What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DWC Original Haze Hedgerow

gdtrfb

have you seen my lighter?
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn that haze looks good!!
im sitting here with a wet mouth! dam i wana spliff of goog old haze! mucho respect brother! dnt see many true haze fans around! stay safe...c
those are some very awesome buds!
:yeahthats some nice haze Man !

Thanks folks
I've gotta say, I'm more a fan of the 7 week stage - that healthy, still-got-a-lotta-life-left sassyness - but still, she does get damn purdy on her death bed.

Tried getting some shots of her darkening spots - it's not purpling, if anything she's rocking a deep khaki. These are from the start of their day 72 of 12/12.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

She's a treat for the eyes, I just wish you guys could have nose-sexes with her.

gdtrfb

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 76
So....yah. Down she comes

That much fun with scissors involves some prep work, and this is best accomplished starting with a jar from the last haze harvest

The last pic of the mass in total
picture.php

some shots before the first snips
picture.php

picture.php

and after
picture.php

picture.php

and now, the glamourshots portion of our presentation
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

and a bouquet
picture.php

gdtrfb

ICMag Donor
Veteran
'nother pile
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

some leaves
picture.php

the trotline - this is about half of what got done the first session of snips
picture.php

I don't want to present any delusions of conclusion yet tho, there's still this left to go thru - the spears have for the most part been plucked, but there's still plenty to eff with
picture.php

gdtrfb

ICMag Donor
Veteran
alrighty, everything is living in a jar now, so it's probably about time to put a cork in this bitch

final tally was 1.75 lbs of ohaze - the BM and schnazz brought things up to a pound per bulb, or about .75 gpw. not highlight reel material, but...screw it. She's Ohaze, I'm happy with it ;)

a stack o' dried spears
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

some secondary tops
picture.php

Did you ever wonder what a trash can lid full of Ohaze looks like?
picture.php

some larf on the left
picture.php

crunkyeah

Veteran
Wow.. I don't even know what to say! That is truly a breathtaking sight!

Good work :) enjoy the fruits of your labors.

gdtrfb

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow.. I don't even know what to say! That is truly a breathtaking sight!

Good work :) enjoy the fruits of your labors.

thanks man - and i apologize for the semi-cryptic post in your thread asking about racy mind bender sativas

i just didn't notice where it was, and it being a specific breeder's forum, and mentioning another breeder there just didn't seem like the nice thing to do so i edited it

i mentioned that (altho it could just be how my brain works) african sativas have always touched that twitchy, racy, white knuckle buzz spot for me - the Tiki forum here isn't too busy, but some of their offerings may be what you're looking for.

TB Gardens

Veteran
dude... i just read thru the whole thing, i have no idea how i missed this until now. good lord, lemme just say a couple pages in you convinced me to go dig out some haze from my archive to puff on while i finished the whole thread. omg, man, fuck. haha what a jungle in that room man. im literally at a loss for words. really really makes me want to run some haze next winter.. we will see, theres always so much i want to run! way to go on the final pull, i think thats damn good for how crowded and densely foliated it was in there. killer grow man!

gdtrfb

ICMag Donor
Veteran
dude... i just read thru the whole thing, i have no idea how i missed this until now. good lord, lemme just say a couple pages in you convinced me to go dig out some haze from my archive to puff on while i finished the whole thread. omg, man, fuck. haha what a jungle in that room man. im literally at a loss for words. really really makes me want to run some haze next winter.. we will see, theres always so much i want to run! way to go on the final pull, i think thats damn good for how crowded and densely foliated it was in there. killer grow man!

awesome - i'm glad you could smoke-along with the thread and have some giggles with both, man

good enough excuse for me to dip into the curing jars and have a roll-up too ;)

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
astounding n' speechless bro, monster haze ..all buds look like baseball bat ,enjoyed bro!!
rep+++ for the very nice harvest!!

bigherb

Veteran
gdtrfb

Those pics are amazing ,are you stil running the same cut

No question one of the best haze grows ive ever seen

Id love to hear a smoke report

1luvbigherb

gdtrfb

ICMag Donor
Veteran
gdtrfb

Those pics are amazing ,are you stil running the same cut

No question one of the best haze grows ive ever seen

Id love to hear a smoke report

1luvbigherb

thanks man - high praise, indeed :)

yep, she still lives on, just not currently in flower - i'm bulking up some moms for the chopping block, tho - so you'll probably see more from her in a few months ;)

as to smoke report...she's just confounding. tastes are usually described in terms of not-pot (lemony, incense-ish, etc) but all the tastes that really register for me are 'great pot'. I could just have a shitty pallet, tho - i've heard from others that a fuel-ish taste is in there somewhere, and that's consistent with the smell she puts off about week 7 or so, but my tastebuds miss it. it just tastes like incredibly smooth great tasting pot to my mouth.

the buzz is tilted to 'High' and as far from 'Stoned' as i've seen - there is a floaty limbs body effect, but for the most part it's head buzz, and a grinny/happy/goofy buzz at that. It's the kind of high that makes whatever you're doing a hell of a lot more interesting than it would be otherwise, but it's not a great buzz for doing nothing. (or however one could describe anti-couchlock)

from what i've gathered from others who've had some, there's a mindfuck aspect my tolerance may not allow for, tho - i've seen somebody talk to a microwave for well over 20 minutes, and have heard that one consumer decided she would be a good ingredient for edibles....and ended up spending the evening with an imaginary reptile.

another thing i can't vouch for myself, but i've heard frequently enough it's worth mentioning - i've heard the phrase 'I haven't tasted that since the 70s' so often it might as well be her calling card amongst the older smokers. I was more likely to be eating paste and watching Captain Kangaroo during that period, so i don't know myself, tho.

bigherb

Veteran
gdtrfb

Much respect

I truly appreciate all the details ,Im very happy to know she still survives an i look forward to a possible 2nd round grow show

Incense ;),sounds like i hav to grab a pack of seedmans Ohaze before they become extinct .The fuel sounds great aswell ,lemon seems to be common in the line if i recall correct but not to my liking.The high sounds amazing ,somthin special id lov in my jar

Best wishes

1luvbigherb

gdtrfb

ICMag Donor
Veteran
gdtrfb
I truly appreciate all the details ,Im very happy to know she still survives an i look forward to a possible 2nd round grow show

she'll be around again eventually, but i'm going to revivify this thread for a bit for a couple of reasons

1) some of the crosses i mentioned earlier in this thread are at a point in their tests that they're starting to get interesting
2) i've got some beans i can send in for the server fund, and asking the folks who might have subscribed or frequent this thread as a method of gauging interest will let me know if it's worthwhile sending them in or not

Also, it's probably not worth its own thread, and if it was I wouldn't know where the hell to put it. so...yah. it's neither DWC, Ohaze, or a hedgerow, but...it's E/F, Ohaze crosses, and a jumblefuck. that's gotta be at least partially entertaining.

First off, the crosses currently being given a test run are oHaze x Sour Bubble and oHaze x ((oHaze x NL) x (oHaze x NL))

The ohaze x nl 'project' ended up named 'hannah' one night after looking at too many beer cups of soil labeled 'HN', so for brevity's sake, I'll refer to the haze x (haze x nl f2) cross as haze-hannah. The haze x sour bubble I'll just call haze-bubble.

The setup for testing is what I affectionately think of as the Ghettoflow 3000 - a cement mixing tray with some ebb & flow fittings with a 27 gallon storage tote for a res and a 300 gph pump kicked on every 4 hours with an el cheap-o timer. The seeds are started in rapid rooters, and put in 5 inch square pots with hydroton, 12/12 from seed. There's a 3 foot square PVC/string trellis cobhoused on there, and a 600w bulb with an open batwing reflector above them. Nutes are GH Maxibloom, Botanicare Calmag and nigh unto random applications of dynagrow protekt silica with RO water.

12 days after being potted and put in the flower room
picture.php

9 haze-hannah at the top, 8 haze-bubble at the bottom

By the time they sexed, I ended up with 5 females of each - 10 girls will be a little more cramped than I was anticipating, but...what the hell. They'll cope. I'm just wanting to get a preview of what's in these crosses, how the traits I'm looking for are shaking out, etc...so while not great for yield, it is a situation where 'the more, the merrier' has its logic.

3 weeks later - they're no longer segregated, things had to be moved around to wedge the screen in there. I was at least a week late on getting the screen on there, so it's way higher than it should be, but...again, they'll cope.
picture.php

It's probably worth mentioning that by my experience, at least in terms of assessing flower time, going 12/12 from seed adds two to three weeks - so when you see a bud above at 5 weeks, it's indicative of what you'd see at 2 to 3 weeks if vegged. that first 2 to 3 weeks of 12/12 from seed growth just isn't concentrated on anything other than initial growth.

A side view of the ghettoness and the flowiness. Oh yah, forgot to mention but it's on 2 inch casters so I can slide it around the room to get at other stuff. Or eat the brown acid and ride it down the street like a scooter too, I guess.
picture.php

I know, I know, I can hear the chorus of '18 inches of snagglefucked madness below the screen, clean that shit up!' already, but..there is method to this particular madness. One trait of the oHaze lady I'm dealing with that I don't want to lose is her ability to produce decent lowers in spite of the lack of direct light they receive.

So far, it looks like of the haze-hannah, 3 have kept this trait and it's showing in 4 of the haze-bubbles...so on that front, so far so good. Just for examples sake, this haze-bubble bud is about a foot below the screen and gets shit nor shinola in the way of direct light.
picture.php

Not award winning buds down there by any stretch, but I want to see what end percentage carry the trait of deprived lowers that aren't larfy bullshit by the time they're done. Letting the below-the-screen stretch look like the plant world's version of 70s penthouse afrobush is the only way I'll see what percentage of plants have lowers that actually harden off and accumulate weight in the tally.

Since the screen is a hodgepodge, it wouldn't do much good to try to say 'the third top in from the left' while pointing at my monitor while grunting and hoping you can hear me somehow to know which plant I'm talking about - instead, I've picked a couple and will babble about them specifically. I tend to give plants either vaguely descriptive or otherwise goofy names as I'm keeping track of them, so they might as well get put to use here, as well.

The Haze-Bubbles
1) Bulky - the...well....bulkiest of the haze-bubbles. she's leafier than others, but looks like she'll be the weightiest by the time things conclude
picture.php

week 5 of 12/12, about 2.5 weeks of 'actual' flower growth
picture.php

5 days later
picture.php

week 8 of 12/12, about 5.5 weeks of actual flowering

2) Frosty - (starting to get the hint I don't highly value originality in temporary plant names, eh?)
picture.php

8 weeks

3) Zelda - I wasn't really mom hunting or anything with this run, but this little lady seems princesses-ish enough, she's getting the reveg treatment, complete with voodoo sacrifices to ensure success. There's a certain odor/progression of odors thru the stages of growth that is present in the Ohaze behind all these crosses - I lack the vocab to describe it in terms that would mean jack shit to anybody else, so I'll just call it Awesomitude(tm) . My experience with previous crosses with this oHaze lady as a parent/grandparent/etc is that if the offspring has Awesomitude(tm) , it will also carry the grinny/goofy up-buzz as the oHaze. It won't be identical to the oHaze buzz, but the component shines thru in its own right. This little lady has that, plus earlier bulk/likely much earlier finish time. I won't know for sure that the Awesomitude(tm) smell to buzz correlation will hold until this little lady is in a joint, but the signs so far are enough to make me salivate.
picture.php

8 weeks

Haze-Hannahs
These have came out almost exactly as I expected, to a point that it's so on target and as anticipated that I almost want to distrust what I'm seeing - I anticipated 75% to be ohaze dominant, 25% to be outliers/freaks. It's a way-too-small sample size this time around, but all the same, 5 females, 4 are showing every inclination to copy their grandma/mom oHaze and one is an...outlier.
So far, the freak is the only one i've grabbed pics of - I'll need to spend some time with the others, but for now..the freak. we'll call her 'Poof'
picture.php

8 weeks, about 5 weeks of actual flowering. She's showing largely haze traits, but 10 to 14 days earlier than her sisters. She seems one to keep an eye on, at least.

As these not only share a screen, but a snarled root mat, harvest is going to have to hit a mid ground between the two crosses. As is, they're at 8 weeks old, and about 5 to 6 weeks into actual flower development. So far, it's looking like 13 or 14 weeks total, 10 to 11 weeks flower time is the target. The haze-bubbles could probably go sooner, and the haze-hannahs would doubtlessly like to go longer, but...the Ghettoflow 3000's role in life is not to do things right, it's to get a preview of what possibilities a pile of beans may have as quickly as possible...and there's a backlog of other crosses awaiting a slot in there, so patience just has to be cockblocked on this one.

Speaking of crosses, that brings up reason #2 to drag this thread back from the dead...assessing interest in stuff I could send in for server fund if anybody is interested. This has already become an epic-long-mega-war-and-peace post, so I'm going to take a break and contemplate my navel for a few, but I'll consult my Notepad Of Short Term Memory and offer up a list of what babies I'm willing to part with if anybody is interested in them here in a bit.

gdtrfb

ICMag Donor
Veteran
gonna be super tasty fo su, +rep for the very nice nuggs you grow there!!!

thanks man, i've been drooling over the idea of the haze-bubbles since I ordered the pack of sour bubble, so I'm absolutely looking forward to the tasty.

Alright, belly-button contemplation completed, on to the seeds. I expect I should probably copypasta this to a seedbay thread, but...the thread with a pisspot of info on the haze plant that's involved in all of these crosses can't hurt, either.

I'm not looking for definitive 'i'll buy that' type information, so much as if a particular cross is something you'd even potentially be interested in. I don't want to send in stuff where I'm the only person that could possibly be interested in them, in other words ;)

these are all crosses with my oHaze personal prettiest pretty princess from this thread as a mom or grandma. or grandma-mom.
oHaze x Sour bubble - there were 3 males used, altho the only visible variances were in timeline - 1 was 4 to 5 days behind the others. other than that, they could have been triplets. virile, spunky, funky triplets.
picture.php

one of the sour bubble males used in this cross - I think this is the only male I have pictures of - I'm not too fond of de-pollinating my camera ;)

5 ten packs available

This started with the oHaze cut crossed with a nirvana NL male - in the f1s the haze was dominant yet the majority of seeds fell into that evenly mixed zone -while haze dominated, about 80% of the plants showed the same 'meet-nearly-in-the-middle' traits. In the F2s a face melting potency not really easily attributable to either grandparent showed up frequently - from that batch of f2s, 2 males were picked to knock up their grandma

4 to 5 ten packs available

oHaze x schnazzleberry

absolutely untested, and probably not for the feint of heart or the short of ceilings.

8 to 10 ten packs available

(oHaze x NL f2) x Oger99
I wasn't really wowed with the female examples I got in a pack of oger99 - the buzz is there, and the bag appeal/stank is divine, but the yield just wasn't there for me on the few females I got. That said, a male from that pack has justified the purchase and then some. The stank off of him was of a sort you'd be proud of it off of a prime female, and so far his progeny have all shown great bag appeal, weight, and potency.

this cross is a (oHaze x NL) x (oHaze x NL) female with the oger99 male providing spunk.

8 to 10 ten packs available

(ohaze X NL) f2s - the batch that produced the fathers used in the oHaze backcross above, as well the same f2s mentioned above that showed potency not found in either grandparent

6 to 8 ten packs available

oHaze Adventure mix

While I know the potential fathers, these are the accidental pollination or over pollination results that weren't sorted and have just accumulated into a general 'haze was the momma' pile. They were all picked out of an oHaze bud by my own grubby little paws, but other than a list of possible fathers not much else can be added.

potential dads: Nirvana NL, Nirvana AK48, Chimera Schnazzleberry, BOG Sour Bubble, Ohaze x NL f2, Mandala Satori, and Dutchgrown Oger99.

20 to 30 ten packs available

i'd guess these would be better as freebies - but even at that, I'm wondering if there's any interest.

gdtrfb

ICMag Donor
Veteran
got some more recent pics on the tester kids - i'll start off w/ the same 4 mentioned above

1) bulky - oHaze x sour bubble, about 8 weeks of flowering growth
picture.php

2) frosty - oHaze x sour bubble, about 8 weeks of flowering growth - she's packed on a bit of mass in the last couple weeks
picture.php

3) zelda - oHaze x sour bubble, about 8 weeks of flowering growth
picture.php

*slobber*

4) poof - oHaze x (oHaze x NL f2) , about 7 and a half weeks of flowering growth
picture.php

grabbed some pics of the other oHaze x (oHaze x NL f2) ladies - i'm overjoyed so far on how close these are coming to their grandma/mom

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

took a pic of one of the lady's secondary tops, and had severe deja vu when i was going thru the pics

on the left, the backcross...on the right oHaze grandma/mom (from back on page 4 of this thread)

picture.php

in the esteemed words of John "Hannibal" Smith, "I love it when a plan comes together" ;)