What's new

Easiest way to make hash! Quick Wash ISO!

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
Yes. I use 190 proof regularly. I do it frozen and use a 3 minute soak, because it isn't as aggesive as ISO.

Well, I'll have to try that next time. Looks like this is the party thread, everybody's smiling as they type. Good times!

Lollipops

well i got hotplate (suprisingly hard to find) so no more open flame danger

can the water be at a simmer or should i try and keep it below that?

mad librettist

Veteran
just replace your water with an oil bath. coupla reasons:

1)your alcohol is absorbing lots of water vapor
2)water does not heat up your dish as well
3)oil won't evaporate

I use a fan and a seedling heat mat

Lollipops

how dangerous are the fumes let off? im starting to feel a bit ill but it may just be in my head idk, im doing it in my kitchen with the overhead exhuast on

maybe its allready in this thread ,instead of using cooker /heater to heat plate i just fill a bowl with boiling water and put plate on top of that replace water every 10 mins if needed also run a fan on gentle setting over plate helps also
good thread

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
how dangerous are the fumes let off? im starting to feel a bit ill but it may just be in my head idk, im doing it in my kitchen with the overhead exhuast on

You shouldn't be breathing either fumes and Isopropyl fumes are worse than Ethanol. I do ethanol indoors on the stove, but isopropyl outdoors.

Here is some MSDS toxicology and fire fighting information.

Section 11 - Toxicological Information Ethanol

RTECS#:
CAS# 64-17-5: KQ6300000
LD50/LC50:
CAS# 64-17-5:
Draize test, rabbit, eye: 500 mg Severe;
Draize test, rabbit, eye: 500 mg/24H Mild;
Draize test, rabbit, skin: 20 mg/24H Moderate;
Inhalation, mouse: LC50 = 39 gm/m3/4H;
Inhalation, rat: LC50 = 20000 ppm/10H;
Oral, mouse: LD50 = 3450 mg/kg;
Oral, rabbit: LD50 = 6300 mg/kg;
Oral, rat: LD50 = 7060 mg/kg;
Oral, rat: LD50 = 9000 mg/kg;<br.

Carcinogenicity:
CAS# 64-17-5: Not listed by ACGIH, IARC, NTP, or CA Prop 65.

Epidemiology: Ethanol has been shown to produce fetotoxicity in the embryo or fetus of laboratory animals. Prenatal exposure to ethanol is associated with a distinct pattern of congenital malformations that have collecetively been termed the "fetal alcohol syndrome".
Teratogenicity: Oral, Human - woman: TDLo = 41 gm/kg (female 41 week(s) after conception) Effects on Newborn - Apgar score (human only) and Effects on Newborn - other neonatal measures or effects and Effects on Newborn - drug dependence.
Reproductive Effects: Intrauterine, Human - woman: TDLo = 200 mg/kg (female 5 day(s) pre-mating) Fertility - female fertility index (e.g. # females pregnant per # sperm positive females; # females pregnant per # females mated).
Neurotoxicity: No information available.
Mutagenicity: DNA Inhibition: Human, Lymphocyte = 220 mmol/L.; Cytogenetic Analysis: Human, Lymphocyte = 1160 gm/L.; Cytogenetic Analysis: Human, Fibroblast = 12000 ppm.; Cytogenetic Analysis: Human, Leukocyte = 1 pph/72H (Continuous).; Sister Chromatid Exchange: Human, Lymphocyte = 500 ppm/72H (Continuous).
Other Studies: Standard Draize Test(Skin, rabbit) = 20 mg/24H (Moderate) Standard Draize Test: Administration into the eye (rabbit) = 500 mg (Severe).</br.

Section 5 - Fire Fighting Measures Ethanol

General Information: Containers can build up pressure if exposed to heat and/or fire. As in any fire, wear a self-contained
breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Vapors may
form an explosive mixture with air. Vapors can travel to a source of ignition and flash back. Will burn if involved in a fire.
Flammable Liquid. Can release vapors that form explosive mixtures at temperatures above the flashpoint. Use water
spray to keep fire-exposed containers cool. Containers may explode in the heat of a fire.
Extinguishing Media: For small fires, use dry chemical, carbon dioxide, water spray or alcohol-resistant foam. For large
fires, use water spray, fog, or alcohol-resistant foam. Use water spray to cool fire-exposed containers. Water may be
ineffective. Do NOT use straight streams of water.
Flash Point: 16.6 deg C ( 61.88 deg F)
Autoignition Temperature: 363 deg C ( 685.40 deg F)
Explosion Limits, Lower:3.3 vol %
Upper: 19.0 vol %
NFPA Rating: (estimated) Health: 2; Flammability: 3; Instability: 0

Section 11: Toxicological Information Isopropyl

Routes of Entry: Absorbed through skin. Dermal contact. Eye contact. Inhalation.

Toxicity to Animals:

WARNING: THE LC50 VALUES HEREUNDER ARE ESTIMATED ON THE BASIS OF A 4-HOUR EXPOSURE.

Acute oral
toxicity (LD50): 3600 mg/kg [Mouse]. Acute dermal toxicity (LD50): 12800 mg/kg [Rabbit]. Acute toxicity of the vapor (LC50):
16000 8 hours [Rat].

Chronic Effects on Humans:

CARCINOGENIC EFFECTS: A4 (Not classifiable for human or animal.) by ACGIH, 3 (Not classifiable for human.) by IARC.

DEVELOPMENTAL TOXICITY:

Classified Reproductive system/toxin/female, Development toxin [POSSIBLE]. May cause damage to the following organs:

kidneys, liver, skin, central nervous system (CNS).p. 5

Other Toxic Effects on Humans:

Hazardous in case of ingestion, of inhalation. Slightly hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant, sensitizer, permeator).

Special Remarks on Toxicity to Animals: Not available.

Special Remarks on Chronic Effects on Humans:

M a y c a u s e a d v e r s e r e p r o d u c t i v e / t e r a t o g e n i c e f f e c t s ( f e r t i l i t y , f e t o x i c i t y , d e v e l o p m ent a l

abnormalities(developmental toxin)) based on animal studies. Detected in maternal milk in human.

Special Remarks on other Toxic Effects on Humans:

Acute Potential Health Effects:

Skin: May cause mild skin irritation, and sensitization.

Eyes: Can cause eye irritation.
Inhalation: Breathing in small amounts of this material during normal handling is not likely to cause harmful effects.

However, breathing large amounts may be harmful and may affect the respiratory system and mucous membranes (irritation), behavior and brain (Central nervous system depression - headache, dizziness, drowsiness, stupor, incoordination, unconciousness,
coma and possible death), peripheral nerve and senstation, blood, urinary system, and liver.

Ingestion: Swallowing small amounts during normal handling is not likely to cause harmful effects. Swallowing large amounts may be harmful. Swallowing large amounts may cause gastrointestinal tract irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea, abdominal pain.

It also may affect the urinary system, cardiovascular system, sense organs, behavior or central nervous system (somnolence, generally depressed activity, irritability, headache, dizziness, drowsiness), liver, and respiratory system (breathing difficulty).

Chronic Potential Health Effects: May cause defatting of the skin and dermatitis and allergic reaction. May cause adverse reproductive effects based on animal data (studies).

Section 5: Fire and Explosion Data

Flammability of the Product: Flammable.
Auto-Ignition Temperature: 399°C (750.2°F)
Flash Points: CLOSED CUP: 11.667°C (53°F) - 12.778 deg. C (55 deg. F) (TAG)
Flammable Limits: LOWER: 2% UPPER: 12.7%
Products of Combustion: These products are carbon oxides (CO, CO2).
Fire Hazards in Presence of Various Substances:
Highly flammable in presence of open flames and sparks, of heat. Flammable in presence of oxidizing materials. Nonflammable in presence of shocks.
Explosion Hazards in Presence of Various Substances:
Risks of explosion of the product in presence of mechanical impact: Not available. Explosive in presence of open flames and sparks, of heat.

Fire Fighting Media and Instructions:

Flammable liquid, soluble or dispersed in water.

SMALL FIRE: Use DRY chemical powder.

LARGE FIRE: Use alcohol foam, water spray or fog.

Special Remarks on Fire Hazards:

Vapor may travel considerable distance to source of ignition and flash back. CAUTION: MAY BURN WITH NEAR INVISIBLE FLAME.

Hydrogen peroxide sharply reduces the autoignition temperature of Isopropyl alcohol. After a delay, Isopropyl
alcohol ignites on contact with dioxgenyl tetrafluorborate, chromium trioxide, and potassium tert-butoxide.

When heated to decomposition it emits acrid smoke and fumes.

Special Remarks on Explosion Hazards:

Secondary alcohols are readily autooxidized in contact with oxygen or air, forming ketones and hydrogen peroxide. It can
become potentially explosive.

It reacts with oxygen to form dangerously unstable peroxides which can concentrate and explode during distillation or evaporation.

The presence of 2-butanone increases the reaction rate for peroxide formation.

Explosive in the form of vapor when exposed to heat or flame. May form explosive mixtures with air. Isopropyl alcohol +
phosgene forms isopropyl chloroformate and hydrogen chloride. In the presence of iron salts, thermal decompositon can occur, whicn in some cases can become explosive.

A homogeneous mixture of concentrated peroxides + isopropyl alcohol are capable of detonation by shock or heat. Barium perchlorate + isopropyl alcohol gives the highly explosive alkyl perchlorates.p. 3

It forms explosive mixtures with trinitormethane and hydrogen peroxide. It produces a violent

</SPAN>

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
I'm concerned about the residuals in QWISO and BHO hash. It tastes unnatural. Which is more pure? <Pure, not potent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwPaKWDpock

Isopropyl alcohol is usually sold as "rubbing alcohol", which can also be made using ethyl alcohol. Other compounds are added to make this stuff absolutely unpalatable with severe gastrointestinal effects so that hard core down and out alcoholics don't use it for a cheap drunk. Just dip a spoon into the stuff, let it dry, and then lick the spoon. You'll be washing your mouth out trying to get rid of the taste.

From the Wikipedia entry on rubbing alcohol;

In the United States, rubbing alcohol, USP and all preparations coming under the classification of Rubbing Alcohols must be manufactured in accordance with the requirements of the US Treasury Department, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms, using Formula 23-H (8 parts by volume of acetone, 1.5 parts by volume of methyl isobutyl ketone, and 100 parts by volume of ethyl alcohol). It contains 97.5-100% by volume of absolute ethyl alcohol, the rest consists of water and the denaturants, with or without color additives, and perfume oils. Rubbing Alcohol contains in each 100 mL not less than 355 mg of sucrose octaacetate or not less than 1.40 mg of denatonium benzoate. The preparation may be colored with one or more color additives. A suitable stabilizer may also be added.[6]

T

teerull

quick wash with acetone from outdoor lowrider. the buds themselves are not that potent at all but this oil works wonders

attachment.php

oil on dry sift

have an awesome day!:dance013:

Attachments

• lowrider_oil.jpg
    lowrider_oil.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 21

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
hey im curious if i can freeze my fresh trim and make iso with it? or should i just wait till its dry?