What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Eastbay's 2016 NorCal Medical clone run backyard grow, 65gal smart pots

EastBayGrower

Veteran
more pics..

more pics..

so far it looks like i just couldnt keep that Royal Truth clone from flowering early... first one i pulled around mid-july and replanted two of em (which also flowered earlier then the rest) so i figure those two will be done mid-sept.

here's a shot of Stink Bomb #4, im liking this strain, SUPER uniform growth so far, no crazy variations so far, if its got that crazy catpiss ammonia smell then ima grab a few more packs :)

and a nice group shot

:thank you: :tiphat:

Last edited:

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Looking good, EBG. Should be an interesting September with those plants primed and ready to start budding. Best of luck to you.

HB.

O

Oakhills

Looking good EastBay!

Everyone that I know who has the Royal Truth cut will be done early too. Good to know for the future for people who need an early harvest. Also it will make a good breeding partner for certain strains in order to get them to finish early.

EastBayGrower

Veteran
Finally sent a few soil samples into logan labs, got some early yellowing on a couple plants.. Could be from all the fresh clippings I dropped in the pot and the decomposing is robbing N

I tested 2 different.pots, ny modified coots mix, and I sent in a few locally available composts, california humus and organics alive bloom worm castings... Will post results next week

I wish ither people would test bagged soils and report, I would love to see tests on roots 707, vitality blend, and a few more..

EastBayGrower

Veteran
Looking good EastBay!

Everyone that I know who has the Royal Truth cut will be done early too. Good to know for the future for people who need an early harvest. Also it will make a good breeding partner for certain strains in order to get them to finish early.

Yeah the clone is an early flowering bitch, I crossed it to indiana bubblegum x OG, I wanna pop some of those asap to see if they will make the cut, if so then next year its all seed plants, and the tried and true cookie frost clone, love that girl :)

Also got a few clones with indianna bubblegum og pollen

Dosidos, stink bomb, cookie frost, soyth fork kush, piss wreck, and f2s.

EastBayGrower

Veteran
Just got back my soil tests for the outdoor grow, im a bit suprised, by having so little K, i guess thats why you test...

i see such high K levels on most soils, i havent done much supplementation (other than a few mls of rejuv per gal and some k-sil here and there at 1ml) or ammending for it this year. I'm thinking of giving a tsp. of soluble seaweed (1-1-17) next watering and then a few more times as we finish the last month of flower... good to know now atleast...

i had a feeling last year was a K+ def by early yellowing and feed for it, so glad to know my gut was right on last year... it really is a guessing game without the testing in soil...

so SB3, stink bomb 3 and Royal kush are in a 65 gallon smart pot and is starting to yellow early... the RK is getting pulled this week so not much help there but im hitting the rest of the garden with atleast 10ml photomag and 15ml seastim with 5ml soluble seaweed 1-1-17 and 10ml seacrop foliar

and drench with 5ml soluble seaweed, 3ml seacrop, 5ml photomag..

as far as ammending this soil in the future i also tested my new Peat based mix i plan to use, my initial thinking is sul-po-mag but the Sulfer is already pretty high, though it leeches easily... any thoughts?

FoothillFarming

Nice, soil looks good overall.

Which soil is performing better? I would wager the second mix? Very similar profiles.

Lets get SlowNickel to comment, he always puts my recs to shame. However I am going to give it a shot anyway.

Test #1
Get some gypsum in there. That will raise the ph, and lower the exchangeable hydrogen. Also, not sure on the concept 100%, but I would wager those Ca levels are lower than reported.

Get those K levels up. You need a good amount of K, consider organic Potassium sulfate. https://www.amazon.com/Pounds-Potas...t_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=SJ4W661XCH14GCEDBEVJ

I personally like the Mg levels you have for this time of year. You can push molasses, raising that level a bit.

Mn and Cu need to be raised. I like AEA's or Albion foliar sprays. In the soil I would also consider sulfates.

Test two:
more of the same. The Mg levels need to be addressed more on these tests.

Test three:
Your Ca levels look better here, indicated by the higher Ph. Raise K, Mg, Zn, Cu, Mn. Raise Boron a hair.

Thanks for sharing. Everything looks good to me. Maybe you could tell us a little about how the plants are growing in each medium. I understand the last mix is just a starting mix, so nothing in it yet.

That looks great! I would love an area like that I've been using an atrium type thing.
We live in a simar area.. our weather has been awesome lately hasn't it? Rain rain don't come back another day until the middle of October!
Pm coming as soon as I get 50 posts lol

maxmurder

Veteran
so far it looks like i just couldnt keep that Royal Truth clone from flowering early... first one i pulled around mid-july and replanted two of em (which also flowered earlier then the rest) so i figure those two will be done mid-sept.

here's a shot of Stink Bomb #4, im liking this strain, SUPER uniform growth so far, no crazy variations so far, if its got that crazy catpiss ammonia smell then ima grab a few more packs :)

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=67673&pictureid=1642533]View Image[/url]

and a nice group shot

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=67673&pictureid=1642534]View Image[/url]

:thank you: :tiphat:

ebg- your plants look really happy.
only one major problem i see- the other half of the yard has no plants! wtf??:biggrin:

EastBayGrower

Veteran
just realized i havent posted pics all month... doh!

my camera cable broke so now i have to use a convoluted route through email to get the pics off my phone.. little annoying..

but here we are...

a nice group shot from last week... can really appreciate the size with the trashcans there..

and now a royal truth that flowered a bit early in mid july... note: this is not the one that had the soil tested and was yellowing early

and budshot on Stink Bomb 3, got that lime candy smell.. pretty greasy though...

EastBayGrower

Veteran
more pics

even though its late in the season (only a month left) im glad i did the soil tests so im not under tha false assumption that my K s high, like the majority of soils ive seen, K plays a huge part in fruit filing and quality...

full plant shots.

StinkBomb4

Cookie frost (platinum gsc x thin mint gsc.)

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Looks good man. Crazy I'm in Sonoma County and only a couple weeks out already. looks like you will be in it for the long haul

EastBayGrower

Veteran
Looks good man. Crazy I'm in Sonoma County and only a couple weeks out already. looks like you will be in it for the long haul

i am pulling my royal truth this week but the stink bombs are prob ~oct 10 finishers while the cookie frost which is over half the garden goes until oct 20th., i really do prefer sativa dominant strains for outdoors, bigger yields, easier to trim, less chance for mold, but you do have to deal with taking them an extra couple weeks...

you'll see the cookie frost are late bloomers, there the real star of the show imo...

EastBayGrower

Veteran
Cookie Frost

Cookie Frost

In all her glory... she's the star of the grow imo and just fattens up over these next couple weeks, if i can provide enough K that is...

she's a real stinker...\