What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

fce 4800 and fc4800 side by side...or...unclefishstick's 9600 problems

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
finally done trimming the last round....2.6 lbs or a bit over 42 oz

next round already 2 weeks in..

IMG_20211109_180904808.jpg

LostTribe

Premium user
Unc hows it growing? Nicely done!

I have been looking at these two lights and now that you've had a run on them want to know if you have a preference for one or the other and did you see any differences growth and finish wise?

Not sure if it was a typo or not but looks like the two have a different chip count with bridgelux at 2646 and Samsung at 2016 chips. I wonder if the chips are different sizes then.

Best LT

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Unc hows it growing? Nicely done!

I have been looking at these two lights and now that you've had a run on them want to know if you have a preference for one or the other and did you see any differences growth and finish wise?

Not sure if it was a typo or not but looks like the two have a different chip count with bridgelux at 2646 and Samsung at 2016 chips. I wonder if the chips are different sizes then.

Best LT

if i recall correctly there's a pic of the chip side of the lamps 1st post.

the main difference i see is the way the bars are positioned on the fce model the edges get a better intensity of light. aside from that i have no hard data to say one side did better than the other weight wise

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I almost wish my current light would die so I can get one of these. Almost.

Great grow, just keeps trucking along.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
up to week 7 now,just three more to go...need to get a few more stakes in,aside from that everything going along well...some minor yellowing at the bottom of some plants,seem to be getting the aptus nutes dialed in this time...

IMG_20211215_174209800.jpg
IMG_20211215_174212613.jpg
IMG_20211215_174215474.jpg