What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ed Rosenthal's Super Bud

Max Headroom

Veteran
attachment.php

disclaimer:
please note that i grew this strain from commercial clones, not from seed, so i can't compare different phenotypes of this strain. since this is a rather complex cross, there might be some interesting phenos.

why i picked it:
i guess "Sativas from all around the equatorial zone" from the sensi description sealed it.
it sounded like some interesting genetics. a reasonable flowering time + yield was also a must.

sample size: over 80 grams so far

tools:
~80 % volcano vaporizer, rest in joints (weed + additive free tobacco)

smell: unremarkable. i can't really say more about it, that's how unremarkable it is. it smells like weed. ;-)

taste: a boring, slightly green weed taste (despite proper curing). sensi's description of "A strong and incredibly sweet aroma of pineapple-punch is the dominant flavour across the strain" is apparently not true.

effects: the high is of a relaxing indica dominated variety. it kinda switches off part of your brain and makes it easy to passively consume entertainment or escape nagging thoughts. it makes you mellow and a bit stupid with a bit of the giggles thrown in. not quite my fav. type of high. additionally, i get quite tired after repeated use. so i usually only smoke 1 round of ERSB and then switch to something else. it's nice to have a strain like that in your arsenal, but only as a 3rd or 4th option. it would be unsuitable to be my 'main strain'.

conclusion: i guess the cynic in me should have suspected that a strain that was in development for ages and then named [celebrity name] + SUPER BUD maybe wasn't all that 'super' and more of an attempt to recoup the invested time + money.
while ERSB isn't awful weed, it's just nothing special. smell, taste and high are all substandard in today's market. while the buds were very dense and the yield was good, this didn't balance out the other drawbacks. (not to mention the €140 pricetag if you buy seeds)

i would recommend giving ERSB a pass, unless you are looking for the specific traits mentioned, or if there are some totally different phenos out there.

Attachments

• ersb.jpg
    ersb.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Tipz

Seems to be unbiased report, and good information on a strain thats just been hyped up
thks Max

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow, that is taking this strain down a notch! Sensi needs to reprice and rework some of their strains.

cannanaut

It would be more objective if you had grown packet of ERSB and then made judgement..

ERSB is complex hybrid and for sure has many phenotypes.

:)

Tipz

pheno variation

pheno variation

It would be more objective if you had grown packet of ERSB and then made judgement..

ERSB is complex hybrid and for sure has many phenotypes.

:)

Who would want to buy a strain that has genes all over the place,
especially when it takes so long to develop a plant from seed?
Not knowing what to expect from a plant is a total waste of time. Tipz

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Seeds are always a Crapshoot. Polyhybrids can still yield winners. Having said that, I ran a pack ERSB and found Nothing. lol...

Tipz

No!

No!

Seeds are always a Crapshoot. Polyhybrids can still yield winners. Having said that, I ran a pack ERSB and found Nothing. lol...

This is just not correct. I've never seen a genetically stabilized IBL characterized as, or anything close to it for that matter, to be a crapshoot. maybe you should reconsider the source of your beans.

stasis

Veteran
This is just not correct. I've never seen a genetically stabilized IBL characterized as, or anything close to it for that matter, to be a crapshoot. maybe you should reconsider the source of your beans.

You are entitled to your opinion. I am referencing my Direct Experiences. With Good seeds.
Maybe You should Re-Define what a Keeper is. We might not share the same standards...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I tried this strain in 08. I did not get any seeds to germ. With the price they charge for this I never tried it again..

honeybooboo

I have much respect for old Ed. The first book on MJ cultivation I read was written by Ed and Mel Frank, it got me started in a long career of growing. BUT....
I grew out 4 seeds of the ERSB back when they first hit the market, I grew them outdoors, had two females,and was not at all impressed with the results.

Tipz

wrong

wrong

You are entitled to your opinion. I am referencing my Direct Experiences. With Good seeds.
Maybe You should Re-Define what a Keeper is. We might not share the same standards...

And i'm referencing proven genetic principles, acknowledged as scientific fact. Maybe all the geneticists should just listen to you.
An off the cuff statement which is just wrong

stasis

Veteran
Using the Venerable Ed's Name was obviously a marketing ploy to get people (such as myself) to ante up big Dollaz for a few PolyHybrid Beans. Because of the Sensi Seeds Brand I tried 'Em. no luck here...

Tipz, you ain't gonna make a lot of friends here "acting up" so blatantly. You may be correct, I don't really care...
Being smart is a boon, good on ya. No one wants to talk to ya, not so great..

I have found many "Brand Name" seeds such as Mr. Nice, and other popular elite brans to not yield what I WOULD CALL WINNERS, on regular basis. Although, my Cheesequake seed purchase yielded 2 winners out of 3 females.. So there ya go. It's a Crapshoot.
My Call, 'cause I bought the beans. Thanks.

Pretty competitive in the Em Tri., it's gotta be great...!!

Last edited:

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
holy shit! an honest report that doesn't stroke the source.

way to fucking go!

my that must've smarted.