What's new

Easiest way to make hash! Quick Wash ISO!

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I don't have an electric range, it's gas. Electric oven is the only electric appliance in the house. Hence the need for multiple hotplates or rice cookers apparently.

I may have been able to reduce the vapor buildup by opening the oven door slightly, but I dunno, fuck it. I'm gonna just grab a CO2 setup and start using that instead.

Don't mean to laugh at anothers misfourtune but the oven blowing up and sounding like a double barreled shotgun made me litterally laugh out loud!!! Thanks for sharing, that's some funny shit!!!

TruthOrLie

Veteran
I don't have an electric range, it's gas. Electric oven is the only electric appliance in the house. Hence the need for multiple hotplates or rice cookers apparently.

I may have been able to reduce the vapor buildup by opening the oven door slightly, but I dunno, fuck it. I'm gonna just grab a CO2 setup and start using that instead.

actually, if you're going to use the oven i would agree that would be a safer way to do it... door already open so it wont blow under pressure

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would imagine you could do a water-cure process on the bud or trim first, then bake to dry/decarb, then do a regular solvent extraction. This should remove all the nutes and water-soluble minerals from the mix, and lead to purer extractions. Whaddya think GW?

It would most likely help, but I don't know that it would leach it all out.

Certainly worth a try.

E

el dub

My old crock pot seems to work just fine. It holds about a gallon and 1/2 of alcohol. I start out on high, under an exhaust hood until the crock is well heated and then usually turn it down to low until only a bit of alcohol remains and then into pyrex on top of a heating pad to finish evaporating/drying.

lw

catcherintheye

ive always lmao at the idea of a water cure.

I dont get why a heatmat isnt used the entire way. My heatmat will heat a pyrex dish to the point where its pretty uncomfortable to touch. Ive done one ISO extraction and it worked fine at evaporating an entire bottle of 91, it took a couple of hours. Try it, it works great. I got a huge pyrex baking dish casserole style and my mat fits it perfectly, Its an easy cheap safe setup, no need to check on anything. shake, strain, leave the shit for days to purge.

I'm sure this has been asked already but where can ya find 92% Iso?
I've looked in the local drug and grocerie stores, all I can find is 50% or 70%. Any other suggestions?
I REALLY WANNA TRY THIS! I'M CHOPING THIS WEEKEND! :jump:

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Lazy... What's the co2 method…?
Not a homebrew system at all, but a machine that pumps liquid CO2 through a chamber filled with material, then extracts it out and recycles the solvent. Pretty slick, they start at about $10K for a small one, they get as big as a garage if you got the bucks! Supposed to make a very clean product, since it never touched a petrochemical so there's supposedly no flavor. I've heard of it going for as much as $80/gram in some clubs, though I don't have corroborating evidence. ;)

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
I just started pulling my C99's down and I am really looking forward to making some ISO with the trim. I am sure it will the best I have made.