What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Exodus Psychosis

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
Whats going on everyone?

Just in case anyone hasn't seen my post in the History of UK Cheese thread, I thought I would re-post the info re: Exodus and what they supposedly did with the Cheese cut they got from "of the hill".

This was posted recently over at the MNS forums:

AldoN01 said:
Hi Guys
This Post Is all about the great elite clone cheese
its my first post and will be my last dont like posting in forums
but this is just to make sence of all the cheese deception going on

Lets start by introducing myself i am aldo lived on the H.A.Z Manor for
5 years i was involved with alot of the growing on the manor
The Cheese was giving to us by a man named "of the hill" ment to be 20 odd
clones but he turned up with 18 we did not care as 18 was a good number of cuts
the man who gave us these cuts was also helping us wire a flower, veg and clone room up
as none were wired up wee had to put the cuts outside and we never took cuts of these cuts
we received but what did happen was Del who was a hobby breeder had his plants out and
knew he had a few males which were skunk no1, haze/afghan and NL
so these 3 males were all breed with 3 different cuts of cheese
so after the new year we started 30 seeds off each of the 3 crosses in the new grow rooms

afghan/haze x cheese 1
kept one mother of this cut for about 2 years
specs on this was 11 weeks flower rock hard nugs this was like
the original cheese smell the same but a weaker stone more heady

NL X Cheese 2
kept 10 mothers of this one so was passed out more
Flowered in 9 weeks same structure of the cheese but was very hairy pistil wise
stone was all body

skunk no1 x cheese 3
kept 5 mums of this
it was the same as cheese in every way strong body stone taste smell
Flowered in 9.5 weeks

we called these cheese 1,2 and 3

so the original cheese would have been very hard to come by so poeple saying
they have the original i would say they were lieing at least 99% of them any way
no cuttings were ever handed out at the raves they were handed out to poeple who were
connected to the manor thats facts so we never got to keep the original either but we definitly
smmoked alot of the original
we at the manor did not find out about how the cheese came about its name until about 3 years
later but if we new this we would have renamed it due to the fact its just skunk no1
so the poeple growing cheese 1,2 or 3 would have one of these crosses

its up to you's to think this is real or not but i know it is this is how it came about cheers for reading aldo

Now what this guy has said, assuming it is all true, may explain how Psychosis came about...

It has been speculated that Psychosis is a Cheese cross. The guy above is saying Exodus only kept the original Cheese cut for one run outside - during this run they crossed 3 cheese cuts with afg/hz, NL and sk#1.

Some have suggested that Psychosis reminds them of superskunk (Whats going on Londinium? :wave:)

Just realised that theres no genetic details for Psychosis So I'd like to suggest it as at least 75% SuperSkunk(Sensi) for 3 reason's:
First Reason= Taste it and smell it then taste pre '95 SuperSkunk you won't see a difference believe me! I have grown SS since year after it won cup and Psychosis(via Exodus,once removed) for 2 year's(smoked various comm psychosis as well,all same SS attributes).
Second I was told the same a few years ago by 60 year old lady grower that GAVE me cut who said that was what Exodus peeps thought as well!
Third is most growers I know(No mugs or Noobs) that have grown or smoked or crossed with it agree as it grows and mixes the same.....Does anyone else know any better if so please let me know as I'm sure they are one and the same and it was no 1 in 100 sport just a well selected,vigorous,Afghan-ish pheno.From a time when everyone had some SS or other. Any takers UK crew?

Superskunk = Skunk#1 x Afghan

Could it be that Psychosis is the result of Exodus crossing the Cheese cut with an afghan x haze male?

Could Psychosis be a skunk/afghan dominant pheno of the above mating?

I understand Psychosis does not display any haze characteristics, but that doesn't specifically mean haze isn't hiding somewhere in it's genetics.

In my experience, haze tends to improve everything it is put to, especially skunk. The thing is haze also tends to show through in crosses.. especially if its a 25% haze cross (sk#1x(afgxhaze)).

Any Psychosis fans out there fancy chiming in?

stella10.jpg

Psychosis (not my pic)

Bless

PRJ

H

Hazyfontazy

if that article is correct ,,chances are anyone who got their cheese from haz manor actually have 1 of the crosses :comfort:

afom offered me phycosis years b4 i had the chance to get cheese ,she said it was a sk1 ,so i declined ..

G

guest194

Have now tried a lot of the different Cheese crosses and Pychosis crosses to me one stands out above all the others and thats the Brightside cutting supposedly from Glen himself. Not saying this to be imflamatory just my opinion after actually growing them all. The Brightside Cheese is by far the smelliest and strongest eclipsing even the psychosis and nl x cheese. All the others seem like watered down versions of it. Its only downside is its not as bigger yielder as some of the others. As you say it is rare not many have it but once you've grown it theirs no doubting it. The Pyschosis is my next favourite a better yielder but still a watered down version of Cheese I'd guess at Cheese x Afghan

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
if that article is correct ,,chances are anyone who got their cheese from haz manor actually have 1 of the crosses :comfort:

I agree - if that post is true it indicates Exodus were passing out Cheese crosses and not the original.

Thing is "of the hill" is active on other UK forums as "cheesefarmer", and has passed the original cut out to others after he passed it to Exodus.

Who recognises this?

xnuuf5.jpg

Original Cheese (of the hill)

H

Hazyfontazy

I agree - if that post is true it indicates Exodus were passing out Cheese crosses and not the original.

i dont think exodus were trying to mislead though,,they were probably just sharing what they had at the time and just called it cheese

somehow i had heard of "of the hill " b4 i heard of cheese ,weird aint it lol

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
to me one stands out above all the others and thats the Brightside cutting supposedly from Glen himself.

It could be that Brightside was one of the few that got the original.

This Aldo guy isn't that clear as to whether or not ANY original Cheese cuts were kept:

AldoN01 said:
so the original cheese would have been very hard to come by so poeple saying they have the original i would say they were lieing at least 99% of them any way
no cuttings were ever handed out at the raves they were handed out to poeple who were connected to the manor

It sounds like he is saying that they did keep the original cut but that it wasn't handed out freely - only to those directly connected with the manor.

I only went to the manor twice - my grow mentor was well known

down there - even taught some guy to grow - so I do not know

which 'cheese' I have ('caus I did not even know there were two !)

Looks like I have some people to talk to !

I will let you know if i find out!

Peace

Oh yea - the story that came with my cheeze is that it came out of a packet of sensi skunk in about 87/88 and was kept going for years by 3 guys - untill they nearly lost it and decided to give it away - which one do you think it is?

I reckon brightside is likely to have got the original due to his connections to the manor via his grow mentor.

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
i didnt really like the psychosis for my needs and ive binned it

has anyone else dropped the cut ?

peace

Last edited:

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I spoke to Brightside today and will be visiting him in the next few days, it will be great to run over the latest online Cheese developments and see if he can spread any more light on the situation.
Peace

G

guest194

That would be interesting, reading through the old cheese thread earlier today. That photo does look like the Brightside Cheese not massive colas but dense with crowns on top also more resinous than other Cheeses. As for the smell umistakeable the smelliest plant you'll ever come across. Personally I think the smell has been its downfall a lot will grow it once and decide its to much of a security risk.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
I spoke to Brightside today and will be visiting him in the next few days, it will be great to run over the latest online Cheese developments and see if he can spread any more light on the situation.
Peace

Please send Brightside my best wishes True.
Im buzzing to hear that hes still kicking, last I heard he was really ill.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
big respsect out to brightside

handsdown best cheese cut ive ever grown/smoked is brightside cut and ive tried alot over the years

peace

e4ian

Crazy smelly.Much appreciated and relieved when its flowering time is over.
Gorgeous.
My memories of it were GOTTA GET OZONE/IONISER GOTTA GET OZONE/IONISER..I ended up with loadsa jos sticks/incense around the house.Mingled the smell though really,same as with Ona Block.

A few people who had the weed from me said its the best ever.. I agree.The best Cheese ive had anyway.
Ive heard of phonecalls being made just because of how whiffy it is! Really stinky weed adds something other weeds don't reach imo and makes big skewered grinns all the time.

I think that X Blue Meanie would make a SuperStrain.
Imagine ALL the phenos would be mega winners.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
That would be interesting, reading through the old cheese thread earlier today. That photo does look like the Brightside Cheese not massive colas but dense with crowns on top also more resinous than other Cheeses. As for the smell umistakeable the smelliest plant you'll ever come across. Personally I think the smell has been its downfall a lot will grow it once and decide its to much of a security risk.

I think the mad stink is partly why she spread so wide and is such a legend. Even if you grow it badly like so many out there do, it still stinks and still gets you stoned. Grown right it really is a pokey smoke with a taste people talk about for years,it always makes me wonder when you read people slagging off the smoke.

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
big respsect out to brightside

handsdown best cheese cut ive ever grown/smoked is brightside cut and ive tried alot over the years

peace

Yo ojd does this look like what you know as the Brightside cut?

This is a photo from "of the hill", the guy that supposedly introduced Cheese to Exodus.

xnuuf5.jpg

Green81

Veteran
to me thats looks like the exodus cheese cut if you dial-her-in right, imo. I grow psychosis and cheese together psycho grows bigger and has a more branching habit and is bigger yielding, i never had the bright side cut :(

peace

G81

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
to me thats looks like the exodus cheese cut if you dial-her-in right, imo. I grow psychosis and cheese together psycho grows bigger and has a more branching habit and is bigger yielding, i never had the bright side cut :(

peace

G81

Can you trace your cut back to Exodus?

Brightside got his cut from Exodus.

You never know bruv, you may have the Brightside cut.:tiphat: