What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Fiddynut

was lurking and scrolling through seen primus and penis envy. primus is awesome and i got rocked on pe's before damn those things are powerful. im a frequent flyer. lennon claypool is good stuff to

Good afternoon big315smooth.
Welcome brother. I just found my cd collection from the 90's and I've got "sailing the seas of cheese" in my car CD player right now. I'm also really digging some of Claypool's other projects, like bucket of Bernie brains. I'm looking forward to seeing the delirium for the first time and eating some of the pe's. Thanks for stoping by our little jungle.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
hello dudes ya im gonna check out the delirium in august think flaming lips opening its gonna be fun. i will be stopping by this thread more often always looking to learn more and help out. have a great weekend guys.

Fiddynut

i hear you about wanting the job done right and its hard to find a shop you can work with sometimes
thats a good point about showing up yourself, that way you can get eyes on whats happening around the place
those plans look awesome man and i bet they smell great
is this soething new finishing under adifferewnt light?
how do you think that went
be sure to keep us updated on your other adventures, sounds like the boys all have some experience in this area
i hope you have a great weekend and enjoy your show
that sounds like a fun night of good music

my man smooth!
stick around brother, this is a good group of guys and im sure you will fit right in
lots of fun and we learna lot from eachother

Good afternoon pop_rocks.
I have a feeling that I'm going to have to fix my bike myself but I'll give them a chance. To be honest my bike dosent need anything and I'm starting to wonder if they were full of shit about my chain. Either way I should just do for myself. The whole reason I'm a mechanic is that I wanted to learn to fix my own stuff and was good enough at it to do it for a living.
Thanks for the compliment on the girls. 2 of them smell great but the other one dosent smell at all and I'm a little worried that it might be a cardboard pheno. Maybe that wil change after the chop and cure. I'm excited about the 2 that smell really good though. Lack of space and being curious about finishing under blue light forced me to finish them under the t5's. They went 7-8 weeks under HPS and we will see how they finish under floro's. I'll keep you posted.
Really looking forward to the show on Monday but not a blizzard tomorrow if it really happens. My beds are full of flowers and the trees, including my magnolia tree are just blooming and a bunch of wet snow could really be a mess. If we get all the snow they are talking about it could easily bring down power lines and I could loose my grow lights for a while.
I hope your week is finishing off nicley and you are all set for an awesome weekend brother!

Fiddynut

hello dudes ya im gonna check out the delirium in august think flaming lips opening its gonna be fun. i will be stopping by this thread more often always looking to learn more and help out. have a great weekend guys.
Sounds good brother! All are welcome and feel free to post about whatever you like here. We talk food, entertainment and even about growing weed sometimes LOL. Do you have any threads or grow journals going? I'd like to learn about your methods and grow style.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening f'nut!
im sure you could do all the work on the bike yourself if you really wanted to
a simple tune up is nothing to a guys like you and im sure even more involved procedures would not be too hard with your background
the only thing is you might need a few special tools in addition to what you have, but if you are going to work on your bike yourself from now on, they would more than pay for themselves
some shops will also rent you tools and things like this make great gifts for birthdays and christmas as well
ive heard blue spectrum of light has more uv but i am not sure if its enough to really make a difference
ive had the nosmell plants before and they can be really hit and miss
most of them ended up in the has pile or simmering in a pot to make eatables but a few were worth smoking
i hope things arent as bad as the weather people say and you dont lose power this weekend
when are you heading out to the show?
have a great weekend brother and be sure to tell all of us about the fun you have!

yeah smooth, fiddy is right and i hope you can contribute to the thread
we talk about anything and everything here man,so feel free to add in whatever you want
food, football, fun; you name it, we talk about it all
hope to see you around brother

Fiddynut

happening f'nut!
im sure you could do all the work on the bike yourself if you really wanted to
a simple tune up is nothing to a guys like you and im sure even more involved procedures would not be too hard with your background
the only thing is you might need a few special tools in addition to what you have, but if you are going to work on your bike yourself from now on, they would more than pay for themselves
some shops will also rent you tools and things like this make great gifts for birthdays and christmas as well
ive heard blue spectrum of light has more uv but i am not sure if its enough to really make a difference
ive had the nosmell plants before and they can be really hit and miss
most of them ended up in the has pile or simmering in a pot to make eatables but a few were worth smoking
i hope things arent as bad as the weather people say and you dont lose power this weekend
when are you heading out to the show?
have a great weekend brother and be sure to tell all of us about the fun you have!

yeah smooth, fiddy is right and i hope you can contribute to the thread
we talk about anything and everything here man,so feel free to add in whatever you want
food, football, fun; you name it, we talk about it all
hope to see you around brother

Good morning pop_rocks.
So I went to the bike shop yesterday and found that my bike was all done. I never got a call or email but they did a nice job on her. True up the wheels and everything. Lubed, adjusted, tubeless and ready for a season of thrashing. It's rainy today but I hope to ride her soon. Not having to worry about the bike is nice and I only missed a couple days of the trails being open last week so next time they open its on. I still will learn how to do my own work on her in the future and get whatever special tools I need. Except truing wheels, I don't true wheels, not even on motorcycles.
So far the plants seem to be finishing under the t5's pretty well. I'm really debating getting a MH bulb for finishing under my normal 600W. I chopped the one cookie wreck X LBL that was ready this morning and I'm looking forward to a sample in a few days. She was the smallest and least budded of the three and I doubt she'll yeild even 2 jars but she was pretty and had a lot of frost on her. The other 2 have much bigger colas and should give me some decent yeild. The no smell one might just end up I the hash pile like you mentioned.
The snow was much less than predicted and didn't really hurt any trees or flowers in my yard. I'm glad we didn't get a bunch of wet, heavy snow it wouldn't have been good. We got some a couple weeks ago and I lost power for a few hours. Because of timing my girls in flower only lost a couple hours of light that day but the ones in veg lost about 5 hours. Didn't seem to bother than at all. All the snow melter on Sunday so it was too wet to do any outside fun like disc golf.
It's a rainy day and I've got some traveling to do. We are heading out at about 3 today after my bro gets off work. It's around 200 miles to where the concert is tonight and looks like rain the whole way. Doors open at 7 and show starts at 8. Should be a great time and then a long drive home and work in the morning. I'll get some pics and let y'all know how the show was tomorrow.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
pics would be epic friend!
it sounds like you have a long night ahead of you but the concert sounds like its going to be fun as hell
you are living the life there fiddy and i cant wait to hear about the show
thats weird that they dident contact you when your bike was done
you would think they would but it sounds like they did good work so maybe its not so bad a shop; maybe proced with caution and give them another chance
but grab a copy of zen and the art of mountain bike maintenance and im sure you can do most of the work yourself
oh, did they say anything about maintaining the tubeless? how about fixing a flat
i hear you about no one wanting to true wheels themselves and a good wheel person is like gold
/i just let em hula a bit and hope the next time i wreck it bends them back in the right direction
//right now the wheels look pretty straight
sometimes the little ones produce the best smoke,you said she was frosty and hopefully she smells good
cant wait to hear how she smokes

rock and roll brother!

Fiddynut

pics would be epic friend!
it sounds like you have a long night ahead of you but the concert sounds like its going to be fun as hell
you are living the life there fiddy and i cant wait to hear about the show
thats weird that they dident contact you when your bike was done
you would think they would but it sounds like they did good work so maybe its not so bad a shop; maybe proced with caution and give them another chance
but grab a copy of zen and the art of mountain bike maintenance and im sure you can do most of the work yourself
oh, did they say anything about maintaining the tubeless? how about fixing a flat
i hear you about no one wanting to true wheels themselves and a good wheel person is like gold
/i just let em hula a bit and hope the next time i wreck it bends them back in the right direction
//right now the wheels look pretty straight
sometimes the little ones produce the best smoke,you said she was frosty and hopefully she smells good
cant wait to hear how she smokes

rock and roll brother!

Yes for sure Monday was a long day and the drive home after the show was rough as was the work day yesterday with allmost no sleep but it was well worth it. The Delirum was so much fun and they are on my list of bands to see again for sure. The opening act, called "uni" was a freak show but very entertaining as well. The show was very psychedelic and the shrooms really inhanced all of it. The only complaint was that the venue was very strict with security and it was almost impossible to do anything other than the vale pen once we were in there. I was rocked off only like a gram of the PE's so it was fine with me. It was in the middle of Illinois farm country and very anti drug, but I think many in the crowd were on some kind of psychedelics anyway.
Here are a coupe stage shots.

I totally agree that the bike shop deserves another chance. They really did a nice job and did it all for a very reasonable price. I can understand how communication can be a challenge during the busy season. I've got a copy of zen and the art of mountain bike maintenance from the 90's and I'll watch some YouTube vids too. I will still bikes and get my wheel work don't there at least.
I'm looking forward to seeing how she smokes too, should have the first sample bud dry in a few days.
I hope your week is off to a good start brother!

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
uni never heard of them see they switch it up to jim james for handful of shows then flaming lips for opener. mtv played their song she dont use jelly heavy in early 90's. i was alittle shithead in those years or atleast thats what my grandma called me. glad to hear you had fun cant wait to see them

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
those pics are rad brother and it looks like a really fun time
i can imagine how trippy it would have been, the colors and cool artwork plus the live music!
/sits back and takes a huge rip off the bong to set the mood
i will have to look into this band called "uni"; am i getting htat right
i think the book from the 90's should be fine for most things
it probably dosent cover maintaining the hydraulic brakes most bike come with now, but the other mechanical stuff will be right on
tuning up your bike is the same and im sure you can figure out the more detailed stuff by watching youtube vids or reading about it online
hope you get a chance to ride soon and she rolls sweet!
how is eggo doing? have you two been able to get out much?
i hope he is barking less at the neighborhood dogs and stuff
one of my friends at work got a pig and me and the mrs are thinking about stopping by his palce next tiem we are in the area
the week is going great brother and i am looking forward to the weekend
i have a b'day coming up so we are doing all kinds of fun things
this sat we are going to this burger place called grub burgers
its your typical fancy burger place the kids are all into these days, you know the type
the mrs is into it so i will go
hope you are having a great week too my man!

Fiddynut

uni never heard of them see they switch it up to jim james for handful of shows then flaming lips for opener. mtv played their song she dont use jelly heavy in early 90's. i was alittle shithead in those years or atleast thats what my grandma called me. glad to hear you had fun cant wait to see them
Good afternoon big315.

I hadent heard of uni either but was entertained. I remember flaming lips from the 90's for sure might have even seen them open for someone back in the day, I use to go to a lot of concerts back then.
The Delirum was great and I recommend them, you'll have a great time and Les and Shawn sound great live. PE's were strong!

Fiddynut

those pics are rad brother and it looks like a really fun time
i can imagine how trippy it would have been, the colors and cool artwork plus the live music!
/sits back and takes a huge rip off the bong to set the mood
i will have to look into this band called "uni"; am i getting htat right
i think the book from the 90's should be fine for most things
it probably dosent cover maintaining the hydraulic brakes most bike come with now, but the other mechanical stuff will be right on
tuning up your bike is the same and im sure you can figure out the more detailed stuff by watching youtube vids or reading about it online
hope you get a chance to ride soon and she rolls sweet!
how is eggo doing? have you two been able to get out much?
i hope he is barking less at the neighborhood dogs and stuff
one of my friends at work got a pig and me and the mrs are thinking about stopping by his palce next tiem we are in the area
the week is going great brother and i am looking forward to the weekend
i have a b'day coming up so we are doing all kinds of fun things
this sat we are going to this burger place called grub burgers
its your typical fancy burger place the kids are all into these days, you know the type
the mrs is into it so i will go
hope you are having a great week too my man!

The show was great. Your right that artwork was really trippy, they had a screen in front of the pic of the cricket and would change colors and shapes at random times, very good for the head.
Uni was entertaining but not sure if I'd like listening to their music when not live. The singer wasn't very good and was over the top flamboyant. Kind of like a Bowie but over the top and not as good of a voice. Check them out and let me know what you think. Defenatly check out the Claypool Lennon Delirum, that's great music and there are some concerts on YouTube.
I'm hoping to ride soon too but it's been rainy all week and as I look at the extended forecast I see rain all next week too. I hope they are wrong.
Eggo is doing well and we are still working on the barking and walking nicely on leash. It's a slow process but we've got nothing but time I guess. We're getting our walks in but the dog park remains too muddy for now.
A pig sounds cool I've heard they are great pets. They say you can train them as much as a dog. Let me know when you meet him what you think.
Happy bday brother. I hope you have a great day and party it up for sure. I haven't heard of grub burgers but it sounds great. It's been a while since I had a good burger come to think of it. I'll see if there are any of them around here.
I'm glad you week is going well. I've been busty in the garden and with the harvest of the LBL cross. I've got a concert to go to on Friday night, a big motorcycle ride called the "slimy crud run" on Sunday were we usually put on 300-450 miles, them thinking about going to the buckethead concert Sunday night. I'm going to be wrecked after this week with all the stuff going on.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
oh man, you are really burning that candle at both ends! rock and roll brother and be sure to keep us posted on your adventures
ive heard of buckethead and he plays a mean guitar
im too nott sold on this grub place but the mrs wants to take me there
when i told her i would just get their basic burger she said i should try something fancier; thats just not me but i will just because i think its cool she is taking me out to this place
its all because of what we are calling the snow angel
did i tell you this story, about how she was going to the mountains and wanted a good down jacket
so i mention about how she needs a good winter coat at work to some friends, just talking about stuff you know
well the next day i walk in to work and on my desk is this fancy new down jacket
i have a lot of really generous friends at work who will give away really cool stuff so i figure it was one of them; but i ask around and no one knows anything abotu it
it was a snow angel that gave it to us and she was so happy she said she would take me out for burgers to celibrate
/heck man, i would be happy with in n out
im sure there are some good fun places around your area so just go out and have a good burger even if it isnt grub
my favorite is in n out but i like all burgers
im glad eggo is doing good and im sure you two are having lots of fun
im sure it will take a while but he will learn, just keep working with him and enjoy your time together
yeah, my friend keeps asking me and the mrs to stop by but we have been up to our own things lately
but i hear pigs are actually super smart animals, at least as smart as dogs
i will be sure to check out this music when i get a chance
if both you and smooth like the sound im sure it will be cool tunes
kick ass brother and i hope you are winding down your week strong

Fiddynut

oh man, you are really burning that candle at both ends! rock and roll brother and be sure to keep us posted on your adventures
ive heard of buckethead and he plays a mean guitar
im too nott sold on this grub place but the mrs wants to take me there
when i told her i would just get their basic burger she said i should try something fancier; thats just not me but i will just because i think its cool she is taking me out to this place
its all because of what we are calling the snow angel
did i tell you this story, about how she was going to the mountains and wanted a good down jacket
so i mention about how she needs a good winter coat at work to some friends, just talking about stuff you know
well the next day i walk in to work and on my desk is this fancy new down jacket
i have a lot of really generous friends at work who will give away really cool stuff so i figure it was one of them; but i ask around and no one knows anything abotu it
it was a snow angel that gave it to us and she was so happy she said she would take me out for burgers to celibrate
/heck man, i would be happy with in n out
im sure there are some good fun places around your area so just go out and have a good burger even if it isnt grub
my favorite is in n out but i like all burgers
im glad eggo is doing good and im sure you two are having lots of fun
im sure it will take a while but he will learn, just keep working with him and enjoy your time together
yeah, my friend keeps asking me and the mrs to stop by but we have been up to our own things lately
but i hear pigs are actually super smart animals, at least as smart as dogs
i will be sure to check out this music when i get a chance
if both you and smooth like the sound im sure it will be cool tunes
kick ass brother and i hope you are winding down your week strong

Yes for sure I'm going to need a rest after this weekend. But you only live once and sometimes you just have to go for it. I will get plenty of sleep when I'm dead, right? The rain is finally over for now and the forecast is for pretty nice weather to or and most of Sunday. I need to do some yard work but also want to enjoy as much as possable. I'd love to shoot some disc golf at some point and good weather means the motorcycle ride on Sunday is on. I'm not sure there will be time for everything that I want to do this weekend but I'm going to try.
Buckethead shreds for sure. I'm not even a big fan of that type of music but I want to see him because he is so talented and such a freak. I'm also interested in seeing what type of people show up for a concert like that.
I just looked up grub burger and none anywhere near here. The menu looked like a fairly standard burger bar type menu. Let me know how they taste.
You hadent shared that story about your lady's jacket but that really cool. It sounds like someone is into doing nice things for people and not taking credit for it. I hope it keeps her warm for years to come.
I hope your week is finishing strong and you have a great weekend brother!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
yeah brother, i know some really nice people and we are always helping each other out how ever we can
thats the weirdest part about it, even if they arent expecting anythign in return, i would think they would haev at least asked about how the jacket fit or if she liked the style or not...
that a good point about how the crowd is a big part of the show!
its always fun to be around good people who share a common interest and i hope this is a good group
buckethead is popular but not mainstream so it will be an interesting mix
i hope the ride is a fun one and you guys enjoy yourselves out on the road
does the mrs ride along too or does she take the b'seat
i might be helping a friend out at work in setting up a garden here soon
he is a cool guy and i think he has potential so i told him i might be interested in helping out
we will see where it goes but hes already proven to be a heavy hitter and i like this guys style
yeah the grub is more a burger bar, but i think im more a burger joint type of guy
but good food is good food and i am sure me and the mrs are goingto have a blast

be sure to let us know how your weekend fun goes fiddy so we can all tag along on your adventures
keep on kicking ass my friend!

Fiddynut

yeah brother, i know some really nice people and we are always helping each other out how ever we can
thats the weirdest part about it, even if they arent expecting anythign in return, i would think they would haev at least asked about how the jacket fit or if she liked the style or not...
that a good point about how the crowd is a big part of the show!
its always fun to be around good people who share a common interest and i hope this is a good group
buckethead is popular but not mainstream so it will be an interesting mix
i hope the ride is a fun one and you guys enjoy yourselves out on the road
does the mrs ride along too or does she take the b'seat
i might be helping a friend out at work in setting up a garden here soon
he is a cool guy and i think he has potential so i told him i might be interested in helping out
we will see where it goes but hes already proven to be a heavy hitter and i like this guys style
yeah the grub is more a burger bar, but i think im more a burger joint type of guy
but good food is good food and i am sure me and the mrs are goingto have a blast

be sure to let us know how your weekend fun goes fiddy so we can all tag along on your adventures
keep on kicking ass my friend!

That is strange that no one took credit for the jacket. I've always felt that doing something nice for someone and not taking credit for it is a sigh of humility. I'm n fact it could be argued that doing nice things and not telling anyone could be the best way to do things for people. This may be a mystery that might go unsolved brother.
The crowd is a huge part of the show. The band can feed off the crouwds energy and the better the crowd the better the crowd the better the performance from what I've seen. Buckethead was really fun to see and defenatly had a very diverse crowd. There were teens all the way to people in their 50's there. I saw a lot of tie dyes and it seemed like a lot of people that were into the psychedelic aspect of the show. I'm sure there were also a lot of musicians there because they can appreciate how technical he plays and how talented he is. I was tired after a long day of riding but had a great time and wouldn't change anything about the day yesterday.
The SCR was great and we put on about 350 miles. The weather couldn't have been better for a ride like that. The turnout was great and I saw a lot of license plates from all over the Midwest. The wife dosent wake up early enough for the rides and it would be a too long a day in the saddle for her. She did go to buckethead with us and had fun.
That's cool that you might help someone set up a garden. I'd love to do that someday. I try to do my part to educate people I know about what it takes to grow and I keep thinking that someone is going to get serious enough to ask me to help that get set up one of these days. But it seems like a lot of people arnt going to put the effort that it takes into getting set up to grow, or are scared of the law. I hope the set up goes well and the guy starts growing some killer!
I hope you had a good weekend and your week is off to a great start brother!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
its nice to help out when you can and this guy is really smart so i am thinking about working something out with him
we will see how it goes and if nothing else i will have a new friend to talk pot with
yeah teh jacket is so weird, part of me thinkis i know who left it but i am not sure and dont want to be so forward as to ask
they know they did a good deed and i know we appreciate it and have payed the good karma forward however we can so i guess thats that
that sounds like a fun show fiddy
bucket head is good at guitar and i can see how he would appeal to a wide range of fans
so i have this new friend at work who plays disc golf! we were talking about it today and it seems like fun
i mentioned how i have this bud who lives in wisco who plays and he said right away, they have some good courses up there
he came from colorado and said they have a ton of courses around where he lived up to pro courses
are there any pro courses in your area, fiddy?
how would a pro course be any different thana regular (???whatever that means?) course
/besides the obvious factors like distance
we got to talking about the different types of discs and i got all geeked outthinking about the gear
i thought you guys were just chucking an old whammo frisbee around
/not really but i had no idea there were driver discs, ...i forget the other names he used but it was jsut liek golfit sounds like a lot of fun
i told him it would be fun to just go and toss on day but i would also like to practive on my own
he even said he would let me check out some of his discs so me and the mrs could toss them around just to get the feel
it sounds like fun and i just might take him up on his offers

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
i love disc golf im not to good though. i even got into real golf few years back thought it would be lame. its alot of boozing and getting stoned plus the scenery is always nice

Rodehazrd

i love disc golf im not to good though. i even got into real golf few years back thought it would be lame. its alot of boozing and getting stoned plus the scenery is always nice

I'm with you on the golf Bigsmooth nothing like a big fattie down in the hazard with some buds. My fav of all time was the King Kamayamaya course on Maui with a bag of West Maui Skunk. From some tees you can see both coasts and 10 miles of sugar cane. :dance013:

Fiddynut

its nice to help out when you can and this guy is really smart so i am thinking about working something out with him
we will see how it goes and if nothing else i will have a new friend to talk pot with
yeah teh jacket is so weird, part of me thinkis i know who left it but i am not sure and dont want to be so forward as to ask
they know they did a good deed and i know we appreciate it and have payed the good karma forward however we can so i guess thats that
that sounds like a fun show fiddy
bucket head is good at guitar and i can see how he would appeal to a wide range of fans
so i have this new friend at work who plays disc golf! we were talking about it today and it seems like fun
i mentioned how i have this bud who lives in wisco who plays and he said right away, they have some good courses up there
he came from colorado and said they have a ton of courses around where he lived up to pro courses
are there any pro courses in your area, fiddy?
how would a pro course be any different thana regular (???whatever that means?) course
/besides the obvious factors like distance
we got to talking about the different types of discs and i got all geeked outthinking about the gear
i thought you guys were just chucking an old whammo frisbee around
/not really but i had no idea there were driver discs, ...i forget the other names he used but it was jsut liek golfit sounds like a lot of fun
i told him it would be fun to just go and toss on day but i would also like to practive on my own
he even said he would let me check out some of his discs so me and the mrs could toss them around just to get the feel
it sounds like fun and i just might take him up on his offers

For sure if someone seems like they are capable and motivated it would be fun to help them get set up. You got me through my first grow when I was feeling lost and have been a lot of help since brother. Having another grower to talk with locally would be a great thing.
You can never have too much good karma and doing nice things for people fills up the bucket!
Buckethead was great and carried the show solo for over 2 hours. His playing is really technical but he also is a master of making those "spaceship" sounds by rubbing the strings and playing one handed. Towards the end of the show he plays a whole song one handed while letting people in the audience touch his guitar as he moves back and fourth on stage. He also buys a bunch of toys and hands them out to his fans during the show.
That is super cool that you have a buddy into disc golf. You should take him up on his offer and go out and play a few games and see if you like it. Yep the discs are very different than normal frisbees. I'd recommend getting a midrange driver and a putter and go out and throw. Actually maybe watch some YouTube vids on proper form for throwing. You want a windup and delivery you can repeat over and over to be consistent on your drives. I use the "X step". Also don't worry about getting a bunch of diffrent discs, just get use to one or two. And no long range drivers. Untill you get really good and can throw fast enough the long range discs won't work well for you. I see people with like 30+ discs in thier bag and wonder what they need all that for.
I'm not sure what a pro course is but there are tournaments at all the courses I play here. The best course I've played was a place in Santa Cruz that I use to play pretty regularly. My favorite courses are shorter with a lot of obstacles (trees) obstructing the baskets. Learning how to make the disc do what you want takes time. Most important thing is to have fun...its just a game. Once in a while I see people taking it way too seriously and they don't look like they are having a good time.
Disc golf is a great activity for couples. It's great exercise and many courses are a beautiful place to spend a couple hours. Also the people who you meet on the course are usually cool and, in my experience, many are down to puff a joint during the game.
I hope you find a love of the game and your Mrs too. It's good for the body and mind!