What's new

Endless sky 400w DWC

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You still have friends lurking!

I have messed around with hash a bit last couple of years, and I have to say that I really enjoy making water hash out of my good trim. I don't have bags, although I prolly will buy some one day. I had been using a blender using dried, frozen trim. But I recently just used a cake mixer, lots of crushed ice/water, and frozen fresh green trim. It yields the nicest pollen that presses and cures nicely, with very little green.
Make certain you press the pollen in some fashion to get the best effects.
I use a clothes iron (heated) and cigarette cellophane to make planks. Completely changes the character and taste of the resins, and makes them melt your head.

Last edited:

Illadelph

A few pics for good measure. Did a res flush and nute change yesterday and the day before. They are looking real dank today, but should swell up even nicer tomorrow we think.

Dialed in @ 950PPM

What do people usually trim after harvest? Last time with the bubba kush i cut every little leaf off, but the weed I buy seems to have some left on. Would you say a good rule of thumb would be anything with an exposed stem, and not any of those little leaf bits that come out of the bud?

Also, does anyone find that if you trim off all the small lower buds your bigger top buds get bigger and danker? I realize it might be little late for this go round, but would like to know for future reference.

Flushed the mom a few days ago as well, and noticed the first signs of nute burn, so I flushed again and added less nutes than before.

The Jack Herer seedling growing slowly but surely, Had to bring the PPMs down. No signs of harm but they were like 500-700, i cant remember, but i thought it was a little high, so i brought it down to 200-500. No flush, just a partial res change. Let me go take a pic of the mums and I'll edit them in.

The Endless Sky = Iranian Indica X Grenadine <-- (Niagra X Shiva) X G13)

A little lineage that I found on the seed website today

How many PPMs would you guess is appropriate for a plant that size?
Going to administer her some bushmaster tomorrow probably.

The Jack Herer (Maybe someone can help me with the lineage)

Look okay? How Many PPMs would you think is appropriate for a seedling of this size?

Last edited:

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
I'm an aggressive trimmer. I work in 3 stages. First the big fans get tossed. Second pass, hold stem upside down and snip every leaf stem I can see. Third pass, hold stem upright and trim any leaf tips that stick out past the buds.

I save the last two passes for butter. I tried the 1oz per Lb of butter and found it too weak. I'm guessing that ratio is for buds so next time I'll try 1oz for 1/2 lb butter and see what that does.

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMO, the more leaf matter you can trim off, the better the buds taste.
Some strains are harder to trim than others, and I find that with some you can easily pull that "third" stage of Freeze's with your fingers...others requires you to get a bit more personal with scissors.
The commercial guys sometimes leave these for weight and time reasons.
Some weed tastes good even with the small leafs left on, most don't. IMO.

Illadelph

FreezerBoy, welcome back, I been wondering where you went.

Hoosierdaddy, thank you for the quick reply as well.

So what i'm getting from the two of you is that the more leaf you trim off the better. I make butter with that stuff two. 4-8 sticks of butter per oz, dont know how many pounds that is. Last time I threw in those little popcorn buds from the bottom of the plant as well, and some bigger buds that got moldy. Its not the strongest butter I've made, but it does the trick.

Today is 4 weeks from estimated harvest time.

anyone think cutting off smaller "popcorn" buds makes your big main buds bigger and danker?

Added bushmaster to the ES mom when I woke up, shot up over night. Jack Herer Seedling still looks about the same.

Thanks for stopping by, please stick around. I'll post some new pics tonight if the buds swell up enough for it to make it worth it.

Illadelph

Nute Burn or Something Else???

Nute Burn or Something Else???

Is this nute burn or something else? Don't know how well you can see with the pics.

Its starting from the top of the plant.

They don't have any more nutes than they did before the flush. Less fan leaves now, does that mean it can't handle as much nutes?

The buds didn't swell as much as they did with the first flush that was done half way through the fourth week of flowering I believe.

Here is a pic of the Mums for good measure.

Last edited:

hamstring

Veteran
Illadelph said:
A few pics for good measure. Did a res flush and nute change yesterday and the day before. They are looking real dank today, but should swell up even nicer tomorrow we think.

Dialed in @ 950PPM

Looking frosty bro cant wait to hear what you think of the smoke. I hope to put some outside next season pricey seeds but great outdoor plant. I know I have discussed this before but here is a link to a very seasoned growers(Silver Back) thoughts on Endless Sky just incase you get the outdoor bug. There is a few strain reports but ES is there also.

If the bug does bite love to see you over at the outdoor forum.
PEACE

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=47579&page=12&pp=15

This is BBXNL 2008.

Illadelph

Hamstring: what up. Nice to see you again. Is that the stalk in the first picture? wow, that is a freaking tree right there.

Ya, i would love to do some outdoor. Smokin some out door weed right now, i bought it though. Unfortunatly I dont know of any place that I could do it though. I don't want to have to carry heavy shit real far and stuff.

I'll check that link out though. I've been looking for other threads with ES.

Thanks

Illadelph

Wow, and I quote:

"Potentcy:10 The most potent indica strain i am aware of"

"ES is without a doubt, the most potent indica dom plant i know of and. the stone on the plant is intense to the point of panic for a moderate smoker. Unequalled from my perspective."

I'm looking forward to this, sound like its just what I've been saying I was looking for. Some weed to really blow my mind and make me say "this is the best shit I ever smoked" I have to admit though, after reading that I'm a little intimidated. I hope I dont get TOO stoned, if there is such a thing.

Grizz

Veteran
bro do me a favor and make some f2 seeds, I lost my ES to leo before I got to flower her out. PM me about the f2's.

Grunt

just stumbled onto this thread. if I understand it your plants are still growing. The fan leaves are the plants solar panels. If you remove them it wont have its main power source anymore. The way you get the lower buds to ripen up is to harvest only the top section of the plant as far down as the buds are firm. After removing the top section, the bottom will have all the light it needs. Then when they firm up you'll be good to go. If you want to avoid the mold make sure you use an exhaust fan. You must also have an intake vent as well as the exhaust. Sceen the intake so no bugs are drawn in. Also if you trim the bottom 1/4 of your plant the top buds will get all the bud building juice they need and you will have bigger buds as a result. Another positive is that you wont have to waste all that time trimming those lower little pieces of shit cuz when you get done trimmin there wont be enough bud left anyway. Of course this needs to be done just after they start flowering so you can tell which ones will be substanial enough to keep and which are going to be a waste and so removed. I'm gone. Wont b back, but take my word for it. What I just told you is all correct info. No guess work.

Illadelph

Sorry Josey, No males left, plus I think it may be a little late in the game for that. The mods don't like that kinda talk around here I don't think. I thought Ive seen them delete threads or accounts because of people talking bout beans like that. I'd love to help you but I Just don't see any way possible. If ES is as good as they say it is, it sounds like it'd be worth the $ to order some more.

algrow12

looking good. cheek the ph on your mother plant looks like ph problem to me.
as for the bulking up it want bulk as much as the frist time you do it but you should see it.

Illadelph

So does anyone out there find that shortening your light cycles towards the end of flowering increases resin production by tricking the plant into thinking the days are getting shorter and signaling it to put all of its energy into the development of the buds because it will soon die and the buds are usually where the seeds are, and therefore the genes that it wishes to preserve through natural selection? Makes sense in theory, just wondering if anyone finds it to be true?

Or how about giving the plant a long flush because it will cause it to draw all of the plants energy and available nutrients to the buds for the same reason as above? I once hear that you want your plants to be almost dead by the time you harvest. Comments?

And how about colder night temps making the bud produce more resin as a form of insulation or protection because it is bracing itself for even colder temps in the coming days or weeks?

Let me know if anyone practices these techniques or finds that they work, because its getting towards that time. about 3.5 weeks left.

How do those people in the flower pics forum get their buds to be so frosty? is it just genetics or is there some kind of secret?

Last edited:

algrow12

I dont have all the answers you are ask but you can try all of them yourself you have clones of the es now ture it will take you a few times to see what does what but I belive it's really all in the genetics but one thats if you get them cold they will change colors I know that for sure.

hamstring

Veteran
Illadelph said:
Wow, and I quote:

"Potentcy:10 The most potent indica strain i am aware of"

"ES is without a doubt, the most potent indica dom plant i know of and. the stone on the plant is intense to the point of panic for a moderate smoker. Unequalled from my perspective."

I'm looking forward to this, sound like its just what I've been saying I was looking for. Some weed to really blow my mind and make me say "this is the best shit I ever smoked" I have to admit though, after reading that I'm a little intimidated. I hope I dont get TOO stoned, if there is such a thing.

Bro

I’m telling you this is some potent smoke but one thing before other indoor growers bang me on the head :bashhead: .

Silver Back’s comments are referring to weed grown from seed not any special cuts or crossed phenos that cannot be obtained from seed. Some really good weed cannot be bought in seed form. There can be many phenos from one strain or cross of two strains. Growers get great phenos from strains that others may call so so and then it turns into clone only weed.

That’s what makes ES so special to me anyone can grow mucho potent weed with ES. It has a couple different phenos but they are all knock outs so enjoy but if you have grown quite a few of the clone only strains there may be an equal but I have never had one that’s for sure.

PEACE

Some more pics of BBXNL

Below is some outdoor weed that can be grown almost anywhere its called GG (Guerrilla Gold) 2-2.5 ft tall done at the end of August that’s right end of August and is potent 6.5 out of 10 unlike the Lowrider strains.

Last edited:

Illadelph

Wow, i see what you mean about the dank strain from seed without stabilizing a pheno and all that. I'm looking forward to it.

Can you grow weed in a forest, or only in a field type setting. I was scoping out some area's in the woods and wondering if you need a hole in the canopy or if they won't get shaded out by the big trees around.

Can you plant in buckets or in the ground?

Last edited:

hamstring

Veteran
Bro
Glad to help although others at the outdoor forum are much better than I to gain knowledge not being modest just truthful. You do need a hole in the canopy and you can grow in buckets especially the GG strains because they only produce 2 ozs either way. Many people grow in containers in swamps/marshes because of the security.

I promise you there are always places to grow but for my money chose a spot you feel comfortable with that has some good southern exposure(more sun). The second thing for me, not everyone, but for me is I like a water source near by so I don’t have to lug in water. So creek, river, marsh, swamp, pond, lake etc. If you are in the city look for designated areas set aside for flood and runoff control they all have it. They look like and are wetlands. I wouldn’t go hog wild but a few GG's are good choice because they finish early and have good, not ES, but good potency.

Good Luck with the ES and give us a smoke report I hope the hype holds up to your expectations. Don’t give up on the micro grow just giving you a little summer fun to have outdoors if you enjoy the outdoors.

Give me your latitude and I can be more specific on strains that will work for you. Mine is 42 north which is a first frost of around Oct 15th and last frost of May 15th the two key dates for strain choices.
I see you have finished Bubba Kush according to the good doctor they will finish at 42 deg north and are small in stature. Don’t always believe what the breeder has for outdoor harvest dates ask fellow growers in or near your latitude but Dr Greenthumb has been right on for me on harvest dates.

Latest posts

Latest posts