What's new

ebb & Grow/ Multiflow controller construction

tokinsmokin

I'm glad I didn't end up jumping into this mess. Good to hear you figured it out, sorry for not helping, I totally forgot I said that I'd help. But anyway have fun with the multi flow!!

Well its a tough thing to figure out.

We are still ages off getting it to work.

Relay B the top switches are still doing nothing and when i lift up the bottom right float switch it stops the power to the drain pump so i guess its all backwards.

This shit is trying my patience big fucking time. Im at my tether with this and if i could buy one i would, but you can be these ebb/Grow multiflow systems in Australia :(

fuck im going to keep trying though

Stll waiting on the Omron relays to come that I purchased apprently someone said they are like the radio shack ones so i will wait and see when hey come what the story is.

kardon

Hey earl im from ausralia too and want to use a multiflow system, is there seriously no austrlian companies making a similar timer/float contoller as the american multiflow?

Surely there has to be something, or surely there is a way we can run the usa model?

mate ive searched high and low on the internet but nothing has come up???

have you been having a look around?

most hydro stores here sell ebb and flow tables as there main hydro system to sell or dripper pots. Fuck that im not interested in drippers and ebb and flow tables. to many plant number ETC.

I want a bucket system but bio buckets and DWC is going to be to noisy for my purposes. Thats why multiflow would be good. 4 floods a day and very near no sound at all.

ill be stufffed if i can find any retailers???

Last edited:

kardon

Yeh i agree, the multiflow system is the best for what i want too.

There HAS to be something similar here, im thinking in irrigation/ legal comercial growing industry and so on instead of under the field of hydroponics.

Because obviously the demand for such a thing in hydroponics is tiny..

Worst case scenario just use two timers but i really like being able to set a desired water level etc

Ill definately be looking over the next month

the english have the same sort of thing with the Hydrovator. Sort of like th multiflow.

Its a bit expensive but atleast its 240v 50hz so all we would need is a converter plug and we would be set. But i dont think they sell the hydrovator controllers by themselves.

As soon as you find an alternative they screw you because you cant by it seperatly!!!!

ah well ill keep plugging away with my controller and see what happens.

doesn't look promising though!!

i have some new relays coming hopefully with the correct plug numbers because it really is quite basic.

1. relays
2. timer
3. floats

even though US and Australian power is different, there should be no worries getting the equivalent parts and easily getting to work. Im no electrician and its not like you can call up your local guy up and say, hay can you come over and trouble shoot my hydroponic ganja system????

oh well!!!

Last edited:

imnotcrazy

There is ALWAYS meaning to my madness ®
Veteran
Earl: Did you remember, you must move TWO switches at the same time for the drain cycle to work correctly. There are Four switches for this reason, the two bottom switches ("Low Level Low" and "Low Level High") close as the system begins to fill and the "High Level Low" switch closing maintains the "Fill" relay in the necessary position to complete the fill cycle. The timer is only the initialization trigger. The "High Level High" switch breaks/stops this cycle and the "High Level Low" switch initializes the drain cycle. When the "Low Level Low" switch opens as the water is pumped out, this shuts off the drain pump and completes the cycle..

YOU MUST HOLD THE "LOW LEVEL LOW" AND "HIGH LEVEL LOW" SWITCHES CLOSED AT THE SAME TIME IN ORDER TO START THE DRAIN CYCLE.

The powered outlet SHOULD NOT matter as long as your wiring is correct, you can just swap which outlet you plug the pump into...

Last edited:
ok here is what is happening.

1.plugged in the pond pimp
2. Timer turns (drain pump on) relay A???
3. controller starts filling
4. as soon as bottom right float switch goes up a little toward the base of the float maybe an inch or 2 the pump stops. Therefore there is only a small bit of water in the bottom of the buckets rhus hardly filling at all.???

fuckit i think im going to chuck this in. ywo much time invested and to much money wasted.

fuck!!!

also i just noticed something with my location of my float switches!!!!

WHAT DO YOU SEE IS WRONG HERE!!!!

What is wrong is that my High Level High switch and my low level High switches are on the wrong side.

It should be

HLL = left side
LLL = left side

HLR = Right side
LLR - Right side

Will this affect how the unit actually works or not ???????????

Should be like this................................
233Controler_10-19-04_030-med.jpg

Last edited:

imnotcrazy

There is ALWAYS meaning to my madness ®
Veteran
Which side the float is higher on Shouldn't matter. Just label the switches differently,
eg: how Krypto had them labelled, your top switches will be labelled opposite...that's all.

Do you know if your electric supply has 2 Hot legs and a Ground or 1 Hot leg, 1 Neutral and 1 Ground?

I was thinking, I may have to modify the circuit if it's two Hot legs because for what I can tell, Krypto's system also switches the neutral. We may have to modify the circuit so that there is one Hot leg is constantly maintained at the relays...

Bonzo

Veteran
hi earl and all if you have the head room to raise your buckets about 14 inches off the floor you can run this; its the simplest most trouble free, hazard/flood free way to run ebb &flow buckets bar none. One fill pump one simple 15 minute increment timer, some pvc and your runnin EBB & FLOW BUCKETS.

i am going to find a simple diagram to show you haw it works , if your into it.

you have sufferred long enough

peace

bonz

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nam myoho renge kyo!!!!!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Bonzo

Veteran
hello

system i got the i dea from all i did was switch from 2 litre bottles to buckets

my method of adding buckets all home depot stuff, bucket attaches to gray electical pvc thingy

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Found it!!!

original diagram i adapted to buckets:

you can configure the buckets however you want:

beleive me they work well:

quick session: So Cal secret spot :woohoo: :yoinks:

Days long ago:

parting shot: Bogbubble in the Super Simple ebb & flow Buckets...... the temp humidity thing is about 3" x 5" for size comparison:

hit me up earl if ya got any questions and sorry for all the pics im just trying to convey how and that this system is incredibly simple, cheap, versatile and above all works very well. some say better that multi/ebb & grow because water is canstantly curculating during flood unlike ebb & grow/ multi flow.

also let me know and i wil delete all my rambligs if you want, i know its alot a pics, sorry for that. :bat:

peace bro

bonz

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nam myoho renge kyo!!!!!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Tomatoesonly

Bonzo,

How is the water circulating? Once it fills the buckets, it then goes to the overflow.. so unless you have another drain coming off each buck, then I don't see how it actually circulates.

Great system, BTW.

Bonzo

Veteran
Well T, i know its movin' a bit, maybe curculating is not the correct term but makes no difference to me because it works, period.

thanks by the way !!!!

peace

bonz

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nam myoho renge kyo!!!!!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

imnotcrazy said:
Which side the float is higher on Shouldn't matter. Just label the switches differently,
eg: how Krypto had them labelled, your top switches will be labelled opposite...that's all.

Do you know if your electric supply has 2 Hot legs and a Ground or 1 Hot leg, 1 Neutral and 1 Ground?

I was thinking, I may have to modify the circuit if it's two Hot legs because for what I can tell, Krypto's system also switches the neutral. We may have to modify the circuit so that there is one Hot leg is constantly maintained at the relays...

as far as im aware we have two hot legs and a ground

does that make a dfference?

Bonzo said:
Well T, i know its movin' a bit, maybe curculating is not the correct term but makes no difference to me because it works, period.

thanks by the way !!!!

i see how it works very nice bonz. I still want to grow ebb and grow and if i cant get this to work then i guess i am going to have to look at other alternatives like your system. Pretty much i am limited because i cant have to much sound and pumping of water ll the time splashing about 24 hours per day.

couple of questions Bonz

1. whats ya yield on that system per 10 buckets you have?
2. any rez issues because its n the grow room
3. how many lights you running, because mine will be similar to yours?

cheers

earl

Last edited: