What's new

Endless sky 400w DWC

algrow12

ok heres you a few pics of what happens when you lst them and forget to set the timer now its time for you to play catch up :spank: hope you can keep up now :jump:
I think this was at 3 weeks

this is 2 weeks flower

Illadelph

damn algrow, those new adjustments to your box seem to be working out for you.

Trying to post the first smoke report, but IC is setting an all time record for slowness.

Here is all the ES curing, I am keeping the 3 different pheonos seperate. Keep in mind, i have another few onces that were popcorn or moldy that I am making butter out of. I'm pretty satisfied with the yeild. Somewhere around half a pound in half of a square yard.

Last edited:

Illadelph

Smoke Report, fast growing, least sticky pheno

Smoke Report, fast growing, least sticky pheno

STANDARD SMOKE REPORT V1.0 (from Treating Yourself Magazine)

=================================================
IDENTIFICATION

# Details:
Date: 12/6/2008
Strain: Endless Sky
Judge: Illadelph
Breeder: Dr Greenthum
Grower: Illadelph

Clear [5] Cloudy [90] Amber [5] Dark [0 ] (%)

# (Mark with X the colors that are present in the buds or for a more detailed color analysis rate presence on a scale 1-9 light-dark.)

Brown [ ] Green [x] Gold [ ] Blue [ ] Grey [ ] White [ ] Red [ ] Rust [ ] Orange [x] Purple [ ] Black [ ]

# Bud density: [5] (Rate the bud density from 1-10 airy-dense. For samples that are not in their natural state leave this field blank.)

# (Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the aroma of freshly broken bud where a one indicates a subtle presence and 9 indicates a pronounced presence. Delete the existing space when marking a descriptor in order to maintain the columns in alignment.)

Ammonia [ ] Earthy [5] Licorice [ ] Peach [ ] Berry [ ] Floral [5] Mango [ ] Pepper [ ] Blueberry [ ] Fruit [1] Meat [ ] Petroleum [ ] Bubblegum [ ] Grape [ ] Melon [1] Pine [ ] Cedar [ ] Grapefruit [ ] Menthol [ ]

# Aroma: [8] (Rate the aroma from 1-10 repulsive-delightful. Use freshly crumbled bud for best results.)

# Seed content: [0] (Rate seed content from 0-10 none-fully seeded.)

# Weeks cured: [1.5] (If known enter the number of weeks your sample has been cured. If desired repeat SSR after an additional two weeks of curing.)

# Physical examination comments: Medium to dark green with many orange hairs. Not quite fluffy buds, but not dense either, they compress if you squeeze them

# Smell: Pineapple [ ] Cherry [ ] Grass/Hay [1] Mint [ ] Rotten [ ] Chocolate [ ] Hash [ ] Mold [ ] Skunk [1] Citrus [1] Iron/Rust [ ] Musk [ ] Spice [1] Coconut [ ] Leather [ ] Nutmeg [ ] Strawberry [ ] Coffee [ ] Lemon [ ] Orange [ ] Vanilla [ ]

Hard to describe the smell, it smells like weed typically does, it has a pleasent sweet smell, but it can't quite be described in the terms given above.

==================================================
THE SMOKE TEST

(Address these questions while smoking.)

# (Please use a clean instrument for the evaluation. Enter information below that will identify the instrument as follows:)

Water pipe (enter bong, hooka, bubbler etc) [ Illadelph bong, see pic]
Vaporizer (enter the brand name) []
Pipe (size-type, ie medium-glass) [medium to large Glass]
Joint (enter brand of papers) [ ]
Other (specify):

# (Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the taste where a one indicates a subtle presence and a nine indicates a very pronounced presence. Delete the existing space when marking a descriptor in order to maintain the columns in alignment.)

Ammonia [ ] Earthy [3] Licorice [ ] Peach [ ] Berry [ ] Floral [ ] Mango [ ] Pepper [ ] Blueberry [ ] Fruit [ ] Meat [ ] Petroleum [ ] Bubblegum [ ] Grape [ ] Melon [ ] Pine [ ] Cedar [ ] Grapefruit [ ] Menthol [ ] Pineapple [ ] Cherry [ ] Grass/Hay [ ] Mint [ ] Rotten [ ] Chocolate [ ] Hash [ ] Mold [ ] Skunk [ ] Citrus [ ] Iron/Rust [ ] Musk [ ] Spice [ ] Coconut [ ] Leather [ ] Nutmeg [ ] Strawberry [ ] Coffee [ ] Lemon [ ] Orange [ ] Vanilla [ ]

(If appropriate return to this question after 5-10 minutes and mark
with X any unmarked descriptors for lingering aftertaste.)

# Taste: [6.5] (Rate your impression of the taste from 1-10 unpleasant-delicious.)

Not much of a taste there that I can notice, atleast at this point

# State of dryness: [5] (Rate the dryness of the bud from 1-10 wet-dry where 5 is ideal.)

# Smoke ability: [5] (Rate the smoke ability of the sample from 1-10 harsh-smooth.)

# Smoke expansion: [2] (Rate how the smoke expands in the lungs from 1-10 stable-explodes.)
I don't even know how to gauge this, its not something I ever noticed. Average???

# Smoke test comments:

It coulb probably use some more time curing, its still a little harsh tasting, doesn't really burn your mouth/throat though. It will probably taste better and be smoother in more time

Effect: Its about par with what I have been smoking (blueberry, afghan, white rhino) not notably stronger, but still solid potency

FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS

(Address final questions immediately after effects have worn off.)

# Dosage: 1 bowlpacks, half a gram maybe? 3-4 hits

# Effect onset: [2.5] (Rate how quickly the effect hit from 1-10 immediate-major creeper.)

# Sativa influence: [1] (Rate the sativa influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Sativa influence is best described as a clear and energetic mental effect.) Doesn't really scream sativa, but i know that there is a small amount in there.

# Indica influence: [9] (Rate the indica influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Indica influence is best described as a sedative, lethargic or numbing effect that affects the body.)

# Potency [8] (Rate the potency of the sample from 0-10 none-devastating.)

# Duration [2hrs ] (Indicate the number of hours the effects lasted.) the same as anything else i smoke.

# Tolerance build up [?] (Rate how quickly tolerance builds from 0-10 none-rapid. Leave this field blank if you have not used this sample repeatedly.)

# Usability: (Rate on a scale of 1-9 where a one indicates the worst time of day to consume this strain and a nine represents the ideal time of day. Leave field(s) blank if you have not yet formed an opinion.)

Morning - wake up [8] Day - work [7] Evening - relax [8] Night - sleep [8]

I like to smoke every day, throughout the day, I mean, this weed gets you stoned, but i am still able to do things. I think my lazyness/tiredness/willingness has more to do with the time of day than the weed.

# Overall satisfaction: [8] (Rate your overall satisfaction from 1-10 poor-Holy Grail.)

Nothing to complain about except the harshness, which i think will go away in time. I was expecting it to be undeniably better than any other indica, its a good contender, but wouldn't say its undenialbly the best or most potent indica known.

# Ability and conditions [8.5] (Rate your overall ability to judge from 1-10 low-high. Consider experience, strain familiarity, atmosphere, current tolerance and most importantly the condition and preparation of the sample.)
I've been smoking weed every day for 7-8 years, first tried it 10.5 years ago. I have always been able to get pretty decent weed, I am very interested in weed, an know more about it than most my freinds that smoke, and most people I come across in person. have only been growing for about a year, and there seem to be many people on IC that are more knowlegeable than me, but I dont consider myself a begginer anymore. I consider my growing knowlege to be moderate on a scale of: [Begginer-moderate-expert] I have smoked a lot of different weed, been to amsterdam and would consider myself pretty expert in terms of weed and smoking it. The only reason I dont give myself a 10 in this question is because I haven't been growing it for very long, and haven't had as many name-brand strains as veteran weed aficionado who lives in NYC or Cali or Holland.

# Judging from the sample alone do you personally consider this
strain a keeper for long term use.
I would grow it again, but also wouldn't be terribly pissed if I lost the genes. Ya, as far as indica dominant goes, its a keeper, takes a little longer to flower, but I am patient enough. If i Could only grow 1 strain of indica and one strain of sativa, I would be satisfied with this as the indica choice. However, I suspect that indica/sativa hybrid strains could appeal to my taste more than this strain.

# What effect did the strain have:
(Rate the noticable effects on a scale of 1-9 mild-severe. Take care to use the appropriate column for your response. Delete the existing space when recording your entry to maintain the columns in alignment. In all cases these casual observations should not be construed as medical advice.)

(Check [P] off if the you got a POSITIVE EFFECT and check [N] if you had a NEGATIVE EFFECT) Question mark if neither, neutral, or not applicable.

(P) Ability to rest or sit still
(P) Anxiety relief
(P) Appetite
? Audio perception
(?) Humor perception
? Imagination/creativity
(N) Paranoia relief
(?) Sex drive
(P) Sleep
? Pain relief
(N/?) Speech process
(N/?) Taste perception
(N/?) Thought process
(N/?) Visual perception

Final comments: Weren't really any amber trichs when i chopped, and it flowered for like 10/11 weeks. I think it will improve in smokeability as it continues to cure. Its potent, and fucks me up, but i wouldn't say its a one hit wonder. 3 good hits should satisfy. Its a good candidate if you are looking for an indica, no special smell or taste, but it smells and tastes just fine. I'd give it an 8 out of 10 in potency, but was expecting maybe a little higher. I still have two stickier, lower yielding pheno's to give reports on, they will probably score higher i am guessing. I dont really have anything bad to say about this strain, I would grow it again, i am vegging the clones out right now actually. I'm not sure this is the pheno I would keep for a mother, but again, there is nothing undesierable about it, the other two phenos just looked better/sticker. Maybe they would grow faster if they weren't in there getting shaded out by this pheno. A lot of the aspects/questions in this smoke report I feel don't really apply to me because I am a daily smoker and it doesn't really complicate my daily routines, so if I wasn't really hungry after smoking this weed, it is probably because i wasn't hungry before smoking this weed, and so on. Also I should mention that I Just got a Volcano Vaporizor and I put some of this weed in it last night and it fucked me up! Maybe this weed is better Vaped than smoked, but I will need much more time to observe before I can give you a more confident answer on that.

Last edited:
Nice report, question for you though, how would you rate this out of everthing you have grown and smoked, and what do you type of weed do you typically prefer?

Illadelph

I have only grown one other strain, Bubba kush, they take about the same amount of time to grow. This came out a little better because the bubba kush was my first grow. A lot of people, includeing myself, get these mysterious brown spots on the leaves in early veg.

As i said in the report, I give the ES a 8 out of 10 for both overall and potency. Its as good if not better than blueberry, afghan and white rhino... possibly the ES is a little better. I think it lacks the thoroughness that a hybrid strain such as jack herer possesses. I do like indica dominants as well though. Hope that answers it. I'll have smoke reports for the other two phenos soon.

Was it worth the price? I'm don't feel like i got ripped off if thats what your asking. I grew the weed for a lot less than I could have bought it for. Can you get equally as good or better strains for less money, most likely, I havn't grown any of my cheap seeds yet. If you ask me, unless your going to try breeding, the best way to go, which is what i will do from now on, is feminized seeds.

Last edited:

hamstring

Veteran
Illadelph said:

Final comments: Weren't really any amber trichs when i chopped, and it flowered for like 10/11 weeks. I think it will improve in smokeability as it continues to cure. Its potent, and fucks me up, but i wouldn't say its a one hit wonder. 3 good hits should satisfy. Its a good candidate if you are looking for an indica, no special smell or taste, but it smells and tastes just fine. I'd give it an 8 out of 10 in potency, but was expecting maybe a little higher. I still have two stickier, lower yielding pheno's to give reports on, they will probably score higher i am guessing. I dont really have anything bad to say about this strain, I would grow it again, i am vegging the clones out right now actually. I'm not sure this is the pheno I would keep for a mother, but again, there is nothing undesierable about it, the other two phenos just looked better/sticker. Maybe they would grow faster if they weren't in there getting shaded out by this pheno. A lot of the aspects/questions in this smoke report I feel don't really apply to me because I am a daily smoker and it doesn't really complicate my daily routines, so if I wasn't really hungry after smoking this weed, it is probably because i wasn't hungry before smoking this weed, and so on. Also I should mention that I Just got a Volcano Vaporizor and I put some of this weed in it last night and it fucked me up! Maybe this weed is better Vaped than smoked, but I will need much more time to observe before I can give you a more confident answer on that.

Glad she finished up for and you got to smoke some. Hey not bad for all the hype some of us gave it. Heros never seem quite as great when you get to meet them in person.

3 phenos that interesting. I had like 3 phenos but that was the F2s that I grew out. I saw bud density you only rated a 5. I remember it seemed to weigh a lot as compared to size i.e. dense buds but it has been at least 3 years I'd say.

Nice to see someone growing her out bro and I hope to get some seed and make some f2s myself real soon because for a northern guerilla its fine plant. For the indoor show too many choices to call it the best that’s for sure.

Thanks a lot for growing it and putting all the work into the smoke report.

PEACE

Illadelph

Hamstring
ya, I mean, dont get me wrong, it is some good as weed. My friends really like it. Its real good as far as indica dominants go, but I'm not sure it would stand up very well next too some sativa/indica hybrids.

Ya, i really wouldn't call mine that dense compared to other shit i've seen. I would say its right in the middle between fluffy and dense. From the pics I've seen, it does look like a real good outdoor strain. The other two phenos smell and taste different, i think i'll do another smoke report tomorrow morning. I like to do them first thing in the morning so its more of a controlled experiment. THanks for sticking around all this time.

Illadelph

Second Stickiest Pheno Smoke Report

Second Stickiest Pheno Smoke Report

IDENTIFICATION

# Details:
Date: 12/13/2008
Strain: Endless Sky
Judge: Illadelph
Breeder: Dr Greenthum
Grower: Illadelph

Clear [5] Cloudy [90] Amber [5] Dark [0 ] (%)

# (Mark with X the colors that are present in the buds or for a more detailed color analysis rate presence on a scale 1-9 light-dark.)

Brown [ ] Green [x] Gold [ ] Blue [ ] Grey [ ] White [x] Red [ ] Rust [ ] Orange [x] Purple [ ] Black [ ]

# Bud density: [4] (Rate the bud density from 1-10 airy-dense. For samples that are not in their natural state leave this field blank.)

# (Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the aroma of freshly broken bud where a one indicates a subtle presence and 9 indicates a pronounced presence. Delete the existing space when marking a descriptor in order to maintain the columns in alignment.)

Ammonia [ ] Earthy [2] Licorice [ ] Peach [ ] Berry [ ] Floral [1] Mango [ ] Pepper [1] Blueberry [ ] Fruit [1] Meat [ ] Petroleum [ ] Bubblegum [ ] Grape [ ] Melon [ ] Pine [1] Cedar [ ] Grapefruit [ ] Menthol [ ]

# Aroma: [7.5] (Rate the aroma from 1-10 repulsive-delightful. Use freshly crumbled bud for best results.)
Smell less strong in this pheno, maybe because I have less of it in the container, as it was lower yeilding. It smelled a litle like stinky cheese while it was curing but that aroma seems to have all but gone away. It doesnt smell as sweet as the first pheno I reviewed

# Seed content: [0] (Rate seed content from 0-10 none-fully seeded.)

# Weeks cured: [2.5] (If known enter the number of weeks your sample has been cured. If desired repeat SSR after an additional two weeks of curing.)

# Physical examination comments: Medium to dark green with many orange hairs. Fluffier and drier than the previously tested pheno. Red hairs more wirey. More trichs, second stickiest pheno

# Smell: Pineapple [ ] Cherry [ ] Grass/Hay [1] Mint [ ] Rotten [ ] Chocolate [ ] Hash [ ] Mold [ ] Skunk [1] Citrus [1] Iron/Rust [ ] Musk [ ] Spice [1] Coconut [ ] Leather [ ] Nutmeg [ ] Strawberry [ ] Coffee [ ] Lemon [ ] Orange [ ] Vanilla [ ]

THE SMOKE TEST

(Address these questions while smoking.)

# (Please use a clean instrument for the evaluation. Enter information below that will identify the instrument as follows:)

Water pipe (enter bong, hooka, bubbler etc) [ PH(x) bong, see pic]
Vaporizer (enter the brand name) []
Pipe (size-type, ie medium-glass) [large Glass]
Joint (enter brand of papers) [ ]
Other (specify):

# (Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the taste where a one indicates a subtle presence and a nine indicates a very pronounced presence. Delete the existing space when marking a descriptor in order to maintain the columns in alignment.)

Ammonia [1] Earthy [2] Licorice [ ] Peach [ ] Berry [ ] Floral [ ] Mango [ ] Pepper [1] Blueberry [ ] Fruit [ ] Meat [ ] Petroleum [ ] Bubblegum [ ] Grape [ ] Melon [ ] Pine [ ] Cedar [ ] Grapefruit [ ] Menthol [ ] Pineapple [ ] Cherry [ ] Grass/Hay [ ] Mint [ ] Rotten [ ] Chocolate [ ] Hash [ ] Mold [ ] Skunk [ ] Citrus [ ] Iron/Rust [ ] Musk [ ] Spice [ ] Coconut [ ] Leather [ ] Nutmeg [ ] Strawberry [ ] Coffee [ ] Lemon [ ] Orange [ ] Vanilla [ ]

(If appropriate return to this question after 5-10 minutes and mark
with X any unmarked descriptors for lingering aftertaste.)

# Taste: [7.5] (Rate your impression of the taste from 1-10 unpleasant-delicious.) Doesn't taste bad, but nothing notable. Not something you keep smoking after you are high just for flavor, but again, nothing wrong with the taste. Probably get better in time

# State of dryness: [5.5] (Rate the dryness of the bud from 1-10 wet-dry where 5 is ideal.) Crumbles if you pinch it, But thats how a lot of people like it. I wouldnt say that its TOO dry.

# Smoke ability: [6.5] (Rate the smoke ability of the sample from 1-10 harsh-smooth.)

# Smoke expansion: [7] (Rate how the smoke expands in the lungs from 1-10 stable-explodes.)
Now i know what this means. Shit grips you from the inside of the lungs and wrenches them inside-out. I find that weed with "wirey pistils" (red hairs) tends to do this. Had me coughing my balls off.

# Smoke test comments:

It coulb probably use some more time curing, its still a little harsh/ammonia tasting, doesn't really burn your mouth/throat though. It will probably taste better and be smoother in more time

Effect: This shit is pretty good. One big hit followed by a coughing fit has be pretty ripped. I would say that this pheno is better/more potent than the first one I reviewed.

FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS

(Address final questions immediately after effects have worn off.)

# Dosage: 1 bowlpacks, a quarter of a gram maybe? 3 solid hits

# Effect onset: [2] (Rate how quickly the effect hit from 1-10 immediate-major creeper.)

# Sativa influence: [1] (Rate the sativa influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Sativa influence is best described as a clear and energetic mental effect.) Doesn't really scream sativa, but i know that there is a small amount in there.

# Indica influence: [9] (Rate the indica influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Indica influence is best described as a sedative, lethargic or numbing effect that affects the body.)

# Potency [8.5] (Rate the potency of the sample from 0-10 none-devastating.)

# Duration [2hrs ] (Indicate the number of hours the effects lasted.) the same as anything else i smoke.

# Tolerance build up [?] (Rate how quickly tolerance builds from 0-10 none-rapid. Leave this field blank if you have not used this sample repeatedly.)

# Usability: (Rate on a scale of 1-9 where a one indicates the worst time of day to consume this strain and a nine represents the ideal time of day. Leave field(s) blank if you have not yet formed an opinion.)

Morning - wake up [8] Day - work [4] Evening - relax [8.5] Night-sleep [8.5]

# Overall satisfaction: [8.25] (Rate your overall satisfaction from 1-10 poor-Holy Grail.)

# Judging from the sample alone do you personally consider this
strain a keeper for long term use. YES

# What effect did the strain have:
(Rate the noticable effects on a scale of 1-9 mild-severe. Take care to use the appropriate column for your response. Delete the existing space when recording your entry to maintain the columns in alignment. In all cases these casual observations should not be construed as medical advice.)

(Check [P] off if the you got a POSITIVE EFFECT and check [N] if you had a NEGATIVE EFFECT) Question mark if neither, neutral, or not applicable.

(P) Ability to rest or sit still
(P) Anxiety relief
(P) Appetite
? Audio perception
(?) Humor perception
? Imagination/creativity
(?) Paranoia relief
(?) Sex drive
(P) Sleep
? Pain relief
(N/?) Speech process
(N/?) Taste perception
(N/?) Thought process
(N/?) Visual perception

Final comments: This pheno looks better than the previously tested one, and seems to have a better effect too, as I had suspected. I would definitely like to see more of this type in the future. This one might live up to all the hype, as I am pretty much at a loss for words right now. Not saying its the best weed I ever smoked but the effect is thoroughly satisfying. Very indica indeed. Couldn't call it the holy grail, but it could be considered a very strong contender for the holy grail of indica dom.

Last edited:

Illadelph

decided to change my set up a bit. I am using these buckets now instead of 1 main res. This way, i can have sort of a perpetual grown. 2 in the veg box under the CFL's, and 3 in the flower box under HPS. See pics.

What is making my growth tips droop like that on the older plants? the younger plants are all ES clones from my last cycle, the big ones are ES and Jack Herer. Let me know if anyone knows what could be causing this.

Nothing unusual with the conditions that I can think of, except the water temp might be a little warm, like low-mid 70's F.

algrow12

well I say maybe ph or heat you know I need more info. do they perk up after the light comes on or do they always stay like that.I had to cut mine down had a securty risk and had to chop man did i hate it but it all is worked out and i guess i lived to grow anthor day

Illadelph

i think my PH is good. I think it might be the water temps if that is possible. I think that SM90 you told me about is the only think keeping the roots alive. I guess I'll have to do frozen water bottles year round. Good eye on the mag deficiency. Sorry to hear about your security issue, but glad it worked out okay. THanks for the help.

Illadelph

Stickiest Pheno Smoke Report

Stickiest Pheno Smoke Report

I'm not gunna bother doing the formal smoke report for the third pheno. Its about on par with the last pheno. I'd give it an 8 out of 10 for both its over all and potency score. The smell is hard to describe, not so much sweet, closer to earthy than anything else. The taste is nothing to write home about but its not like it makes you say "yuk" or anything. Also, this pheno is denser than the other two. A tad on the dense side of average on the density spectrum. Needs broken up a little bit in order to burn well.

I'm flowering out two more ES girls right now, about 1 week in. And have another one in veg. All in all its a very good indica dom strain. Its probably not the best value, I believe there are probably seeds out there that you can get that are as good, if not better, for a fraction of the price. However, as I have said before, its not like I feel I didn't get my money's worth. Also, I've heard this is an ideal strain for outdoors. I'm very happy with it, however, I hesitate to call it the holy grail of strains. I plan on trying some sativa/indica hybrid strains in the future, as I continue to seek a thorough psychoactive effect.

Incase this is my last post in this thread, thanks to all who had subscribed and posted.

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
tnx for the description of the ES
ive just popped some ES f2 and look forward to growing it
heard many good thing about its potency and yield

hamstring

Veteran
Looking for the pre-2006 version of Endless Sky. Before the fem seed craze. I had a pheno that was knock down potent.

I dont have any first hand info but its my understanding that Dr Greenthumb lost his original male . i keep hearing the fem version is not close to the same.

This was one of my all time favorite strains. It finished fast, tight buds, disease resistant and very little stretch. I grew this one for years until I moved and lost my mom plant.

One of my favorite stories with this strain was smoking it with my alderman. She was telling me how she was getting back into LSD after all theses years. Pot was more just for relaxing. We were both born in the 60's.

I lit up a fat J of Endles Sky and after a good toke session she looked at me and said," Wow this is real medicine " She was a very seasoned smoker.

After all theses years I now have a indoor garden and am building up my stable of strains. I would sure love to get a pre-2006 version of Endless Sky.

Anybody still growing this one?