What's new

Fermented plant extracts

Oregonism

The information on the wikipedia page is readily available in other sources, I just didn't want to copy the info from a pdf. It's just standard chem book info available in many places.

http://hopsteiner.com/pdf/gly_bound.pdf

This guy is talking about glycocides, and calls linalool:

And he's by no means the only person who talks about the oxygenated terpenes being water soluble. In fact, there is linalool in orange juice, it ends up in beer from the hops, it goes quite well with water.

I guess I don't understand the context of "oxygenated" terpenes? Is that a terpene exposed to oxygen or isomerically bonding with O [terpenoid]?

I do believe they are in fact describing secoiridoids and iridoids but don't allude to it. And beer isn't technically a hydrolyze either. It is a fermentive product, which I have stated that I have pondered whether, the oxygen deprivation is a factor in extraction?

Oregonism

http://hopsteiner.com/pdf/gly_bound.pdf

This guy is talking about glycocides, and calls linalool:

Conclusions:
Depending on the hop variety, there are considerable amounts of
glycosides of monoterpene alcohols and nor-carotenoids in hop
pellets and ethanol pure resin extracts, but not in carbon dioxide
extracts.

They are still talking about glycosides, which I believe is a different concept.......

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
I don't know, my speciality is computers :) All I can do is look, and I see lots of info about it being water soluble.. if you say it isn't, cool.. I'll bow out, I can't go head to head with you on a chemistry front.

Oregonism

The information on the wikipedia page is readily available in other sources, I just didn't want to copy the info from a pdf. It's just standard chem book info available in many places.

Please provide a few of the names, I have a few sitting right here as well, maybe I can cross reference?

W89

Veteran
ixnay or anyone how do you copy from a pdf? when I open pdfs i cant do anything except read them unless i'm just blind?

I use adobe reader 9

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
ixnay or anyone how do you copy from a pdf? when I open pdfs i cant do anything except read them unless i'm just blind?

I use adobe reader 9

Use the select tool, normally you have the hand, to move the pdf around.

Oregonism

Here's one I found, lol.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.biosensory.com%2Fdocs%2FMosquitoL_ECSDSen.pdf&ei=Lio-UefSMoHerAH70YHwBA&usg=AFQjCNHw9OmpnCD8ebWFtusrdGcSDbUdWA&bvm=bv.43287494,d.aWM

Solubility (linalool):
Water solubility:
Poorly soluble - 0.16 g/100 ml

Solvents
Miscible with ethanol and ether

Here is the most important factor, your partition coefficient. An in depth analysis for chemistry geeks will factor this in. Here it is hard to just present "facts" and then understand what facts you are actually presenting. Rather than, "Here is 157 pages of something I read the 1st line from.........

Chemistry is the basis for all this stuff, yet the experts round here, don't know the diff between covalent and carbon bond........google it.

Partition coefficient(linalool):
Kow = 2.97 (n-octanol/water)

Oregonism

c) Total chemical synthesis
of linalool is by way of 2-methyl-2-hepten-6-one. It may start from
reaction of acetylene with acetone resulting in 3-methyl-1-butyn-3-ol, which is hydrated over a
palladium catalyst to 3-methyl-1-buten-3-ol, that is
in turn reacted with either diketene or acetic
acid ester to the acetoacetate and the latter thermally reacted to 2-methyl-2-hepten-6-one. Alternati-
vely, 3-methyl-1-buten-3-ol is reacted with isopropenyl methyl ether to 2-methyl-2-hepten-6-one.
In a third synthetic pathway, isoprene hydrochlor
ide is reacted with acetone in the presence of
either an alkaline condensating agent or organic
bases as catalysts to 2-methyl-2-hepten-6-one. 2-
Methyl-2-hepten-6-one is finally reacted with
acetylene to dehydrolinalool, which is partially
hydrogenated. Industrial linalool is generally the dl-racemate.

There is a common practice to label this type[synthetic isomer] of linalool as organic, look it up!

[middle of page 7:]......Traditionally, a lot of linalool, beside other terpene compounds, has been (and still is) used in the form of natural products such as dried herbs as a fumigant for the storage of cereals and pulses against insect pests; however, this use cannot be reasonably quantified. Nor is the overall natural biosynthesis and release of linalool easy to estimate.

C

c-ray

some activated em (AEM) and AEM based plant ferments

got horsetail, comfrey, nettles, kelp and soft rock phosphate based AEMs, straight AEM, ormus enhanced AEM, and some bd prep enhanced AEM's

been working with EM brews since 1997

Oregonism

he doesnt say the seeds will produce linalool you dick.

read it properly if you know you know... simple

You are correct, thanks for the kind words. Hey wasn't talking about seeds. I don't know what you are talking about. Thanks for tagging along!

Oregonism

got horsetail, comfrey, nettles, kelp and soft rock phosphate based AEMs, straight AEM, ormus enhanced AEM, and some bd prep enhanced AEM's

been working with EM brews since 1997

Tell me about the soft rock phosphate! Very curious, I have been adding my greensand [glauconite] and small bits of kaolin like clay to my brews, very interested to hear about your methods!

peace.

Latest posts

Latest posts