What's new

Ekomsi's learning curve with 6kw and more

DreadNeck

Alright its time that I buy an A/C unit. Im thinking about going with a Aura 36,000 BTU unit its 15seer . I also have a heating and cooling guy looking into prices on a simillar unit he can get.

Does anyone think 36,000 btu is not big enough?

Running 10 600W bulbs, ballast are outside the grow room. I have a around 5 oscillating fans in the room, a 12in vortex extracting fan and 2 4in intake fans soon to be 6in intake fans.

More than enough bro. 36,000 BTU (3 tons) will cool about 9K
The Fujitsu mini splits are really nice and incredibly quiet. An AC compressor running in the middle of winter is a little tough to explain...no need to advertise ;-)
Nice work!

E

ekomsi

I read u run 8-16 Lucas what do u ph ur Rez at?

5.6-6.0 , I have a few airstones in the rez but when I add the chilled back I probably wont use airstones I think a waterfall effect is good enough.
Attack of the bob the builder!
No shit I need a new avatar lol

More than enough bro. 36,000 BTU (3 tons) will cool about 9K
The Fujitsu mini splits are really nice and incredibly quiet. An AC compressor running in the middle of winter is a little tough to explain...no need to advertise ;-)
Nice work!

Thanks for the confirmation Dread, Im going to see if my hvac guy can get a good deal on one of those or something simillar otherwise I can get an Aura 36k unit for 2400 out the door in about 3 weeks from my hydro shop.

I have a pretty big yard so not too many people should hear it.

E

ekomsi

All 11 Black Rose Seeds germinated a 100% rate but how many will be female? Any guesses?

I germinate as follows

I take a 1 gallon jug full of water add 2 tsp clonex clone solution, and ph it to 5.6ish.

Dunk small cube of rock wool in solution for a 5-10 sec, take out of solution and shake excess solution from the cube. Insert seed into rock wool and place on a tray with a dome.

After the seeds germinated and the tap root pops threw the bottom of the rock wool I split the rock wool cube take the seedling out of the rock wool and place it into a neoprene insert and into the ezcloner it goes for a speedy veg.

Lammy

DJ greenthumb,
I believe they sell bulbs meant specifically for vertical or horizontal use.
but I only run horizontal and I don't see what difference it would make.

E

ekomsi

Update time

Update time

Black Rose already purple say what!!??!! less then 3 weeks old I do believe

Next run is in the buckets as of today

I will get some dry bud pics up asap,

Harvey weight was still bellow expectations. I want to get 1 lb per 600 to be satisfied.

Any ways Im out of red ink with this harvest and it paid for the Mini Split sitting in my garage, hopefully the ac gets installed this weekend!

I will also snap some pics of the scrog when lights come on.

Attachments

• SAM_1592.jpg
    SAM_1592.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 3
  • SAM_1594.jpg
    SAM_1594.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 4
  • SAM_1597.jpg
    SAM_1597.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 4
E

ekomsi

Thanks bro, I ended up getting a YMGI, 36,000 btu mini split with dc inverter and heat pump

Im trying to find a better avatar (hopefully a whole room stuffed with ganja the size of that bud)

E

ekomsi

Dry meds

Dry meds

My next hydro run has been in the buckets for a week now so not much update with them. To be honest they look sad, I had to perform surgery on the roots because they were so tangled.

The 600W soil scrog has another week or two, Im going to start flushing (feeding only water) tonight when lights turn on. Its been in flower for 56 days tomorrow.

On to the pics

The first two pics are what I call Mys #3 It is a nirvana mystery strain, it grows big nice unique smelling buds but they are fluffy makes for a huge oz bag. This strain has been retired and after i chop the mys #3 scrog I will have no more.

The third pic is Swiss Cheese. It is an awesome strain very pungent and gets me very medicated, I love the taste of this cheese b/c it is funky.

The fourth bud is Mys #1 it grows the biggest colas I harvest and its very fruity and a nice balanced high. All around great strain it will stay in the mix for awhile.

Attachments

• SAM_1606.jpg
    SAM_1606.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 7
  • SAM_1607.jpg
    SAM_1607.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 5
  • SAM_1616.jpg
    SAM_1616.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 8
  • SAM_1611.jpg
    SAM_1611.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 7
E

ekomsi

The first two pics are Mys #1 I love this strain for its smell and yeild.

The next two pics are from a NycD its super frosty and has a fuel stench, my patients like to request this strain a lot. Very great variety.

The next two are blue mystic, it might be my new fav strain its grows nice size buds with not much popcorn bud at all. Smell is nothing special but it tastes very berry and gets me very medicated.

Attachments

• SAM_1621.jpg
    SAM_1621.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 6
  • SAM_1623.jpg
    SAM_1623.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 8
  • SAM_1626.jpg
    SAM_1626.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 7
  • SAM_1627.jpg
    SAM_1627.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 8
  • SAM_1629.jpg
    SAM_1629.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 4
  • SAM_1636.jpg
    SAM_1636.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 7

turbo14

Veteran
Lookin' good bro!

What did you end up yielding last round? Are those the standard size ebb and grow buckets came with the system? Also, did you have any leaks or complaints on the system? You are killin it bro.

Makes me wanna start dusting off some old hydro gear:)

turbo

E

ekomsi

Lookin' good bro!

What did you end up yielding last round? Are those the standard size ebb and grow buckets came with the system? Also, did you have any leaks or complaints on the system? You are killin it bro.

Makes me wanna start dusting off some old hydro gear:)

turbo

Thanks guys, I dont report yeild b/c Im only 'allowed to posses" 15oz of dry usable material"

Those are the standard size buckets 2gallons I think. Leaks are very minimal the system is alright and very easy to use but make sure your floor is level but the buckets are raised or pvc is used to prop up the inner bucket.

I need to step it up this run because the yeild so far has only been about 40% of my actual yield goal.

majestral

Hey ekomsi! Just finished the thread and wow, amazing. Plants turned out great and of course, we love your system. We've been using the Monster Ebb for a couple years now, not quite as many pots as you have though! We even use the Lucas Formula and then add bud boosters, anyway, nice work we really appreciate the time you've taken to share with us, too bad you can't report yield, we'd love to compare! It'll be great to see what you think of the Advanced Nutrients and how they compare to GH, which is what we use now as well. Thanks again!

Peace,
The Majestrals.

E

ekomsi

Well I havent been to this thread in awhile

Here is a quick update, the plants were vegged for just over 30 days, they have been in flipped, I have my new bulbs in went with half ushio and half solarmax both 600W HPS.

I have my 36K BTU Ymgi Minisplit A/c up and running. Its gonna be awesome when I want to lower the temps late in flower. Temps are 75F lights on and 60F light out.

My humidity is around 60% I will stop using my humidifier after the stretch and bring it down to 30-40%

Attachments

• SAM_1711.jpg
    SAM_1711.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 3
  • SAM_1708.jpg
    SAM_1708.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 5
  • SAM_1703.jpg
    SAM_1703.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 4
  • SAM_1707.jpg
    SAM_1707.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 4
  • SAM_1698.jpg
    SAM_1698.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 3
  • SAM_1696.jpg
    SAM_1696.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 10
  • SAM_1701.jpg
    SAM_1701.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 6
E

ekomsi

These plants have all been topped and supercropped in veg, trying to keep a even canopy but its still hard when running 3 strains. These should all stretch and be about the same tho.

cyat

Veteran
lookin good.. lovin the cages!

runnin coco in my flo n gro buckets, and one bucket with rockwool chum.. likin it more than the hydroton... rockin foxfarm nutes this time

yield last run for 12 buckets under 1k was a zip over 3/4...hopin for more this run

majestral

Hey Ekomsi, looks like you'll get a huge number from here! Looking great. How do you like the tomato cages? Any pro's or con's you can share? We were contemplating using some sort of cage, but haven't experimented with it yet! Again, great job!

Peace,
The majestrals