What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ecsd...

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
We know there's only one Sour Diesel cut but many people seems to use the DHK, AJ's or Chaco names to let people know about the initial source who shared the clone that ended reaching their hands.

DHK stands for Devil's Harvest Krew (https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=199198). I think I've read that even Chaco sourced his ECSD cut from them, although I can't remember now where the info is.

Chaco's cut of ECSD came from a crew of lesbian bikers. You didn't know that? By now this is old news.

Don't know what you have read but I can say what you recall is incorrect. It didn't come from DHK, at least not directly to him. It came from a local. Prior to that I think Verm was the one that sourced it after whoring out Golden Goat, and he kicked it to a couple of guys in the MA/RI/Conn crew. It spread from there.

Since someone mentioned it, 77 days to flower. No need to go past 80 IMO, unless you want just diesel flavor or a one dimensional stony buzz. It's night and day between 11 week ECSD and anything past 80 days. I've tried all different times, and the best flavor and high for me is found between 75-80 days.

Are you guys adding extra cal/mag ta your ECSD cuts..if so how much..seem to be having calmag issues even with some 3my added..just trying ta see from ppl experience what they add..thanks guys..

Stardog

I use 2 tbsp/5 gal in my mix and keep the micro nutes in the mix either right through to the end or up to day 70. Regular Lucas formula except I use liquid Kool Bloom instead of powder. She's prone to yellowing out very early so keeping the micro in keeps her from falling apart, at least that's my theory. I run all coco too btw.:) It took me quite awhile to dial this plant in yet she still comes out a bit different every time.:tiphat:

Scrappy-doo

I threw a couple sours outside for my first outdoor run with her this season.

Always been told she has a hard time finishing out here on the east coast so I never tried it, but had a few extras this year so figured what the heck!

Anyone round these parts ever pull it off and if so when did she finish for you?

How about og? Threw a valley bx out there as well.

I'm actually in veg about ta put these girls into flower but really trying to get them straightened out before I do,girls will look great then all the sudden boom something pops up and gets me but always seems ta come back ta tha cal/mag issue is my best guess at this point as this is my first full run with her indoors..here's a cpl pics for you guys starts out like tha first pic shows then tends to get worse almost by the day..wondering if I should up the cal/mag even more than I am at 3ml gal..just let me know what you guys think..thanks in advance for any and all info..

Attachments

• IMAG0343.jpg
    IMAG0343.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 13
  • IMAG0344.jpg
    IMAG0344.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMAG0345.jpg
    IMAG0345.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMAG0346.jpg
    IMAG0346.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 11

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran

Always been told she has a hard time finishing out here on the east coast so I never tried it, but had a few extras this year so figured what the heck!

Anyone round these parts ever pull it off and if so when did she finish for you?

a good mate grows the riri cut out doors every year, 2 others grow her on their balcony and get to finish her even in our central eu climate. one of them did a light dep run last season, he carried the plant in and out for a whole 2 and a half months. it was stinking up their spare bathroom every night and stank up the place every time she was moved back and forth in the last weeks lol. but yeah the results were amazing, looks were beautiful, very low leaf content and great resin coverage, nice swollen calyxes. if you didnt know you couldn't tell that it was balcony grown.

PistilPete

Enjoying the ride
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I live upper east coast. Chop time is always around mid october. I've never had an outdoor ECSD finish completely before daily frost rolls around. Indoors i would flower for 70+ and we just don't get that many days up here. If you can use light dep and get her flowering earlier you might have better luck than me. Light dep not an option where my outdoor was.

Scrappy-doo

Light dep is not an option, but I think I can take her into early November around here if I play my cards right.

How were the mid October harvested buds? Was she fairly mold resistant? Judging from her frame and bud structure I'm guessing/hoping she does well with it.

Stardog

I finished a few here one year at 42N and she was about done on Halloween. Luckily it was an exceptionally dry fall because she rots real fast when the moisture comes. I live by the ocean so we don't have a hard frost until late November some years but usually most plants rot by early October. By then the trees are dripping moisture every morning and most days the sun is hard to find.

Scrappy-doo

Yeah I'm right on the water too and right next to a swamp, but they get direct sun pretty early and for most of the day. I took chemd around mid october last year at this spot and she did well. Lucy too what a great plant and a beast outdoors! Usually in early october I'll defoliate a good amount which seems to help with rot. Some do better than others. Also going to run that grape bx1 pheno next to her. Real interested in taking a closer look at that one.

Stardog

We just took down some beasty grapes at my friends place. That one does well outdoors and finishes by October 7th or so. The grape, just to stay on topic, is an ECSD BX1. Our friend had one outside a few yrs back and he lives right next to the marsh. She had some PM on the fans but no bud rot or anything to complain about. I'd love to run a big one in my back yard but I have enough going on as it is...:tiphat:

Scrappy-doo

Wow Stardog that is much sooner than I would have thought she'd finish. I figured the nevilles in there might extend the harvest time if anything so I was on the fence about putting her out but now I definitely will! How long does she usually go indoors?

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran

Anyone round these parts ever pull it off and if so when did she finish for you?....

I'll let you know. I threw this mom in my guerrilla spot.

picture.php

picture.php

Locomotive Breath examples (ECSD x OGKB bag seed male CookieBoi)
CookieBoi added density and these came out sour and loud with really nice effects and flavors.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Stardog

Most of the BX's I made finish indoors around 75-80 days but some will go to 90. I made a cross of the BX1 and the BX1 and most of those plants finish past 80 days with maybe 20% finishing under 70. They make some monster colas though and the smoke is pretty good.
I made a BX2 and ran 50 seeds to start. I ended up with 49 males and one female. Strangest thing I've seen making seeds in my life and I used the same males I made the BX1 x BX1 which had a normal 50/50 ratio. The one female turned into an absolute beast and flowered for roughly 100 days. She had a huge top cola that ended up rotting but there was plenty left over that was fine. I probably let her go too long. I have a picture somewhere...
picture.php