What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

fce 4800 and fc4800 side by side...or...unclefishstick's 9600 problems

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
almost done! just another couple of weeks to go...

IMG_20211223_181633152.jpg
IMG_20211223_181637455.jpg
IMG_20211223_181659280.jpg
IMG_20211223_181708391.jpg

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
63 days done now! just a bit over a week left,last feeding yesterday...looking like another productive run...i do have 2 forum cookies and 3 mac1 so no doubt not as much as a monocrop,but 2lbs is in reach i would think...

DSC08618.JPG
DSC08619.JPG
DSC08620.JPG
DSC08623.JPG

Alpenglow

Nice as always Unc! 😎
Now after a couple runs, any noticeable differences between the lamps, which series would you prefer for a new room?
Difference in handling when adjusting the height?

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice as always Unc! 😎
Now after a couple runs, any noticeable differences between the lamps, which series would you prefer for a new room?
Difference in handling when adjusting the height?

the edges do a bit better with the fce,other than that no substantial difference...and ratchet hangers are the same no matter the light

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
the edges do a bit better with the fce,other than that no substantial difference...and ratchet hangers are the same no matter the light

so about same production , but better light distrbution , and the lamp is a bit cheaper... sounds like fce is a winner... i wish they would have adjustable rails on the fc along with the samsung chips, tho apparently the bridgelux chips are no slotch

Alpenglow

so about same production , but better light distrbution , and the lamp is a bit cheaper... sounds like fce is a winner... i wish they would have adjustable rails on the fc along with the samsung chips, tho apparently the bridgelux chips are no slotch

Sounds like you would prefer the Samsung diodes cause of the efficiency?

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Sounds like you would prefer the Samsung diodes cause of the efficiency?

if possible yes, as they seem to be the best chips out there - at this moment .... but with tech moving so quickly, maybe tomm ot will be another chip that outpeforms samsung- tech is wonderful... buy something today, by the time u receive the item in a week, its relegated to the 2nd string...

Alpenglow

if possible yes, as they seem to be the best chips out there - at this moment .... but with tech moving so quickly, maybe tomm ot will be another chip that outpeforms samsung- tech is wonderful... buy something today, by the time u receive the item in a week, its relegated to the 2nd string...

Thats the point, you get a lot of electricity for that money till the Samsungs outplayed the Bridgelux.
6 years back COB´s were the shit, then came the boards, now the stripes...
in 5 years the FCE still will be a great veg light if you want the next light.
My cob´s still running, but if i would build a new room i would replace or integrate them in the new setup with stripes.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
day 69...one more watering to go then harvest,so a little over 10 weeks total...some nice chonky buds in there,did a good job on the initial staking,i hove only added a few since,maybe another dozen zip ties...might lose some yield this way,but it's way easier to deal with than trellis netting...

mainly gelato 41 x banana og bx from relentless...a couple forum cookies and 3 mac1

IMG_20220104_181914058.jpg
IMG_20220104_181919057.jpg
IMG_20220104_181922181.jpg
IMG_20220104_181928292.jpg

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
day 69...one more watering to go then harvest,so a little over 10 weeks total...some nice chonky buds in there,did a good job on the initial staking,i hove only added a few since,maybe another dozen zip ties...might lose some yield this way,but it's way easier to deal with than trellis netting...

mainly gelato 41 x banana og bx from relentless...a couple forum cookies and 3 mac1

breathtaking view. :biggrin: