What's new

Endless sky 400w DWC

Illadelph

Still Haven't solved the intake problem. Will get to that. What if I put a fan on the intake? Would that require less of an intake?

Here are some pics to keep you updated

and the mum

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Illadelph said:
Still Haven't solved the intake problem. Will get to that. What if I put a fan on the intake? Would that require less of an intake
Stacking a fan on the intake will not help with your airflow.
This will explain why. It will also help you get your airflow sorted out.
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=100823

You know...I read back and see that I had already offered up some help in your thread personally. Was my info not good enough for you then?

Last edited:

Illadelph

Okay, so according to what I read in hoosierdaddy's tutorial, five 3" holes will give me ~35square inches of intake. Which is about what I calculated that I'll need. Thats not too bad, I have a 3" circular saw, so I'll tackle that soon.

Hoosierdaddy, Your information was plenty good. I wasn't disregarding it if thats what you thought, I just hadn't acted on it yet. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

Quazi

Yup. That should make a pretty significant difference in the temps and airflow in your cabinet.

Good luck man!

-Q :rasta:

Quazi

Agreed.

Those buds are swelling up like little puffer-fish.

Obviously you're doing plenty right despite the ventilation troubles.

:kewlpics:

-Q :rasta:

Illadelph

Its the other cab with the vent problem. One that I put together to keep mothers in. This one

Thanks for the replies though, stick around, things are just getting good. I can't wait to see what these things look like in a few more weeks. 6 weeks from today is harvest, figure about another 2 weeks after that before it is smokeable. Stay tuned

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Nice lookin ES buddy! I haven't been lurking too much lately so I thought I'd drop through. Does that CO2 boost actually help in our small cabs?? I was doing that with Wort from my buddy's brewery and fresh Yeast and the gatorade bottles I used would bubble for about 2 days but I'm not sure if it did much for yield so I was curios if you have tested with and without yet??

Illadelph

Thundurkel: I haven't tested em yet. They were expensive and might not be worth it. Like a hundred bucks a pop, they say thats like 3 months worth or something. As you seem to already know, it uses some kind of fungus or bacteria that generates CO2 as a biproduct or something. The reason I haven't tried it yet is because this is only my second grow, and have started from seed both times so far, so I didn't want to waste it on mess ups and plants that didn't grow to their full potential because they were shaded out by males during veg. I suppose I'll try it one of these days though, once I get a few more grows under my belt. It only helps during flower right? Late Flower?

An a separate note, I think I MIGHT be noticing NEW nute burn on some of my upper leaves. But I haven't added any nutes recently. Is that just the effects of the burn that was happening on my lower leaves reverberating through the plant from the bottom up? or does it not work like that? It could just be my imagination or something I just hadn't notice, but I figured I'd ask, better safe than sorry.

Last edited:

Illadelph

prob like 4 weeks ago. And then the last time I Added any nutes was probably over a week ago when I added that kool bloom that I decided it probably useless. Most of these additives don't have anything in it that the regular nutes dont have.

as always algrow, the reply is appriciated

Last edited:

algrow12

have you not been cheeking the res tds and ph every day. I bet if you cheek your ph you will find it's off and you should need to add some F/n to lower your ph.If it was me I would do a one day flush with just water and then dump that water out and refill and add new nutes

Illadelph

I dont check it every day, but every few days, its been pretty good so far, i guess its time to check again. I know i'm at 950 PPMs, just not sure about the PH.

Why do i need to dump the plain water too add the nutes?

I'm gunna do just what you said, I'm just trying to understand why?

Do I need to PH the water I flush with? Its 8.5 or higher.

Should I flush this way Between Every res change?

Last edited:

Illadelph

Finally figured out it was the auto focus preventing me from taking a decent picture. Half of these pics were taken with auto focus on, half off, you can really tell the difference (in no particular order).

Draining the res as we speak ( so to speak )

PH was decent, Between 5 and 6

(don't forget to read my previous post for questions I need answered)

algrow12

after you let the water stay in over night the ppms of the water will raise plus it leaches out some of the nutes from the plant.I notice I big incease in bud size bout 2 days after I do it

Illadelph

algrow: I see, but...

Do I need to PH the water I flush with? Its 8.5 or higher.

Should I flush this way Between Every res change?

How often should I be changing the res? after I have had to replace half the res capacity due to evaporation?