What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Fiddynut

Good afternoon friends.

@Badfishy. Haha Your right, we could all use a bunch more lights to work through our packs of seeds. I'm going to be touring a good sized commercial grow when I'm in Colorado in a couple weeks. It will be very interisting to see how the bigger guys operate. I will get to see the chemmy jones being grown and talk with the grower and I hope to learn a few things while I'm there.

@pop_rocks. Yes I was a bit miffed about the joints but I quickly got over it. I'm not use to hiding either but I dont usually have to go through security checkpoints because I don't get out that much. I totally get that they are trying to keep people safe and I'm in favor of some regulations at big public events, but a couple joints aren't going to be used as a weapon. I think they thought that they were being cool about it but it seemed like the dude was pretty happy about taking people's shit and that sucks in my opinion. I could never live with myself if I had that job. Most of the security guys are off duty cops so they are probably smiling inside as they do their thing. Most cops I've met love to show people that they are in control. You are so right that things change but some things remain the same too. I haven't even thought about the 4th yet. I have to work the 3rd and 5th so will probably take it easy and go catch some fireworks somewhere local. How about you?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
me and the mrs are both taking the 5th off work
i dont need the 4rth off so much as the 5th, the fire works dont start till about 9p so i could easily come home from work and still hit the grill
the kids all have their own plans for the evening, so we are going out for chinese food on wed for an early lunch and the its just me and the mrs for the night
we will probably grill something and then climb up on to the roof and enjoy the show,man
i love the 4rth of july its the perfect summer holiday;and its not uncommon for us to stay up on the roof long after the fireworks are over, just talking and blazing up
thats a drag about them busting you but a lot of it is just liability and them following the rules
weed still is illegal in a lot of states and they have to do "something" when they catch you
im just glad that now its just taking your shit away and maybe giving you a lecture
/the last time i got caught with weed here in california was back when i was in college; ran a stop sigh leaving a friends house and a cop happened to see it;he pulled me over and must have smelled the dope, i ended up getting a stern lecture and a $200ticket
i still remember when you could get a lot worse, just for having a joint
that sounds rad about your trip to CO! how were you able to swing that? is it something they offer or were you able to get a hook up?
kick ass my man, one more day to go and its the weekend
im ready for the end of this week, two days off, then back to work on monday for two days, then its the 4rth!
its summer time y'all

Fiddynut

me and the mrs are both taking the 5th off work
i dont need the 4rth off so much as the 5th, the fire works dont start till about 9p so i could easily come home from work and still hit the grill
the kids all have their own plans for the evening, so we are going out for chinese food on wed for an early lunch and the its just me and the mrs for the night
we will probably grill something and then climb up on to the roof and enjoy the show,man
i love the 4rth of july its the perfect summer holiday;and its not uncommon for us to stay up on the roof long after the fireworks are over, just talking and blazing up
thats a drag about them busting you but a lot of it is just liability and them following the rules
weed still is illegal in a lot of states and they have to do "something" when they catch you
im just glad that now its just taking your shit away and maybe giving you a lecture
/the last time i got caught with weed here in california was back when i was in college; ran a stop sigh leaving a friends house and a cop happened to see it;he pulled me over and must have smelled the dope, i ended up getting a stern lecture and a $200ticket
i still remember when you could get a lot worse, just for having a joint
that sounds rad about your trip to CO! how were you able to swing that? is it something they offer or were you able to get a hook up?
kick ass my man, one more day to go and its the weekend
im ready for the end of this week, two days off, then back to work on monday for two days, then its the 4rth!
its summer time y'all
Good afternoon pop_rocks.

Yes for sure you have the right attitude about the joints. Since I'm in a no med no rec state it could have been a lot worse and I should be happy not to have gotten a ticket or kicked out of the show or something. I suppose even a trip to jail wouldn't have been out of the question if they really wanted to push it. Just gotta be grateful it wasn't worse.

That's cool you guys have the 5th off. Chinese food for lunch and a good old grill out for dinner is perfict for the holliday. Have you decided what to throw on the grill. I will probably keep it simple and all American like burgers, brats and hot dogs. I'd like to find some sweet corn to grill up too. It's too early for local corn but sometimes the stuf they ship up from down south is pretty good.

My brothers buddy that lives in CO has the friend that grows the chemmy jones. My bro has met the guy a couple times and he said he would give us a tour when we come out. I don't think he lets many people see his set up, but my bros friend and him are really good friends and they have talked with him about my grows. I will try to learn some things and if it's ok with him I'll take a couple pics and share them when I get back.

I hope your week kicked ass and you have a great weekend brother.

Fiddynut

Harvest update - Red eye Jedi edition

Harvest update - Red eye Jedi edition

I took a few bud shots of the red eye Jedi plants that I harvested a couple weeks ago. I haven't been sampling much so I can't speak to flavors but the scent is starting to change with some cure time. In a couple weeks I should know what I've got here. I'm cautiously optimistic that these are going to be some great buds. The resin coverage on them is pretty crazy. The only other thing that I've grown that even compares to this coverage is the gorilla bubble I grew about a year ago, but I think these have more, especially the #1.

I got 6 jars of the 2 #1 plants and 3 jars off the #2 plant. The buds are denser than most of the stuff I've grown as well. It looks like I got about 2-1/2 oz off each plant.

Here is a couple shots of the #1.

And a couple of the #2.

Smoke reports in a couple weeks!

packerfan79

Veteran
I took a few bud shots of the red eye Jedi plants that I harvested a couple weeks ago. I haven't been sampling much so I can't speak to flavors but the scent is starting to change with some cure time. In a couple weeks I should know what I've got here. I'm cautiously optimistic that these are going to be some great buds. The resin coverage on them is pretty crazy. The only other thing that I've grown that even compares to this coverage is the gorilla bubble I grew about a year ago, but I think these have more, especially the #1.

I got 6 jars of the 2 #1 plants and 3 jars off the #2 plant. The buds are denser than most of the stuff I've grown as well. It looks like I got about 2-1/2 oz off each plant.

Here is a couple shots of the #1.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=75754&pictureid=1863740&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=75754&pictureid=1863741&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

And a couple of the #2.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=75754&pictureid=1863742&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=75754&pictureid=1863743&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Smoke reports in a couple weeks!

Looking good Fiddynuts. Hopefully they smoke as good as they look.

Fiddynut

Looking good Fiddynuts. Hopefully they smoke as good as they look.
Good evening Packerfan.

Thanks brother! I hope they are tasty and potent, with that amount of resin I'm pretty sure they will be potent. And thanks again for the seeds. These plants were a pleasure to grow!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
we made it to the weekend fellas! im ready to enjoy the down time i have the next two days off, then work two, then two more days off, go abck on friday and its the following weekend!

that sounds rad about your visit to co and i hope you enjoy your time there
in addition to checking out this guys garden are you planning on going to any of the legal shops?
its sounds like a blast and i cant wait to hear how you liked it
we still havent really firmed up the menu yet, but i like the idea of going the burgers route
i love a good burger plus its something thats easy to eat without having to make a production out of things
i could even bring a few up onto the roof with us in case i want a snack
we will be hitting up the market this weekend so i will know by tomorrow what we will have
/i noticed pork ribs were on sale so i will get some of those, most likely going with the st louis style ones
fresh corn sounds good and i love it off the grill
so i got this bottle of tony chacheres creole seasoning that was mentioned in another thread and its pretty good
definitely different from old bay; any suggestions on what to make?
im thinking im going to make some dirty rice this weekend and maybe get some shrimp
it has a nice kick with a lot of flavor on the back end
the buds look awesome fiddy and i hope they are ready for the fourth'
what do you think your goign to be doing for the holiday?

Badfishy1

Gotta go w a seafood boil bud... whether it be crab or shrimp of crawfish (if available)... throw ingredients in pot, apply heat, come back and eat

Strangely, Chachere's goes really well on everything. Chicken, fish, pork. But im originally from the south so those seasonings are in my blood.

Fiddy, i hope your trip here is awesome. Colorado has many perks. And now the colleges are studying it along side the govt so its exciting and a lot like the old west. Me and my mrs have been in and out of the industry here in various roles. Its alwsy fun to pick another growers brain. (Thanks icmag.com!!)Finding good weed here is so much easier than elsewhere.

Just a pause for thought. Ive had 5 sucessful grows. All because of what i learned here from yall. Big ups.

Fiddynut

Howdy friends.

Summer is back in full force here it's mid 90's and humid but I'm loving it. My bro and I went for a nice hour and a half mountain bike ride this morning by 6 it was allready in the 80's and really humid. This time his bike stayed in one piece and we had a great time. Over 19k steps and not even 2 pm here, defenatley going to shoot a game of disc after work.

@pop_rocks. Yes for sure Im Going to have a great time. We are going mostly for the shows but we will spend any other free time enjoying what there is to be enjoyed. We do plan on hitting up some rec shops since I've yet to go into one. Hoping to find something especially dank for the shows.
Burgers are a great idea for the 4th and what could be more classic American than that. I'm a huge fan of St. Louis ribs, in fact I haven't cooked any baby back ribs since I learned how to do St. Louis, more meat and better flavor in my opinion. I really haven't thought about what I might cook up but you have me thinking about doing a couple racks of ribs on the 4th. tony chacheres creole seasoning Is good stuff I think the saying goes "I put that shit on everything" or something like that. I love a good creole chicken Brest sandwich myself.
I don't think the buds will be ready for the 4th but they should b good in a couple weeks. I've got plenty of the 91xSL left so I'm good.
Have a great weekend brother.

@ColoSpringBudZ. Welcome to our little jungle brother, glad to have you here. I'm going to have a blast on the trip I'm sure. I haven't been to CO in a long time, in the 90's I use to do a lot of snowboarding there, but haven't been there in summer. Planning on making the best of a short trip and also planning a longer trip for later in the fall when we bring our mountain bikes and do more exploring in nature.
Congratulations on your successful grows. I'm in the same boat of learning everything I've learned about growing here on icmag and I'm so grateful to have such a resource.

Fiddynut

Odds and ends

Odds and ends

Greetings friends.

I hope everyone had a great weekend! It was hot here in wisco but I managed to get a couple of very good mountain bike rides and a game of disc golf in. After a good ride on Saturday morning we decided to hit the big boy state trails in the southern kettle on Sunday. It must have rained because it was really muddy and slick. It took us almost an hour and a half to get through the 8 mile advanced loop Sunday morning, the many climbs were very difficult with traction at a premium. It was so slick it was hard to carry much speed in the downhill sections. It was a tough ride but lots of fun! Here is a pic of our bikes on the trail side.

The GSC plant I took down a week or so ago is dry and has started curing. Way too early to tell how the scent and taste will develop. Buds are nice and dense and very hairy.

On Saturday I put my next 4 victims in the flower tent. All are bodhi's granola funk from clone. Let the streach begin!

packerfan79

Veteran
Greetings friends.

I hope everyone had a great weekend! It was hot here in wisco but I managed to get a couple of very good mountain bike rides and a game of disc golf in. After a good ride on Saturday morning we decided to hit the big boy state trails in the southern kettle on Sunday. It must have rained because it was really muddy and slick. It took us almost an hour and a half to get through the 8 mile advanced loop Sunday morning, the many climbs were very difficult with traction at a premium. It was so slick it was hard to carry much speed in the downhill sections. It was a tough ride but lots of fun! Here is a pic of our bikes on the trail side.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69749&pictureid=1864647&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

The GSC plant I took down a week or so ago is dry and has started curing. Way too early to tell how the scent and taste will develop. Buds are nice and dense and very hairy.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69749&pictureid=1863745&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

On Saturday I put my next 4 victims in the flower tent. All are bodhi's granola funk from clone. Let the streach begin!
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76275&pictureid=1864644&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76275&pictureid=1864646&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76275&pictureid=1864645&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Damn Fiddynuts, you are killing it. Sounds like you are getting a fat stash. Nice to have a bunch of different varieties to puff on.

Badfishy1

GSC looking good fiddy! Washed some trim this weekend with a buddy of mine. results were decent... nothing great, but not horrible. I’ve always had a soft spot for true hash over extracts.... the 73u came out looking amazing. Going to see if after cure we can make some frenchy cannoli style temple balls... as always tho, the genetics and grower determine final outcome. Have a few more in 30 gals to pull down in the next few weeks so hopefully all will end well right before my birthday lol

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.

I hope everyone is doing well! Im not lucky enough to have extra days off for the holiday this week but I hope many of you do and are enjoying yourselves. I want to wish all of you a happy and safe 4th tomorrow.

@packerfan. Thanks brother. I'm getting a good stash built up for sure and really digging the red eye Jedi. I sampled some from the jars last night and after a bowl my bro and I were super high, forgetting what we were talking about mid sentence and that type of thing. I'm also getting my timing down to minimize the down time between runs, I think the flower tent was only empty for about 10 days this time.

@Badfishy. Yep the GSC is nice and frosty as well, looking forward to seeing how the flavor is on that in a few weeks. That's great you got some nice hash made. I made a nice golf ball sized hash ball a couple months ago but I must have rushed drying it and not done a good job b cause the ball got all moldy. Stupid mistake! It's good to hear that things are going well in your garden!

packerfan79

Veteran
Greetings friends.

I hope everyone is doing well! Im not lucky enough to have extra days off for the holiday this week but I hope many of you do and are enjoying yourselves. I want to wish all of you a happy and safe 4th tomorrow.

@packerfan. Thanks brother. I'm getting a good stash built up for sure and really digging the red eye Jedi. I sampled some from the jars last night and after a bowl my bro and I were super high, forgetting what we were talking about mid sentence and that type of thing. I'm also getting my timing down to minimize the down time between runs, I think the flower tent was only empty for about 10 days this time.

@Badfishy. Yep the GSC is nice and frosty as well, looking forward to seeing how the flavor is on that in a few weeks. That's great you got some nice hash made. I made a nice golf ball sized hash ball a couple months ago but I must have rushed drying it and not done a good job b cause the ball got all moldy. Stupid mistake! It's good to hear that things are going well in your garden!

That sucks about the hash. I usually chop it out till it's small pieces so it dries out. Glad the jedi turned out good for you. How was the yeild on the GSC? I got a cut years ago, but it was a fake. I have never ran the real deal.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening guys!
hope everyone had a great 4rth of july!
that sucks about the hash going bad, fish
the stuff last a long time once its pressed but you want to get tit really dry before you press it
like p'fan said, i like to chop it up too so it has more surface area to dry
so when you are pulling the plants in the 30g containers?
i bet those are monsters
when is the b'day, bruh?do you have any plans?
whatever you do, hope you have a great birthday day and get to enjoy the family and all the things you like

hey fiddy!
nice coat of mud on those bikes! i bet the fatty really shines in the loose stuff
nice plants for sure! and your new girls look like they are doing great
it sounds like you have gotten your system dialed man and are pulling down good weed on a regular basis
i ended up meeting up with that guy who grows and it was a cool time!
he showed me a few of his veg rooms plus we got to talk a lot about growing
i ended up gifted a few clones of a tahoeOG plus some dank weed!
the mrs is up so we are going to go for a hike and then stop by the store
hope you had a great 4rth, man!

Badfishy1

Thanks pops. I wouldn’t say the wash went ‘bad’ just have room for improvement. Birthday is the 19th. Don’t really have any plans atm, as the majority of my family is up in Wisco until the 21st and 25th so will do something with them when they return. We will bring down 2 30gals within the next week or 2 and then probably be a month(ish) for the rest to come down. The heat here is something fierce atm and the afternoon rains are pounding the fck out of them... just hoping enough air movement to prevent rot

packerfan79

Veteran
happening guys!
hope everyone had a great 4rth of july!
that sucks about the hash going bad, fish
the stuff last a long time once its pressed but you want to get tit really dry before you press it
like p'fan said, i like to chop it up too so it has more surface area to dry
so when you are pulling the plants in the 30g containers?
i bet those are monsters
when is the b'day, bruh?do you have any plans?
whatever you do, hope you have a great birthday day and get to enjoy the family and all the things you like

hey fiddy!
nice coat of mud on those bikes! i bet the fatty really shines in the loose stuff
nice plants for sure! and your new girls look like they are doing great
it sounds like you have gotten your system dialed man and are pulling down good weed on a regular basis
i ended up meeting up with that guy who grows and it was a cool time!
he showed me a few of his veg rooms plus we got to talk a lot about growing
i ended up gifted a few clones of a tahoeOG plus some dank weed!
the mrs is up so we are going to go for a hike and then stop by the store
hope you had a great 4rth, man!

Nice score on the Tahoe og, I may have to bug you for a cut of that at some point.

We had a nice relaxing 4th. I took the kids swimming, bbq some burgers and dogs. Then we went to see a fireworks show.

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.

I hope everyone had a great holliday. I took a nice bike ride in the morning and played a couple games of disc in the afternoon, and grilled up some brats. A lot of place had their fireworks on the 3rd but I didn't get out and see any and I was too lazy to go out in the rain last night and catch fireworks either. That's ok, I've seen and lit off enough fireworks to last me a lifetime.

@Green989. Thanks brother! Can't wait to sample them.

@Packerfan. I'm going to be more carful with the hash drying process for sure next time. Yeild on the GSC was less than any of the red eye jedi, about a jar and a half or so from the GSC and 2-3 jars off each REJ. It was my last Cali connection fem seed that I got with the first packs of seeds I ever bought before I started growing. I've had people tell me that swerve at CC never had the cut either and his are fakes but I don't know for sure what the deal is with that. It has good resin coverage and we will see how it tastes in a couple weeks.

@pop_rocks. Yes sir, we got those bikes really muddy on Sunday and my bike was way better at dealing with the conditions than my bros. I was able to keep climbing when he would spin and carry more speed through the slippery corners. The more I ride the thing the more I like it! We rode the same trail again yesterday in much dryer conditions and really had a blast. After the 8 mile loop I was feeling great and soon I should be able to do much longer rides.
I do feel like I'm getting a good system down and there is less and less time waisted between each flower cycle.
That's great that you got to meet up with your grower buddy! I love seeing how others growing systems work. Did you learn anything interisting that he does? That's great about the Tahoe OG, I remember getting some dank that was labeled Tahoe a few years back, was great stuff. Have a great hike and I hope your 4th was a great time as well!