What's new

Easiest way to make hash! Quick Wash ISO!

I go to albertsons here in the states and can get 90-99% rubbing alcohol.. If you are having trouble finding it try to go to a feed store you can sometimes find gallons upon gallons of the pure stuff there, these feed stores are where the folks making rick simpson oil go to get their quantity

Just made some for the first time. Only using very early trimed lower buds. I'm fffffuuuuuuuuuckkkkkedddddd up! Hehehehehe..........

I'm choping my AKs this weekend so I'm about to go cut a nice secondary branch off and give that a try. :party:

Weedlife

hi all

i have a few very low quality buds non smokable, about 70 grams. Is it possible to use this method with ethyl alcohol? i can easily find it pure more than 90% here, isopropyl is a bit more difficoult to find...

thanks

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Yes ethyl works, freeze it, same tek that everyone else uses too.

Made over 10oz of QWISO this week, finding better results (color) and yields when I decarb the trim first, then extract it. My last few batches were over 3oz of hard amber glass from a bunch of outdoor headband trimmings.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi all

i have a few very low quality buds non smokable, about 70 grams. Is it possible to use this method with ethyl alcohol? i can easily find it pure more than 90% here, isopropyl is a bit more difficoult to find...

thanks

Yup! We do ethanol extraction frozen. Check out my QWET post.

Weedlife

Ok i'm done :dance013:

This is what it looked like after the wash

and this is what i'm left with

Just a couple of questions.. how do i make sure all ethanol has gone and that's only oil? If there's some left would it be harmful to smoke?

And anyone has an idea on how to store this stuff? (i still have to figure out how to scrape it off, but i'm optimistic :bump:)

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Hehe, I'm stoked, just got my first potency test on this stuff: Blue dragon alcohol oil tested at 66.2% thc and 2.6% cbn and 1.1% cbd. :)

Psuper

Hexane/salinated H2O solution

No it doesn't! Nutes are water soluble.

Instead of just evaporating off your ISO extract, try mixing it with equal parts of saturated salt water and hexane.

Agitate and place in a sepratory funnel, and the hexane will rise to the top with the cannabinoids, while the water and alcohol will drop to the bottom with the evil spirits, where they can be bled off.

After evapaporating off the hexane, I usually re-dissolve it in ethanol and cook that off a couple of times to quickly fully purge the hexane.

Hey Gray Wolf, and other members here, Iam going to be trying this really soon but starting with ice water-hash.....

Am I going to want to dissolve the water-hash I have in alcohol before I add it to the hexane/salt-saturated H2O solution? or?

Psuper

Hey Gray Wolf, and other members here, Iam going to be trying this really soon but starting with ice water-hash.....

Am I going to want to dissolve the bubble hash I have in alcohol before I add it to the hexane/salt-saturated H2O solution? or?

:bump:

Anyone have any advice to offer?

I don't know wether to dissolve the bubblehash in iso or just dissolve it in the hexane.....Excited to try this. :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts