What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

farmerlions first greenhouse grow

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Flowering update

Flowering update

Hello all, Holeshot22, Claude Hopper, ULMW. Thanks for stopping by guys. We all wait what seems like forever for our ladies to mature. Then the excitement, Pistils! Wooweed! Then you realize the process doesn't get any faster it just slowly changes and keeps going. My anticipation seems to have brought time to a crawl. But only as growing is concerned. Everything else in life like our summer is still going by in a blur.

This is the NepJam x Kali China. They were the first to show pistils and now forming clusters. None of the other plants are even close to this plant in progress.
This is the Golden Tiger. While it has had pistils for a week it is pushing out more sites of pistil pair still. It isn't forming buds yet still in the transition stage to full on flowering.
Right aisle
Left aisle. Peace

deepwaterdude

Beautiful, lush jungle you've got there, farmerlion;) Can't believe you can still see aisles at all. That there is a full time job, looks like. That's a lot of girls, who are each a lotta girl, to take care of. Sometimes it feels like they put their roots right in my bloodstream and suck the energy right out;)

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Flowering updates

Flowering updates

The Guawi, This plant is like finding a $100.00 bill with another $100.00 bill stuck to it. Big smiles!
Michoacán Cream, From what I have seen so far. Everything with Central American genetics pushes out pairs of pistils over the entire plant before it starts forming groups and clusters. Some of my other genetics have branches mature slightly faster than other parts of the plant in the same time period.
The Zipolite Oaxaca. I'm a huge fan of this preservation from Bohdi.
This is another offering from Bohdi. This is the Acapulco Gold, It is very hard to even find a pistil on this plant. There is so many branches, nodes, stems to check for growth. Pulling dead dropped leaves out of the mass of plant is difficult and strains the eyes pretty hard. At least for me it's a challenge. Peace

orfeas

Veteran
Hello all, Holeshot22, Claude Hopper, ULMW. Thanks for stopping by guys. We all wait what seems like forever for our ladies to mature. Then the excitement, Pistils! Wooweed! Then you realize the process doesn't get any faster it just slowly changes and keeps going. My anticipation seems to have brought time to a crawl. But only as growing is concerned. Everything else in life like our summer is still going by in a blur.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73203&pictureid=1775186&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73203&pictureid=1775185&thumb=1]View Image[/url] This is the NepJam x Kali China. They were the first to show pistils and now forming clusters. None of the other plants are even close to this plant in progress.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73203&pictureid=1775187&thumb=1]View Image[/url] This is the Golden Tiger. While it has had pistils for a week it is pushing out more sites of pistil pair still. It isn't forming buds yet still in the transition stage to full on flowering.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73203&pictureid=1775188&thumb=1]View Image[/url] Right aisle
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73203&pictureid=1775190&thumb=1]View Image[/url] Left aisle. Peace

Very proud must you be of that Eden! Every time I look at it I spit on my bollocks :)

... Sometimes it feels like they put their roots right in my bloodstream and suck the energy right out;)
A metaphor that is almost no metaphor... :)

:tiphat:orfeas

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Flowering update continued.

Flowering update continued.

The Angola x Kali China has her own rhythm. She is like the favorite child we would never as parents admit to having. She isn't the (biggest, most mature, producer or colorful). Yet she holds my attention and I want the best for her in life.
The China Yunnan is the polar opposite of the Angola. This plant stands out in person. The confused Goth child that isn't sure where in life to fit in. While being unusual in appearance she has a very unique beauty. A resemblance to a normal child, but damn girl. You sure have your own style. I like it!
A picture looking in the door. I will sweep and vacuum after lunch. I'm trying to stay on top of pulling out all the leaves that are dying back. Keeping as much sunlight as possible to the center of the plants. The night time temperatures are in the upper 40's and mid 50's f now. I need to get my ass in gear and get these galls some heat in their house. I don't dare have the furnace installed now by a professional. I will most likely go with two vent less propane heaters. The extra Co2 should only help the girls in flowering. I hope you all have a great upcoming week with your grows. Peace :tiphat:

Last edited:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Deepwaterdude and Orfeas, Thank you both for your kind words. I'm fortunate that I enjoy all aspects of growing. It doesn't seem like work to me. I find it hard to comprehend that some people actually get paid to do this.
Orfeas, What's a bollock? Apparently I don't get out much. I enjoy following the progress of both your threads. Thank you for stopping by this one my friends. Peace

deepwaterdude

Extraordinary, ridonculous, a few words that come to mind. The Yunnan is just beautiful, odd and stout.
Ah, lad, try ta avoid your girls kickin ya i' the Bollocks if ya can;)

orfeas

Veteran
Deepwaterdude and Orfeas, Thank you both for your kind words. I'm fortunate that I enjoy all aspects of growing. It doesn't seem like work to me. I find it hard to comprehend that some people actually get paid to do this.
Orfeas, What's a bollock? Apparently I don't get out much. I enjoy following the progress of both your threads. Thank you for stopping by this one my friends. Peace

Hey, mate, absolutely my bad! How could I have expected anyone to suss out the meaning of a sentence I made to my own use, the aversion of the evil eye by spittin on them tests :biggrin: that is...not that I look at your beauties with such an eye... :biggrin:
thanks dwd for clarifying :)

:tiphat:Orfeas

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Orfeas and DeepWaterDude, Thank you kindly for the clarification. I'm pretty sure I may be even more confused now, but it has a very nice feeling. I'm going to take one more big puff of confusion. Go over to my friends house and try to explain what I can't remember. Holding a strait face and seeming very interested in his blank stair into the heavens. Knowing he is pondering the existence of our friendship and his sobriety. Peace

Samuel Caldwell

51OyIFJbXEL._SX300_.jpg

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Bollocks update

Bollocks update

The Sex Pistols, Samuel that's rich my friend. When I was stationed at Fort Bragg in the mid to late 80's I seen them and the Dead Milkmen at some dive. I think it was in a rodeo arena. Through the copious amounts of LSD we were doing back then. I vaguely remember a dirt floor in the place. Yet there is a good possibility I dreamed it all and never left my room. I'm almost positive I used to jump out of planes. I know I used to eat really shitty food and sleep outside in a whole I had dug. Peace
Orient Express x Nep Jam While this plant does have some pistils on her. The transition into flowering is gradual. As to be expected with natural light. Last season with my indoor grow and changing a timer. The chemical signal triggers a much faster change.
This Malawi x Kali China is the lightest and brightest green of any plant in the greenhouse. There is little to none of the Kali China genetics expressed in these two plants. I have several plants with the Kali China crossed with other genetics. The Angola is very sativa dominant as well. My plants with the NepJam seem to prefer the NepJam side versus the Orient Express or the Kali China side of the genetics. This is such a small sampling of seeds grown out. Next season everything could be very different. I have also noticed that a faster flowering sativa like those from Original Delicatessen. (lilly & MaPettit) are only really faster when their preferred light cycle is triggered. When they start flowering two to three weeks later than other strains. Faster flowering is only and fully dependent on the environment. My NepJam x Kali China started flowering a full week sooner than any other genetics in my environment. I will rely on my notes greatly as I refine what genetics perform best in my greenhouse. Have a great week! Peace

Samuel Caldwell

Sex Pistols, Dead Milkmen, Fort Bragg, LSD, rodeo arena, dirt floor...maybe? Hell, yeah!

ps-not in the service but I jumped out of a couple planes back in the 80's, too. just for fun.

allegedly.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Buddler, you will really enjoy the Kali China genetics. I know Ace is working on several cbd crosses. I can't help but daydream about a Guawi x Kali China. As you can see by my choice of genetics. I'm a big kali China fan. Thanks for stopping by. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Bushbandit, Thank you for stopping by and checking out my grow. I'm getting up early making coffee doing some notes while it's cool. I will take some pictures as I go. I will try and have a good update with some interesting observations. Some friends fished most of the day and caught several walleye. They had a ice cold Modello and a plate of fresh fish and potatoes for me. They are going back out in the morning. Good luck fella's!
Wishing you all a great weekend and happy growing. Peace

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi farmerlion,

It's a real pleasure to follow the progresses of your greenhouse :)
I really appreciate all the time you take and the efforts you do to keep us updated.
I'm glad to know that many of the strains you are growing are already starting to flower, upcoming 2 months are going to be very exciting on your side ;)
Please, keep up the good work as they are going to need your full attention now in their flowering stage.

Regarding the Sex Pistols, your comment really made me smile! :D
You are one of the very few fortunate persons who were able to see them live in their unique (and disastrous) american gig in the late 70s. I was a kid at that time and they didn't come in their european tour to Spain. They made a reunion gig in 96 ( i think), the 'filthy lucre' gig (at least they were honest with their intentions hehehehe) and i bought my ticket to see them live in their concert in Madrid, but unfortunately the organizer of the event canceled the concert just a few hours before the event due the incidents that happened when they were playing in north Europe just a few days before, so i lost my last chance to see the original members of the band (without Syd Vicious) playing together, obviously their gig in the 90s was nothing like their firsts and short gigs in the late 70s.

Apart from the very famous 'Anarchy in UK' and 'God save the Queen' songs of that album, my favourite song is 'Bodies':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qiRp8xcwAk

That's a really nice classic punk rock song! Some music critics say the Sex Pistols didn't know a shit about how to play their instruments, but this is false, the album sounds incredible well recorded and still rocks today like the first day .... the way Johnny Rotten sings, the way Steve Jones plays the guitar, and all the amazing songs included in the album are a fact, in fact this album had such impact that changed all the rock scene.

My youth days in rock concerts are foggy as well, lots of weed, lsd, anphetamines and alcohol ... the old crazy days :)

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Thanks Dubi, Many bands were living so fast and hard there wasn't any real chance they could do anything but implode. My friends and I weren't welcomed in most bars in Fayetteville NC. so we ran up to Charlotte and followed a bunch of people dressed crazy and had a blast. I think it was in 86.
Yes the next two months are going to be interesting for sure. I'm having an issue with some kind of little biting bug. It attacks the vein of the leaves. The Malawi x Kali China and the Michoacán Cream seem to be the least resistant. It looks to appear mostly on the yellowing leaves. But it could be causing the leaves to yellow as well. The little bastards hurt when they bite or piss on you. I'm not real sure which is the case. They are so small they can barely be seen with the eye. I noticed them on my white paper when I was doing notes this morning. They are brown and about the size of a period at the end of a sentence on the computer screen. ( . ) I will get some beneficial bugs ordered tonight so they should be here by the end of the coming week. Some cooler night temperatures may help as well. I'm going to leave a vent open tonight and a couple fans on. Peace