What's new

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happy monday fiddy!
hope you had a nice chill day off and are ready for the week ahead
that sounds like one rock and roll weekend for sure bruh!
grateful dub is a new one to me, sounds like a mash up of dubstep and hippy music!
bet that was a fun show to see live
sounds like you were able to score on the way back and i hope you enjoy the new snacks as much as the pe
man you can set your clock by you guys putting that pier in the water! now its officially spring time my man!
is this going to be egos first year at the lake?
thats great that the trails are starting to dry up and you are getting back in the saddle
im on my third fitbit; the first two were the same ones then i got the next gen model
my phone can count the steps if i carry it around with me but the mrs really likes the fitbit to track our steps so i keep getting new ones
i was thinking the first few times we toss a disc around its going to be me and the mrs in a park just playing catch
maybe i will set up a marker and we will try and see if we can hit it but for the most pert i am just out to see if this is something me and the mrs would like to do together
we share a number of hobbies together but i still wish there were more things we enjoyed together
maybe we will just take the discs to the park and toss them around or try and hit targets (things like a tree or a t-shirt, maybe my shorts on the grass)
it sounds like fun and im all about about giving it a go
i actually grilled up a nice rib eye this weekend and had that with a bunch of mashed potatoes
but sunday i threw a few of those 1/4 nathan franks on the grill and opened a can of chili!
that was the bomb!
i think im going to go back to that tonight for dinner, the mrs dosent touch down for a few hours and her aunt is going to be driving her home so im in the clear

Fiddynut

awesome will be seeing them at spac next month would love to go on tour but the grows hold me back. got a real good music scene up my way to love live music. never saw jrad live but seen them on nugs.net livestream once and liked what i saw. think gonna try catch them this summer. always find really good L on dead lot shakedowns are so much fun.

Good afternoon big315.
I think you'll have a great time at dead and co. Defenatly a decent sized lot scene and a lot of good people around. Some people have a hard time accepting John Mayer doing Jerrys parts but it seems like he really wants to and is having fun doing it.
I hear you on growing holding you back. The only thing I don't like about growing is the time commitment and fact that it makes it tough to get away and do things.
I think that JRad is pushing the music farther than its gone since the 80's. They change tempo so much and all the teasing and telegraphing is so cool to hear live. And I love when they really whip it up and play as fast as Jerry ever did. Well worth seeing and tickets are like 1/4 of what D&C tickets cost.

Fiddynut

happy monday fiddy!
hope you had a nice chill day off and are ready for the week ahead
that sounds like one rock and roll weekend for sure bruh!
grateful dub is a new one to me, sounds like a mash up of dubstep and hippy music!
bet that was a fun show to see live
sounds like you were able to score on the way back and i hope you enjoy the new snacks as much as the pe
man you can set your clock by you guys putting that pier in the water! now its officially spring time my man!
is this going to be egos first year at the lake?
thats great that the trails are starting to dry up and you are getting back in the saddle
im on my third fitbit; the first two were the same ones then i got the next gen model
my phone can count the steps if i carry it around with me but the mrs really likes the fitbit to track our steps so i keep getting new ones
i was thinking the first few times we toss a disc around its going to be me and the mrs in a park just playing catch
maybe i will set up a marker and we will try and see if we can hit it but for the most pert i am just out to see if this is something me and the mrs would like to do together
we share a number of hobbies together but i still wish there were more things we enjoyed together
maybe we will just take the discs to the park and toss them around or try and hit targets (things like a tree or a t-shirt, maybe my shorts on the grass)
it sounds like fun and im all about about giving it a go
i actually grilled up a nice rib eye this weekend and had that with a bunch of mashed potatoes
but sunday i threw a few of those 1/4 nathan franks on the grill and opened a can of chili!
that was the bomb!
i think im going to go back to that tonight for dinner, the mrs dosent touch down for a few hours and her aunt is going to be driving her home so im in the clear

Good afternoon pop_rocks.
I had a pretty busy day yesterday but did relax a bit in the evening. The mountain bike ride was great. It felt so good to get back out there. I also realized that I'm out of shape compared to where I was last year when I stopped riding. My cardio is ok but my legs not as strong. Also my ass needs to,get use to the seat again. I also had a lot of yard work to do and feel pretty good about what I got done.
GDB were fun for sure. Think more old school reggae dub than dub step. They actually did a lot more reggae this last weekend than they did on st. Patrick's day. I do love me some reggae!
It sure hasent felt much like spring here much and it was wired to be putting the pier in with the water so cold. There have been years where the water was worm enough to swim by now but this year it's so cold that even with a wet suit it was super cold. But it should work up soon and I hope my mom can enjoy it up there. I'd love to get up a time or two as well. This will be Eggo's first year going up but we are told he is a strong swimmer and loves boat rides.
I think you have a great idea to set up a target and just start throwing the disc around. A 5 gallon bucket would be really good but anything that gives you something to shoot at would be fine. Just get use to how the disc flys. Then you can start shooting as if there was an obstruction and getting the disc to fly left or right. I see a lot of couples on the disc golf courses around here and I think it makes for a good activity. I play with my wife sometimes. She usually dosent throw much but gets a good walk in. Rufus use to love going and was so good, he would never chase the discs and could run around like a young dog. I really miss him!
A ribeye and some mashed sound great. I think the rib steak is the richest of all steaks. That cap is always buttery. I haven't had a good steak in a while and need to fix that soon. Chilli dogs sound great too. I insist on all beef dogs and Nathan's are the bomb! Sounds like you had a great weekend and got some relaxing done.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
hope your week is off to a great start brother!
sounds like you had a fun and productive time off
i like your idea of setting up a bucket or something but dont think im going to tote a pail down to the park this weekend
maybe i will just find some marker to shoot for
but you got the idea, just practice throwing the disc first and then trying to aim it so it goes where i want it to
im not sure how good i will be the first day but im not expecting to kill it right off the bat
thats great that its a fun couples activity
the mrs used to play softball so i think she can throw a disc and it will be fun to try
we are having a funny spring time here too fiddy
its almost the middle of may and we ar still getting a lot of drizzle and rain
usually we are dont with any measurable precipitation after april so this has be a wet year for us
but thats good for the canyons and wild life so i dont mind a little rain
i hear you about missing the old pups; i had a dream about ukie not too long ago...it was nice to see heragain
they will always be a part of our family no matter where they are brother
hope you have a great week brother!

Fiddynut

hope your week is off to a great start brother!
sounds like you had a fun and productive time off
i like your idea of setting up a bucket or something but dont think im going to tote a pail down to the park this weekend
maybe i will just find some marker to shoot for
but you got the idea, just practice throwing the disc first and then trying to aim it so it goes where i want it to
im not sure how good i will be the first day but im not expecting to kill it right off the bat
thats great that its a fun couples activity
the mrs used to play softball so i think she can throw a disc and it will be fun to try
we are having a funny spring time here too fiddy
its almost the middle of may and we ar still getting a lot of drizzle and rain
usually we are dont with any measurable precipitation after april so this has be a wet year for us
but thats good for the canyons and wild life so i dont mind a little rain
i hear you about missing the old pups; i had a dream about ukie not too long ago...it was nice to see heragain
they will always be a part of our family no matter where they are brother
hope you have a great week brother!

The week is off to a good start, and will be even better if the rain holds off long enough to get another mtn bike ride in tomorrow morning. The nice weather has made it very busy at work which makes the days fly by. I don't get a lot of time off this time of year so I need to make the best of what I get.
Any target will be good for throwing a disc at. Try to watch a vid or two on proper throwing technique so that you don't start bad habits right off the bat. I've found that a lot of people on the course are glad to give out a few tips too. After that it's just a matter of practice.
That is strange you are still getting rain. I'd think that most years the canyons would be browning out by now. Untill the last couple days I thought that spring might never come to us here.
I know I can't compare Eggo to Rufus and I hope that Eggo will be able to do some things like disc golf someday. Rufus was a once in a lifetime great dog who could go anywhere and do anything and I miss that sometimes. You are so right that they will always be a part of the family.
I hope your week is going well and just a couple more days to go brother!

Rodehazrd

Serious claw. Too much N causing lockout?
I had something like that and added 0-10-10 kool bloom to clear it up.
Don't look like you can flush:tiphat:

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Serious claw. Too much N causing lockout?
I had something like that and added 0-10-10 kool bloom to clear it up.
Don't look like you can flush:tiphat:
That's that sleestack x skunk. I'm not sure what is up with it, but it definitely had that nitrogen claw in my indoors soil. I'm hoping it will be okay in that outdoor. None of the other plants show any signs of nitrogen toxicity, so I don't think the soil is to blame, as much as I think that sleestack x skunk is just a very picky sativa. Thanks everybody for all the information. :dance013:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i talked to my friend at work and he is going to bring in some discs for me and the mrs to play with this weekend
i will be sure to check out some vids on the proper way to throw but i think at first we are just going to go out and chuck them things around
im hoping the ol'lady will have fun and we can get into a new hobby
we are not going to a real course this time, just down to the local park and throw the discs for fun
im excited to try it out and it seems like a lot of fun
were you able to throw a leg over the bike today? hope you were able to get a ride in and are enjoying your time in the saddle
its supposed to rain again here tonight
this s not just the may gray and drizzle that you usually get in so.cal, we have been having real rain
this year has been super wet but im kind of enjoying it
/plus im taking tomorrow off to celebrate my b'day so it can pour all day for all i care;im going to have fun no matter what
we were both super lucky to have had such great dogs, but they say a part of the dogs personality is a reflection of their owners
i am sure eggo will turn out to be one cool dog friend

thats one crazy problem you have there boosh
its definitely a deficiency, have you checked the ph of your soil?
its itneresting that its also effecting the lower leafs and the new growth as well
im thinking they could use a really good dose of some mirco nutrients, like mg or something like that
how do the leafs feel? are they all brittle and dried out or just discolored?
have you been putting anything on them, like have you been foliar feeding or anything like that?
and you say its only this one plant out of many? all in the same soil?
this one is interesting for sure

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Wait frisbee golf? I used to play that all the time, ultimate frisbee was almost my bag but I'm too fat and lazy. But I love and am really good at throwing frisbee, and frisbee golf combines that with slowly walking. :woohoo: And yeah the plants I'm pretty sure that's sun burn. I put them in my kitchen for 3 days, I thought that was good enough of a break in, but no. Live and learn I guess? I have some sunshade arriving friday and I'm hoping they will do okay till then. Amazingly no local place sells it, everybody was like just order it from our webpage.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
friend had a buzzbee frisbee we use to throw around it was his fathers from 70's i think. only bad thing you could burn your lip hitting it to hard. threw alot if friss but i cant seem to get the disc's down need more practice.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
yes, sun shock; that makes sense boosh
some plants need to be hardened off more than others
and when you say kitchen do you mean indoors behind glass? the window would filter out a lot of the uv light so it is only a light introduction to real sunlight
i usually put the plants un partial shade when i first take them outside for the first sew days and then give them only a few hours of direct sun, in the early morning or late evening if possible
/the midday hours have the most uv
you guys throw disc too?!?
our man fiddy is the real disc golfer and after hearing him talk about how much fun he has i thought i would give it a shot
ive never even thrown one of these discs, but we used to toss frisbees around when i was younger

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
yes, sun shock; that makes sense boosh
some plants need to be hardened off more than others
and when you say kitchen do you mean indoors behind glass? the window would filter out a lot of the uv light so it is only a light introduction to real sunlight
i usually put the plants un partial shade when i first take them outside for the first sew days and then give them only a few hours of direct sun, in the early morning or late evening if possible
/the midday hours have the most uv
you guys throw disc too?!?
our man fiddy is the real disc golfer and after hearing him talk about how much fun he has i thought i would give it a shot
ive never even thrown one of these discs, but we used to toss frisbees around when i was younger
Yeah I have a knack for throwing frisbee. I used to have a move where I could consistently send it 180 degrees behind me in a straight line. Made for awesome WTF pass moments in ultimate. And yeah that makes a lot of sense that it's the UV doing it, all the kitchen windows will block it. For a smart guy, sometimes I'm really dumb.:laughing:

Fiddynut

Hey ya'll. Hope everybody is doing well! I got some plants setup outside, but they are turning white! Has anybody seen anything like that?
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=8571284

Wait frisbee golf? I used to play that all the time, ultimate frisbee was almost my bag but I'm too fat and lazy. But I love and am really good at throwing frisbee, and frisbee golf combines that with slowly walking. :woohoo: And yeah the plants I'm pretty sure that's sun burn. I put them in my kitchen for 3 days, I thought that was good enough of a break in, but no. Live and learn I guess? I have some sunshade arriving friday and I'm hoping they will do okay till then. Amazingly no local place sells it, everybody was like just order it from our webpage.

Yeah I have a knack for throwing frisbee. I used to have a move where I could consistently send it 180 degrees behind me in a straight line. Made for awesome WTF pass moments in ultimate. And yeah that makes a lot of sense that it's the UV doing it, all the kitchen windows will block it. For a smart guy, sometimes I'm really dumb.:laughing:

Good afternoon AP.
Wow that bleaching looks crazy. I've never seen anything like that and it would freak me out if I did. I've always gone straight from my t5's to outdoor but I've never had an outdoor spot in full sun and that's probably why outdoor has never gone well for me. I hope they recover and make you proud!
I haven't played ultimate but hear it's a lot of fun. I would need to make more friends to have enough for a team LOL. Love me some disc golf though and have been playing over 20 years. It's good to get out and enjoy some nature and get some steps in.

Fiddynut

i talked to my friend at work and he is going to bring in some discs for me and the mrs to play with this weekend
i will be sure to check out some vids on the proper way to throw but i think at first we are just going to go out and chuck them things around
im hoping the ol'lady will have fun and we can get into a new hobby
we are not going to a real course this time, just down to the local park and throw the discs for fun
im excited to try it out and it seems like a lot of fun
were you able to throw a leg over the bike today? hope you were able to get a ride in and are enjoying your time in the saddle
its supposed to rain again here tonight
this s not just the may gray and drizzle that you usually get in so.cal, we have been having real rain
this year has been super wet but im kind of enjoying it
/plus im taking tomorrow off to celebrate my b'day so it can pour all day for all i care;im going to have fun no matter what
we were both super lucky to have had such great dogs, but they say a part of the dogs personality is a reflection of their owners
i am sure eggo will turn out to be one cool dog friend

thats one crazy problem you have there boosh
its definitely a deficiency, have you checked the ph of your soil?
its itneresting that its also effecting the lower leafs and the new growth as well
im thinking they could use a really good dose of some mirco nutrients, like mg or something like that
how do the leafs feel? are they all brittle and dried out or just discolored?
have you been putting anything on them, like have you been foliar feeding or anything like that?
and you say its only this one plant out of many? all in the same soil?
this one is interesting for sure

That's great you'll be doing some throwing this weekend. I'm sure the two of you will have a good time. Any space can temporarily be a disc golf course. We use to set up portable baskets at a park in Oakland up in the hills and have games every Sunday for a while there.
I got a great mtn bike ride in before work this morning and just in time. It started raining on me toward the end of the ride and as soon as I got done and put my bike on the rack it really started comming down. Then the thunderstorms started. Looks like it's going to be a while untill the trails dry out, especially if we get rain for the next few days like the forecast is indicating. But for today's ride it was perfict conditions, cool and enough moisture in the soil for really good grip.
I hope you have a great birthday brother! Enjoy your time off and eat, drink, and be merry! Might as well take what you can get when it comes to rain down by you, never know when you'll get more, especially this time of year.
For sure we've had great dogs. I feel very lucky that I had the time with Rufus that I did. Enjoy the fond memories as we can. I'm sure that you'll get another buddy someday and it will be a good one. Eggo has a lot of time to take on some of my chill personality and has come a ways in the few short months we've had him around.

Fiddynut

friend had a buzzbee frisbee we use to throw around it was his fathers from 70's i think. only bad thing you could burn your lip hitting it to hard. threw alot if friss but i cant seem to get the disc's down need more practice.
Good afternoon big315.
Practice makes perfict they say...in that case I need a lot more practice too.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening fiddy!
having a great day and just enjoying the good life!
it looks like the rain is over but we got a good soaking earlier today
literally bruh! me and the mrs got up early and went for a nice fun walk and on the way back went to eat breakfast
when we were leaving the resturant it was a light drizzle at best so we took the long way home on foot
at one point she has her hood up and is still talking about how shes getting wet
luckily she had brought her rain coat so she was covered
i wasnt so lucky but it wasnt that bad until like the last few blocks home and i just changed into dry clothes and was fine
glad to hear you got to enjoy a nice bike ride before the storms
we call those conditions hero dirt because your bike just sort of sticks to the trail and you ride like a champ
how did the legs feel after this ride?
isnt that crazy that ap and big throw friss too? ive seen guys playing a game like football at the park where we ride bikes that uses a disc too; so there is disc golf, ultimate frisbee and this football game
what cant you do with one of those things?!? cant wait to get back into it hopefully and would appreciate any tips or ideas any of you guys might have on the topic
hope you all had a great day

Latest posts

Latest posts