What's new

Fall Foliage

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
More pix. Again the first pic is the suffering one,the second pic is of some plants from seed in the exact same soil mix. The third pic is of the same strain(PK)flowered at the exact same time using the exact same light,exact same everything. Only TWO things I did differently to put it into this pathetic state. I did it on purpose....
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
Okay..............since no one has any guess. It was treated with colloidal silver to induce male flowers for breeding. I then put it in a plastic tub so if a male flower goes off without my looking,I'll be able to have some form of damage control. These are the only two things I did differently than the other PK's in flower. Pretty stressing stuff this colloidal silver is. I got one male flower off it so far after 14 days of spraying it with my homemade colloidal silver. Because it's the PK it stretches, and it's way to much stretch for my liking. I like the PK smoke and bud structure so I want to get some S1 pollen off it via stressing it out with the silver treatment and cross it into something shorter in height. That's another story. Peace

mad librettist

Veteran
clones from the same mother, flipped jan 27:

1st is bigger pot
then smaller pot

I only watered them together, so pot #2 was drier due to size.

DSCF0002-4.jpg

DSCF0013-4.jpg
[/IMG]

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks capt, i never saw the results of colloidal silver treatment before!

mad - thats interesting - am i right in thinking the plant in the smaller pot will finish first?
ive always thought that flowering was delayed by repotting into bigger pots when you flip them to 12/12 and i make use of this with my modscrog because i can repot and let the extra veg and stretch fill the screen from a shortish veg.

likewise plants in smaller containers flower quicker so i tend to leave them a little rootbound if i am sexing them and up-pot when i know which are female.

with tomatoes one of the old-timers tricks is to always wait till the first truss of flowers has appeared before you put them in their final pots or otherwise they will take a lot longer to start setting flowers.

V.

mad librettist

Veteran
well vg, they will finish together because of my schedule...

but looks like the smaller one will be more mature. variety is nice anyway. Soil is also slightly different. The smaller pot has older soil in which roots were established and decayed with worms working. It was undisturbed, transplant hole excepted. They were both transplanted together. You helped pick them actually.

DARC MIND

Veteran
nice flowers mad L

capt. cheeze
your right, no one would of guessed what happend to your PK
good luck with your cross bud

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
Nice tip on the tomatoes V,never heard of that one.
Mad: Those nugs look PURPLE and healthy for such a small grow.
Darc: Got a Hawawiin x Cotton Candy X PK feminized beast ready to go in flower. We'll see what she does.
Cool to see you out of jail Verdant. How about that American justice system huh? (LOL)