What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Earth Juice - Anything you want to bring up!!!

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
Organic matter is always a good thing. Thats one of the greater benefits of EWC.

I think all organic nutes are relatively cheap. But i would much prefer to buy the ingredients and make your own as mentioned earlier, you get much more out of your well earned money. Even if it costs a little more at the time it will pay off.

mad librettist

Veteran
Organic matter is always a good thing. Thats one of the greater benefits of EWC. I think all organic nutes are relatively cheap. But i would much prefer to buy the ingredients and make your own as mentioned earlier you get much more out of your well earned money. Even if it costs a little more at the time it will pay off.

You probably throw away the ingredients every day.

Cool Moe

Veteran
I'm curious about the Rainbow mixes, if I used both grow and bloom would I need to mix 2 separate soils and veg in the grow mix soil then transplant prior to flip into the bloom mix soil? And then if I do this should I water with aerated worm casting/molasses tea throughout both phases?

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
lol never mind, I thought you were still talking about worm castings.

how DO they make liquid nutes?

I fixed the paragraph so it seperates the idea. I should've done that in the first place.

It depends on the nutrient. I would be interested to see how some of the companies like botanicare and EJ make theirs. Companies like Neptune's Harvest or some General Organics(Biomarine atleast) products give us a good understanding about how some of them are made.

I actually like the idea of just using EWC tea, liquid fish and liquid seaweed over the liquid nutes i still have leftover. I rather make these products than buy them, at least i know how their made and not just sitting on a shelf till sold. Between the hydroslated fish and seaweed extract you have a all the nutrients necessary, some just don't like feeding liquid kelp in flower, which i agree.

The only products i have to buy online is humic acid and the seaweed since i'm particular to a certain type. It cost 15 dollars for 3 pounds of seaweed which makes more than enough liquid seaweed and seaweed meal. The same thing with humic acid concetrate except its 2lbs for that price. Granted this may be a little more expensive as i mentioned, but i get wayyy more for my money.

In my mind the reason we feed with liquid nutes is to supplement the slow acting nutrients in the soil, and feed the microherd as the main reason. Theres more than meets the eye with liquid nutrients than just NPK ratings since there's more than just readily available nutrients.

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
I'm curious about the Rainbow mixes, if I used both grow and bloom would I need to mix 2 separate soils and veg in the grow mix soil then transplant prior to flip into the bloom mix soil? And then if I do this should I water with aerated worm casting/molasses tea throughout both phases?

I've used the Rainbow mixes for a while now and i see no point in buying both of them. I think instead of buying the RM Grow you should buy Epsoma bio tone starter plus if you want to use pre-mixes. This way you get a full spectrum fertilizer from the RW bloom and Epsoma. Than you can supplement with some of the liquids i mentioned above for the micros in the mixes and soil.

I believe with slow acting nutrients that their still gonna be breaking down in flower. So why try to seperate them?

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
i have something to add.....

years ago, when i worked at a hydro shop, the rep for earth juice came in to talk about there product and hype it up. after his speel about it and talking about it for a hour, i asked him what his mix was. he used general hydro!

i asked why he dosent use his own brand and he explained that each batch they mix is so inconsistent from the previous batch, he does not trust it at all! word....

FinestKind

i have something to add.....

years ago, when i worked at a hydro shop, the rep for earth juice came in to talk about there product and hype it up. after his speel about it and talking about it for a hour, i asked him what his mix was. he used general hydro!

i asked why he dosent use his own brand and he explained that each batch they mix is so inconsistent from the previous batch, he does not trust it at all! word....

Huh, well, that's no good! :p I'm on my first run with the EJ, so I don't really have any input yet, but it's good to see what everyone else thinks... now, I know there are EJ fans out there, maybe we could hear from some of them? You know, both sides of the coin?

FK

Cool Moe

Veteran
Finestkind, I can't find it at the moment but you should search the organic forum for a nute study by jmansweed. The focus may have been hygrozyme but zyme paired with Earth Juice liquid nutes was the top performer in his study.

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
Check the hydro-organic section for EJ they have a sticky for it. I don't see as many people here using it since its really for hydro applications. If you need a liquid that won't clog sprayers your good with the EJ.

CoolMoe- What was the study? what products were involved? Were there any true organic nutrients involved as a comparision? Is it a comparision to just another liquid nute brand?
Sorry for all the questions just want to know.

mad librettist

Veteran
Between the hydroslated fish and seaweed extract you have a all the nutrients necessary, some just don't like feeding liquid kelp in flower, which i agree.

Don't know about the kelp hormones debate, but I can tell you not to forget calcium, magnesium, molybdenum, etc... The worm castings are a must.

Hey farmers - Just wanted to say that I got no hard feelings with anyone, if I could go back I would have handled things differently.

Gonna leave it at that - Wish ya all the tastiest - fattest - smelliest buds, good luck with your discussions.

Ill try to follow along & pull out quality data to add to the EJ sticky. Feel free to tune in & ill try to be as helpful & respectful as I can.

Tac Out :)

picture.php

:jump: I'm a refugee from the other EJ thread!

Fraggle, nice thread. I'll be tagging and participating.

Bigballin, here is the link to Jmans study: (It's def worth reading!) https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=148879

Thanks for checking in!! I appreciate any input!!

Hey farmers - Just wanted to say that I got no hard feelings with anyone, if I could go back I would have handled things differently.

Gonna leave it at that - Wish ya all the tastiest - fattest - smelliest buds, good luck with your discussions.

Ill try to follow along & pull out quality data to add to the EJ sticky. Feel free to tune in & ill try to be as helpful & respectful as I can.

Tac Out :)

picture.php

You are the man! It's all good!!! Your thread has some great input!! I think that EJ is popular enough to have different threads going with different conversation. Lets pull them together for the most complete EJ info possible!! Thanks for stopping by Tac, I appreciate your input as well!! Good Karma to you!

The idea for making the Earth Juice sticky was brought to me by a moderator so I put it together with the intent to keep it purely informational & focused on solid to the point info.

I agree that this EJ chat thread is a good idea.

Going to link this thread to the sticky for the guys that want to BS about whatever.

:plant grow:

So I just finished my first run with EJ, seems like I used an air-stone to bubble the EJ brew only about half the time...I never saw any issues, but I think I could of used a stronger ratio...Do you think that bubbling it makes it stronger or just more immediately available for the plants? I think my plants could of grown a little denser, but I did have small environmental issues...One thing for sure is I will be throwing in some EWC on all my EJ brew in the future. I didn't know about that before. I also have the HiBrix to add as well...

I am going to use EJ on a run of 12 707 Headband. I have all my issues worked out for my space and I am going to run a little stronger EJ brews for every watering.

Anyone have experience growing organic 707 Headband???

DRorganic

Veteran
i have used earth juice ,pure blend pro soil .fish compost grow and bloom .and bat guano. the best i have used to make my buds the sweetest and sticky is earth juice grow bloom meta-k. with guano as a top dressing and black strap molasses mixed in to my earth juice tea. and adding my home made earth worm castings adds micro heard to help plant up take nutrients . from now own i will only use earth juice with added guano. just as the 3 littel birds uses. good luck