What's new

ebb & Grow/ Multiflow controller construction

BlindDate

Veteran
hay blind date i just tested the hair dryer on pin 4 and with the tabs reversed but the hair dryer will not turn on at all during the UP or DOWN phase!!!!

so what does that mean ??? No power at all on pin 4.

So then what is pin 4 supposed to do?

Last edited:

BlindDate

Veteran
Earl.....This is getting too difficult to diagnose over the internet. It seems that all your components are working, except that you say pin 4 does nothing? So is the timer broken? Without power on pin 4 (with tabs UP or Down) there is really no point to go on.

As for the wiring: Trace the schematic wire by wire and see that your unit matches. Also top floats NC, bottom floats NO and the drawing assumes pin 3 is NO and pin 4 is NC.

Last edited:
BlindDate said:
so what does that mean ??? No power at all on pin 4.[/B]

So then what is pin 4 supposed to do?

ok here is what the email said

Pins 1 & 2 power for the timer motor
pin 5 the switch common contact ,Hot wire connected
pin 4 has contact with pin 5 when timer off (or power out when off)
pin 3 has contact with pin 5 when timer on (power out when on)

So in saying that if i use the hair dryer on pin 4 and the tabs are in the down position should the timer start the hair dryer because pin 3 runs the thair dryer when the timer pins are in the up position?????

imnotcrazy

There is ALWAYS meaning to my madness ®
Veteran
Correct Earl, if ALL the pins are pulled up, you reverse the operation of the timer by swapping pins 3 and 4

yep just swapped the hot wire from timer pin 3 which was working with the tabs in the up position to Timer pin 4 and had the pins up nd down and nothing at all.

is that wrong ????

so pin 4 should work in the down position and get power???

i only need to change the hair dryer HOT wire to timer pin 4 dont I??? that should make the dryer work on pin 4 right ?

imnotcrazy said:
Correct Earl, if ALL the pins are pulled up, you reverse the operation of the timer by swapping pins 3 and 4

hay Crazy

just to clarify through my thick head

if i swap the pins 3 and 4 on the timer with the hot wire from the hair dryer i should reverse the timer tabs and it should work ????? Correct???

well i have triple checked it and pin 4 is doing nothing, weather the pincs are up or down i get ZERO POWER from he timer to the hair dryer with pins up or down????

maybe thats why its not working and the fact that we got relay A to click and Relay B wouldnt do anything.

I bet this has been the problem all along

ill get some pics up.

imnotcrazy

Veteran
The timer closing (making the loop pin 5 - common to 3 - normally closed) just turns off the cycle. The floats control the rest of it from what I know of the Multiflow system... Unless the system remains flooded until the timer drops out...

Last edited:
ok here is a last ditch effort for this timer before i return it as faulty

here is the digram for the timer:

Here is the hair dryer hot wire on pin 3 of the Timer:

Next is the timer with all tabs DOWN and about 10 tabs in the up position. Hair dryer gets power when tabs are in the up position:

ok now vice versa timer with hot wire pin 4:

Ok now here is the timer all tabs are in the UP position with about 10 tabs in the down position which should start the timer with tabs down opposite as you guys have said:

so its not working on pin 4 as stated might have to return the timer.

Does the diagram at the top indicate that pin 4 should work when tabs are down????

Last edited:
just figured this timer out, about fucking time i say!!!

krypto had his power cord hot wire leg jumper on pins 1 & 5

my timer is
Pins 1 & 2 power the timer
Common active on pin 3 not pin 5
NO = pin 4
NC = pin 5

kyrpto had his on pin 5 i have mine on pin 3 with the power cord hot leg jumper.

hipty fucking do ive got both NC & NO on pins 4 and 5 working. The hair dryer is working on timer tabs on both up and down.

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyiiiiiiiiiiiiippppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeee

Last edited:
ahahahahhaha

fuck yeah almost there

ive got the drain outlet working wth the float switches

hahahahahahahah

fuck yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

just gotta work a little bit more out

imnotcrazy

Veteran
OOO, you had the hot jumpered from #2 to #3??? The #5 leg is the COMMON, #3 is Normally Closed and #4 is Normally Open.

all i know is that krypto had his hot leg jumper pins 1 & 5 as this photo shows:

233Controler_10-19-04_053-med.jpg

the guy that I purchased the timer off has said:

"Please have a qualified person wire the timer correctly with common active
on 3, NO on 4, NC on 5"

Now i installed the hot leg jumper that krypto had on pin 5 onto pin 3 as per what the guy i purchased the Timer off said.

according to this guy, timer pins 4 & 5 are NO / NC. Since i changed the hot wire to pin 3 i have been getting the timer and the hair dryer to work as it should with pins both up and down with reversing pins 4 and 5. Thats why blinddate and myself couldn't understand why we had no power in pin 4

Then i plugged in the shaver into the drain outlet and im getting power to the drain outlet using the float switches.

So i guess we are progressing further because it wont work if you have the timer wired up wrong

Last edited:

imnotcrazy

Veteran
SHIT, your right Earl. You guys have some backwards ass electronics down unda lol.

Yes, and I should have noticed before, PIN #3 is the Common. Now we shold be closer than ever man, sorry that slipped past me before :pointlaug

I never even bothered to look at the diagram on the back of the timer for more than a few seconds. If you followed me instructions on the relays, and have them wire correctly, including the float switches, you should be really close to having a working controller bucket.

This diagram of the relays you purchased:
18409multi.jpg

Cooresponds to the relay diagram on this electrical schematic Heady NUGs posted from the actual Multiflow controller:
10513CONTROLER_SCHEMATIC.JPG

The positions in the pictures coorespond to one another, just wire the floats to your relay using this print...