What's new

Exploring lunarcy phases with Apollo 11

antheis

Veteran
unfortunately my payment got lost in the mail. still working on sending out a second payment.

JoJoBear

Way late to this party but my quick forum search for Apollo 11 lead me here. I was just curious what happened to some of the best genetics I ever ran 10-15 years ago. I just can't recall who's beans they were. I think it may have been a batch that Peak Seeds put out but who knows. I do recall Peak had a NorthernBerry (NL5 x DJShorts BB) that was easy to run and impressive across numerous pheno's

LostTribe

Premium user
Nice one, antheis! :D

I run my lights @ night and my basement isn't very conducive to photoshoots, but I realized it was still light out when they come on now so I did an impromptu shoot w/ one of the plants.

My mix proved hot, so I haven't been keen on documenting them, but the buds are nice. :)

Right now, @ day 45, they're smelling pretty pineapple-y, some sweet, some sour.
This is a trait w/ my A11 line, leaning to the C99 side.
It usually is a passing phase with my Apollo's in flower. They mellow out to the lemon thing. Bit surprised it's that strong, as physically, they lean to the F13 side.

View Image

View Image

:tiphat:

Thats Dank!

antheis

Veteran
a11 x a11xf13

a11 x a11xf13

i popped a pack of these at the beginning of october and out of 15 i had 11 sprout. from those eleven 7 were healthy and vigorous; unfortunately i lost one when i transplanted to the bed at the end of november.

the odds were not in my favor and i ended up with five males and one female. this isn't as bad as it could be since i planned on making seeds and saving pollen anyway.
all six show that wonderfully pronounced zigzag growth that is an indicator for the genius pheno.

here are the males:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

i think these two show the zigzag well

picture.php

picture.php

antheis

Veteran
the female is unique in that she puts out three branches per node. she took an absolute age to show preflowers and i was beginning to worry that i was just going to have a sausage party on my first run.

picture.php

picture.php

antheis

Veteran
trixie stands alone

trixie stands alone

i dubbed the lone female Trixie and she's all i got going in the bed right now.
she smells a lot like a c99 i ran a few years ago (big surprise) tropical fruity with
a sharp hash/wine smell on the back end. honestly, i could have a perfume
derived from these terps.
picture.php

the calyxes are swelling and she's still packing on trichs
fans are still coated in pollen too
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

8 of 11 cuts rooted in ~15 days.
i put the other three in cups anyway to see what might could happen
picture.php

gonna hold off on popping any more packs at the moment bc i need to grow out
other seeds before they lose viability. and build a sealed box so i can keep
seed making going year round.

Dogen

Popping the last two

Popping the last two

I hope brother Highlighter still reads this thread from time to time.

I just popped the last two A11 x (F13 x A11) seeds I have, and wanted to thank Highlighter yet again for making these available :tiphat:

(Sorry the pics are such poor quality, I took them with a potato)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

greenluv707

pit wisper/ rare strain collector
still proudly running the the apollo 11 (zig zag cut) had her for close to 10 years now. im gonna cross her in to a kush mints male very soon.......

ill have this cut the rest of my life.....

much love biohazard and highlighter.... :groupwave::smoke out:

antheis

Veteran
So I built two boxes which are lit by 240w of leds. The two packs of the a11 X a11xf13 I have (30 seeds) left are going into one next month for a seed increase and maybe I'll find a keeper.

antheis

Veteran
Well a few of weeks (4sep) I decided to start the last of my Apollo seeds, 30 in all. I figured since it was a super moon it was fitting.

Unfortunately my soil was a bit too biologically active and all but one died. The last seedling hasn't really grown in the past week and one cotyldon shriveled up, but the stalk is shedding its skin. summbitch has to be alive right? The other cylon is green and healthy looking and if I told you it was a few days old you'd believe me.
I'm holding out hope that it'll right itself and start growing - and be female. I still have pollen from my first run and f2's, of course, but when they started dying 4-5/day my stomach was in knots (22/30 came up).

I've had to revamp my seed sprouting procedures, accept it, and move on.

I'll let you guys know what happens and when I start the f2's.

greenluv707

im not sure where your at buddie but i use fox farm ocean forest for all my seedlings and a lil tea everyonce in a wile till they really get going. man i hope you have better luck with thoes apollos i know how hard it is to find.:plant grow:

antheis

Veteran
Thanks, man. The one that's left is still alive and starting to grow. Gnarly knurled leaves that some may refer to as mutant growth. But it is growing and alive. Now I just hope it's female

greenluv707

looks like its alive and kicking, but give it some tea to super charge that last one to insure its going to survive.

antheis

Veteran
You know, I have this feeling that one side is gonna be female and one side is gonna be male. It's not outside the realm of possibility and when I take cuts it'll be of both sides and they'll be labeled as such.

Jerry_Garcia

Was just talking about the original Apollo 11 from many years ago. I would absolutely put this in my garden forever! She was easily the best girl I had come across 10-15 years ago. Following along...:canabis:

Dogen

Oh man, I loved that A11 x (F13 x A11) cross!

I had bad luck (mostly my fault) with all but my last two seeds from my second freebie pack, but managed to get a male and female or of those last two.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Humble beginnings:

picture.php

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts