hope you guys enjoy your night no matter what you do but its still fun to decorate and get into the spirit of the holidays
enjoy every minute of it brother and give eggo a big head rub

packerfan79

Veteran
What's up jungle mates,

Been pretty quiet around here.

Hey smoking peat, hangout, this is a way cool thread with a wide variety of discussions.

@ Fiddynuts, sounds like you are chugging along nicely in the grow. I am a week and a half from harvest. I got gelato and og33, along with a couple frosted cherry cookies. Should be ready to flip same day as harvest. Next round is LA kush cake and wedding cake. Wedding cake is my current favorite strain.

@ Pop Rocks, glad you like the cherry rider. Does it have any cherry flavor? I have run a bunch of cherry strains, still haven't found that sweet cherry flavor I am looking for. I had a terpenado (bodhi) that was straight strawberry kwik, I didn't keep clones.

I am certainly enjoying the cooler evenings.

I went fishing a few weeks back, and ate some boomers, it was a really nice night, full moon, had an awesome trip.

I was going to take a couple days off to take the kids fishing, but they weren't doing their school work, so they are grounded. Which unfortunately means no fun for me.

Probably for the best, my boss is out sick for the next 14 days, so I am slammed at work now. On the bright side I got another raise. I have increased my wages by 50 % in 2 and a half years.

We are planning to play a bunch of games and scavenger hunt, bbq, and a night of scary movies for Halloween.

Unfortunately our new years tradition is no longer. Our friends sold their cabin, and rentals start a 500 a night, to rich for my blood.

I hope everyone is having a great week.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening p'man? hope you are enjoying the change to fall; the cooler night are really nice
so far the cherry rider does not have any cherry flavor but im going to let it cure another week or so before i make up my mind on it
i took it down about three weeks ago, trimmed it up and got it in a container but so far ive only sampled the lower buds
that sucks about the kids not doing their school work, but you have to keep on them
its especially tough right now with the covid and all the problems the state is having opening/closing/ then reopening places
hopefully they will get into a routine and get back on track
that sounds like a fun night and a great time to go on a mystical journey
thats great news about your job brother! you must be doing really well
its going to be weird this halloween but i am already starting to see decorations popping up around the neighborhood
cant wait for a nice night walk so i can check it all out

Fiddynut

Greetings friends!
I hope everyone is having a great week. I had a day off yesterday and it was absolutely beautiful outside so I spent as much time as I could out there mountain biking and playing disc golf, we even took Eggo to the dog park to play with the other dogs!

@smokingpeat. Greetings and welcome! It feels.like it was just yesterday that I was popping my first seeds and starting the journey of becoming a grower. Its an exciting time but also can be frustrating too. The best thing I learned is not to overreact and to take good notes and keep a good journal and learn from mistakes. In time you will get to know what your plants like and what they don't like. And most importantly have fun.
I love many kinds of music but I have a special place in my heart for the music of the grateful dead. So many life lessons can be learned by listening to their music and much growth can be achieved by applying those lessons to life. There are about 8 or so local dead cover bands here in SE Wisconsin and my favorite one (and the one that's been around for the longest) is Boney Fingers. I'm also a big fan of Dark Star Orchestra and JRAD for nationally touring tribute bands.
It sounds like your wife and mine share a love of Halloween decorations. My only worry is that my wife might eventually have enough haloween decorations that ill have two get a bigger house to store them in the off season.
I hope that the music scene returns sooner rather than later. For some of us its our form of religion and we need to see live music with our brothers and sisters. To dance with each other and pass a joint. We need this for our sanity. I feel luck that I've been able to see a few small local shows this summer but we need the national touring scene back sooner rather than later.

@pop_rocks. Heybuddy ! Good thinking the jungle can always use some new members. Smokingpeat sounds like a cool guy and I look forward to seeing his grows. He might b teaching us a thing.or two soon.
Its been really nice here this week. Sunny and 70-80 degrees all week. Plus the fall colors are close to peak here and its just beautiful. Ill post up some pics I took while riding at Alpine Valley yesterday as soon as I get time.
A few weeks ago I popped 3 lemon wookie and 3 chem91Xsnow lotus seeds and ill be cloning any lady's I get a couple runs from now. They are both bodhi strains I've grown in the past but quite a ways back and I think I can do a better job with them this time. They are the last of my seed stash and are getting to be a few years old so I might as well see what they got in them!
The wife has been decorating for a couple weeks already and the outside part is just about done. I just have to help her set up the lighting and were all set.
Eggo got a nice play date at the dog park yesterday and we are taking home tomorrow as well so he is a happy and tired boy.

@Packerfan. Those sound like some great strains and I hope you get pure fire there. Isn't It a great feeling to have your timing right and be able to harvest one run and flip the next same day?
That's a bummer about your kids school work. They sound like me when I was young. But seriously its tough for kids to get a real education with all this remote learning and until in person classes start back up its a struggle for everyone. All the patients I know are having issues with their kids learning.
That is great news about work and you deserve every penny and more buddy. Keep up the great work!

Here are a coup!e pics from my mountain bike ride a couple days ago. The fall colors are getting close to peak and the riding was great. The trails here at Alpine Valley will be closing soon because they criss cross the ski hill and they start making g snow as soon as the temps drop into the 20's.

This last one is from up on the hill. The significance of this one is the back side of the Alpine Valley Music Theater in the distance. Many people have seen the music theater from the front and the dead played here 20 times in the 1980's. The hill I took this photo from is also where the helicopter carrying stevie ray vaughan crashed killing all on board.

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
oh wow man, that looks like a fun place; where are the trails you ride on?
i saw petes' intro and when he mentioned the dead i thought about you brother
you are so right about how new growers have a lot to offer and i hope he sticks around
its nice to have someone you can talk to about your grow, trouble shooting problems and just keeping motivated
im totally digging the change in seasons but it looks like the heat is back on for next week
post up some pics of the decorations if you get a chance!
im seeing more and more decorations outside and i hope people dont let covid ruin this holiday
time to get spooky friends!

Fiddynut

oh wow man, that looks like a fun place; where are the trails you ride on?
i saw petes' intro and when he mentioned the dead i thought about you brother
you are so right about how new growers have a lot to offer and i hope he sticks around
its nice to have someone you can talk to about your grow, trouble shooting problems and just keeping motivated
im totally digging the change in seasons but it looks like the heat is back on for next week
post up some pics of the decorations if you get a chance!
im seeing more and more decorations outside and i hope people dont let covid ruin this holiday
time to get spooky friends!

Those pictures are from Alpine Valley resort. They have the ski hill and golf course as well as a hotel and conference center. They also happen to have some of the best single track in the area and for 20 bucks a year anyone can ride there. The ski hill and golf course are the real business there and the trails are just for fun. Right next door is Alpine Valley music theater. They use to be owned by the same people who own the resort but the music theater got sold off years ago. Alpine Valley music theater is the second largest natural amphitheater in the country and was a stop for the grateful dead on summer tours in the 1980's. Its where I had my first dead lot experience when I was in my early teens. Anyone who toured with the dead in the 80's has stories about alpine Valley and many have a lot of fond memories.
Its always fun and interesting to see a new grower finding their way. I hope that smokingpeat is finding his way and maybe he has a thread of his grow.
I feel like I made a rookie mistake when I transplanted my seedlings a few days ago. I packed the soil into the pot instead of just poring it in and now its hydrophobic and won't hold much water. I won't make that mistake again I hope.
I will get some pics of the decorations soon and post them up. I also made a couple of rotisserie chickens on the Webber kettle on Sunday that were really good. I took a couple pics of them and ill post them too. If the weather holds I will try to get some more shots of the beautiful fall colors here as well.
I hope you had a great weekend and your week is off to a good start!

packerfan79

Veteran
Those pictures are from Alpine Valley resort. They have the ski hill and golf course as well as a hotel and conference center. They also happen to have some of the best single track in the area and for 20 bucks a year anyone can ride there. The ski hill and golf course are the real business there and the trails are just for fun. Right next door is Alpine Valley music theater. They use to be owned by the same people who own the resort but the music theater got sold off years ago. Alpine Valley music theater is the second largest natural amphitheater in the country and was a stop for the grateful dead on summer tours in the 1980's. Its where I had my first dead lot experience when I was in my early teens. Anyone who toured with the dead in the 80's has stories about alpine Valley and many have a lot of fond memories.
Its always fun and interesting to see a new grower finding their way. I hope that smokingpeat is finding his way and maybe he has a thread of his grow.
I feel like I made a rookie mistake when I transplanted my seedlings a few days ago. I packed the soil into the pot instead of just poring it in and now its hydrophobic and won't hold much water. I won't make that mistake again I hope.
I will get some pics of the decorations soon and post them up. I also made a couple of rotisserie chickens on the Webber kettle on Sunday that were really good. I took a couple pics of them and ill post them too. If the weather holds I will try to get some more shots of the beautiful fall colors here as well.
I hope you had a great weekend and your week is off to a good start!

Hey Fiddynuts
Try filling up the saucer with water, they will absorb the water slowly. I have had the same issue before. It's a pain but it should work itself out.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that place sounds rad! can you ride the lifts to the top or is it hike a bike
they have an amphitheater there too? this sounds like a fun place
it was warm today but it was that dry heat so it wasnt that bad
this week is supposed to get warm but it cools down nice at night
i hope you guys get into the spirit and decorate for the holiday
it stays dark in the mornings and you can tell the seasons are changing here
even with the time change it will definitely be fall

smokingpeat

Definitely going to be sticking around. Seeing the dead in the 80s must have been amazing, especially in such a beautiful mountain setting. Is red rocks the biggest outdoor amphitheater I wonder? The wife and I were in Denver a month or so ago and managed to sneak out to catch a sunrise at red rocks. Super beautiful. Would love to see a great show there one day. Maybe Tedeschi Trucks Band. I think they play there a couple times a year. The grow is going ok. Feeling a little like i oscillate between thinking I’m over watering vs underwatering, and worrying a lot about killing these seedlings. So far they are all alive and looking nice and green except for one weird one that is just straight up lime green. A couple people I talked to said it’s probably just hungry but I don’t think so as none of the others are having any issues getting nutrients. Should probably start a grow thread and post some pics. Doing something like this the first time is an exercise in overthinking for me I think.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
whats happening peat'
glad to see you back and i know you will enjoy this thread

"So far they are all alive and looking nice and green except for one weird one that is just straight up lime green. A couple people I talked to said it’s probably just hungry but I don’t think so as none of the others are having any issues getting nutrients. "

i agree with your thinking
at this stage you should not have to feed your plants anything so im with you on its a genetic thing
where did you get he seeds from? are they all the same
post up a link when you start your thread and be sure to keep us up to date on how thing are going

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club

sorry i missed this the first time around f'nut
that sucks but sometimes you can squeeze the sides of the container to sort of plump the soil up a bit
if nothing else it will create some separation between the medium and container until you can repot the plant
cant wait to see your decorations, saw this house the other night while walking that went all out
im planning on walking by the cul de sac that has the halloween haunted house; i dont think they will be hosting the event this year but they will probably still decorate their yard

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
Happy Wednesday!

@Packerfan. Hey buddy thanks for the tip. That's pretty much what I've been doing. I've been watering to like 200% runoff and then letting them suck up that water and nutes. It seems to be getting a little better every time I water them and Ill be potting them up pretty soon. I know that those peat based soils can get acidic when they dry out too much and I can tell my roots aren't super happy by the lighter color of the leaves. But I upped the feed and the color seems to be better every day too, at least the new growth. I just have to get them old enough to see the sex and then ill be cloning the lady's and trashing the seed plants anyway. I hope you and your fam are well and your garden is rocking!

@pop_rocks. No way I'm riding a lift to the top and missing out on all of that peddling. That's cheating LOL! There is a ski hill here that does downhill and you get to ride the chairs up. But I ride a hard tail and downhill would kill that bike quick. Plus I like xc riding.
Yes the amphitheater is a great venue and I've seen a lot of shows there over the years. The dead, phish, Dave Mathews, dead and corp, and a lot of rock and metal fests over the years have gone down there. Its about half way between Milwaukee and Chicago so it gets plenty of use.
We are headed for a big cool down after today but it looks like it should stay dry for us rest of week.
Fall is in full swing here and I'm sure it won't be long before we get our first snow.
I still habe to get pics of the decorations and ill post them as soon as I can.
I hope all is well with you and keep kicking g ass brother!

@smokingpeat. The scene in the 80's was indescribable, especially at alpine. Its my home venue so I'm partial but it made a lifer out of me from the first time I hit the lot. Alpine Valley is much bigger than red rocks. The dead had to stop playing red rocks because they out grew it in the early 80's. I think red rocks holds like 9,000 people and AV holds 30k+. I hope to see JARAD at red rocks maybe next summer. Tedeschi trucks would be awesome there as well.
If you want to start a grow journal I'd encourage that. I think it helped me stay focused and helped me learn a lot. Feel free post up pics here in the jungle thread if you like. When people can see your plants they are more likely to give advise and feedback. I know what your saying about over water vs under water, I judge my moisture level by the weight of me pots, something someone told me early on that's worked ever since. I hope all is well with you and your p!ants are happy and healthy!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i hear you about earning your turns and wanting to peddle to the top of that hill
i just dident see any trails leading up in that pic
definitely post up some pics of your halloween decorations of you can
the cherry rider is just about done and ill be tapping into the tops here soon!
hope you are having a great day brother and ready for fall

smokingpeat

Took everyone’s advice and started a grow diary. Thanks for the encouragement and feel free to pop by and see some pics of the seedlings. I hope everyone is doing well and staying positive! Looked at some pictures of the Alpine venue and let’s just say it’s going on the list of places to be when the rona calms down. What a beautiful setting to enjoy some good music in. I’ve been trying to remind myself to pick up the solo cups each time I water/ check them to start getting familiar with what they feel like at different times. Thanks for the tip. Funny Fiddy mentioned packing the soil and having problems. Read somewhere that seedlings don’t like voids in the growing medium so I REALLY packed the soil in there LOL. You live and you learn I guess. Been squeezing the side of my cups to try to loosen stuff up.