What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Earth Juice - Anything you want to bring up!!!

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
I know peeps that use the EJ line..........the buds smoke,look,and taste great. I'm just not on the trip anymore. If it's working good for you and you don't mind paying for it...Sweet deal,it's organic.

FinestKind

So I just finished my first run with EJ, seems like I used an air-stone to bubble the EJ brew only about half the time...I never saw any issues, but I think I could of used a stronger ratio...Do you think that bubbling it makes it stronger or just more immediately available for the plants? I think my plants could of grown a little denser, but I did have small environmental issues...One thing for sure is I will be throwing in some EWC on all my EJ brew in the future. I didn't know about that before. I also have the HiBrix to add as well...

I am going to use EJ on a run of 12 707 Headband. I have all my issues worked out for my space and I am going to run a little stronger EJ brews for every watering.

Anyone have experience growing organic 707 Headband???

I don't know if it makes it "stronger", but the theory is there will be more microbes introduced to your soil, hence they will be there to break down the nutes for your plants... so in a sense, I suppose it could make it "stronger." I've also added some of their Mycorrhizae (Hydro-Organics brand), which could, for the same reasons, make it "stronger" I suppose...

Like I've said this is my first run, so I can't really add too much to the discussion, but I am following Jman's final schedule for EJ, which includes the Hi-Brix and he ixnays the Meta-K. If you ask him, I'm sure he'd be more than happy to send you a copy of his final schedule... he goes by jmansweed on this site...seems he knows what he's doing.

FK

generalgrievous

collector of lightsabers.. and fine cannabis genet
ICMag Donor
Switched to EJ bloom mid flower for a no N bloom feed.....

It slams my ph into oblivion...... Kinda annoying

FinestKind

Switched to EJ bloom mid flower for a no N bloom feed.....

It slams my ph into oblivion...... Kinda annoying

It does have that tendency :D The solution starts out at pH 3.2 to 3.7 for me, but after bubbling it for a couple of days, it rises quite dramatically- sometimes too much so. I've gone to bed with a pH of 3.7 and woke up with a pH over 7- it definitely takes some doing.

FK

It's pretty funny, because I have never used a Ph Meter for my EJ brews...maybe I should invest in one or at least some Ph drops...

FinestKind

It's pretty funny, because I have never used a Ph Meter for my EJ brews...maybe I should invest in one or at least some Ph drops...

Well, we've all heard "throw your pH meter away" when using organics, but I think for those of us who are recent converts from chemical nutes, it's hard to believe it. I mean, pH HAS to have some role still, obviously, but maybe it just "works itself out" in the soil medium... I dunno.

Zendo

Has anyone used Rootstock gel for 'cloning'?

Was success rate acceptable? I have a recipe for making my own mix, but won't have all ingredients in time, so i was going to pick up a 1.5oz jar.

Anyone have thoughts?

NUG-JUG

Hydroponic Ph up\down kills the herd. Also since EJ is really organic doesn't that make ph a moot point? As the microherd should naturally stabilize you alkaline tea to around 7ish.

STRAINZ

Hey farmers - Just wanted to say that I got no hard feelings with anyone, if I could go back I would have handled things differently.

Gonna leave it at that - Wish ya all the tastiest - fattest - smelliest buds, good luck with your discussions.

Ill try to follow along & pull out quality data to add to the EJ sticky. Feel free to tune in & ill try to be as helpful & respectful as I can.

Tac Out

Cool, thanx Tac!

I've been running Jmans EJ schedule side-by-side against Age Old Organics & my "mainly" GH schedule (GH Nova Bloom, GH Floralicious Plus, Sweet, Bloombastic, Hygrozyme). I'm in week 5 1/2 of 9 & the plants are pretty even, but the EJ plant is looking extremely healthy with no signs of stress whatsoever! This is my first run with EJ & I dont ph or bubble or brew....just use my filtered water & mix the nutes according to Jmans schedule and feed. So far, so good. I'll keep u guys posted!

Peace

generalgrievous

ICMag Donor
Hydroponic Ph up\down kills the herd. Also since EJ is really organic doesn't that make ph a moot point? As the microherd should naturally stabilize you alkaline tea to around 7ish.

Does it really.... It's not poison up and poison down....:dunno:

I would so love to stop with the ph adjusting thing.... I may just give it a try someday.......

:watchplant:

FinestKind

EJ actually sells organic pH up and down, which I'm afraid to buy because I imagine I'll go through a bottle with each and every feeding...but it does exist!

So, are you saying to allow the tea to get to a high pH and the microbes will bring it down? Because I've been taking the opposite approach and using the tea when the pH is fairly low, figuring (as per Jman's tutelage) that the microbes will bring the pH up in the soil mix... either way, has your approach worked for you?

Also, what does anyone know about using cider vinegar as a pH adjuster? (It is organic cider vinegar, too!)

FinestKind

Cool, thanx Tac!

I've been running Jmans EJ schedule side-by-side against Age Old Organics & my "mainly" GH schedule (GH Nova Bloom, GH Floralicious Plus, Sweet, Bloombastic, Hygrozyme). I'm in week 5 1/2 of 9 & the plants are pretty even, but the EJ plant is looking extremely healthy with no signs of stress whatsoever! This is my first run with EJ & I dont ph or bubble or brew....just use my filtered water & mix the nutes according to Jmans schedule and feed. So far, so good. I'll keep u guys posted!

Peace

Do you have any idea what your pH is before you use it? Mine is like 3.7-ish right when I add the the nutes to water... my water out of the tap is 6.0.

NUG-JUG

Does it really.... It's not poison up and poison down....:dunno:

I would so love to stop with the ph adjusting thing.... I may just give it a try someday.......

:watchplant:

This is from my bottles I use for clones' water

PHup (potassium hydroxide) warning may irritate skin, bleach fabrics etc..

PHdwn (phosporic acid) if contact occurs thoroughly rinse with water

Doesn't sound like delicate fungi and bacteria could handle that.

NUG-JUG

EJ actually sells organic pH up and down, which I'm afraid to buy because I imagine I'll go through a bottle with each and every feeding...but it does exist!

So, are you saying to allow the tea to get to a high pH and the microbes will bring it down? Because I've been taking the opposite approach and using the tea when the pH is fairly low, figuring (as per Jman's tutelage) that the microbes will bring the pH up in the soil mix... either way, has your approach worked for you?

Also, what does anyone know about using cider vinegar as a pH adjuster? (It is organic cider vinegar, too!)

Yea I've seem that product and there are other organic alternatives to adjusting ph. Honestly I've never checked ph besides for clones. I couldn't tell you what stages my tea's ph goes through as I've never checked it.

I don't use bottled nutes at all like EJ but it's a good organic product that should react similar. I stuck a ph pen in my soil a couple days after brewing my first "inoculant" tea and it was 6.9-7.0. So I threw the tester back in the junk bin as so many others on this forum have done.

K

kannubis

I use KOH (potassium hydroxide) as a ph up. It is available in a kilo bag for cheap on ebay as a bio-diesel making product. A couple flakes into a 5 gallon bucket does the trick well.

The reason I originally purchased it was for use as a catalyst in a hydroxy gas generator for my car. Dumped the thing after 5000 miles due to the high maintenance required on the unit, but it did give 5-10% gain on mpg when I kept from accelerating hard.

Not sure what the effect is on the herd, but have seen no major problems with my plants from using it.

NUG-JUG

Yea I'm not 100% it kills them off, but i'm sure they don't like it. I think it depends on the "shot" of ph you have to givem. If you're water is way out of line and a lot of ph adjusting is needed, then the bacteria may be harmed.

pushlimits

I dig Earth Juice just as much as any other man, but it is expensive!! I mean not the initial cost (it's actually cheap according to industry standards) but the cost in maintaining use. Just like Capt. cheeze said: It's like crack. You know the saying: One's too many, thousand's not enough

Well, we've all heard "throw your pH meter away" when using organics, but I think for those of us who are recent converts from chemical nutes, it's hard to believe it. I mean, pH HAS to have some role still, obviously, but maybe it just "works itself out" in the soil medium... I dunno.

It really does!! I promise. Every time I watered I tried to use an EJ mixture. I would either brew with an air-stone or just mix it straight depending...Plants never showed signs of stress, but I think I could of pushed them harder. I used jmans nutes study for reference and his EJ schedule.

Has anyone used Rootstock gel for 'cloning'?

Was success rate acceptable? I have a recipe for making my own mix, but won't have all ingredients in time, so i was going to pick up a 1.5oz jar.

Anyone have thoughts?

It's got to work!! Supposedly clones should be able to root without a hormone!! I always use cheap powder or Olivas Rooting Gel...Some strains are harder to clone than others for me...

Cool, thanx Tac!

Peace

Yes please let use know!! I just finished a run using Jmans study for reference, but I had some small environmental issues and my strain was not a producer. I plan to run a little stronger ratio and run a different strain this time. I plan to post results.

Any results you can show/offer would be awesome. Everyone seems to be hooked on the GH Wagon that I talk to.

I dig Earth Juice just as much as any other man, but it is expensive!! I mean not the initial cost (it's actually cheap according to industry standards) but the cost in maintaining use. Just like Capt. cheeze said: It's like crack. You know the saying: One's too many, thousand's not enough

Seems like all the nutes are expensive...I guess you go through a lot of EJ using it every watering!!!

T

treefrog

EJ is a great supplement to the LC mix. I've never checked the ph in many years and it's never been an issue.
Always have bubbled though.

generalgrievous

ICMag Donor
now i wanna bag my meter too..... just mixed up EJ bloom in r/o with liquid karma and cal-mag+.....r/o ph was 6.3.... the mix is 3.7.

requires a solid bit of up to pull out of that hole..... i very much enjoy tending my gardens on a nightly basis.... adjusting ph is a major PITA, it's one part i could do without....

in fact i gotta go do it right now.... fuk :wallbash: