What's new

farmerlions first greenhouse grow

ULMW

Farmerlion , your garden looking mighty fine ! Bigger every time I pop in to look. Great job! Glad to see the plants so happy and they provide you and all us fellow farmers alike with the peace and positivity that we all live and cherish. Happy growing!

Ncali

Veteran
Great looking girls so far farmerlion, really impressive work. All that back breaking labor is bearing fruit...

:dance013: Very very glued to this one, interested in the turn out of your more tropical, longer flowering girls (gt, gh, etc)in the greenhouse environment at northern latitudes. So far, girls looking happy!

:tiphat:
NC

Last edited:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
ULMV, Ncali, Thank you both for your kindness. Yes flowering without a blackout system at Canadian border will be the tell all. It will certainly refine my future genetics in this facility. I'm hoping to be able to provide sativa dominant strains for North Dakotans. The old saying, you can wish in one hand and shit in the other. One will get full first. Here's to wishing! Peace

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice work! we're running 45s here as well. i really like the size for a "big" pot w/o much adaption from running #10 & #15 cloth pots. probably the high end of being able to move them around fairly readily.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
xmobotx, I haven't tried to move any of them yet. Six or seven grow bags should finish about the same time. I tried to set them up in a way so when I harvest. It will create equal spacing again for my longer flowering plants. Well it looked good on paper anyway. I will see if it actually works as planned. Thank you for stopping by. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
July 9th update of the girls.

July 9th update of the girls.

Orient Express x NepJam.
Queen Mother.
Michoacán Cream.
Destroyer.
Purple Mexican. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
July 9th update.

July 9th update.

Golden Tiger.
Kali China x Malawi.
Malawi(pink hair) x Mapettit.
Peyote Purple.
NepJam x Kali China. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
July 9th update.

July 9th update.

Lilly x MaPettit.
Angola x Kali China.
China Yunnan.
A group shot of some of the ladies. The two plants I didn't take pictures of are the ( New Malawi Killer , The Purple Malawi). The Purple Malawi is growing very vigorously. The New Malawi Killer is doing fine over all. It seems to be a little stunted so far. I believe it may be in a hot spot in the soil. It is in a 45 gallon container with the China Yunnan. The NMK was an after thought. The soil mix was made especially for the China Yunnan not the Malawi. The Purple Malawi is in a soil mix designed for the Angola genetics side of the Angola x Kali China. That mixture is more favorable to the Malawi genetics. The temperatures in the greenhouse have been a 100 degrees plus for the last six days. I can't say enough about the resilient nature of all these genetics. After some long days at work. I would check on the girls at midnight. Under the full moon you could see all the tops leaning and the branches drooping. I would gently walk through giving about 1 gallon each. In the morning they would all be up to greet me. I would give them all a good misting before the heat of the day came. Then check soil moisture with the Rapitest meter. Then re water accordingly. The droopy smaller Peyote Purple is still droopy. I think while checking soil moisture on her side of the root pouch. I may have damaged her tap root. I've been giving her side what seems like copious amounts of water for the smaller roots to pull up into the plant. She does seem to respond better since I have done this the last two waterings. I hope she is able to recover soon. I wish you all a great week. Peace :tiphat:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Thanks deepwaterdude, I have enjoyed ready your posts and following your grow as well. I don't always have the time to comment as I would like to. Just doing some updates on this thread is a challenge. Thanks for stopping by my friend. Peace

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
I've had good luck on everything from tomatoes to weed with the Alaskan fish products.

Does your Yunnan have much branching? I've a Kali China that is turning into a big column. Your Yunnan looks similar to when my KC was a bit smaller

easydanks

Now thats some line up, I've gotta watch this grow to the end :canabis:

I have a few nepjam x early wonder skunk fems outdoors myself,all were doing well when i last checked the plot, but need to get back over the weekend to cut back.

Anyways real nice selection Farmerlion,you can't beat some old school landrace goodness :)

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Claude Hopper, I like the Alaskan products as well. I thought it was organic (moorbloom). Turns out it isn't. I'm not going to change fertilizer this season though. I will find something else next season.

Easydanks, Thank you for stopping by. I love diverse and old school genetics. I have several long flowering Asian genetics 20+ week strains. I need to be compitent with the new environment before I start adding more weeks of flowering.
Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Claude Hopper, as far as the branching goes. It did come up as a double meristem plant. One stem is showing color and one stem is green. Both are symmetrical in structure so far. I have not been able to do notes yet this week. I will try and give you better information this weekend.
Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Picks for Claude Hopper

Picks for Claude Hopper

Here is the China Yunnan plant Claude Hopper. You can see on the right meristem there is burgundy in the stem and branches. The second picture is of the entire plant to compare structure.

The third picture is just a general shot. The lower brace for fan in back wall is 6' high. I will be maxed out for height in flowering. I have a plan, but getting it implemented is another thing all together. Work is very busy so time is limited. I did release 2,000 Lady bugs in the greenhouse this evening. I have some Lace wing larva that will be released soon as well.

Overall the girls seem happy and healthy. The Peyote Purple that had been droopy is looking better as well. I must have caused a little root damage checking soil moisture at some time or another.
:tiphat: Peace

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Keep doing what you are doing farmerlion! :) Plants are loving it, cannot see a single deficiency or plague damage in any of your plants, and you are growing many different strains with different feeding requirements at the same time.

This is going to be one of the most interesting outdoor grow diaries of this season ;)
Super excited about what the flowering wis going to bring in August.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
July 16th update

July 16th update

Thank you dubi. I work with this little greenhouse and struggle. To compare what I have been blessed to do here. With the work you and your breeding associates have accomplished. I am amazed at the scale you are working on. Yet Ace still delivers the highest quality and service in the industry. I know the effort I put in to keep these plants alive. To have you speak such kind words is truly humbling. Thank you my friend. I will do a full picture update of what is going on here this week.
Malawi pink hair x MaPettit.
Kali China x Malawi.
Peyote Purple.
NepJam x Kali China.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
9-16-2017 GH update.

9-16-2017 GH update.

Lilly x MaPettit.
Angola x Kali China.
This is the young Purple Malawi. She has her sunshine blocked some until about noon by the Oaxacan.
This is the Oaxacan. I really like this plant.
This is the Acapulco Gold.

Latest posts

Latest posts