What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Fiddynut

i love disc golf im not to good though. i even got into real golf few years back thought it would be lame. its alot of boozing and getting stoned plus the scenery is always nice

Good afternoon big 315.
I've been playing for over 20 years and should be much better than I am. I had my hay day my last year in collage where I was able to play multiple games a day all summer and was pretty good. Now I just play when I can and have a great time. I haven't played reg golf since I was a child but should try it sometime. I do love my boozing and getting stoned LOL.

Fiddynut

I'm with you on the golf Bigsmooth nothing like a big fattie down in the hazard with some buds. My fav of all time was the King Kamayamaya course on Maui with a bag of West Maui Skunk. From some tees you can see both coasts and 10 miles of sugar cane. :dance013:

Good afternoon Rodehazrd.
I'd love to go to Hawaii sometime and see the beauty for myself!
Did you do any derby stuff last week? I heard something about a controversial disqualification but haven't read up on it.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
thanks for the advice on disc golf man
i agree with your advice about getting one or two discs to start with and just getting good with those
my friend mentioned some discs have like a lip to them and others are more flat
it sounds like fun and i think me and mrsChicky are going to go out next weekend and toss some discs around just for fun
i will be sure to check out those vids too, we used to throw frisbee when i was a kid and i kind of throw across my body, like from the left hip pocket out into my throw
it sounds like fun and i will be sure to take him up on his offer one of thse days
thats rad that bucket head gave away gifts to his fans!
like what kind of toys were they? i bet it would be a real treat to have one as a souvenir
i still remember our first chats here on ic mag fiddy!
it seems like it was a long time ago but i remember them well, man think of all the things that have changed over the years
im glad we got to know each other and i look forward to many more fun conversations friend

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
Good afternoon big 315.
I've been playing for over 20 years and should be much better than I am. I had my hay day my last year in collage where I was able to play multiple games a day all summer and was pretty good. Now I just play when I can and have a great time. I haven't played reg golf since I was a child but should try it sometime. I do love my boozing and getting stoned LOL.

heck ya been looking into kayaks for fishing lately got a 76 starcraft but its alittle big to get into some hotspots for fishing. do you guys kayak?

Fiddynut

thanks for the advice on disc golf man
i agree with your advice about getting one or two discs to start with and just getting good with those
my friend mentioned some discs have like a lip to them and others are more flat
it sounds like fun and i think me and mrsChicky are going to go out next weekend and toss some discs around just for fun
i will be sure to check out those vids too, we used to throw frisbee when i was a kid and i kind of throw across my body, like from the left hip pocket out into my throw
it sounds like fun and i will be sure to take him up on his offer one of thse days
thats rad that bucket head gave away gifts to his fans!
like what kind of toys were they? i bet it would be a real treat to have one as a souvenir
i still remember our first chats here on ic mag fiddy!
it seems like it was a long time ago but i remember them well, man think of all the things that have changed over the years
im glad we got to know each other and i look forward to many more fun conversations friend

Good afternoon pop_rocks.
It seems like all the diffrent disc makers have a diffrent method of rating or categorizing their discs but they do have diffrent lips and profiles that make them fly more straight or go left earlier or later (for right handed throwers). I wouldn't get too caught up in that at first and just get a disc and get comfortable with your grip and throwing motion. As you get more experienced you can add diffrent discs and see how they fly for you. Also, don't try to throw hard at first, just work on technique. It's better to throw straight down the fairway a short distance than to overthrow it and end up in the trees, water, ect.
I was not up front when buckethead was passing out stuff but it would be cool to have something as a souvenir for sure. Maybe next time.
It does seem like just a short time ago that first chatted here. I had know idea at that time that these grows would be as good as some of them have been. Looking back that first run was a real learning experience, as have all of them since. But you right a lot has changed since then and mostly for the better. I'm glad and hope these chats will go on for a long time brother!

Fiddynut

heck ya been looking into kayaks for fishing lately got a 76 starcraft but its alittle big to get into some hotspots for fishing. do you guys kayak?

Good afternoon big315.
There are a couple kayaks up at my moms place on the lake in far northern Wisconsin and I do enjoy a paddle from time to time. I've got a stand up paddle board up there too but might bring that home so I can use it more.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i have a couple friend who fish off their kayaks and another bud who does the sup thing
/stand up paddle
the guys i know who fish are crazy and are hauling up 30# fish in those dinky things plus going a mile or more offshore
/this is in the pacific mind you
i woudlnt mind getting into paddling for recreation or fishing, it sounds like a lot of fun
how long have you been at it smooth?

yeah i talked to my friend and told him i would like to borrow a disc next weekend
/the mrs is going out of town this weekend
you are right and at first we are just going to toss it around and have fun
even if you dident snag a souvenir you will always have the memory of the show to last a life time
i used to enjoy live music a lot more but i guess im kind of a home body now and dont like being in crowds of people much anymore
but that makes it even more fun to hear your stories fiddy
like im riding shotgun on your adventures and cheering you on all the way!
i remember our first conversations well and i can honestly say you have come a long way brother!
i was just there to help out at first and give you a push in the right direction,but not its all you my man!
you have really come a long way and i look forward to seeing where you take this with every grow
no matter how much we learn there are always new horizons to explore and i hope you dont mind if i tag along for the ride

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
freshwater i can get to lake ontario in shortdrive i liver near well known river for salmon and steelhead in upstate ny. i wanna try fishing the ocean catch monsters soon it will happen

Fiddynut

i have a couple friend who fish off their kayaks and another bud who does the sup thing
/stand up paddle
the guys i know who fish are crazy and are hauling up 30# fish in those dinky things plus going a mile or more offshore
/this is in the pacific mind you
i woudlnt mind getting into paddling for recreation or fishing, it sounds like a lot of fun

yeah i talked to my friend and told him i would like to borrow a disc next weekend
/the mrs is going out of town this weekend
you are right and at first we are just going to toss it around and have fun
even if you dident snag a souvenir you will always have the memory of the show to last a life time
i used to enjoy live music a lot more but i guess im kind of a home body now and dont like being in crowds of people much anymore
but that makes it even more fun to hear your stories fiddy
like im riding shotgun on your adventures and cheering you on all the way!
i remember our first conversations well and i can honestly say you have come a long way brother!
i was just there to help out at first and give you a push in the right direction,but not its all you my man!
you have really come a long way and i look forward to seeing where you take this with every grow
no matter how much we learn there are always new horizons to explore and i hope you dont mind if i tag along for the ride

Good afternoon pop_rocks.
That's crazy I can't imagine hauling up a 30 pounder in a kayak. I've caught a couple of salmon that big on Lake Michigan and they put up a hell of a fight.
I hope you have a great time disc golfing brother. It might be a new hobby for you. We don't always have time for more hobbies but this one is healthy and worth taking the time to do. Have fun and don't take it too seriously brother!
I use to go to a lot of concerts back in the 90's but I went through a drought for a long time. Just the last couple years I've been back into live music and loving it. It was really the first dead and co show that did it for me. Now there is almost something every weekend that I want to see. I'm not into crowds either but when everyone is on the same page and dancing and having fun it's kind of cool to feed off the energy. Feel free to ride shotgun all you want brother!
I can only wonder where I'd be if you weren't there to give me that push and help keep me from doing something stupid. If the first run would have ended in tears there might not have been a second.

Fiddynut

fishing since i was kid live near lake ontario have fishing spots all over love being on the water. kayaking is something just started last few years all friends are into it need bigger one for fishing though

freshwater i can get to lake ontario in shortdrive i liver near well known river for salmon and steelhead in upstate ny. i wanna try fishing the ocean catch monsters soon it will happen

I use to fish a lot, both up in northern Wisconsin at small lakes and on Lake Michigan. I don't like to eat fish so I kind of stopped fishing but still love to take a few casts here and there.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
hey fiddy how was that dead and co show. ive followed around whats left of the dead for last 15 years mainly north east shows. been to alot of music festivals its been a colorful ride:)

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening fiddy!
tomorrow is friday and im looking forward to the weekend
the mrs is going out of town so its just me this weekend but i have a few things to do and a bunch of time to get it done
i was talking to my friend at work today about the discs and me pointe out that if we were tossing them around we might want to try the softer ones, i think he said they were the putters
it sounds like they are made of a softer plastic to when they hit the cage they kind of flex and will fall in easier
i dident know that the regular discs were really solid plus they have some weight to them; i am worried that it might hurt the mrs's hands catching them
he is a cool guy and i am excited about checking them out and seeing whats what
like you said, this could become a fun hobby and a great way t get in some steps too
/ are you still tracking your steps with the fit bit?
im glad i was able to help you through the first grow and now i see you taking your game to the next level
between all the cooking talk, the meat grinding talk, heck, even the disc golf and stuff like that i think i am learning as much as im sharing brother!
so do you have any plans for this weekend? the mrs is going to be out of town so i am just going to hang out around the house and chill
its been a wet may but i still might get the grill going, but other than that i dont really have any plans

hey!it looks like we might have a new friend here
welcome aboard kokokush'
thats cool you like to fish and maybe we will see you posting here more

Fiddynut

hey fiddy how was that dead and co show. ive followed around whats left of the dead for last 15 years mainly north east shows. been to alot of music festivals its been a colorful ride:)

Good morning big315.
D&C are doing a decent job and are the closest we get to the boys. I've seen them 6 times (4x alpine valley and 2x Boulder) and have tickets to 4 shows (2x wrigley and 2x Boulder) coming up in the next few weeks. They sound pretty good but play pretty slow versions (sometimes painfully slow) but also very jammy. I've had a great time at all of the shows I've been to and I love my home venue at alpine but I must say that the Boulder shows from last year were my favorite. The university is super cool and let's a huge shakedown street go down on campus parking lots. I can't wait to get back there this year!
Speaking of the music I'm really digging the local scene here lately. There are a bunch of fun local bands that do a lot of the deads music. On Saturday night I saw a band called Thee Grateful Dubb Band play and we had a great time. They do some reggae but mostly GD songs with a dubby twist. I saw JRAD for the first time in February and will defenatly be seeing more of them, love the energy in their style of the music.

Fiddynut

happening fiddy!
tomorrow is friday and im looking forward to the weekend
the mrs is going out of town so its just me this weekend but i have a few things to do and a bunch of time to get it done
i was talking to my friend at work today about the discs and me pointe out that if we were tossing them around we might want to try the softer ones, i think he said they were the putters
it sounds like they are made of a softer plastic to when they hit the cage they kind of flex and will fall in easier
i dident know that the regular discs were really solid plus they have some weight to them; i am worried that it might hurt the mrs's hands catching them
he is a cool guy and i am excited about checking them out and seeing whats what
like you said, this could become a fun hobby and a great way t get in some steps too
/ are you still tracking your steps with the fit bit?
im glad i was able to help you through the first grow and now i see you taking your game to the next level
between all the cooking talk, the meat grinding talk, heck, even the disc golf and stuff like that i think i am learning as much as im sharing brother!
so do you have any plans for this weekend? the mrs is going to be out of town so i am just going to hang out around the house and chill
its been a wet may but i still might get the grill going, but other than that i dont really have any plans

hey!it looks like we might have a new friend here
welcome aboard kokokush'
thats cool you like to fish and maybe we will see you posting here more

Good morning pop_rocks.
You could probably play catch with a putter but I'd recommend just going to a course and practic putting into a basket with it. Most courses have a practice basket that you can toss at without being on a regular hole on the course. I just had a look and there is a course called Morely Field disc golf in SD. They have a pro shop that you can rent or buy discs and its 5 bucks to play all day. It looks like a nice course from the pics and reviews. Your buddy is right about drivers being fairly solid and not good to play catch with. I've seen discs draw blood when people get hit accidentally. A lot of manufacturers make the same disc in various hardness of plastics for feel and quality differences.
I'm still tracking steps but my Fitbit has seen better days. It takes a beating, especially at work, and not sure how much longer it's going to be around. I had my first 30k + step day of the year a week or two ago.
How was your weekend? Did you cook up anything special? Anytime is a good time to get the grill going!
I had another super busy weekend. My bro and I went to see a local band called Undercover Organism on Friday night. They play a jam, funk, groove electronic fusion music. They were great and it was nice to get to hear some new music that was good. Saturday night was Thee Grateful Dubb Band. They got a late start on Saturday and I was up way past my bedtime again but had a lot of fun. Sunday morning we got up early and headed up to my moms place and put the pier and boat in the water. It was nice to get that done and I hope she can spend a lot of time ther this summer. On the way back I picked up a zip of shrooms so we are set for the summer. Not sure if these are going to be as strong as the PE's I took last time but they look great. Was told they are "Hawaiians". I don't know my mushroom strains at all but looking forward to sampling. I'm feeling tired after all of the driving and late nights and glad I have today off. But I have a lot to do today in the yard and around the house. Also it's sunny and the mountain bike trails are open so I'm going to get my first ride of the spring in today. Maybe I'll get to rest next weekend.
I hope your weekend was good and your week is off to a great start!

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
Good morning big315.
D&C are doing a decent job and are the closest we get to the boys. I've seen them 6 times (4x alpine valley and 2x Boulder) and have tickets to 4 shows (2x wrigley and 2x Boulder) coming up in the next few weeks. They sound pretty good but play pretty slow versions (sometimes painfully slow) but also very jammy. I've had a great time at all of the shows I've been to and I love my home venue at alpine but I must say that the Boulder shows from last year were my favorite. The university is super cool and let's a huge shakedown street go down on campus parking lots. I can't wait to get back there this year!
Speaking of the music I'm really digging the local scene here lately. There are a bunch of fun local bands that do a lot of the deads music. On Saturday night I saw a band called Thee Grateful Dubb Band play and we had a great time. They do some reggae but mostly GD songs with a dubby twist. I saw JRAD for the first time in February and will defenatly be seeing more of them, love the energy in their style of the music.

awesome will be seeing them at spac next month would love to go on tour but the grows hold me back. got a real good music scene up my way to love live music. never saw jrad live but seen them on nugs.net livestream once and liked what i saw. think gonna try catch them this summer. always find really good L on dead lot shakedowns are so much fun.