What's new

Endless sky 400w DWC

Illadelph

so i should still chop even buds that have pretty much all white pistils? I noticed those particular buds are starting to get frostier. In the bud shot on drgreenthumb the ES is about 50% white pistils, i wonder if that means its what it looks like when he intends for it to be harvested. (again, not to suggest that I should harvest by pistil color instead of trich's, i'm just saying, i've never even seen/smoked weed with anything more than just a few white pistils.)

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ill...here is my suggestion on the harvest thing...
You are growing arguably one of the most potent indicas on the planet. Indica gets it's glory from the CB's that it posses, and it seems that much of this chemical production is during the final ripening of the trichs.
To get the most potential out of the ES, I would definitely let it go til finish. Finish is when the trichs have ripened to the growers satisfaction, and really has little to do with the breeders description. And most seed plants will finish at a different rate than clones of the same plant anyway. From my experience, most clones will finish maybe a week before the mom did first time out. Not always though...so it is very important (if you care about proper harvest times) to get a cheap scope ($12 radio shack) and learn to use it often. They are a bit daunting at first and hard to get used to, but they work great and they become second nature.
Learn how you like your strain...this is YOUR handiwork. Harvest some with just a few amber trichs (I never like to chop one with no amber at all as you may be missing the fattening up period), then harvest some with half amber, and then a buttload of amber. I have a feeling the buttload of amber on the ES will lay a good man down.

But, to me the most important thing is like I mentioned...not to miss the fattening up period. That time can come anywhere from a month to the last few days of ripening.
A bud can easily double it's heft in just a few days during this time. Be a shame to miss some good calyx swell.

Illadelph

Nice, thanks for the input hoosier. Valuable info.

Do the white pistils die and turn brown after you chop or something? like when you dry any white pistils turn brown/red? that would explain it, but not sure if thats how it works.

algrow, what do you think is making my leaves turn brown and crispy than if i'm under feeding? Looks kinda rusty like maybe cal/mag or something, using tap water though, with no cal mag added. Also, i thought the leaves were supposed to turn like light green and dry and crumble when touched as a sign of under feeding, no? let me get a pic of a leaf i removed.

Maybe PH lockout?

Tell me exactly what I need to do to fix it, just like ol' times.

Last edited:

pezoholic

yea Im surprised at the lack of trichromes on surrounding leaves and even the budsets. I would let this thing just go till it starts yellowing everywhere

Illadelph

pezoholic, welcome. Are you sure you are looking at the right picture? I'd say the trichomes are pretty abundant, more so on some plants than others.

algrow12

how high is the water in the bucket it should be 2'' below the net cup. yes I would say the ph is way off that plant can take 1000 ppms easy using the f/n at 8 m/l a gal . theres big problems with that thing what do the roots look like.

Illadelph

a few pics from less usual angles, to keep things interesting. Tinted by the light of course. Leaves starting to pale like algrow described. Neon green around thethe top buds, and one lower fan leaf that turned banana yellow (atleast it looks that color under the HPS)

Also upped the nutes in that jack herer i'm trying to grow out. Had to add some nutes too my clones in my bubble cloner because they were showing signs of starvation. They been in there about 9 weeks with just plain tap. Also switched out 85% of the the tap water that was in my main res, that I have been flushing. Dont know if you still have to change the water once you are flushing, but i figured osmosis was pulling nutes out of the plants and causing the water to dislolve it. Not sure if thats how it works.

So does anyone know if any pistils that are still white at harvest will die and turn brown as you dry, or would they just stay white forever?

Is anyone else having problems uploading pics? or is it my connection?

Algrow: roots look good, water level was good too. I got the PH around 6 now, i just changed the water out with a higher nute concentration. ~950ppms if i remember correctly.

That larger ES mother is doing fine at like 700ppms i think. I should go check the water on that one because it has 2 gal. of roots that just soak everything up.

also, i know I've asked this before, but: PH flush water? yes or no?

Last edited:

algrow12

the pistil will change from white to tan or a orangy color most of the time if they are white when you chop they should turn the same color as the ones that are already on the plant that has changed . I don't ph mine

Illadelph

Cal/mag deficiency? thats what those brown spots are suggesting to me. Thought my tap water would have enough of that stuff, but maybe not, so I added 1/2 a TSP to the bucket, which has 1.5 gal of water in it. You think thats what it could be? I mean, i upped the nutes significantly 2 nights ago, and the syndrome is still spreading. Since they are getting kinda rust spots first before they turn yellow and dry, thats what makes me suspect cal/mag/iron or something. Take another look at the pics.

just so as to not cause any confustion, this is the jack herer bag seed that I planted to try to take cuts off. It is not the ES i'm flowering, which is doing okay. I know we are probably all high, so its easy for us to get confused.

Last edited:

Illadelph

~6.0. I originally thought nute burn but when i shared my ppm level i was told they were too low and it might be a deficiency.

Thanks for joining in and helping out. Stick around.

Barnt

Here are some pictures from my previous grow with mag def.

Leaves generally start by getting yellow on edges and in between veins.

When it gets worse some parts of the leaves will start to die.

At the time of the first pic I didn't know it was a mg def. It wasn't until I started feeding 10ml/gal of calmag+ (after pic 3 was taken) did growth finally take off with a healthy green color.

algrow12

when I frist got started I had a small bucket bout a gal my plant's did that same thing when you touch the leaves are they real brittle and crispy. I say get a bigger bucket and more air in it

Illadelph

I guess another day or 2 will tell if I solved it with the additional nutes and cal mag. It certainly has started to grow faster since i uped the nutes per algrow's suggestion. I don't think its the bucket at this point, because the ES mom is doing fine in the same sized bucket, although it is another strain. The jack herer is finally big enough to take a cut or 2 off of, but i'm guna wait till my bubble cloner is empyt after i plant the ES clones that are in it.

Barnt:thanks for the pics. It's good to know wat mag def looks like should I ever have it.

Last edited:

Illadelph

definitly growing up fast. I was just thinking myself I need to increase my sativa exposure. Was looking at amnesia white and amnesia haze. I had amnesia once and remember liking it. I also have that Thunk, or original thai haze x skunk #1 that I got as freebies, but I think It'd be best to ease in with a hybrid like jack herer. I also got some other hybrid seeds like PPP, Ice, and K2. But I don't plan that far ahead. ANyway, they look great. A little paler in the more recent picture though? no? I better upload some new pics tonight as we are on a new page now.

Edit:
Caught em with the lights off and snapped what are probably my best pics yet.

This girl up front is the one I have been referring to as "the sticky pheno"

this is the second stickiest one

and all the rest are the fast growing, cab dominating pheno, the one I have the mother off, might have to flower it out or something and replace her with a clone from the sticky pheno.

I got a 30X microscope and took a peek at the trichs, mostly clear or cloudy, didn't see many amber if any, and this is 9.5 weeks of flower. Glad I have time to let it go longer. Note the leaves turning yellow as I flush, hoping for a real clean taste.

Last edited:

algrow12

yours are looking good yeah mine need a little mag and I didn't know how much of a nute hog it is it was down from 1052 to 672 in a week so thats why it looks a little pale.

Illadelph

Took a small tester bud off of the ES, for some reason a little bit of the main cola was crispy to the touch, so i figured since it was already kinda dry. Tasted alright, a little harsh because of no cure, but not as bad as you might think. seemed above par in potency. Good smell, don't know what to compare it too, kinda spicy. All and all i'm pretty satisfied. Lets see how the rest turns out.

Also took a cut off that jack herer which is making a rebound. I put the cut in the bubble cloner with the already long time rooted ES cuts. It was a very informal affair, but i'm hoping it might root and i can flower it out with the ES clones to see if that is a female jack i have. Fingers crossed.

Last edited: