What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ever know anyone who took too much LSD?

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
In my younger years I had a few looks in the psychedelic mirror that were enough to scare alot of people away for good. I chose to correct the behaviors that I was lucky enough to be shown a clear view of. Nowadays most trips feel like returning to my natural state of being (pure love and electricity). Not to say they don't have alot more to show me. Or that they will not slap me down again.

M

moose eater

Not everything we find in amplified introspection is pretty. Sometimes it leaves us with some homework.

I'd never had a bad trip. Then, one moose-hunting trip, in the bush, I ate my own mushrooms, 3 x's, 3 different days, and 3 for 3, had very intense experiences that were about things I needed to deal with. Not recreational by any means. Certainly didn't end with uplifting sense of joy, or anything remotely close.

Hallucinogens can, if allowed, open up things we might not want to view a lot of, but can be good for us to deal with, at the same time...

Thcvhunter

Veteran
I did 5-8 at the festival I was at last month.

A cool guy gave me a business-card size of un-scored paper.
I passed out doses to people on the beach.
20 minutes later they came to me and said they cant feel it. I said lets try another 20 minutes.
10 minutes later they all said it was the beat acid they ever did. So I took what might be 5-8 hits - just a long, wide block of paper.

It was beautiful.
That was the coolest sunset Ive seen. People teared up watching me tear up at how beautiful the clouds were.
Later, I got stuck in my head for an hour, but alcohol and MDA helped with that.

This woman sure went deep with the IV dose for MK Ultra
https://youtu.be/1hqgYYASenc

I’d say too much DMT is far worse than too much LSD

Green Squall

I met this biker once called Sonny in the Garden of Eden strip joint on the corner of Broadway and Columbus in San Francisco - must have been late 70's - he was going out with one of the strippers, and I was going out with her friend who was also working there - so when he stopped by to pick his GF up, I was also doing the same - and we had a few conversations that were quite interesting about LSD.

One convo was about what his group of bikers do to people they don't particularly like - and I asked him if they murder people - and he said 'Lately we have just been banging them up with at least 5,000 micrograms of LSD 25 - go have a look south of market (a rough area, with many mentally unstable people) - you might well see some of our acid casualties around there'.

I have dabbled in LSD, must have done under 10 trips in all - back in the 70's-80's - it does have the propensity to open doors in the mind that have never been opened - and often times there is something nice to find behind those doors - on my last trip I must have opened the wrong door - because it was a very bum-trip - and put me off taking it again -

Are you talking about Sonny Barger?

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
I did 5-8 at the festival I was at last month.

A cool guy gave me a business-card size of un-scored paper.
I passed out doses to people on the beach.
20 minutes later they came to me and said they cant feel it. I said lets try another 20 minutes.
10 minutes later they all said it was the beat acid they ever did. So I took what might be 5-8 hits - just a long, wide block of paper.

It was beautiful.
That was the coolest sunset Ive seen. People teared up watching me tear up at how beautiful the clouds were.
Later, I got stuck in my head for an hour, but alcohol and MDA helped with that.

This woman sure went deep with the IV dose for MK Ultra
https://youtu.be/1hqgYYASenc

I’d say too much DMT is far worse than too much LSD

I always found compound psychedelics in unison really opened the doors of perception in ways that none of them did on their own

breaking through on DMT was a different animal on a headful (400 approx mic)

I would call dmt the more benign if not far more profound of the two

St. Phatty

I would say

the Secret Service agent that spikes Trump's Pepsi with LSD

deserves a Nobel Peace Prize

but what if Orange Man started launching nukes as part of his Acid Trip ?

M

moose eater

I would say

the Secret Service agent that spikes Trump's Pepsi with LSD

deserves a Nobel Peace Prize

but what if Orange Man started launching nukes as part of his Acid Trip ?

Grace Slick received an invite to the White House from Nixon, and couldn't, for the life of her, understand why. She later stated that she had considered spiking the coffee pot(s) there with some acid.

But frankly, whether Nixon, Trump, or whom ever in the ego-maniacal category of narcissists in control of things they maybe aren't well equipped to be in control of, while I might see benefit in many a person expanding their psychic horizons, there's some folks whom I believe are not well suited to less attachment to Earth, and the rest of us might be better off if they remain more beige in their experiences of the astral plains.

Just sayin'....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sQWJ8zSZKQ

igrowone

Veteran
been many moons since my acid days
but 1 thing i do recall, very big tolerance build
took a number of days between drops to get a similar effect
some quick googles show similar experiences

Tangwena

Veteran
been many moons since my acid days
but 1 thing i do recall, very big tolerance build
took a number of days between drops to get a similar effect
some quick googles show similar experiences
In the seventies on a trip to London from Malawi I scored a hundred micro dots and was eating them like candy because I didn't allow any time off between trips so yes you can build a tolerance very quickly.

White Beard

Set and setting still rule, but so does dosage.

My first trip went sideways, though it took me awhile to shake it: I started reducing dosage, trying to not overdo it. This failed, it took me into a tense and intense phase, like I was strapped to the hood of a truck barreling down a highway.

After these failures, I thought, maybe I’m going about this wrong. I’d decided that the sensation was of being pressed against a membrane that wouldn’t give, and that maybe the dose was too low, so next chance, I took two, and it was like night and day. No strain, no pressure, no effort.

I then had an extremely useful conversation with myself about how things work, reset a few things, and have been living a very different life since.

The people I’ve know with the most lasting detrimental effects have been people who trip alone. Without the reality-check of a trusted companion, it’s easy to go spinning - and *then* where are you?

Im'One

I have eaten shrooms done coke and lots of weed. Never dropped acid. How should you prepare for it?

White Beard

Ideally, you’d have agreeable company you trust, who have tripped before, in a clean, comfortable, secure location. Have fresh water and juice around, fruit and finger noshes.

Some people plan things to do, others just take the ride, but having access to the outside, away from watchful eyes, can be really nice. Music is often real important when you’re flying, so make sure you have a wide variety of tunes. Not everyone smokes weed while tripping, but I do. Have a notebook and pen/coil in case you want to write things down.

You might feel physical as it comes on: that’s a great time to stretch and do some deep breathing, to open you up and settle in.

F

Frylock

I had a little LSD phase and a big Ecstasy phase.... i preferred Ecstasy....

I was always paranoid about LSD though, so i think that had a major effect in most of my trips.

I remember one time a group of us took trips down at a river park and once the colors started getting brighter and the glow of the day started to set in we went for a walk through town.... we went into a store and i decided to buy some jeans.... i must have been in the change room for a few minutes but when i came out everyone was gone :yoinks:

This was about the time it started to get pretty heavy for me, i couldn't find my friends and started wondering wtf am i doing in the middle of town tripping pretty hard (for me at least) body tingling pretty good and everything a bit of a dream.... one thing that for me that freaked me out was that there always seemed to be random crazy coincidences happening on LSD.... i have had more overwhelming hallucinations on some old travel sickness meds we used to over indulge on but LSD had a weird feeling of 'tapping into the matrix' or something.... like feeling you could influence things that you usually have no control over.

Tangwena

Veteran
I had a friend who always only took a quarter hit so I crushed up 2 microdots and sent them to him.
This time he thought he would try a whole one ha ha.
He was never the same after that totally cool dude from then on and always took whole tabs from then on.
You do need to open those doors but friends and good karma make for a great trip experience.

Attachments

• funny-neon-sign-fails-1jpg.jpg
    funny-neon-sign-fails-1jpg.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 21
M

moose eater

I took this quote from the slab-wood wall of the unisex restroom in the middle of the bar-room floor at Alice's Champagne Palace in Homer, Alaska, about 1978, before the red-necks reportedly burned the place down.

The quote is now, and has been, written on the side of my electronic bullhorn, which is barely used any more.

"LSD consumes 250,000 times its own natural weight in excess reality."

When I was 13, and there was unrest in my home, I'd sequester myself in my bedroom, late at night, door locked, drop some Sidney, and watch my books turn purple, among other colors; fabric and walls breathing in and out, waves rippling like water across solid objects, and the books would dance on their shelves.

It created a place within a place, where there was beauty, magic & distraction, among ugliness and other volatile atmosphere. Still has a magical force, though it's less often any more. And that's OK too.

T

Teddybrae

I met a Japanese guy at a Festival once. He had been at Osho's ashram in Pune, India seeking enlightenment by eating lsd and he disappeared. He was found months later filthy, diseased and speaking gibberish in the backwoods of Thailand. He has forgotten the word 'work', so I suppose he's on the path ... he wanted to know if I was from India. No Mate ...

My youngest son was at Pune too and a friend of his went insane there after eating lots of lsd. She had travellers insurance (So there's a fukn clue you godhead seekers!) and her boyfriend came out from France and took her home where they sedated the shit out of her until she approached their version of normal again.

dddaver

Veteran
As to the original question, yuh, I do now. :biggrin:Seriously? I knew some burnouts. I saw one in the mirror once. :tiphat: