What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

farmerlions first greenhouse grow

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
back woods, Welcome my friend. As you can see I started the thread really early during the building of the greenhouse. The first several pages may be quite boring for people only looking for plant pictures. As we all know growing is a lot of work to start with. There are no short cuts to a quality grow or harvest. I felt for all of us that put in all the effort to do our best, It may be appreciated. I felt many of the growers here at Ace enjoy the whole process of the grow. Now I have to try and not screw things up on my end and get them to harvest. I can't lie, I love reading a good smoke report. They are still 6 to 7 weeks from the start of flowering. Then another 9 to 18 depending on strain. Please come back and check it out. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello everybody, Well it's midnight just ate and showered. My alarm to start it all over is eerily close already. I wanted to welcome The New Malawi Killer and the Purple Malawi to the greenhouse. They are both beautiful four leaf little jewels about 3/4" tall each. I haven't had any time to sort out an acidic water issue. Even my rain barrels have dropped .6 to .7 tenths. That isn't drastic I know but It's not where it should be at either. My goal isn't to get by with something that kind of works. I hope you have a great rest of your week. Peace

ULMW

Greetings Farmerlion,
Midsummer greetings. Powerful elements a move in Earth at these times. Hold strong , all will be well. You seem to be following your heart and guided well. Keep up the good works. Happy growing!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
ULMV, Thanks brother. Not everything works out as planned at times. But when we overcome adversities it makes the end results more enjoyable. Thanks for stopping by. Peace

Texicwaste666

I guess late is better than never to sub your post. i am jealous of your greenhouse. I started one and we got a big wind that destroyed it before I could get it all anchored and structurally finished. I'm going to enjoy watching your adventure.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Some different things I've noticed today

Some different things I've noticed today

Hello Texicwaste666, When I started I knew I would have real strong winds to deal with. I bought several rail road ties that averaged 180 pounds each. I anchored then together and into the ground with 5' long steel stakes pounded into the ground. The north side that gets the strongest winds is a 18" x 24" x 24' long oak beam. Our skid steer could only push it around not lift it. It is also anchored with steel stakes pounded into the ground. I have had 50 mph winds with gusts to 65 and so far all is well.

Some neat things I thought I would share. I enjoyed them, I hope you do to.
This is a unique 12 leaf bract from my Acapulco Gold. The other leaf bracts are 9 or 11.
These are both from Destroyer female plants. One is very Thai leaning. The other is very Columbian leaning. The branches and stems are starting to turn red. The aroma on the Thai leaf set is very light and the leaf serrations are very long. The Columbian leaf serrations are much closer and the aroma of the Columbian is much stronger. The Columbian with the red branches also has darker leaves. I look forward to seeing them continue to develop. My over nite temperatures dropped down to 45 degrees f. Some of the plants seemed to be a little stressed until it warmed up. I'm closing the vents and turned the fans off tonight trying to conserve some heat inside the greenhouse. I will see in the morning if it worked or not. I thought I could get by without the heater being installed until later. I guess I will have to get it plumbed in sooner than later. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
It's Sunday, warmer and greener.

It's Sunday, warmer and greener.

Hello, I had four days of less than ideal weather for June growing. And the Lord said Let There Be Cannabis. And there was Cannabis!
Greenhouse middle and left side from door.
Orient Express x NepJam.
Michoacán Cream. Purple Mexican.

Last edited:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Let there be more Cannabis.

Let there be more Cannabis.

Zamaldelica x Kali China.
New born Purple Malawi.
Lilly x MaPettit. NepJam x Kali China

Last edited:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
More Cannabis

More Cannabis

Peyote Purple.
Kali China x New Malawi Killer.
Malawi (pink hair) x MaPettit. I hope you have enjoyed the update of some of the ladies. It's a beautiful day here and all the girls has moved beyond being stressed from cold temps. Today was a great day to do some greenhouse cleaning and taking/finishing notes. I hope all of you have a great week. Happy growing! :tiphat: Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Soil drainage and water requirements, compounded.

Soil drainage and water requirements, compounded.

It stands to reason, The lighter of soil structure you have the faster the water will run through. Last seasons indoor grow, I had much higher soil to other substrate ratios. The soil became very hard and didn't breathe well. This year I used 40% to 45% peat moss. I used a higher percentage of worm castings with a larger granular soil compound. It drains very well. (To well) The grow bags with one plant are fine. The grow bags with two plants use water up faster.(obviously). The few grow bags with three plants are drooping by the end of a hot day. I will try and add some more worm castings to the top of the soil. I hope the will flush into the lower soils and give it more body to retain water. The Pink hair Malawi are three plants in a 40 gallon grow pot with a heavier soil mixture. They are doing just fine. There is five grow bags that are needing much more water to stay happy. I could cull one of the plants to reduce usage. For now I'm going to try and be more attentive to these few pots and water heavier. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
06/30/2017 Greenhouse update.

06/30/2017 Greenhouse update.

Malawi x MaPettit.
Kali China x New Malawi Killer.
Queen Mother. The QM's are in a light soil mix and using a lot of water. Getting harder to keep them happy working long days.
This is the Guawi, Two plants in a 45 gallon grow bags. They are also using water quickly. As soon as they get a good dose. You can almost watch them stand back up. Strong plants. Thanks Dubi Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
06/30/GH

06/30/GH

This is the China Yunnan that came up a double.
This is the Angola x Kali China. It had started out with some stunted growth. I think I didn't mix in guano and sheep manure thoroughly enough. She may have started out in a hot spot.
The NepJam x Kali China. :tiphat: Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
06/30/GH

06/30/GH

These two are my south of the border lovelies.
The Zipolite Oaxacan, I really like this plant.
This is the Acapulco Gold. This plant is gaining mass and strength. It has a flimsy looking build but has great resolve. It has no problem competing for light.
These two here are the Purple Mexicans. So far they seem pretty easy to please and they forgive quickly. Peace :tiphat:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Just Pictures

Just Pictures

These two are pictures from the doorway inside. One is down the right side and the other is center and left side.

I may do some pictures of other plants this weekend. The two Destroyer's are very interesting to me. The Colombian dominant plant is getting more deep purple/reddish colorings. The main stalk , branches and stems are all gaining color quick. It reminds me of the beautiful Snow Moon male I had last season. I hope all of you have a great weekend. Happy 4th of July! We are having a gathering of friends and family this weekend. Peace :tiphat:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Claude Hopper, We have had some high 80's and 90 degree days. Nothing real bad yet. The last four days have had some rain through out the days. The biggest issue is soil retaining moisture. I'm a little to light on a few bags. The greenhouse temps have hit 110 f a couple days. It is generally about 10 degrees warmer than outside temperature. I've had a couple of real busy weeks and haven't been the best parent I could have been. I did tell my employer they are messing with my grow by having me work so much. lol Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
The soil issues have been taken care of for the most part. I have changed to two watering's a day instead of a single watering. I haven't added any worm castings yet to the looser soil mixtures. I should have time in morning to add castings and do notes for this week. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Limeygreen, Good call on the straw. I only had enough worm castings to cover the top of one grow bag this morning. Have you had any problems with fungus between the straw and the soil? Thanks again, Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Good Morning Update.

Good Morning Update.

These are my NepJam x Kali China's. They are showing some nice branch and stem colorings.
This is the China Yunnan. It came up as a double stemmed plant. It has been very vigorous since it broke ground. Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts