What's new

ecsd...

KateJ

I don't know how true this is but I found it on a different site and it sounds like something I have read over here.

Underdog aka Original diesel, headband is chemdog 91 clone x northern lights male from early 90's Sensi Seeds. Pheno selected from 100 seed run by The Weasel in Staten Island, NY.

Sour Diesel aka ECSD is 86' Super Skunk from SSSC aka Mass Super Skunk x underdog male. Pheno found from a half pound of seeded herb sold to kids in the Catskills, NY.. It's not clear how many seeds were popped..

Yeah I heard about the same as you. I would really like to see some pics of phenos of some of those sssc super skunk just to compare structure, stretch, etc.

I have also heard that there was no mss in ecsd. We will probably never the truth about what she is but one thing that's for sure is that I fell in love with her structure and looks every since I saw her.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Hi shishkaboy, are these pics of an ECSD s'1? Where'd the coffee smell come from I wonder(ECSD cross maybe)? Looks tasty...hows the potency compare to ECSD cut?

worm~

You know I can't say for sure, but yes the current school of thought is that it's an ecsd s1, even tho I see more similarities to a diesel.

KateJ

Does this one match up to what is found in ecsd s1's?

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Coffee diesel smell.

The structure looks kind of similar to the s1 that I grew, however mine was more denser and tighter in terms of node spacing and smelled like pinesol more so than diesel or lemons.

The bulbous calyxes were there but definitely no where near as big as the clone. Idk if it was because I grew it under a 600 instead of a 1k. The stretch that I was anticipating wasnt there either. And it wasn't as greasy or trichy as I have seen the ecsd that chaco grew.

If I can't find anything in the cross I made, I may pony up again and shell out 150

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
The funny thing about diesel clones comes when a renowned Cannabis testing lab compares several diesel cuts, Sour Diesel and Amish Diesel among them (Amish=Schroomy420's Original Diesel) and finds out they have exactly the same terpene fingerprint/chemotype. Which means they are basically different versions/names of the same plant.

I love Cannabis folklore but I tend to give more credit to scientists.

Peace.

PS: DHK/Chaco's Sour Diesel cut.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
It would all depend on what they were compared to.

Who set the standard for sour diesel?

According to the history I posted above, there are multiple versions.

Some people actually think all the ogs are the same also...

There are also plenty of us that think otherwise.

I feel very strongly that ecsd and original diesel are different.

Scrappy-doo

This is how lots of confusion and problems begin.

There is no such thing as chaco's cut. It is just ecsd. They are the same cut. Chaco started this thread, and he had the real ecsd. He titled this thread ecsd, because that's what he had.

I have no idea if the pic above is of the DHK cut, but it is not ecsd.

No offense meant to anyone, it's just amazing to see the mislabeling and renaming of cuts happening all in a single thread. There wasn't any of this when the thread began.

I can't help but see a real time explanation of why there are so many og cuts, and the answer to anyone wondering if most og cuts are actually the same cut. It happens just like this folks.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
I deffo don't wanna cause anymore confusion.

Imo, the fact that chem 91, od and ecsd were all referred to as "diesel" or "sour" is likely a real issue with the preservation of strain purity. That coupled with the fact that they give s1's, it was bound to get crazy.

I have bought some "sour" on the east coast and popped the seeds I found in it. So I can see where a person that doesn't care as much for the lineage might just call it whatever was on the bag it came in.
Especially if it's from "cali".

From my research I have found that there was some intentional breeding done with the chem 91 to produce the daywrecker and that on the road to the daywrecker, there may have been other previous versions of "diesel" found and kept.

But as far as ecsd, all my research says there is only one.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
I am far from an expert, just a passionate fan with a knack for research.

Last year when I went to the top dawg booth at the cup they deffo knew about ecsd. One of the guys informed me that they had just ran out of ecsd.

After that I went to a pretty decent dispensary to try their "sour diesel" and it was a muted, more sulfurous, slightly sour types of smell. Way off from what I would call a true representative of what I used to get back home.

The deathstar on the other hand was straight up sour diesel with a lemon candy added to it.

I have seen some shops in California where they have sour diesel and headband but I know there are deffo some places with fugazis.

Is there any club or shop to get a legit snip?
Any unofficial or authorized distributors?

Aj didn't answer, I think I got blocked.

Scrappy-doo

There is only one ecsd. She may or may not have some sisters around and her lineage has always been speculation, albeit some very educated guesses have been made by people who were there.

I have never seen any unintentional s1 seeds in any run with her. An occasional late nanner maybe, but never seen a seed from it on her or any other plant.

Very doubtful you will ever find a legit cut at a dispensary.

KateJ

My apologies as well, I'm not trying to offend anyone either. I can understand that ECSD is well just ECSD and not chacos cut, but I just said it because there are so many so called ECSD out there that come from s1, or a back cross. I apologize and will refrain in the future from calling it as so.

From the pictures that I have seen, as far as trich production and structure is of concern, The deathstar, PUS ecsd x cj, and chem dd seem to have be heavily influenced by her. There could be more but those are the crosses that caught my eye.

I can only imagine how AJ feels, it's like beating a dead horse. I bet you so many people ask him the same question day out day in. Maybe thats why you didnt get an answer but i could be wrong.

I definitely agree with you on how all the name slingin has bought around confusion now that i think about it.

I have had guys try to sell me what was ecsd that had the structure of golf balls and dark green. Maybe they just tried to get over cause im a female but the ecsd that I know is light lime green has very distinctive calyxes.

Scrappy-doo

I certainly am not offended.

Closest I ever found that had the right terps was alpha diesel way back in the day. By the time I tried sdibl it had already been ruined. Straight garbage.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I have no idea if the pic above is of the DHK cut, but it is not ecsd.

No offense meant to anyone

ohw you seem like an expert though the same cut will look differently in every growroom, no offense..

look at this thread, same cut, dhk in various growrooms, they dont look identically right?

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=295218

dhk cut is same as chaco´s, im growing it from 2012 and every time it looks bit different.

EAST COAST SOUR DIESEL

picture.php

Scrappy-doo

I'm certainly no expert and don't know a thing about the dhk cut. They could be the same cut I'm not arguing that. All I know is the pic above that particular post doesn't look at all like the ecsd I know and love. Maybe she was stressed or something, I dunno. But I've grown her in many locations, mediums, under different lights, and she never has looked like that pic. Seen some minor variation based on environmentals, but always recognizable and identifiable.

KateJ

beautiful plants. is the lone single-ish roundish leaf that are at the top of the buds a dominant trait of hers or is it environmentally dependent?

Also is she really the intense cerebral high that everyone says or is it just hype? (although I really doubt its hype)

Sorry if these questions come off kind of stupid?

Scrappy-doo

But after looking thru that thread I would say no, the cut you are posting does not look like ecsd. Post #13, not real. Post #15, definitely real. I can see a big difference between the two.

Just my opinion though.

But I think those who have her would agree.

Could be wrong. Don't really care either way.

worm~

...but the ecsd that I know is light lime green has very distinctive calyxes.

Yes Kate I agree. Those calyxes stand out every time. I think they have a more rounded, bulbous shape to them. Similar to the picture of ECSD that MAHA KALA has posted below. The more elongated, pointy tip calyxes pictured in the thread remind me of OG. But I don't have the ECSD cut so can't say for sure or post pics.

worm~

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
It would all depend on what they were compared to.

Who set the standard for sour diesel?

Hey bro, what's that Shishka Diesel strain? It kinda looks like Maha Kala's Sour Diesel pics.

The standard was set by several cuts sourced from some reputable members of the community, well connected to people like Nspecta, Tom Hill and so on. Same people that found out that the widespread Chem91 cut from Joe Brand was fake (it was a renamed Diesel clone actually) after Bodhi noticed it was different to the legit Skunk VA cut he later received. So I trust my source 100%, they have much more credibility for me than any of the several online elite-clone experts, no disrespect intented though.:)

The tested Original Diesel cut was the clone Schroomy420 shared (aka Amish Diesel). So either Schroomy's cut wasn't the Daywrecker or they must be the same plant as the Sour Diesel. But from what I've researched, Schroomy's cut was considered by many as the epitome of the verified Original Diesel/Headband/Daywrecker cut, isn't it?

There is no such thing as chaco's cut. It is just ecsd. They are the same cut. Chaco started this thread, and he had the real ecsd. He titled this thread ecsd, because that's what he had.

I'm certainly no expert and don't know a thing about the dhk cut.

We know there's only one Sour Diesel cut but many people seems to use the DHK, AJ's or Chaco names to let people know about the initial source who shared the clone that ended reaching their hands.

DHK stands for Devil's Harvest Krew (https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=199198). I think I've read that even Chaco sourced his ECSD cut from them, although I can't remember now where the info is.

Last but not least, the cut Maha Kala grew is the same I've had, it's been in Europe for years although I don't know who is the first who sourced it from usa. Probably outdoors it just looks different, that's why calyxes don't pack. But the structure and the pale color are very distinctive. Anyway not to worry, this cut wasn't verified by terpene fingerprinting yet lol, but that's not the topic anyway. ;)

Peace.

Stash

I just grew out some seeds. ECSD x Ogers Kush. The ECSD is the old school original clone. The Ogers Kush was the prize male found in seeds via orginkid. The ECSD x Ogers Kush I was growing gave me 10 plants. Before OG kush was called OG Kush it was called Ogers Kush and with some groups of people it is still called Ogers Kush. I made a bunch of seeds. We are taking it back to when it all started. Sure to find some ELITE plants with in these seeds. In the last 3 days I have given out about 200 F2's from these. I don't sell seeds, I just use my very old seeds to make new seeds. I preserve the old strains.
I also hold the Oger Kush Clone X Oger Kush also in very old seeds. Talk about making some ELITES. I still have to grow these out. I'm just me and I am very slow and getting old. Later, Stash

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
hi Scrappy bro, well im not so sure about my ecsd now lol after discussing it with Mustafunk..

well about post15 in that thread i didnt realize its there its post by Fly by Night, respect to him though i dont know anything about his cut, but most of the pics are from the cut i sent around, in that thread. except of some pics of riri too

anyway im very satisfied with this cut i have.. it has it all, garlic, sour milk, diesel on exhale.. sweet lemons when chopped early. it stinks!! crazy. its great hashplant for icewater extraction as tom hill describes.. last time i was camping i rolled small joint and we smoked after a while i got answer if nevilles haze is mixed in.. i said noooo :D that is nice example how good it is..

and my pics are not outdoors but greenhouse light dep..

Latest posts

Latest posts