What's new

fce 4800 and fc4800 side by side...or...unclefishstick's 9600 problems

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
alrighty....round three chopped and drying,round four ready to go...

this time there's 13 relentless genetics Chem D x Runtz and 5 cherry cookies also from relentless....the first is a seed run,the second a tightly held breeders cut...

IMG_20220110_151540909.jpg
IMG_20220110_151548194.jpg
IMG_20220110_172844526.jpg

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Purple Frosty Gold it should be called. Looks awesome Unc!

So it is safe to say Relentless' seeds all seem to yield well? I used to grow his Fire OG and it was a spear bush. I like his work!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Purple Frosty Gold it should be called. Looks awesome Unc!

So it is safe to say Relentless' seeds all seem to yield well? I used to grow his Fire OG and it was a spear bush. I like his work!

the 5 varieties i'm running all do really well on yield...add unique terps and no one else here having them the sell quick too...make that 6 strains i'm running....now these,which should be stinkers

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
i gotta get an led, and i'm leaning towards the fce4800 against the fc4800 because of the movable light rails - seems like an excellent concept, wondering why they don't change over the fc to this ... or will they (?)... only reservation are the bridgelux diodes against the samsung/osram.... i done some reading, and it appears that the bridgelux's are no slouch , but not as good as the samsung/osram combo - u have real world experience... what u say??

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i gotta get an led, and i'm leaning towards the fce4800 against the fc4800 because of the movable light rails - seems like an excellent concept, wondering why they don't change over the fc to this ... or will they (?)... only reservation are the bridgelux diodes against the samsung/osram.... i done some reading, and it appears that the bridgelux's are no slouch , but not as good as the samsung/osram combo - u have real world experience... what u say??

i don't really have any relevant data as in a yield comparison between the two lights. my eyes are saying the edges of the footprint do better with the fce,but as i said no hard data to back it up. i would recommend either light equally really,this particular setup has been very consistent as far as yield goes,if i recall correctly the fce uses less juice and cost less if that's a factor

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
thanks... $$$ is not a factor... i am using 2x315 cmh, n the edges cerainly is a weak spot for me in my 4x3.5ft tent ... maybe ms mars will chime in with what they have coming up in 22- thanks

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Mars is telling me they have stepped up to the 0-10v control on the FCE 4800. If so, that means they can now be controlled remotely like the rest of the premium lights in the industry. Watch my grow diary for a possible test.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor

FC was released before the FCE series. At that time, the foldable design is very popular. So we made it. And we think there might be some people want to use this bar design light but their budget might not allowed to afford a samsung chip light. So we used the bridgelux chip. The detachable and removable bar design are our unique features then. Now some other suppliers also apply this function.

We might consider to upgrade the FC to be detachable this year. But i cannot make sure. Let's see what will happen. :D

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
already a week in on the next round,considering that these have chem d in the mix i'm guessing they could go as long as 12 weeks...

IMG_20220120_180604745.jpg
IMG_20220120_180607687.jpg
IMG_20220120_180609895.jpg