What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ethiopian sativa

Popey

Veteran
I've already killed my purple Ethiopian, there are 5 green ones left. I'm very radical about these things haha

I have also already set the photoperiod to 12/12. In 2-3 weeks I will set it to 11/13. I need to pollinate the females with the males and collect the seeds by mid-June because I'm going away for a month. I don't know if I'll make it.

Last edited:

EnjoyingLife

It’s more like it hits the nervous system relaxed/chill/no anxiety and a nice afternoon nap. Vs dead tired, muddy, dumbing afghani style though.
This is the stuff that triggers the depression and irritation for me I think.
The sleepy makes me lethargic which can manifest depression and the irritation comes from being lethargic, vicious cycle I tell you...
I may have to do like Popey.
well maybe not as drastic.
But focus on the green side more.

Sensistar42

This is the stuff that triggers the depression and irritation for me I think.
The sleepy makes me lethargic which can manifest depression and the irritation comes from being lethargic, vicious cycle I tell you...
I may have to do like Popey.
well maybe not as drastic.
But focus on the green side more.
I can relate to that, with the more introspective dream like columbians I’ve noticed. It’s not as bad for sure by any means compared to afghanis for me. But I’ve been having my Violeta x honduras cross I made while out walking or doing things with the gf. And it smells like a woody peppermint candy cane wrapper, as well as the sister which has cured to a more 80s moms leathery purse with menthol cigarettes in it. That we will be out walking and it will provide very introspective thoughts that will be out there and happy or deeper meaning. And then all of a sudden the thoughts that are deep go a bit to the darker side about life and death etc. while this is all well and good to think about and deal with. It might be the adhd/Tism but it ends up consuming my thoughts and can be depressing/make you freak out about mortality when you were fine with the baby cave same thoughts as before. I hope that makes sense. 🤣🤣

I feel like the columbians like that or relaxing weeds in general for me have to be if I’m literally just chilling with tv or a stroll around the outside of the house, smell the roses etc. it can make you really love life but also see the death and morbidity in things as well. As say compared to the orient express that I’m sad I don’t have more of, but will do very soon! Is like an energetic terpenoline bomb that just gets me going and loving doing things and not thinking about deeper meanings.
Wow I’m sorry for the adhd rant 🤣🤣

On topic
I’m re looking through this thread for purple Ethiopians and there effects/terps but haven’t found it halfway through yet. Can anyone tell me there experience with it?

I’m really thinking about doing a purple honduras/Ethiopian/Nepal Annapurna cross to have a genetic pool of relaxing genetics feminized that doesn’t mess with the flowering time and can just have a bunch of random things to try all the time. I would like to add the purple Malawi too but I only can do that with Violeta that I know of. But I think I want to keep it pure sativa.

Also my 4 girls are chugging along, finally showing side branching to take partially flowering clones off of this week. Atleast it will stunt them in solo cups so they won’t be unmanageable until I find which one I like. After that instead of discarding them I will pollinate them either with the males or the next run with Nepal Annapurna. 😊

Sensistar42

Hi @Sensistar42 In this case, I found the green expressions better than the purple ones, and that's what we favored in the seelction/reproduction of this strain, especially from the female side.
Thanks for the info dubi. I’m positive the green expression will be better suited for me. Is there a major difference in terps from the purple compared to the green?
And is it purple right off the start or more so like columbian expression in honduras that turn purple in the last weeks of flowering?(not temp induced)

El Timbo

Hopefully I'll be sexing these soon. They make a nice group - none of them stand out in veg as being different.

DSCF0681[1].JPG

Sensistar42

It's genetics. They are under 20 - 24 deg Celsius. And the last days rather 24 degrees, as I pay more attention to it, as they are budding.
That’s great to know 😊 the green is the better option for motivation etc. but it would be nice to have the assuming chiller effects of the purple for sundays or lazy days. That’s why I can’t let my purple honduras go. 🤣🤣 first run with it?

endgegner

That’s great to know 😊 the green is the better option for motivation etc. but it would be nice to have the assuming chiller effects of the purple for sundays or lazy days. That’s why I can’t let my purple honduras go. 🤣🤣 first run with it?
Yes, it is even my first grow with a sativa landrace. They are almost touching the lamp. The closet tops are maybe 1 - 2 cm away from the lamp, but they take it like a champ.
I also have a mother plant of each plant and even kept the best male as father.
I will send the best suited phenotype to Energy Control in Spain. I look for the weakest effects.

Sensistar42

Yes, it is even my first grow with a sativa landrace. They are almost touching the lamp. The closet tops are maybe 1 - 2 cm away from the lamp, but they take it like a champ.
I also have a mother plant of each plant and even kept the best male as father.
I will send the best suited phenotype to Energy Control in Spain. I look for the weakest effects.
That’s awesome, currently I’m pinching they main stem and side stems every day to keep it like sog. And from getting to tall I only have a measly 2x2 at 5ft tall 🤣🤣 I really need more space, need a new place first! 🤣

endgegner

Looks like it's experiencing nutrient lockout. Had that look on a few nute sensitive malawi phenotypes. Probably compacted soil, get a look at the root zone.

This has happened a few weeks ago, when I tried to push the EC as high as possible. It was 3, but I wouldn't put it over 2.
Currently the EC of the coco is 2.0 (one pheno is at 1.6) and I will put it lower within the next two weeks.
A few tips were burnt but nothing serious. The issue is already resolved.

Latest posts

Latest posts