What's new

Fess up! how many of you old farts need a nap?

H

HighPlainsToker

I think I'm good until the end of the hockey game, but there'll be a few zzzzzs during football.

C

Classy@Home

Just had one - to be fair, I have bad chest coff/cold, hacking lumps up...

My asthma make chest colds a real problem - not being able to breathe correctly is scary...

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My asthma make chest colds a real problem - not being able to breathe correctly is scary...

I think I was about 15 yrs old & had a touch of bronchitis which was diagnosed by my dad and went unmedicated. I was a very slim teenager & rarely found myself in the kitchen after going to bed but this one night was different, waking fairly hungry I went downstairs for a snack.

My dad was fast asleep in his easy chair nearby in the den when I suddenly started having an attack where I could breathe out but not draw a breath in, this went on long enough that I was getting dizzy and the act of exhaling out wasn't making enough noise to wake my dad so I started pounding the walls.

Dad woke and came rushing into the kitchen, all he had to do was pat me on the back a few times & I was able to catch my breath.

I sympathize with you on the asthma bro.......

AugustWest

Veteran
i can't get through a day w/o a nap..

man i had my ex wife trained so well too.. she'd always have nap time scheduled into any vacations we had..

i wonder if that's why she's my ex wife now...

masamaaso

Veteran
I nap every day when the suns high and it hot,, wake up bout 4 or so and finish off what ever was over heating me earlier.
But there is a hook to my naps,,leave me be and let me wake up on my own and I'm tap dancing singing good ship lollipop,mr f*ckin wonderful,,,,,wake me up,,,there needs to be a dam fine reason and mr wonderful is a no show.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I've been sleeping a good 6-8 hours solid for about the last 2 weeks now, my docotr's prescribed me some Gabapentin and along w/my AmbienCR it's really eliminated the need for naps right now.

one last issue I have is still getting to sleep @ the right hour, oddly enough it seems that I feel/get somewhat energized directly after taking those meds even though the AmienCR is supposed to KO you right away.

Suspect

Veteran
Slept until 10 in the moan, took a nap at 12, woke up at 2..
Now I'm just confused and dizzy, almost an OBE experience :D

edit. im not an old fart but i like naps just like you old farts

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Took my sleep meds last night & fell asleep in my task chair yet again, a ringing telephone wakes me @ 1:30pm. I wanted so badly to have a decent nights sleep in bed. I don't feel good right now, poor sleep sitting up doesn't count for much, I'm gonna try to get a couple more hours of shut eye starting in a few minutes

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
no poor sleep sitting up doesnt count for much mate,,,

you should get a massage, for people with back problems that cant get long decent sleep sometimes it helps alot,, for one thing it releases lots of endorphins and makes it easier for the body to get them to where they are needed,, just a thought,, have a nice day buddy! :canabis:

:tiphat:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

not only can't I get a nap but now I have to make the trip down to Bemidji before a shop closes so I can't even rest anymore. Sleeping upright sucks, and it's the pain killers that allow me to sleep through it.

I need to change my meds somehow, maybe just the timing.

Cannagirl

Feeling you, Stoner4Life. I was in here reading for hours last night... usually reading helps put me to sleep but not always that's for sure. Tried Agent Orange mixed with G-Force and topped with some hash oil. No go. Pulled an all-nighter. Hope you're getting some decent sleep now.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
I dig a nap when the sun is shining through the window onto my bed. Get all lazy stretched out like a cat. I think I just purred. Its especially nice w/ a warm early spring breeze. cheers

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I'm wound tight as a drum right now, nap or a bunch of sleep I need some shuteye.......

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts