What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ever know anyone who took too much LSD?

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I had a little LSD phase and a big Ecstasy phase.... i preferred Ecstasy....

.... i have had more overwhelming hallucinations on some old travel sickness meds we used to over indulge on but LSD had a weird feeling of 'tapping into the matrix' or something.... like feeling you could influence things that you usually have no control over.

My ex wife used to down bottles of Gravol ffs. What a fuck up.

pinkus

Veteran
I did a lot back in the 80s, once in the 90s. I did just score 3 hits, which may sit for a long time before use.

I think in general that it has helped me, though occasionally I feel like maybe I have spent too much time looking for the "inner truth". The truth is we operate mostly via feelings and conditioning but tell ourselves that we operate via logical decision making. IMO

Carraxe

Veteran
Ecstasy is barely a psychedelic and if abused will damage you in ways no real psychedelic can.

If abused enough, most of the drugs (maybe all of them but weed) will damage you. Or directly kill you, like alcohol, heroin, etc.

Which ways does MDMA damages you? What about normal usage? Like 200 mg a night out every couple of months? I ask because I really like it.

My experience with powerful psychedelics is mainly based on mushrooms. And yes, I've met people who took too much acid or shrooms. Some developed important psycological problems, but they recovered and have a normal live. Others weren't that lucky.

Cheers

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
psychedelics do nothing more than alter the perceptive filters of reality

personally my own unfiltered mind does not scare me

personally the only time I have seen anyone "lose their mind" on psychedelics and remain unstable afterwards where when they were used by people with history of stimulate use, severe underlying mental illness or most common a combination of both and even the worst of those all came back with sound minds after a term

emptiness of self (imprint) gives a different view of the human condition in others and one's self

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
If abused enough, most of the drugs (maybe all of them but weed) will damage you. Or directly kill you, like alcohol, heroin, etc.

Which ways does MDMA damages you? What about normal usage? Like 200 mg a night out every couple of months? I ask because I really like it.

My experience with powerful psychedelics is mainly based on mushrooms. And yes, I've met people who took too much acid or shrooms. Some developed important psycological problems, but they recovered and have a normal live. Others weren't that lucky.

Cheers

Every couple of months is probably completely safe if you don't do enough to overheat yourself and stay hydrated. But if done to often it can damage your serotonin making. I used it occasionally. Then more occasionally. Then I had a moment with some financial problems. And happened to be offered enough of it to make some extra cash. Then started using it more than I would like to admit. Ended up getting to a point where if I didn't use it for 3 days I would wake up feeling like my head was smashing into pavement everytime I feel asleep. After I stopped for good happy was nearly impossible to achieve. Was probably the darkest time of my life.

I have tried most of the traditional psychedelics. And alot alot of L and mushrooms.

I no longer advocate mdma usage and still 100% believe lsd, mushrooms, dmt, mescaline are all very safe substances with far more positive than negative to offer.

Not saying there is not positive to be found in mdma. It can be amazingly positive. But it will not tell you when you are abusing it and I feel one of the great things about the true psychedelics. They will be brutally honest with you if mistreated to much.

Carraxe

Veteran
Every couple of months is probably completely safe if you don't do enough to overheat yourself and stay hydrated. But if done to often it can damage your serotonin making. I used it occasionally. Then more occasionally. Then I had a moment with some financial problems. And happened to be offered enough of it to make some extra cash. Then started using it more than I would like to admit. Ended up getting to a point where if I didn't use it for 3 days I would wake up feeling like my head was smashing into pavement everytime I feel asleep. After I stopped for good happy was nearly impossible to achieve. Was probably the darkest time of my life.

I have tried most of the traditional psychedelics. And alot alot of L and mushrooms.

I no longer advocate mdma usage and still 100% believe lsd, mushrooms, dmt, mescaline are all very safe substances with far more positive than negative to offer.

Not saying there is not positive to be found in mdma. It can be amazingly positive. But it will not tell you when you are abusing it and I feel one of the great things about the true psychedelics. They will be brutally honest with you if mistreated to much.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I thought that the serotonin production normalization would be a question of time. I'll try to be careful. Nowadays it is my favorite drug for meeting people, playing music and just live the happiness of summer. But I've also been off for whole weeks after taking more than I should.

Best

White Beard

LSD can be a party drug, I suppose, but it’s always more serious than that for me (I’m not aiming for that). Most parties don’t make me think acid would be a good idea.

Mushrooms, however....

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
My favorite way to eat mushrooms is flat on my back with eyes closed, high doses are dmt like. On LsD I can do just about anything from deep meditive thought to all night bike rides or partys. I only tend to party if some good live music is involved.

blastfrompast

Veteran
I got a buddy who is from Cali originally who did the whole "follow the Dead" around on tour ….

He loved travelling around dropping acid and festivall'ing so to speak..Had (and still does) an old VW camper van...Looks like Jerry Garcia...you know the type...

Then one day his buddy put a dropper full of acid in his mouth instead of a drop..
High for what he guesses was 3-7 days....no clue....but it was NON Bueno.... like bad...

He said it took 6 months before he was right again in the head enough to trust himself whatever that means...Stopped all drugs for about 5yrs or so...then got back on the weed wagon I guess....

Went cold turkey Acid wise till last year....so well over 20+yrs as he is in his 50's....

Now he microdoses and enjoys a single tab once in a while.....but will not overdo it.....

Me...im happy with .5g of mushrooms lol....

Green Squall

psychedelics do nothing more than alter the perceptive filters of reality

personally my own unfiltered mind does not scare me

personally the only time I have seen anyone "lose their mind" on psychedelics and remain unstable afterwards where when they were used by people with history of stimulate use, severe underlying mental illness or most common a combination of both and even the worst of those all came back with sound minds after a term

emptiness of self (imprint) gives a different view of the human condition in others and one's self

Check and check. Underlying mental illness and chronic use of adderall. Fan-fucking-tastic.
How does stimulant use play into the picture here? I've never heard that before.

Ringodoggie

Premium user

I know someone who did a lot of acid. Pretty sure it was me. I think. I remember doing it a lot a lot. At lease several thousand. Is that possible? I remember a few buys that year. 4500 Purple Microdots. 2500 Orange Barrel. Then there was something we called blue mescaline. I remember that buy because it went sour. I was supposed to get 5000 of the blue mescaline at 5 cents a hit but he lost about half (so he said) but he already had my money. To make it up, he gave me these little white pills. We called them White Lightening. No idea what it was but it made you hallucinate like crazy.

That went on for about a year and a half. By the end of the binge, my tolerance was so high I was taking 8 and 10 hits at one time. I did give away and sell about half but probably did about half of what I bought.

So, probably about 15,000 hits in 18 months. Sold/gave away about half. Took 7500 hits in 18 months. About 100 hits a month. Sounds about right.

And, it didn't affect me, long term, one bit. I don't have flashbacks. I don't talk like Tommy Chong. I had jobs with the DoD, DoJ and other respectable organizations.

Acid is good. I think.

armedoldhippy

Veteran

I know someone who did a lot of acid. Pretty sure it was me. I think.
Acid is good. I think...

i think so too. but, nothing is good for everyone. some people cannot live free & need to be behind bars. there are (i've heard) people that don't like bacon. folks with a tenuous grasp on reality -probably- should not trip balls into the night. :biggrin:

F

Frylock

Ecstasy is barely a psychedelic and if abused will damage you in ways no real psychedelic can.

Yeah, not really the same, sometimes when i binged on ecstasy i had the most infinite mind boggling type of dreams though which where very trippy but i always had different types of them and mixed them together, and i never had any of those tests to know what exactly was in my 'ecstasy'.... the effects varied quite a bit.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Check and check. Underlying mental illness and chronic use of adderall. Fan-fucking-tastic.
How does stimulant use play into the picture here? I've never heard that before.

It is complex because while some drugs like cocaine and other stimulants "rewire" parts of our brains while substances used in manufacture of same drugs like deworming agent thin the frontal cortex. in essence it short circuits the brain.

there is plenty of information regarding how these drugs effect the brain as well as plenty of science that shows how benign psychedelics are.

psychedelics are far safer than modern pharmaceuticals and this is according to science not hippy intuition.

M

moose eater

It is complex because while some drugs like cocaine and other stimulants "rewire" parts of our brains while substances used in manufacture of same drugs like deworming agent thin the frontal cortex. in essence it short circuits the brain.

there is plenty of information regarding how these drugs effect the brain as well as plenty of science that shows how benign psychedelics are.

psychedelics are far safer than modern pharmaceuticals and this is according to science not hippy intuition.

Is the site EROWID still up and running?

There was plenty of good, reliable info/research available there.

M

moose eater

https://erowid.org/psychoactives/psychoactives.shtml

Good folks. Relatively clean resource, where an effort to extricate BS Gov and other propaganda is concerned. Or at least that has been their rep for many years now.

Fairly expansive site, too. This is -one- reference page with links, of many at their site. I'd digest their stuff LONG before dialing up ONDCP, the DEA, Partnership for a Truth-Free(Drug-Free) America, etc.

Latest posts

Latest posts