What's new

Fall Foliage

V

vonforne

Container size- 100 liter....no drain or flush :)
Strain- G13\HP X Triple Moonshine
Day 72 from onset of flowers.

1\2 had the purps and 1\2 does not.

What is the cause?

picture.php

And the only thing I flush is the toilet!!

V

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
von i would take a guess that the container is on a slight slope and that caused one end to be wetter than the other - which would change the nutrient availability. or that the container is sloped or something at one end making the root space smaller for one of the plants. look good though :)

thats presuming that the two plants are from the same mum.

V

vonforne

are they from seed or clone??

clone from my last run.

V

von i would take a guess that the container is on a slight slope and that caused one end to be wetter than the other - which would change the nutrient availability. or that the container is sloped or something at one end making the root space smaller for one of the plants. look good though

The container is level. 4 inches of gravel at the bottom that would prevent that anyway. And I also rotate weekly.

:) 2 phenos, almost identical except for the 1 week different finish times. Same strain.

Good answer.

Also, the temps have been real low and I have a passive intake to the room.

Nice thread.

V

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
right, 2 phenos. that colour leaves - especially in cold temps - are associated with P deficiency. by the look of it the buds on the coloured one are a bit bigger, so i guess its running short of P at just the right time, whereas the other one didnt use quite so much yet. i'll be interested to see the other one when it's finished. my bet is that it wont be quite so colourful. (thats if im correct about the buds being a little smaller)

of course some would argue that its purely senescence :D - but i think the nute levels have an influence too

V.

V

vonforne

I have learned leaps and bounds wth the container grows so far. I will keep ypu posted.

V

mad librettist

Veteran
your purpling seems to be a line in the sand. green on one end, purple on the other. is it possible one side is closer to a heat/cold source?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
heres my foxtail-tastic blueberry after 11 weeks
picture.php

heres exactly the same cut after 10 weeks on another run - but this time i added less N and P guano to the soil mix. it does make a difference to the way they finish imo.
picture.php

V.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
mad - vons is definitely plant specific or you wouldnt have the divide in the middle imo
one plant shows it and the other doesnt - perhaps it will next week but i doubt it will be as pronounced

V.

mad librettist

Veteran
verdant that looks very familiar. blue burmese is half blueberry after all, with almost too sweet fruitiness.

But I am confused, is von's shot two different genotypes? I thought he said clones. of the same plant? Is it random? Did one clone outcompete the other for root space? Is my whole root space idea just an epic fail? I was so sure it was pot size causing the purple...

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
no, von was being a little tricky :)
they were both clones, both the same strain but two different cuts from different mums that were different phenotypes - as i understand it.

the second 'hungry' run on the blueberry was because i was told the foxtailing was due to high N and P. - but running it hungry didnt seem to change the bud structure, and the cooler temps didnt seem to make much difference either except that the buds and thus the foxtails are smaller due to less food.

V.

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
The Soma Table Design

The Soma Table Design

vonforne

Are you familiar with the so-called 'Soma Table Design' by any chance? The very same 'Soma' of the seed company bearing his name.

I've got an interesting set-up idea for you if you feel his design is worthy of investigation.

CC

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yes ive got his little book - those beds he makes are pretty cool

great to see you around again btw Clack!

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
Whoa!...I've seen Flo do that,and some Blueberry's and Bubbleberry's,but I have never seen foxtails looking like that.......They look like rope....Amazing pic V Whooops,forgot to quote it.

V

vonforne

your purpling seems to be a line in the sand. green on one end, purple on the other. is it possible one side is closer to a heat/cold source?

LOL I knew you were still in there. Yes, one side was closer to the cold air source but also that the greener pheno takes about 1 week or so longer so the narcosis in the leaves is not as profound yet. They will turn purple it will just take longer.

My point with the post is to prove that the plant does its thing with no influence from us.......flushing. And the plants communicate with one another and the surrounding environment (soil) They know when t end their life cycle on their own.

V

vonforne

vonforne

Are you familiar with the so-called 'Soma Table Design' by any chance? The very same 'Soma' of the seed company bearing his name.

I've got an interesting set-up idea for you if you feel his design is worthy of investigation.

CC

I have heard this but have never read the book. I did check out the 3lb at OG with their grow beds. This is something new to me.....or at least this size. 20 liters is what I used before.

Shoot me the idea. I like to work on things like this.

V

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
I have heard this but have never read the book. I did check out the 3lb at OG with their grow beds. This is something new to me.....or at least this size. 20 liters is what I used before.

Shoot me the idea. I like to work on things like this.

V
vonforne

Soma Table

Let me know what you think.

CC

Latest posts

Latest posts