What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

farmerlions first greenhouse grow

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
August 12th updates.

August 12th updates.

This is the China Yunnan. It has been the most interesting plant in the greenhouse to me. I wonder how it would have expressed phenotypes in my indoor grow room. The plants have grown more robust, aromatic and healthier in my new environment this season.
This is the Golden Tiger. It has very different growth patterns compared to the GT I had indoor last season. This GT was a single column 22" tall from soil. It ended up being one 18" long main cola. It was cured and given to a few friends. They really enjoyed it. I'm curious to see the difference in their smoke reports this season after harvest and curing.
This is a picture in the door. 11 plants were topped two weeks ago. Some of the plants along the sides will be moved towards the center as flowering height is needed. The weather has been rainy the last week. It has helped me with parenting as I was busy as hell the last two weeks at work. The girls had a real heavy misting this morning and the fans are on to keep them happy. Now that flowering is gaining momentum. I won't be spraying them with water anymore. Have a great weekend and happy growing my friends. Peace :tiphat:

ULMW

Greetings FarmerLion, Nice photos and updates! Place looking full of happy energies! Well done! Happy growing!

deepwaterdude

Wowo, they look much more orderly than I had imagined they would at this point. Topping probably didn't hurt much. Maybe you'll get a few zips less here and there, but definitely no worries! Beautiful realization of a dream.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
August 13th updates

August 13th updates

ULMW, Deepwaterdude, Samuel Caldwell. Thank you guys for stopping by again. I took new pictures of all the plants. We have family and friends out for the weekend swimming and some partying. Peace
Center of greenhouse.
Right side of greenhouse.
Left side of greenhouse.
The small Purple Malawi planted late, no pistils yet.
One of my favorites. Angola x Kali China. This plant doesn't have any pistils yet but she is very close. There is a lot of new growth pushing out all over. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
8-13 updates

8-13 updates

Lilly x MaPettit has pistils in clusters.
NepJam x Kali China A" has pistils, B" has pistils in clusters.
The Peyote Purple A" has a couple pistils, B" has nothing yet but is close.
Malawi x Kali China A" Has pistils, B" doesn't yet. Bright lime green color.
Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
8-13 updates

8-13 updates

Malawi x MaPettit no pistils yet.
The Golden Tiger has pistils developing all over.
The Guawi, Has pistils but no clusters yet.
I didn't find any pistils on this Acapulco Gold yet.
This is the Zipolite Oaxacan, Only a few pistils were found on her today. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
8-13 updates

8-13 updates

This China Yunnan is a double meristem. The left green meristem doesn't have any pistils yet but the colorful right meristem does.
The late planted New Malawi Killer. No flowering started yet.
Zamaldelica x Kali China, While both plants have developed red stems only the left plant has pistils so far.
This is the Purple Mexican. The plant on the right is the only one with pistils so far.
Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
8-13 updates

8-13 updates

The Destroyer's, Thai left and Colombian dominant right. Neither have pistils formed yet. The Thai dominant plant on left is getting red stems now like the Colombian plant.
These two are the Michoacán Cream's from CBG. Neither has pistils yet but much new growth on both. I expected the right plant to be male. It should have had nanners by now???
A" left no pistils. B" on right does have pistils. Queen Mother
These are the Orient Express x NepJam. There isn't any pistils on these plants that I could see. I didn't expect any until later this month on any of the plants. So the plants that have started flowering will be further along before the weather changes. Thank you all for stopping by to see this grow. A special thanks to (Ace, CBG, Original Delicatessen, and Bohdi seeds). It has been a true joy growing out these genetics. While this has been a great opportunity to learn a new grow environment. The quality of these genetics has made the learning curve much easier to experience. As always a special thanks to Dubi! Allowing me to try several testers this season. There is still a long time of flowering to go. Keeping up with weather changes and long days of work will be challenging. Peace

Last edited:

gorilla ganja

Thanks for the detailed report.I'm very much interested to see which ones finish first for you. As well as which ones trigger when. How many hrs of daylight are you getting right now?
Your doing an excellent job. They look healthy going into flower.

Peace GG

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Gorilla Ganja, Thank you for your kind words. I'm never really sure how much information to include with a post. Sometimes time dictates what I can or can't do for me. I use a lot of information from other growers to help refine several aspects of my grows. Right I'm getting roughly 13 hours of daylight. It's dropping a couple minutes a day. I have a days of light schedule that gives the total light each day in progression. I will try to add most pertinent information. If anybody has any specific questions please ask away. I expect several more to start in the next week or so. I will try and update here as time permits. Peace

ULMW

Fantastic greenhouse grow! Great great job! Can feel the healthy energy from just looking at the pictures. Nice and tidy garden too. Very wise. Wish there was a smelling app so as to catch a waft of that green house of aromatic goodness!!! I love tomato and roses in greenhouses and can only imagine how overpowering the terpenes can build up in your great greenhouse grow FarmerLion.
Happy growing! Thanks for the pics and reports.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
ULMW, I must say it is pretty sweet. I had the door open yesterday and you could smell the goodness 200 yards away. Thanks for your kind words. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello again, Some more of the ladies had pistils this morning when I checked them. The left meristem of the double China Yunnan has started. Both of the Purple Mexicans the Oaxacan and Acapulco Gold have also started. So looking into my crystal ball a week ago. When I topped the Destroyer plants. I had determined B" Colombian dominant plant was a male. The new growth at branch nodes was slightly elevated on stalks and the plant had gained 12" in growth faster than the other. I decided without seeing any nanners that this plant would more than likely be a male. This is why I don't place any faith in my ability to pre sex plants. I was WRONG! I'm glad I didn't hastily cull the plant out of false pride. This morning she has many bud sites with pairs of pistils pushing out everywhere. In the end I did need to top this plant. I didn't have the room to rotate the grow bag and gain sufficient height. The Angola x Kali china has joined the party as well. Being Angola dominant I don't expect this plant to be a high yielder. I'm fine with that, having her in this form is like a bucket list dream come true. She will be cured and kept until I smoke again. Peace

ULMW

Nice update, glad the old haste makes waste did not ned to fulfill and you rescued the plant from culling. Pray she delivers you the happiest buds she can!
Angola x KC sounds very nice!!!!
Happy growing!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Thanks ULMW, I waiting for some buds to start forming. All my pictures seem like the same pictures over and over again. This week has been very busy and warm. Slightly wilted girls every night when I water again. I'm trying to keep them stress free but that isn't working well for me. Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts