What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ethiopian sativa

SunnyListon

Its a nice sativa, that is not racy like most of the hazes. And there is no next day effect. And its somewhat clear. The crosses seem to be good too. Ethiopian x Congo even had laughing effect, which is very rare thing to me, haha.
It has a lot of qualities.

Lebanizer

Its a nice sativa, that is not racy like most of the hazes. And there is no next day effect. And its somewhat clear. The crosses seem to be good too. Ethiopian x Congo even had laughing effect, which is very rare thing to me, haha.
Ok so you meant to say sensitive, not sensible.

xtsho

Yes it is.

The Ethiopian Congo sounds like a nice mix.

The Ethiopian by itself is a great strain. I've made numerous crosses with it but the Ethiopian stands on it's own all by itself. It's one of my favorite strains.

Sensistar42

I’m hoping for a nice happy energetic feel good sativa, that won’t make me feel it the next day groggy etc.The ethiopian seems to fit the bill nicely. As well as the green honduras in which I’m also looking for.

For me it was hard to admit, but after the past few years about finding out about my adhd/autism. I’ve learned I’m just super sensitive to things stimulants etc. and cannabis is no exception. If it makes you feel groggy and dull/disassociated 5hrs after having it or the next day, you can bet I’m just gonna feel it 2x as worse. I was loving my black domina x beatrix choice for a year or so but it felt like a super tired hangover that I couldn’t shake and it slowly made day to day life fall apart.(same with other strains with afghani in it but this was super heavy and just an example).

So for the Ethiopian i do have 4 girls and 2 boys! 🥰
So far they all seem identical as far as structure. They are a bit smaller then the honduras popped at the same time. Their leaves are a good dark green compared to the honduras which is lighter in color and about 1.5x as big compared to the Ethiopian.

It would be really nice to have something similar to coffee but not coffee and head achey/anxiety inducing if I want to have a good amount for motivation through out the whole day. Thinking 6 hrs long coffee like oil tinctures would be a godsend for me. 🤣🤣🤣

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Very good variety, better than the hazes, if you are a sensible person

Thanks joining the conversation and for your positive feedback on the Ethiopian @SunnyListon
Ethiopian is not as potent, or complex in terpenes and effects as Haze can be.
They are quite different types for me.

Love the clarity of the Ethiopian in the morning, it's THCV content also makes her very interesting, glad you liked the Congolese-Ethiopian cross too :D

endgegner

The very best was for me to take it down at 105 days. Tried more and less, but at 105 it was the best.

What do you mean with best?
What I am looking for is some weed that does not make me high (I do have autism and THC(v) helps aginst it).

If it really needs 15 weeks, then I still need 9 weeks.
What are your thoughts about the harvest time of Ethiopian, @dubi?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
What do you mean with best?
What I am looking for is some weed that does not make me high (I do have autism and THC(v) helps aginst it).

If it really needs 15 weeks, then I still need 9 weeks.
What are your thoughts about the harvest time of Ethiopian, @dubi?

Hi @endgegner thanks for choosing Ethiopian for your current grow. The stated flowering time in the strain description is 13-14 weeks. May finish a bit earlier or later, depending on growing conditions, sexual maturity of the plants, etc... but 13 weeks is pretty accurate under optimal conditions. Best harvest time also depends on personal preference.

endgegner

Hi @endgegner thanks for choosing Ethiopian for your current grow. The stated flowering time in the strain description is 13-14 weeks. May finish a bit earlier or later, depending on growing conditions, sexual maturity of the plants, etc... but 13 weeks is pretty accurate under optimal conditions. Best harvest time also depends on personal preference.
I had them quite long in seedling state (due to a light burn early) and in general I prefer to harvest "normal" hybrids a bit earlier, so they are more uplifting.

So I guess for me 13 weeks may be an option but I will see when I can check the trichome colors, I will be looking for milky trichomes with first signs of brown trichomes.

endgegner

I’ve never had real thcv that I know of, I really hope it helps me to!
When I was 15 I grew Durban Poison from Dutch Passion. It is supposed to be a landrace. This is not true (they probably crossed it with a skunk) but it has effects like a landrace. It felt like a "psychedelic coffee". It made me more awake and still feeling sober.
I was able to get some Thai Brick weed from the UK before the Brexit and this also had these effects. And this is probably due to the THCv and low THC content without any CBD.

Sensistar42

When I was 15 I grew Durban Poison from Dutch Passion. It is supposed to be a landrace. This is not true (they probably crossed it with a skunk) but it has effects like a landrace. It felt like a "psychedelic coffee". It made me more awake and still feeling sober.
I was able to get some Thai Brick weed from the UK before the Brexit and this also had these effects. And this is probably due to the THCv and low THC content without any CBD.
Interesting, I’ve had Durban from the store but def had skunk in it. And a beatrix choice x black domina. But I found out it was Durban poison in the beatrix from sssc interview a while back. So I haven’t had anything purely African sativa. But I will in a few months! I’m to burnt out everyday from work and stress that an uplifting bump like I’ve been getting in the Violeta and orient express with out the relaxed part would be great.

That being said the terpinoline bomb from the OE, even though a China leaner has been really great for me. Assuming the large amounts of terpinoline.

El Timbo

10 Ethiopians with 5 Ghana at 6 weeks old.

DSCF0670[1].JPG

Lebanizer

All the so called "durban poison" commercialized by Dutch seedbanks are really Durban x Skunk. Nirvana are the only one to be open about it. Otherwise it could never be grown above 45N that's for sure and yet it does.

endgegner

All the so called "durban poison" commercialized by Dutch seedbanks are really Durban x Skunk. Nirvana are the only one to be open about it. Otherwise it could never be grown above 45N that's for sure and yet it does.
And the growth from the Dutch Passion version is not like a sativa. The leaves rather look like a hybrid and there are a bunch of highly different phenotypes, normally landraces only have slight differences.
But the effects from the one from Dutch Passion are really nice, a lot of people wrote on forums that they like the one from Dutch Passion the best. I did not try the other ones though. And if I grew indoors, I would just grow the one from Khalifa Genetics.

Popey

Veteran
But the effects from the one from Dutch Passion are really nice, a lot of people wrote on forums that they like the one from Dutch Passion the best.

It's normal. Why would a Skunk x Durban hybrid be a bad weed? Interesting genes. It's just about honesty. If someone is willing to pay for a pack of Durban seeds, it should be Durban seeds, not Durban x Skunk.

And now something about Ethiopian. I recently sowed 6 seeds (once again at ACE I have 6 seeds in a 5 pack).
I bought them in 2022, but as far as I know, they come from 2016, because that was when the only reproduction for sale of this genetics took place.

The seeds germinated very slowly. I even thought that only 2 would sprout, because the rest showed no signs of life for a week. However, 6/6 germinated.

Plants also grow very slowly. However, I expected this because it was written about on the forum many times. I would also like to greet here the user @ikinokori whose smoke report made me buy it this strain.

I don't remember exactly how many days the plants are. I think about 2.5 weeks. I'm wondering if I should remove the plant on the left (slightly purple) now. I read in this thread that purple phenotypes are worse.

ethiopian.jpg

goingrey

Hate to get involved in the OT but Durban Poison is listed as "Durban x Unknown Indica" on Dutch Passion's website.

1711825592863.png

You guys should contact them and let them know that you have solved the mystery and it's Skunk. :D